Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh

P.O. Box 115 Sharm El Sheikh, P.C. 46619, Ras Nasrani Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, 46619, Egypt
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh

appreciated the Baron Palms

by TripAdvisor Member cramond

From the moment we arrived at the Baron Palms, our party were made to feel welcome and at home. The staff could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The service received was excellent. As to the food, it was well prepared and presented, with plenty of alternatives available to suit all tastes. We would not hesitate to use this hotel in the future....

Just back from The Baron Palms Sharm!

by TripAdvisor Member carolinebanks

Just back from this hotel , and as it was the first time in Egypt we did not know what to expect but the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff are all very friendly
I tavelled with my husband and my twelve year old son who was bored stiff by the second week as there is no English animation team out there,all there is entertainment wise is a billiards room with dart board and an internet cafe,all other entertainment is in Itallian so for kids this is a let down.!!!!It really is an Italian dominated hotel,if your not Italian they dont speak to you.Entertainment needs to be looked at by managment at this hotel as it really is a beautiful hotel and could be great if the entertainment was addressed.There is only so much sunbathing and sitting at the pool one can do ,it would be great for honeymooners !!!
We travelled into Namma Bay on the shuttle bus a few times ,four to be precise and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe which is a must as the food is great there,the food at the hotel was ok,there was always something one could eat,but I think the hotel has been over rated,I think it would suit a 4 star rating rather than the five it has.
Be prepared to be harrassed to death by the shop owners in Namma Bay and on the shopping boulevard in the hotel,this really is very frusrating ,they just would not take no for an answer,in the end I was rude ,something I dont like being to people but this is the only way that getting the message across to them that we didnt want to come into their shop,one actually grabbed my husband and tried to pull him in to his shop,we only wanted to stoll round the town and was very glad when it was time to go back on the shuttle bus again.
It was nice to go and see Sharm El shiekh weather was fantastic,that was the best thing about the holiday ,it was 45 degrees,hotel was nice ,food ok but entertainment rubbish,this hotel is for you if you want total peace and quiet,but definately not for twelve year olds.Will not be returning to Sharm El Sheik once was enough,not in a bad way,just didnt meet our needs as to the type of holiday we as a family were looking for.

Wonderful holiday, great hospitality.

by TripAdvisor Member IBTISAM

My husband,two little sons and I stayed at the Baron Palms from July 25th- August 3rd. We had a very relaxing and sweet time all through our holiday. The hotel is sooo clean and the staff is so polite,helpful and hard working.We used to give them tips which they really needed and appreciated and we got a special and personal attention in return.
It was our fifth visit to Sharm and we stayed at other fancy hotels before like Hayatt,Sheraton and Savoy but believe me I found Baron Palms the most welcoming and comfortable hotel for families with young children as mine.( ages 4 and 7 ). My sons could go alone to the kids club or to the pool bar playing and ordering food and I can still observe them from the swimming pool.
We were all inclusive guests so we enjoyed a wide choice of food and drinks at different restaurants which was really great( except for the Egyptian restaurant ).
If you like snorkling,Baron Palms has a magnificant beach were you can be amazed by the most beautiful fish and coral. Do not waste your money on boat trips or diving lessons before trying it.
What I did not like is the entertainment at night which was totally addressed to Italians so we spent the nights out of the hotel either at Naama Bay or at Alf Lela Wa Lela were we enjoyed eastern dancing shows.

Go to Baron Palms and relax. I can not wait for my next visit

Great relaxing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Gebs

We have just returned from a very enjoyable holiday at the Baron Palms, which was our first time in Egypt.
The hotel which has not quite been open a year yet, offered very comfortable rooms, lovely pool area and good food. The staff throughout are very friendly and helpful.

Each evening in the self serve restaurant was a different theme night, Mexican being our families favourite.
All area's are constantly cleaned and staff always checked if everything was ok. Wheather you were sitting by the pool, in the restaurant or in the bar area, staff would check all was fine.
The weather as expected at this time of year was hot, even in the evenings.

The only let down was the entertainment programme, or lack of it. The Italian animation team only catered for the Italian guests, leaving aside English, Russians and French.
We had hoped the hotel would have Egyption animation with live shows and dancing etc, instead of Italian drag queens.
Same goes for the daytime animation which saw the Italians only rounded up for games.
True British grit was shown though when we, out numbered English, got together and beat the Italians at volley ball. How great it was to see them storm off in a huff.
As I understand though, this blip in entertainment is only for a few months until another hotel is ready for the Italians and their animation team.

Our dissapointment with the entertainment was taken on board by the management of the hotel, who were seeking ways to overcome the problem. Sadly not resolved during our stay.
This problem aside, I would still rate the Baron Palms highly.

