Praia Hotels

Our Members Say

• capecodrose profile photo capecodrose
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Praia Mar Hotel: 2011 udate Terrific HOt Spot!

We did have to argue about a cheaper rate, because on the day we called and made the reservation it was more reasonable than the day we arrived. we succeeded and was happy. the restaurant continental breakfast was fresh and many choices to select. Ambiance nice. Lots of lounge chairs to relax in.Overall experience was very relaxing with the ocean very close by. Other meals at the restaurant very expensive though.
Bathrooms excellent.lots of hot water, large tub and shower accommodations, plenty of bright lights. Rooms ok..mattress hard though and pillows lumpy. Television with multilanguage channels and world news ..yes!!!Landscaping gorgeous, always clean and manicured. Lobby beautiful. Also room service available for snacks and sandwiches..Staff very helpful, courteous..everyone very helpful without the hands out for money so you give because they were so nice to help you. I mention some things that may seem usual at hotels, but the previous two islands we visited did not have any of this, so we were thrilled to finish our vacation with amenities similiar to the USA!
i would recommend this hotel because you do feel safe, no worries, you can eat at the restaurant and rest. I would bring a mattress pad next time though. There are plenty of taxi service to take you all over the city. enjoy!

The Pool is large and beautiful..The water so terrific and pretty. I swam alot. Lounge chairs and sleepers..very very nice. and there is a huge cafe out there by the pool that you can purchase cool drinks, etc. and food to snack on. There are pretty umbrellas and a covered area to sit under. the table cloths and umbrellas match in a brilliant medium blue color. Great picture taking opportunity/

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 23, 2011

• ranos profile photo ranos
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pestana Tropico hotel: fair nice and fairly cheap

The service is Great there is no distubences.
They only clean if you want them to making it easy to relax with your lover.
its not to far from the beach either.
3.5 star hotel really nice.

pool and a beautiful view.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 2, 2007

• NJMike profile photo NJMike
  • Reviews: 4

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Praiamar: The Only Hotel in Town

First of all, for the location it is pretty damn expensive! Since I was there on business I wasn't too concerned although in the back of my mind I hate the idea of getting ripped off. What I paid per night, around 120 Euros, is about the local salary for a month - for those lucky enough to have a job. But the problem is that its just about the only hotel in town. Basically its there or nowhere. So if you plan to visit CVI, you're best avoiding this island - Santiago. If you have to go, stay here.

Very clean. Very western. There is a small pool but its filled with sea water. The food is good and plentiful but beware of the lunch buffet - 18 Euros! Again, too expensive. The hotel is in a nice location but don't venture too far at night because "there are bad boys", as I was told by the desk clerk. Take advantage of the sauna, gym and get yourself a massage.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written June 5, 2006

The Hotel Praiamar

• stigel profile photo stigel
  • Reviews: 34

Hotel Tropico: Best place to stay in Praia

I have personally never stayed at the hotel, but I lived 50 meters from it for two years and know the pros and cons of the place! It's got a saltwater pool, a restaurant (which isn't all that great) and a snack bar. The rooms are definitely the cleanest I have seen in Praia, alot better than the Hotel Praia Mar which is similar in price and also claims "four stars"

It's located in Prainha, one of the wealthiest parts of the city - the area is quite safe. There are two beaches close by, the small one is better for swimming!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive