Amarante Garden Palms Resort

Naama Bay, (Formerly Tropicana Garden Palms Resort), Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 5331, Egypt

Hotel Website Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 76% more and rated 17% lower than other 4 star hotels

• laid back is all youneed to do

My wife and I first booked this hotel 2005 for afriends 40th and we went as well,our 2nd time to eygpt,different hotel first time ,went to look at hotel when our cruise finished. location of hotel better than first vist,hotel set back from main road 15 mins by coach from airport no noise from main road ,all rooms on the back of hotel sign posted and numbered. liked hotel staff could not do enough for you, pool waiters brought you drinks even when not ordered as they soon know what you drink, once a week in main season top pool closers early, all sun loungers are put away and all pool ,restaurant staff even management help out [and that as to be a first],cooks move the evening meal outside around the pool tables for 2,4 6,and some 8 settings when they had finished it looked very romantic and when everyone had finished it was all put back and you would not know you eaten outside, eat early to get the table you want as it is first come . we rebooked the hotel for easter 2008 some reception staff ,bar staff, pool attendants,dinningstaff, management recognised us retune guests receive basket of fruit in room , going to hotel next door in 8 weeks so i am popping in to gardens for a drink and chat with friends i met and to chose my room i want in august as i have booked it again ,only down side on accomadation is no balcony on first floor patio windows on ground floor when we left in 2008 it was starting to be revamped as there was a name change

Unique Quality: all staff very pleasant and helpful 7 bars sometimes a bit slow, 2 pools bottom one heat why ?as it was not needed in march ,bar at each pool only downer is lacks entertain day and night may have change since if not 15 minute walk in naama bay which we do

Directions: turn right at airport one way system,take first left when break in central reservation take care when doing this no highway code it seams hotel is 1st one on kerb side

• Danny&Bronia's Profile Photo

A great hotel in Smarm

We stayed in the Tropican Garden Palms in March this year.

Really enjoyed our stay there. The staff are VERY friendly and the Hotel was very nice!

All inclusive was fine for me but Im not a fussy eater. My patner was a Vegitarian so a varied choice was not really there.

The rooms and Air Con were great. Had a room overlooking the Pool.

Everyday you returned to you room you had a creation on your bed from the cleaners.

The drinks were only seved in standard glasses so if you drink pints you would be up and down all night! Got to know one of the waither who found a pint glass and solved the problem!

The Hotel is a good 10 - 15Mins walk from the central area. Or about 2 mins in a Taxi!

Taxi's were very cheap costing a couple of pounds to go anywhere! There are hundreds of Taxi's every where. Each one will stop pestering you! We just smiled and said No thank you!

Unique Quality: Rooms were very Nice.

The Staff were very friendly.

Not once do you feel you have to tip!

More about Amarante Garden Palms Resort

Absolutely Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Ash1983

We returned from Sharm at the beginning of January and are in the process of booking up to go back. The hotel was fabulous, we had such and good time (and no tummy upsets). The rooms were really clean, the staff were friendly, the food was excellent, the pools clean and there were plenty of sunbeds and our rep (Sue) was really helpful.

We found most of the drink to be nice (apart from the wine). The only thing we didn't like was having to pay for bottled water (if you needed it) before 10am, saying that we are typical Scots (tight...ha ha ha) and it only worked out at 33p a bottle.

We were only about a 5 minute drive from Nama Bay and the hotel puts on a bus to go at night (for free).

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanted a fantastic break.

Do not hesitiate

by TripAdvisor Member Goodwick

Have just returned from one of our best holidays ever and we have the staff from this hotel to thank for it. It is honestly one of the cleanest and friendliest resorts you could stay at. Nothing is too much trouble. I was really surprised to read in one review a complaint about the plastic glasses around the pool. Haven't they heard of safety !!!!!!!! Of course you are going to get unbreakable glasses around a pool side. Unless they are professional moaners who complain about anything and everything to try and get a money refund or free holiday, I do not know where they are coming from. Please do not hesitate to use this hotel. You will not be dissapointed. Value for money it is second to none. Oh and by the way, first holiday we have ever been on where immodium was NOT needed by us or any other holiday maker we met.

Booking again

Just returned from a two week stay at the Garden Palms Hotel and we are now booking again for a further two weeks later in the year. What a great holiday the wife and I had. The service was outstanding the management and employees could not do enough to ensure that we had a great time. The food was good all the time and with different nationalities there the food was very well balanced. The pools were excellent, the rooms were large, comfortable and very clean, all with air-con. The rooms were cleaned daily and the bedding and towels were changed daily. The management occaisionally sent out questionaires for the residents to complete - any comments made were followed up and addressed. Every one was friendly. The hotel lobby has a Taxi desk at which you can book a taxi to travel into Naama Bay,Sharm old town or further afield. Ehab (known as Bob)one of the drivers was fantastic,he took 10 of us into Old Sharm guided us around,bartered on our behalf and all for £1:50 GBP!!
We can't wait to return a truly relaxing holiday just what we wanted in very satisfying surroundings with friendly helpfull staff - I would recomend this location without any reservation.

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sungate

I stayed in this hotel in december and could not fault anything about the hotel.

The rooms and all public areas are spotless, and the staff cant do enough for you.

