Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 3899
Hotel Hala: with spacious porch and inner garden
Except some budget accomnmdations with a few rooms Gaoua has only one midrange hotel with 22 rooms. Hotel Hala is run by a Libanese family since 1981. The rooms are OK, maybe a little overpriced. At the front the hotel is a spacious parkingplace.
The rooms are situated around the garden at the backside of the main building. The lobbly, restaurant and porch are spacious. The porch is a good shady place to have a beer or another drink at sundown. In the restaurant African food, but also Lebanese and European food is served.
We stayed two nights in the hotel to see the Lobi country around.
- Reviews: 2876
Hotel Hala: Lebanese Enclave in Lobi Country
Probably the only hotel worthy of a stay for many visitors to Gaoua will be Hotel Hala. Located on the road between the bus station and central market, Hotel Hala is somewhat isolated, but it is also complete in terms of service. The Lebanese and African style food is quite good, and there's a bar with service almost anytime. There are plenty of rooms, and it's hard to imagine this place being fully booked. All rooms are either air-conditioned or with a fan. There's a central patio area where food can be delivered, and an inside dining area as well, for when the mosquitos become a problem during twilight. The Lebanese owner married a Burkina Faso Lobi woman and started the hotel in the 1970's, as I recall his story, and the mixed ethnic children have learned the local dialects, French, Arabic, and English quite well. I took a photo of the youngest kid, Damien Faysal, and exchanged e-mail addresses with him (address provided below). Overall the place is a bit overpriced but safe and clean. On the one hand, the owner allows disreputable guides to hang around the lobby and bar begging visitors for business, on the other hand, the owner was kind enough to provide a lift down to the bus station when the time came round. This is a remote region of the world, so don't expect the best, but this place is certainly convenient enough for a few days.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Discounts Hotel in London
- Elegant English Hotels in London offering competitive rates www.eeh.co.uk/
- Hotel bookings
- Search For Hotel bookings. Find Useful Information on Ask.com www.ask.com/Hotel+bookings
- Burkina Faso Hotels
- Search for Burkina Faso Hotels on Savenkeep Find great results Now! www.savenkeep.com/Burkina+Faso+Hotels
Explore the World
- Gaoua Burkina Faso Hotels
- Compare & Book Hotels Today. Find the Best Prices at Hotels.com™ www.hotels.com/Gaoua_Burkina_Faso
- Hotels in Burkina Faso
- Book Online and Save Up to 80% Now. Lowest Price Guaranteed! www.hotelscombined.com/Burkina_Faso
- hotel reservations
- Over 100.000 hotels Worldwide. Lowest price guarantee! www.booking.com/Hotels
- Hotel Reservations
- Find the cheapest rates for hotels Biggest offer of hotels worldwide www.hotelium.com/
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Cheap-Hotels