Radisson SAS Resort Hotel

Nabq Bay, Nabq, Egypt

More about Nabq

View from our balconyView from our balcony

Fishermen's shadeFishermen's shade

Desert dwellingsDesert dwellings

selling waresselling wares

Info on Nabq

by glasgowblue

Hi all. Just a couple of questions i hope someone can help me with. Im traveling to Nabq bay in September with my father and staying at the Sealife hotel all inclusive. My dad's never been abroad before and i've only traveled a couple of times but never to Egypt. Basicly im wondering if anyone has any info or advice on this area or hotel. I would also like advice on changing currency from sterling to travelers cheque etc. Any helpull information at all would be greatfuly welcome. Also i'm assuming that Nabq isn't very popular due to the lack of activity on this Forum. Thank you

RE: Info on Nabq

by lacegirl

Nabq... is very popular, but people think they are in the main part of sharm when they book, rather than a suburb. Nabq bay is about 20 mins by taxi from Naaama Bay. Lots of hotels, and you can go in any of them. Does your hotel have a website? Most hotels have change facilites for money, cash or tcs. whatever the exchange rate is in the Uk you can expect 10% more over in Egypt. Don't pay commission, and the rates are the same everywhere. Its easy to use a cashpoint but your bank will charge you a little bit for withdrawals.

Just found a web page for you.... hotel looks lovely

RE: RE: Info on Nabq

by glasgowblue

Thanks lace girl. Youre help is appreciated. Thanks for that link it makes me even more excited about my visit. Would you recommend taking travelers cheque as im not sure about carrying a lot of cash around and im not sure if my bank card would work, its only a basic account i have without visa or switch facilities

RE: RE: Info on Nabq

by lacegirl

If you are not sure about your card, have you seen the new American Express Card from travel agents. Its a cash card, you pay the agent your cash here, and use the card in ATMs abroad. Safer than cash, and means you dont need to carry your passport, like you would travellers cheques. They allocate a pin to it straight away. It would solve your problem.

Most hotels change traveller cheques, but I would check with your bank, to see if your card would work as well. I normally take £100 in local currency with me, just so you are not having to change money etc. Banks closed on Fridays, sometimes very busy on thursday nights.

Travel Tips for Nabq

Mangroves in the Sinaii

by nada1712

There are several areas in the South Sinaii where Mangroves thrive. The coast of Nabq is one such place. They grow in saline and mixed fresh and saline water -particularly where flood water pours into the sea. The shipwreck off the coast is why the locals call this area 'al-Ghara'na', - 'the drowned'.

Nabq Bay

by lyncol

"Nabq Bay Nr Sharm el Sheik"

Our hotel was called the Golden Resort. Typical all inc hotel , all you needed and more.

To get to the beach you had to cross a main road but there was always a security man to help you across. We could also catch the mini bus if we so wanted.

"Nice Gardens"

We had a ground floor room with views of the pools.
The grounds were nicely kept.

"The Beach"

The beach was nice although the sand was gritty.

To snorkle you had to climb down a ladder off the end of the jetty. I did this once but it didnt appeal to me.
You could stand on the jetty and see numerous fish, so you didnt need to snorkle.

Nabq in the Sinaii

by nada1712

"Wild Nabq"

Nabq was declared a nature reserve in 1922. This wild exquisite landscape north of Sharm el Sheik is not often visited. The stark interior and the wild beach which houses unique mangove forests growing on salt water are dramatically beautiful. Two important ecological systems -the mountain and desert environment -sit side by side and Bedouin commmunities living traditional ways of life camp in the Wadis (Wadi Sid mostly) and near the coast where they fish.

"Girl from Nabq"

Young girl in the desert in Nabq

Comments