Hotel Residence Le Timgad

maykal's Profile Photo

Le Timgad

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 12, 2014

At first sight, I thought the Timgad was going to be a bit too expensive for me, and had I changed money at the official bank rate, it would have been. But, like other hotels in Algeria, one of the first questions at reception was "do you need to change money?", and I was sent to a nearby grocery store to change on the black market, and suddenly the Timgad became affordable!

I stayed here twice, oddly in the same room on both occasions.

Unique Quality: It's quite a nice hotel, with comfortable rooms, clean bathrooms, friendly staff, and a good breakfast in the attached Cafe Riche. The location is perfect, on the main street of Oran, 2 minutes walk to the Town Hall square and close to a tram stop. The Front de Mer is maybe a 10 minute walk.

I have to say the view from the room was disappointing, looking onto a brick wall and a fire escape, although I could just about see some rooftops and the mountain in the background. The wifi connection in the bedroom was weak, but apart from that, no complaints.

Directions: On the main boulevard with a tram line, close to the town hall square in the centre of Oran.

jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Good price

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2014

I asked for the price and when I said that I found it a little expensive, then we talked and agreed a fare price according to my budget. They treated me very well and had lunch the next day, since it was Fryday and offered me cous-cous for about 8 Euro.

Unique Quality: It is centrically located, near to everywhere. Staff were friendly and helped me with info about the city. Breakfast was OK, with an egg.

Directions: downtown, I reached Oran by train, from Annaba, and walked about 10 minutes untill I found the hotel, by chance, I asked the price and accepted the discount.

Nearby Hotel Residence Le Timgad

3 Photos of Hotel Residence Le Timgad

Oran Travel Forum

Need advice about Oran, Algeria? Visit the Travel Forum for Oran and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Oran