Out and about we enjoyed Naama Bay which was about 15-20 minutes by cab (£4-£6). Very lively and miles better than I imagined it would be like. Cleaners are all over the place picking up every minute piece.
Naama Bay has many good restaurants, lively bars and much quieter bars for chilling out.
A buggy ride towards the desert was good but we were suprised how much rubbish there was around. This needs sorting to be a big tourist attraction.
There are also many shell's of hotels and apartments going up all over the place.
The real beauty however lies beneath the water with a garden of multi coloured coral decorated by the most beautiful looking fish you could imagine to see. Every snorkel trip we saw fish we hadn't seen before.

Would we return to Egypt? Yes.
Would we return to Baron Plams? Yes (minus Italian animation).

Lovely hotel - pos/negs

by TripAdvisor Member S&P93

I've been meaning to write... we stayed at the Baron Palms over Easter. As many say, it is a very lovely and clean hotel and the staff were genuinely friendly (no plastic smiles). Also the staff working with the children seemed very warm and approachable.

The food buffet was varied & definitely very good for an All Inclusive hotel. The setting of the evening pool restaurant (handful of tables) overlooking the gardens/pool was lovely. This was more A la Carte but it was a bit limited and the quality was not really superior to the buffet. The piano bar on the first floor had once again nice views and decent cocktails.

One point to note (as it wasn't clear to me before we left), the hotel isn't on the beach but 150 m away and you reach it by an internal avenue which is lined with some tourist trinket shops, chemist, etc. We personally enjoy having direct beach access so this was a small downside. However they have friendly staff at the beach providing towels, drinks (beach bar) and helping you find sunchairs if crowded (as it got at Easter).

As for snorkelling, it was fab. Off the beach, there is a floating walkway out about 100m to the reef and you climb in there. My husband and I (both divers) were impressed by the variety of fish and coral. We also noted that other divers actually came here on occassion! No need to dive though, you can see most by snorkelling.

Overall a lovely holiday and if you're not looking for direct beach access or refined wining/dining, this is a great place and definitely one of the better hotels on this stretch of beach.

Loved the Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member johnruncorn

We came back from Sharm on the 21st Aug. It was the third visit to sharm,(we loved the place).I had my 46th birthday whilst we were there and i was presented with a chocolate gateau and a bottle of red wine on the day .Hotel staff very attentive and courtious all times. The pool was great,it was also clean and tidy at all times. beach very clean and tidy.No toilets at the beach.The hotel had a lot of Italians. This was because their hotel was not finished, and Baron Palms had agreed to cater for them. This was not a major problem, only at meals times it was a little busy, so we avoided the early start. The evenings were a liitle quiet as there was little to do, we normally go for a stroll after dinner,but once you have seen the local shops that was it.Tipping early is a good idea, normally a £1 or £2. coin is appriecated, it is advisable to tip, as the staff earn very little. The dive shop locally was brilliant, i even managed to convince my wife to dive, diving for the first time for her, that made our holiday complete.The hotel rooms were clean, eating areas were spotless, You did not have to get of your sunbed if you wanted a drink from the bar,as there was a waiter always walking past and you could order a drink from him. We travelled to Namma bay,and went to the 'hard rock cafe', it was a brilliant evening. would consider going back again.

Fantastic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Sunseeker3000

I have just returned from a fabulous week at the Baron Palms and wanted to support all the other reviews on this site as I found them so helpful when booking the holiday. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday so was apprehensive about what the hotel would be like but there was no need.

The hotel is not a 5 star, more of a 4 but this really does not matter if you bear in mind that this is Egypt and is still developing in many ways.

The rooms were lovely, a good size, bathroom clean and very nice and towels were replaced every day etc etc. Air con was excellent.

The hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed in and the staff are endlessly sweeping and polishing!

The food was not that great...although was ok and as long as you don't mind the school cateen feeling that inevitably goes with these things, it is more than adequate. Breakfast is great though and you can have fresh omelettes, pancakes or waffles cooked for you. We ate at the pool side a lot for lunch - toasted sandwiches/pizza/burgers are just the job. We also ate at the italian over at the Baron hotel which was good and not too expensive.

The private beach is gorgeous and there aren't words to describe the snorkelling...it really blew me away. You don't need to go diving if you don't want to. At low tide you get really close to the coral and the fantastic fish an a million different colours.

Pool is also wonderful and there are always loads of beds although the hotel was not that busy, I guess that this is because it is so hot at this time of year (45 degrees). No need to take beach towels - you get fresh ones at the beach/pool every day. We brought ours home clean.

Naama bay is an experience - we didn't spend much time there but did go to the Hard Rock cafe twice - great food, cheap and waiters are great - the night is great fun.

