Tess

Based on 53 reviews

Tags

Arts and Culture
See Amenities

Chez Tess is like chez moi

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2014

Very nicely decorated rooms. This is the cleanest hotel I've stayed at in Burkina. It's very nice for the price and the staff is very helpful. I've been here twice.

Unique Quality: Very clean which is a rarity in Burkina.

sachara's Profile Photo

Chez Tess, decorated in ethnic style

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 6, 2013

In 2013 we spent a few days in the guesthouse 'Chez Tess'. The guesthouse is run by Tess, a artist from Sweden, married to a Nigerien Tuareg. Before she had a guesthouse in Agadez in Niger. A pity we did not met her because she was travelling during our 4 days stay.

After we entered the door we enjoyed the green innercourt and the ambiance with nicily decorated veranda's and rooms. I felt immediatily at home.

I liked also the area around the guesthouse with unpaved roads and small shops and workshops. It reminded me a lot the first time I visited Ouaga in 1989.

Most ethnic items in guesthouse 'Chez Tess' are from several parts of Africa and are also for sale. Our Tuareg friend from Timbuktu, who lived temporary in a refugeecamp outside Ouaga and came to visit us, was very enthousiastic when he discovered a door in Timbuktu style at one of the veranda's.

Unique Quality: Cosy and relaxed atmosphere and nicily decorated rooms in ethnic style.
Free wifi in the rooms and veranda's. Great breakfast with fresh bread and fruits.

Directions: The Guesthouse is situated in Zogona, a few blocks south of the Boulevard du General de Gaulle just east of the Zogona Market.By car or taxi it's only 10 minutes to downtown Ouaga.

Nearby Tess

• Shuttle Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ouagadougou Travel Forum

Need advice about Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso? Visit the Travel Forum for Ouagadougou and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ouagadougou hotel reviews

Splendid Hotel
Hotel les Palmiers
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Ouagadougou
The best way for travelling in Burkina...!
Ouaga Taxis
Air Burkina
Things to do
FESPACO film festival
hitching across the border
Transportation
Bargain, bargain and bargain...
Shopping