The food in the hotel is fab, with great variety day and night.

The hotel is smaller than some of the others in the area with just one rest and a couple of bars...and low key entertainment...but it is just five mins from naama bay if more excitment is what your looking for.

I would recommend this hotel 100% to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member corbyjock

Spent two weeks here and had a GREAT time, no complaints at all.I totally agree with all the Positive comments made about the Palms.
One small criticism however is the shortage of chairs in the Lobby Bar at night.
Nice casino five minutes walk away.
No need to pay for a visa IF you are not leaving Sharm el Sheikh.
Any questions about this hotel please free to ask.

Brief Resume

by TripAdvisor Member Spencios

I think it's all been said before so lets keep it brief!

Pros: Excellent clean hotel
Huge rooms with king size beds and air con
Several english TV channels
Excellent food with good variety
Heated pool (you need it out of season!)
Friendly staff
Only 10 mins from airport

Cons: Under airport flight path
Far too few no smoking areas
Breakfast not as good as lunch/dinner
Best sun beds get taken very early
No gym
Poor evening entertainment
White and rose wines unpalatable
There was a minor earthquake (can't really blame the hotel for that one!)

My main criticism that there is no escape from people smoking if you're a non smoker like us. (Having a small no smoking area in a restaurant is akin to having a no urinating section of a swimming pool!). Otherwise for a budget all-inclusive resort I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

A few tips for the money conscious:
Don't be herded into the queue's at arrivals - they will charge you £13 each for a visa you wont need unless you intend to leave Sharm.
If you do need a visa go to a booth which charges US$15 - far cheaper at today's exchange rates.
The trips you're rep will offer can be found far cheaper in Naama bay - just be sure they're fully insured.
Dont be too generous with you're tips - the average wage is only £30/month. Save you're tips for those who give you the best service (not the lady in the airport toilet holding the loo roll!)

Cruise and Stay

We have just returned from our first cruise and stay holiday with Thompsons. Our second week stay was at the Tropicana Palms and I have to admit having had a five star experience on the cruise in respect of food, entertainment, comfort and cleanliness and having read the odd unfavourable comment about the hotel we viewed our stay with just a little apprehension!
Well we should never have worried, both my wife and myself agreed wholeheartedly with all the plus comments about the hotel and the resort. Food is of an exceptional high standard and rich in variety encompassing eastern discoveries with our own traditional dishes including daily soup, roast, veg and a mountain of sweets. Whilst we were there we ate everything including salads and never once got any type of tummy upset, and we also witnessed a food hygiene inspection carried out by their health equivalent with the manager, chefs and others in toe, checking on taste, temperature, and samples.
In respect of the drink, I agree the white wine is bad but the red is quite pallatable if you are a regular drinker, the spirits are home grown and have quite a strange taste, but if you stick to rum, gin or vodka you should be OK, the beer is OK too even in those Plastic glasses (I tried scores of drinks and couldn't smell Perno.
The sister hotel was also worth a visit if like us you had not been to Egypt before, although I have to admit we thought we had landed on a film set of Captain Correlli's Mandolin (lots of Italians)Nice pools, food and a beach view with sun beds to die for, it also made a free pleasant half day out.
Money wise I took a hundred pounds in Egyptian money (950 Egyptian pounds) and used about half on taxis, a drink out, and tips.
We kept our room on the last day (cost £25) well worth it, there are free safety boxes but no hair dryers girls!
I suppose if we had stayed for a fortnight and just stayed around the pool it could have got a bit boring or the sameness but you dont do that do you.
My advice to anyone going here is get up early for a sunbed, give all the food and drink a fair try, go into Naam Bay it is an experience, give the entertainment a miss and enjoy the hotel, the staff, the weather and Egypt and you will be back, just as we were.
PS I was sixty whilst we were there and besides all the animals made from towels, and the flowers on the beds, I also received a cake and candles etc, but we had not told them it was my birthday. It would appear when they have your passports they check for birthdays, can you see that happening in Spain?

Enjoy you lucky things.

Visa

by lesleyanne66

I have visited Egypt on two occassions visiting Sharm El Sheik and Taba Heights You do not need to purchase a Visa. You just write across the paperwork Sinai ONLY.

Tropicana Garden Palms Sharks Bay is one of the best Hotels I have stayed in. The staff are extremely polite. The Hotel is exceptionally clean. Rooms basic but y do you need much if ur only sleeping in them.

St Georges Three Cornes Taba Heights is a nice hotel. Clean. The rooms are nice. The food is really poor tho. So much repetition on the menus but it caused a good laugh.

Tropicana Garden Palms?

by mr.small

Can anyone give me an idea of how far out of the centre of Naama Bay this hotel is.I know where its sister hotel the Gafy is. Is it anywhere near to it?
Cheers .Stu.

Re: Tropicana Garden Palms?

by swisssinai

The Garden Palms is located on the beginning of the hill on the left hand side as you are driving out of Naama towards the airport. There are two hotels there, one operated by Three Corners and one by Tropicana.

Re: Tropicana Garden Palms?

by irishwales

hi, its about a 4 minute walk if even that. (you go along the main road (trying to ignore the taxis). watch the road as you cross over.. good luck hope you have a nice time

Comments