We did get ill but you do if you go to this sort of country. I don't blame the hotel food. Just take some immodium with you and drink heaps of water.

The tipping thing is no big deal. We took pound coins with us but we were happy to get our own pool beds etc so there is no necessity to tip if you don't want to.

The entertainment is all for Italians so if this is a big thing for you this is not the place to go. For us it was ideal - I hate that sort of thing so the fact that it was in Italian made it easier to ignore!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a relaxing beach holiday. No there are not fantastic places to eat or drink, there is no history nearby to go and see and you may well have a poorly tummy! But if you just want to relax, chill out, eat and drink in the sunshine at a great hotel with fantastic snorkelling then this really is the place to go. We loved it - I would go back tomorrow!!

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Scottish

First and foremost this is an honest review.
When you arrive at the airport, do not purchase a visa unless you plan on leaving Sharm El Sheikh on an excursion. That said, getting a visa after you've left the airport is not easy so maybe if this is your first visit than £14 for each visa might a worthwhile purchase.
What a superb hotel. On arrival, you instantly know that the hotel is one of quality. As they say, first impressions last and certainly from the grand entrance to the complex and the friendly staff leave you with a lasting impression that only gets better.
The reception is amazing, the marble floor, the cleanliness and immediate ambiance, as soon as you walk in. It will take your breath away.
We had requested a double room and we got exactly what we asked for. It was immaculate and roomy. The bathroom was superb and the bed stately and comfortable. The air conditioning was first-rate and could not be faulted. The rooms are serviced as frequently as you wish with again helpful staff. The reception gives you a call to ensure that you have settled in and if everything is to your satisfaction.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff there.
Whenever you request anything from room service, you even get a phone call after you've received the service to make sure that you are happy with everything. That touch of personal service is one which has sadly been forgotten in this country and just adds a little class to the establishment.
Most of the other guests at the time we visited the Hotel were predominately (unfortunately) Italian together with a mix of British and Russian. Can I say that I have NEVER met such a group of ill-mannered, discourteous and inconsiderate people as these Italians? They bellowed, screamed and hollered at one another constantly with no consideration for other holiday makers, they were rude and to my mind offensive to the staff that was totally unwarranted. The entertainment was focussed totally on the Italians and other Nationalities were ignored per se nonetheless the Brits and the Russians managed to make their own entertainment with the help of the staff in the bars.
I was informed by staff at the complex that it will not be available to the Italians from Sept 2006 – Hurrah!
Nevertheless back to the Hotel complex - The Pool area is clean and spotless.
The pool viewable from the ‘Veranda’ Terrace and the ‘Paradise’ Bar both are spotless and the again the staff make you feel special. We spent most of our time at the Beach area where again the staff cannot do enough for you to keep you happy. If you wanted particular sun beds just ask for it to be reserved for you in the morning and they'll happily oblige (for a small tip of course). Not just for the morning I might add but for the duration of your stay if you let them know. The Buffet Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners are vast with choice for everyone even the fussiest eater. The waffles divine, Pasta dishes on offer every evening cooked fresh, made to your own desire...
The Paradise Bar provided several options for lunch and if that didn't suit, then the Siesta Beach bar provided more options.
Finally security in and about the hotel complex which made us feel extremely safe, within the hotel, security is paramount. If we had this in the UK, everyone would be a lot happier with society. Nonetheless, GO NOW. This hotel and resort is only going to get better and with that prices will increase. Where else can you go for 365 days of sun at 40 degrees plus, not a cloud in the sun, be treated like Royalty - Egypt is where! in Sharm El Sheikh at the Baron Palms Resort. We've only been back a day and are booking for next year. Go and experience. You will not be disappointed.

Wonderful, Wondeful Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member rachelsbugmad

Well, where do I start!! We have just arrived back from a fortnight's holiday at the Baron Palms (13th to 27th July) and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Firstly, i have to say that the main reason we chose the Baron Palms was purely through recommendation of other guests that had stayed there and my lovely travel agent (Sharon Mollart at Travel Now) - we just had to see for ourselves how good it actually was.

Well, firstly I have to praise every single member of staff who made our stay at the hotel so fantastic. From the moment we arrived, the staff cannot do enough for you and are more than happy to help you at any time. Everything about the hotel was explained to us in great detail when we checked in and this was very useful. We never tipped anybody at the beginning of our holiday, which only goes to prove that you do not have to tip at all to receive the first class service which we both did.

Starting with the rooms first, these are quite small, however, these are perfectly adequate for what you need during your stay (excellent showers!). The rooms were cleaned to a high standard every day and the occasional "towel surprises" were left in our room, together with a sprinkling of fresh flowers on the bed linen which was a lovely touch. We looked forward to what we would find in our rooms every other day e.g. crocodiles, swans etc, etc - those who have been lucky enough to get these you will know what i mean! We were lucky enough to get a poolside view and this was excellent too, together with a very clean patio area and adequate seating area in terms of size - also a towel rail to hang out your towels and things to dry.

