Kasane Hotels

Our Members Say

• tgirl007 profile photo tgirl007
  • Reviews: 51

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kubu safari lodge: Lodge and campground

This is a great place to stay, the campsite is inexpensive with clean bathrooms.there are also small bungalows to rent in the campsite if you forget the pegs to your tent!!The main lodge is expensive...very expensive, but definatly one of the most beautiful i have stayed in...so if you have the cash...stay at the lodge most definatly......

The lodge is outstanding, situated on the banks of chobe river, in the mornings you will find hippos grazing on the lawn and crocodiles basking in the sun!the campsite is great too, here i met a very tame woodpecker(bird)who visited us every day we were there and followed us around...something special....there is a small pool in the campsite for those whom cannot take the heat and humidity..and boy does it get hot!!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: National/State Park, Camping, Safari
  • Written June 11, 2004
Tip Photo

Kubu lodge

• smirnofforiginal profile photo smirnofforiginal
  • Reviews: 963

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lesomo Valley Lodge: very nice

The lodge is located in the Kasane forestry reserve, about 20km on from Kasane town. It is set just down the road from the village and is firmly in the bush - when, early one morning I drove out of the gate I encountered a herd of elephant crossing in front of me. I sat and joyfully watched until Mr Bull Elephant at the rear turned around and started to warn me about the frightfully bad mood he was in.... reverse the car, reverse the car, reverse the car!!!!!!

We paid USD320. Which, compared to other lodges around Chobe was not a bad price! The (family) room was very clean and comprised of 2 bedrooms (1 double bed & 2 singles) and a bathroom. The staff were all very friendly and the owner, a shrewd business lady was most engaging and we chatted literally all night. She told me local news, traditions, about herself and her family, about village life, general information about Africa... It was our first night in Botswana and it was refreshing (having been across South Africa and Namibia) to actually be staying in accommodation owned by a local (black) African.

Very child friendly.

The Botswanan Tourist Board only gives it a 2 star ratnig but don't let that put you off

Dinner was over-priced and the bar was badly stocked with little to no variety. I think we were limited to one brand of not so good tasting local beer or cola.

• Opinion of Price: N/A