Ouagadougou Hotels

Our Members Say

• sachara profile photo sachara
  • Reviews: 3950

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chez Giuliana: Colourful and hospitable guesthouse

Our last day we stayed in the guesthouse Chez Giuliana. We had only a day room till our departure in the late evening. We enjoyed the ambiance and atmosphere of the colourful guesthouse.
Giulinana and her staff were extremily helpful and hospitable.

The owner Giuliana is originally from Italy. She started after her visit in 1999 to Burkina Faso a women's sewing workshop in Ouaga. To maintain and support these activities, she started also a guesthouse.

When it turned out our room was not fixed, we could stay in the living annex bedroom of the family. We had a nice own terrace where we prepared our own lunch. In the evening we enjoyed the great roofterrace with fantastic views at the town. Nice way to spend our last hours in Oauga before we headed back to Europe.

Rooms with AC or fan, free wifi in all rooms, self catering kitchen, library, great roofterrace.
Meals and transfers from/to the nearby airport on request.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Arts and Culture
  • Written May 9, 2013

Entrance of Chez Giuliana

CASE D'HÔTES: A NICE MAN

This small hotel is owned and run by a very nice man named Alain Mottard. When I showed up unexpectedly (in Burkina Faso), I found the 5 room were already booked. Alain wanted to make sure I had a nice place to stay at a reasonable price and telephone to make a reservation for me at the Residence Galiam. Alain has been here for 16 years and runs a very nice hotel. The rooms all have themes, there is a large shaded courtyard, and it is an easy walk to the central part of Ouagadougou.

He has a staff of a guard, 2 maids and a chef named Ibrahim. You can enjoy French and European cuisine here at the hotel as well as have a few drinks.

In addition to free Wi-Fi, Alain also offers city tours, 4x4 excursions across Burkina Faso and even a 30 person bus at your disposal. Shuttle services to the nearby airport are not a problem.

I didn't have the opportunity to stay with Alain and his daughter, but I can highly recommend a stay here. Just reserve in advance!

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 7, 2012

CASE D'H��TES

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

RESIDENCE GALIAM: A GOOD PLACE

I found myself here after trying to get into the Cases d'hôtes Guesthouse. I enjoyed my stay, cold beers in the garden and nice swims in the swimming pool. The staff are friendly, security is excellent and its quiet. Its a very long walk into town, but a cheap taxi ride. The hotel is set in a nice local, working, neighborhood. Several small shops, bars and restaurants are nearby. They have 16 rooms and vary between a small room with a fan and shared bathroom to a large en-suite room with air-conditioning. The best room is available for 25 000 CFA (38.50€, $50). My room was 8500 CFA (13€, $17), had a fan, mosquito net, large refrigerator and a reasonable bed.

They offer rooms on a bed & breakfast basis, but also make meals you can enjoy poolside. Their small bar is well stocked and nothing is a problem.

If you want a little bit of luxury on a budget, stay here. You also get a chance to see lot of local life. I was treated very well and was always welcomed during my walks around the neighborhood.

This is a nice, quiet place to stay.

* Reasonably priced
* Swimming pool
* Poolside bar and meals
* Quiet
* Secure
* Good fridge in each room

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Road Trip
  • Written April 19, 2012

RESIDENCE GALIAM

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

LA PALMARIE: THE BEST GARDENS

Before I tell you about the gardens, I need to say this place is overpriced for local standards. Its nice - don't get me wrong. I came across this nice hotel just walking around. The second I went past the massive steel security gates I realised I was in a tropical garden. I kept hitting my head on low hanging mangoes! Lizards scurried around and I watched the gardeners tend to the small, but lush surrounds. I tried to book for one night, but was told to choose another - so they do fill up. They only have 23 rooms (2 are suites).

When I did get in I was worried because my room was closest to the nice poolside bar. I need not have worried. There is actually a privacy wall between and I never heard the bar as they keep the music very low. With only 23 rooms I always had the pool area to myself. In fact I always had the hotel to myself. For that and a good night's sleep I am thankful.

My room had a small fridge which I stocked with my own cheaper drinks. I had a good bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, good shower, separate toilet, good closet, umbrella, mosquito net, desk, bug spray (cool!), I could come and go as I pleased and it was absolutely quiet.

The hotel has free internet, wi-fi and actually a reasonable exchange rate for Euros (only).

I only had the (buffet) breakfast by the pool and it was very good.

They do have a nice looking restaurant and business services as well as laundry.

In terms of location it is very walkable to the main road - all of it.

By the way they were filming a music video here when I visited to make a reservation.

I found it expensive, but a good time. If you have just one night in Ouagadougou - this is probably the best place or Hotel Les Palmiers.

