Hotel les Palmiers

See Amenities
DAO's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 15, 2012

I stayed at 4 hotels in Ouagadougou. If this was a review by Goldilocks, I would say this hotel is just right. You can get a nice room for 32,000 XOF (48€, $64) for 2 people with air-conditioning, a green garden, big cold beers at the poolside bar. They also offer 2 restaurants, a conference facility and 24 hour security (except when they took me by scooter at 3am to the airport.

Les Palmiers is completely quiet, a short walk (60 meters) to the main market, close to the airport and comfortable. The gardens are ok. Maybe they need a better gardener, but you can sit outside an soak of the sun, beer and/or food. You can also use your wi-fi underneath a thatched roof and still enjoy the weather.

The pool area is a bit basic at first sight and could do with a few new cushions. otherwise it does the job and the bar is right beside it and in the middle of the gardens.

My room was good. It had a TV I never switched on, Air-conditioning and a standing fan - a very good combination actually. Ok bathroom, desk, some nice art on the walls and a solid steel door. My bed was - just right! I managed a good night's sleep in absolute silence except for my air-conditioning humming quietly. The combination of environmental controls allowed me to dry clothes quickly and keep my bathroom cool. For some reason the bathroom wall was red hot, I believe due to the sun hitting the outside and retaining the heat.

For the money in Ouagadougou I would recommend Les Palmiers.

I would also recommend that you reserve in advance. They only have 14 rooms and could only give me a room for 1 night. If you email, get a response! They are not the best at replying.

Unique Quality:
* Quiet location and gardens
* 2 restaurants (mixed reviews)
* Close walk to main market and other restaurants, shopping, banking
* Wi-fi and Internet-connected computer
* Conference room
* Good rooms (no mini-bar)
* Reasonable pool
* Bar in the middle of pool, gardens and hotel
* In room satellite TV and TV lounge (with ac)

Directions: Near the German Embassy and 120 meters south-west of the main market

Hotel les Palmiers

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ouagadougou Travel Forum

Need advice about Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso? Visit the Travel Forum for Ouagadougou and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ouagadougou hotel reviews

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Splendid Hotel
Explore Deeper into Ouagadougou
The best way for travelling in Burkina...!
Ouaga Taxis
Awesome Ivoirian Food in Ouaga
restaurant spectacle
Air Burkina
Things to do
FESPACO film festival
hitching across the border
Bargain, bargain and bargain...
A Chinese in Ouaga.