Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh

Mussad in NabqMussad in Nabq

Arak BushesArak Bushes

Stella di Mare

by albatrosss777

I have a question. Did anyone visited Stella di Mare? We should go on October, at Sea club Stella di Mare or Swiss in hotel. Can enyone tell me something about the city, if there is one?! I have hurd that Stella are hotels, no town. We should have gone at Tunisia, but I think that in October is not a nice weather there. Give me some advice.

RE: RE: Stella di Mare

by albatrosss777

So, there is nothing to see? Not a thing??? Than, what people do for 10 or 14 days??? Only swim and sleap???

RE: Stella di Mare

by albatrosss777

Give me some advise where to go and what to see from Ain Sukhna, Stella do Mare, except Cairo.

Travel Tips for Nabq

Scuba diving & snorkeling

by myriam_c

Of course scuba diving is a real must when you are at the Red Sea. The corals are fairly intact and the amount of fishes is amazing. Gear can be rented (about 15 euro per day) at the Magic Life Imperial diving centre.

Hauza Beach Resort, Nabq

by scattybat

"The Hotel"

On first impressions the hotel is beautiful, and to be honest it is. It does have its bad points but we all need something to moan about. I have to say the worst of it is the aircraft noise, yes it is loud, but you do sort of get used to it.

We found the pools a bit cold but there is going to be a heating system installed soon (when they can find someone who knows how it works!), but basicaly clean and safe. The slides in the jungle pool are great, I enjoyed them as much as the kids! There are pool attendants on duty and many of them are trained as lifeguards- this is not advertised- we only found out by chatting to the staff.

The food is what you would expect in an international hotel, catering for many different nationalites is difficult so they tend to stick to the same few dishes, but it is pretty good food. The fresh cooked dishes are delicious and desserts are good too. The pool bar snacks are the same every day, waffles, pancakes, burgers, chips, soup, pasta and toasted sandwiches. Pizzas are availiable all day from the beach bar (the chef there is a bit loopy!), the queue is long but they are very tasty. We didn't have the chance to try either the Tirana or Al Jazeera restaurants as the were fully booked when we tried. We heard good reports about both. All of the restaurants are very busy.

Most of the staff are lovely, there will always be the exceptions. Watch out for the young man who cooks eggs in the restaurant and omelettes in the monkey breakfast- he has got wandering hands- I gave him a good slap round the face when he grabbed my chest!
The waiting and cleaning staff work really hard but have always got a smile for the guests, the cynics will say they are after thier tips, but when you consider they get paid LE400 a month- can you blame them?

I have to say my favourite member of staff is Sameh, the keeper in the zoo. Siddiq who works there is nice too, but Sameh is the best. Although the Egyptian way of caring for animals is different to the british, he loves all his animals and is a lovely friendly person at the same time. He is willing to take you round to see and feed his animals every day, we would take fruit, juice and cheese from the restaurant for him to give to the monkeys and other animals. He enjoys being able to give them a treat, we bought Sameh some chocolate for himself, and found out he shared it with his monkeys. So if you go to the zoo, be nice to him, he deserves it!

"The area"

Nabq has nothing to do outside the hotels, but Na'ama Bay isn't far away and the hotels usually have there own transport. outside the hotel there is mainly desert, building works and wasteground, so I wouldn't advise wandering around on your own.

The reef outside the Hauza isn't the best I have seen, but there is a wide variety of fish. There is a small shelf of coral before it sharply drops down around 70 meters. The reef is reached from a jetty with life guards on, the current can be very strong so take it easy when you first get in as it can be deceptive on the surface. My husband went snorkelling every day and enjoyed it very much, but my daughter and I didn't like swimming there. It is a personal choice.

Complete relaxation in Nabq Bay

by myriam_c

We chose a resort in Nabq Bay (Sharm El Sheikh) for our winter getaway.

Nabq Bay is so brandnew that they don't even have a telephone network! All telephone/telefax communication goes via the mobile network. If you don't have a cellphone, be prepared to high bills! This is just a side note.

Nabq Bay has only a few hotels upto now and lots of bare land on which new hotels will be build in the very near future. We were glad we chose this very quiet spot, far away (20 min. by car) from busy Naama Bay.

Nothing else to tell about Nabq Bay.

Comments