LTI- Pyramisa Isis Island Resort And Spa

Designerartgirl's Profile Photo

Pyramisa Isis Island Aswan Resort & Spa

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 20, 2014

Was an average room. Not what i would consider a 5**** hotel to be like but it was still comfortable. The island meant that the hotel was secluded and we could be away from all the fuss from outside.

Unique Quality: I really enjoyed playing around in the pool at this place. There was some odd floating things which could be used, it was really empty and best of all plenty of sun loungers to choose from. Around the hotel was also a giant chess board which i played with my travelling companion.

A super hotel can be used by all

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 6, 2009

After a horrendous flight from the UAE where I live which took over 9 HOURS to get there due to endless flight delays everywhere, the experience I received when I arrived, far from happy and very tired, changed me from mad to glad in seconds. This hotel was quite simply marvellous. Although my own hotel room (nile view) had apparently been let as they thought I was a no show arriving so late, they nevertheless put me in another vacant room (uncharged) for the night so that I could get some sleep and then the following day moved me to a nile view room of my own choice!. This more than made up for the inconvenience and changed my whole experience from nightmare to heaven and to one which means I will not hesitate to book this hotel again. The hotel staff were also pleasant, chatty and extremely helpful, going out of their way to make the stay there memorable and for all the right reasons.

My room was clean, every day made up (even when I didn't ask for it) had a lovely balcony and nile view and a big comfortable bed. I also had a bath not a shower. The food (I only took breakfast) was tasty and there was plenty of it with in my opinion, a good choice for everyone of all ages including cereals, continental breakfast, danish pastries and cooked breakfast as well as the cheerful chefs ready to make your own every day.

I won't hesitate to stay here again. Aswan is quite simply a magical place to visit and this is a hotel I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

Unique Quality: The hotel is actually very very nice. Situated on a private island and reached by motor boat just adds to the tranquility and ambiance of the location. Some of the bedrooms are ground floor which makes it a consideration for the elderly or handicapped people (although there is steep walk up to the doors it is ramp style so wheelchairs can be pushed) and the staff could not do enough to make my short break for Eid with them as pleasant as possible. I would also like to say that the shops within the hotel were also super - always willing to offer tea and make small talk. The jewellers, the metal craft shop and the souvenier shop in particular. A mention must also go to the excursions company and Yasoo who arranged my trips - HUGE thanks for an experience I will not forget and a guide who was outstanding.

Directions: Reached from the main marina by their own provided boats which run all day and all night it is probably 10 minutes sailing from the mainland to the island. The trip is however pleasant and just adds to the magic of the whole holiday experience.

coceng's Profile Photo

Isis Hotel...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 12, 2005

Pat & me stayed at Isis Hotel; Pat originally wanted to stay at The Old Cataract Hotel, maybe he wanted to meet with the ghost of Agatha Cristie ! Dunno...She wrote Death On The Nile. I saw the movie but never read the book.
It was nice this hotel, a good base for us to see many places around Aswan :
Philae Island;
Edfu;
Kom Ombo;
Also to Abu Simble !
There's no balcony so I could puff away just outside the door !
Please click on the links...
Err, notice my lighter has changed ?!

Your own island.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2004

Catch the boat from the port a few minutes drive from the train station - on the route to the Pyramisa Isis Island you can see the Agatha Christie Old Cataract Hotel and the Aga Khan's mausoleum. The Pyramisa Isis Island looks relatively impressive as it sits upon it's own, small island.
I went in June, and the place was near empty - the same story applies all over Egypt right now but Aswan seems to have suffered more than most. The staff didn't have that same 'cloying' quality I experienced in other places in the country. There were there if needed, but didn't impose. A quality, I think, rare to find in this part of the world!
Only one of the pools was open, and this was where the activity was. Even in June the dry heat with a regular warm breeze dries out the skin leaving a flaky crust on your cheeks! Bring Vaseline!!!!! However, although the staff give you space, find a way to come back from the pool without passing the hotel shops - because that's where the silence ends!
There's a small cafe near the main pool where sparrows peck at your feet, while a children's 'zoo' - I'd rather say farm - keeps a couple of pelicans, goats, sheep, turkeys and deer. The guys will give you a tour, no problem, though don't expect to see wide open spaces for the animals to run.
The foyer of the Pyramisa Isis Island already looks faded with water-stained marble. The rooms are basic. You will find the occassional cockroach - although I think this adds to the charm....motivation to exercise, anyway! The food was good but not amazing. In fact, if the hotel dropped it's star rating a little I'd be able to say it was great. But pretending to be a top class establishment when it's really for middle-range travellers such as myself lets the hotel down.

Unique Quality: There's a great view everywhere from the hotel. Like everywhere along the Nile the green stops abruptly a few metres from the water and the miles of yellow sand take over.
I imagine that, if staying a long time and wanting to visit the town regularly you'll get bored of the boat ride, though.

Directions: It's own, small island.

Nearby LTI- Pyramisa Isis Island Resort And Spa

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Aswan Travel Forum

Need advice about Aswan, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Aswan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Aswan hotel reviews