For the record I paid 50,000 CFA (76€, $99)

* Wonderful gardens
* Silence
* Good nights sleep
* Separate bathroom and toilets
* You can stock your own very cold fridge
* Great location
* Free internet

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 16, 2012

MY ROOM

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Compexe Hôtelier Sana: TOO MUCH, TOO LITTLE, TOO FAR

OK. They have a swimming pool. That’s about the only water you can expect during your stay. This is more of a hotel for workers with a good sized dirty pool. I had very little water in my room the night I arrived and no water at all the next day. For this and several other reasons – I cannot recommend that any tourist stay here. The hotel is far from the city center, is run down, dirty, amazingly bad beds and not even a toilet seat. Not having water for a shower, shave or even flushing the toilet just really says it all. I had a trickle of water the night I arrived and it took me 2 hours to wash a few items of clothing.

I booked this hotel due to the price, look of the room on their website and the swimming pool. I figured that cheap taxis back and forth would be ok. I found everything wrong on all counts. I did have air-conditioning, but the bed was so bad I really couldn’t sleep properly. I had agreed to pay 15,000 CFA for 4 nights. I paid the normal 19,000 the first morning and ran away. I found it a long walk (1 km) just to the main road to flag down a taxi. There were no taxis to be seen near the hotel.

To top it off I paid 1000 CFA for a bottle of water. It was dirty and every drop tasted like dust.

I have stayed at better hotels across Africa for less. And had water. I have stayed in places where the water stopped, but a stand-by was made available immediately. This hotel is definitely not recommended by me.

• Far away
• No water – except in the pool
• Bad beds
• Dirty

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written April 14, 2012

HOTEL SANA

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

chez giuliana: a home away from home

Owned and managed by Giuliana, an Italian woman in Burkina since 1999, this guesthouse is a little gem. Located in a safe area, Giuliana and her son Andrea will make you feel at home from the moment you arrive until you leave. Andrea is a chef so he can cook for you, if requested. In case you want to cook yourself, there's only a fully-equiped kitchen that you can use.

7 wonderful rooms with nice african decorations, air-con, fan, private bathroom, and mosquito net. I stayed in the blue room in one occasion, and the "ciel" room on the balcony the second time: this room is truly wonderful. A simple but delicious breakfast is included.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 15, 2012

• Pinikitan profile photo Pinikitan
  • Reviews: 1
Pacific Hotel

I was checking in late in the Night and the Reception told me all is fein. This was a big LIE. The Room was not fein and the Air Condition works not good the Light in the Badroom was not working and in the Night lot of KAKALAKS in the Room.
The Price of 35.000 CFA is abslout not accepteple this House is better she pay if someone is going in.
The Food n the restausrant is so lalala but dont eat staek there its hard and not good for the Night.
I can give Everybody on WARNING to go in this Hotel only if you want to loose big Money for not good Service and if you want to become SICK.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 23, 2010

• lemondrop profile photo lemondrop
  • Reviews: 237

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Belle Vue: Ugly and Full of Skeeters

I checked this place out as soon as I got to Ouaga. It reminded me of something from a horror movie. I was shown a room where the mosquitos were overjoyed at a new arrival. After making a face, I was shown a "better" room. The better room was a slightly bigger room with equally ecstatic mosquitos. I have nothing against a dive..as long is it offered at dive rates. In my opinion, this place is a ripoff for the CFA25000($50) asking price

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 8, 2009

• lemondrop profile photo lemondrop
  • Reviews: 237

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pacific Hotel: Ideal Hotel For a Splurge

The Pacific Hotel is a pretty classy place, located next to the airport, and a short walk to food/shopping/entertainment of the city center. The airport is practically downtown, and you could actually walk to your flight from this hotel in under 10 minutes. The rooms here are roomy and comfortable, with air-con and TV. There is also a nice pool that nobody ever swims in for some reason. Staff here are very nice and helpful...yes they expect a tip!

Next to the airport AND downtown...how many hotels in the world can you say this about??

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 8, 2009

The room

• F_Meignant profile photo F_Meignant
  • Reviews: 147

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

OK Inn: Bathroom and clim...

Very heavy weather in ?Ouaga?: warm and humid? One night, since I could not sleep (missing air despite the clim), I went down to the reception of the hotel with a book to let Brigitte sleep.
The lobby was full of prostitutes who are working at the lorry station. Comforting the solitude of the lorry drivers.
I guess the poor girls are coming here to have some rest and chat between two clients.
Pitiful.
Anyway, they don?t bother the customers of the hotel, and I didn?t get any offer...
Strange atmosphere nevertheless.

Large modern hotel, comfortable, friendly.

Good quality food (local and occidental) at the restaurant.

Unfortunately not very well situated, in the suburbs of the city at the end of a long avenue and then behind a lorry station.

This situation combined with the price, I would say that we were somewhat unsatisfied.
Nevertheless, it's far from being a bad address and offers a lot:
Swimmingpool.
Visa cards welcome.
The hotel has a shuttle to take customers in the city centre, which is quite convenient.
It's possible to let luggage for a few days if you have a trip to do around Ouaga.

• Related to: Backpacking