Parc National de Virunga Hotels
Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 13
Virunga Hotel, Kisoro: Basic, but definatley did the job.
We camped at this hotel the nite before and after our gorilla trek. There is a couple of undercover bbq areas, where our meals were cooked.
There was about a dozen rooms available that were named after all different kinds of animals eg Lion, Elephant. They faced into a cement courtyard. Inside the rooms were basic, but still looked clean and comfortable. Decor was a bit how you going - red painted cement floors and turquoise coloured walls.
At one end of the courtyard were the bathrooms - two unisex pit toilets that flushed and two cold showers. At the other end was reception and the small restaurant and "bar". Keep in mind tho' that they don't stock spirits, only beer and soft drinks. Hotel a couple of doors up will sell you spirits by the bottle or if you take a cup, by the nip. Not sure of the name of it.
Also a man named "George" can arrange for any laundry that you need done at a fairly cheap price.
A past visitor to the mountain gorillas has made a huge contribution to the hotel. After trekking a number of times in the area, the man donated and built a HOT SHOWER in the grounds of the hotel. His name is written on the side walls, but at the moment I can't remember his name. It runs on a generator and let me tell you, after trekking for 7 hrs and being muddy, cold and soaking wet it was much welcomed when I got back to Virunga Hotel.
Thanx a heap.
- Reviews: 22
No Name: Hunting Lodge
There were two lodges on the volcano in Virunga, both of which were closed-up. We were unprepared to sleep out under the stars and asked our "guide," Andy, if were could rent one of the lodges. He said "sure," for $20 a night, so we gave him $20 (in Zairis, which was 100,000,000 Zairis)and he told us to wait while he opened the lodge. When we came back he had indeed "opened" the lodge, with what must have been a swift kick, and we slept in relative comfort indoors - though we almost asphyxiated ourselves with the kerosene lamps, but that's another story.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Hotels Congo Info
- Get Info On Hotels Congo. Access 10 Search Engines At Once. www.info.com/HotelsCongo
- Expedia Hotels
- Choose From Over 140,000 Hotels. Expedia Guarantees the Best Price. www.expedia.com/Hotels
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Hotel-Reservations
Explore the World
- Hotels in Congo
- Book Online and Save Up to 80% Now. Lowest Price Guaranteed! www.hotelscombined.com/Congo
- Crisis In DR Congo
- DR Congo Women Urgently Need Help. Sponsor A Woman Survivor Of War. www.womenforwomen.org/
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 275,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels
- AmericInn® Republic, MO
- Free Breakfast, Heated Indoor Pool, Great Hotel Deals - Book Now! www.americinn.com/Hotel/Republic/MO
- Hotels - up to 70% Off
- Find Discounts on Hotel Rooms Now. Compare Rates up to 70% Off! www.travelzoo.com/