The pool and surrounding areas were faultless. These were cleaned to such a high standard and staff were sometimes still cleaning and tidying these areas at 8 and 9 pm - mainly due to children who stayed in the pool until very late into the evening. I have to thank Amr for looking after us for the entirety of our stay - he made sure that we had the same spot every single day around the pool and always made a point of coming to us throughout the day to make sure that we were having a good time and that everything was OK - he's such a wonderful young man, he just couldn't do enough for you. He also took back our towels at the end of the day on some occasions - he's just great!

The Paradise Pool Bar was very good. My only criticism here was that at 5 p.m. the tables were set for evening dining and this meant that if you wanted a drink by the poolside you had very limited seating available at the bar itself, however, this is just my personal opinion. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming, however, at times the bar was very busy during the day and sometimes it took a little while to get served - there seemed to be a lot of people behind the bar but not a lot of people serving - i don't know why that was!? However, throughout most of our stay we were lucky enough to have a sunlounger drinks service! I have to thank Abdullah specifically for his persistence here - he wanted to do his upmost to make your stay as nice as possible and this he did - all the guys were great.

The Tiran Restaurant. This restaurant was excellent! I cannot fault anything about the good or its service - fantastic! The food selection was very good indeed and its rotation every evening of a different theme was such a great idea. Our personal preferences were the Tex-Mex and Bar-b-Que nights , the food was spot on! Once again, without any tipping from the start the staff were more than willing to provide you with a first class service. For instance, whenever we walked into the restaurant, morning, lunchtime or evening, we were mostly looked after by Ibrahim. He always remembered what drinks we liked to have with our meals and provided us with a great service throughout the entirety of our stay. I understand that Ibrahim is to leave and this is a shame - at least we had the pleasure of meeting him - he's such a lovely man with a smile everytime. The head waiter (his name I forget - i think it was Mohammed) was absolutely fantastic and loved to trade little "games" with my other half i.e. games with cocktail sticks and matches - he was great! Hamdy is also a great young man to look out for and likes to show you little games too. Everyone in the Tiran restaurant were absolutely fantastic and for the extremely long hours that they work (and for such a small amount of money - as with everyone), they are all energetic, helpful, courteous and most of all, they always have a smile and a kind word to say to you.

Rendevouz Bar/Piano Bar/La Veranda (above Tiran). We spent most of our evenings in the Piano Bar. We were looked after a lovely young man called Mohammed for all of our stay and apart from being a lovely entertaining young man, he was one of the nicest we met during our stay. Quite frankly, without the great conversations and magic tricks he performed (its a secret of the desert so i can't tell you any more!), his lovely smile and constant attention ie. making sure we had drinks etc, we would have found it a bit boring! Again, not a criticism, but being a young couple its not a lively bar and the staff make it more pleasant. Also, Hamdy behind the bar is a lovely young chap too and very funny - all the staff in this bar were great, again, for the long hours that they work they always have a smile and something nice to to say to you.

I could go on and on and on...... our stay was excellent and the staff made sure we had a welcoming and pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

Rachel and Peter from Sheffield.

P.S Sorry for the delay, i've had to re-post for review for some reason!?

Baron Plams Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wednesdayunited

The Baron Plams Hotel is a very good hotel and the holiday experience there was good.
All of the staff - reception, waiters, pool attendants, cleaners were all very polite - the staff in the "Piano Bar" were exceptionally good.
The rooms, bars, restaurants, pool ect were all very clean, the pool was particulary clean, and was very refreshing from the very hot sun.
The hotel was very pleasant, no problems with the food the air conditioning was great everywhere, especially in the room, which was kept very clean and tidy by housekeeping.
The entertainment was centred mainly around Italians, this was due to their hotel not being completed and them transferring to the Baron with their Entertainment Troupe, we did have a discussion with the hotel management, and they agreed that this was an issue, and advised that they would improve the situation.
The hotel had a small shopping boulevard attached, which was ok, however if you are looking for a livley resort with lots of "other " bars/restaurants to go to, this is not the area for you.
If you want lazy days in the sun, plenty to eat and drink, with a few quite relaxing drinks in the evening, then this is the place.
There is quite a lot of developement happening, this may nmean that other bars etc will be available in the future.
We would go back to this hotel as it was very pleasant, and the staff were excellent, a week under the current situation is about right.
We did not suffer from any "stomache" problems, and I did not get bitten which is very unusal for me, although on both counts this may be due to the cleanliness of the hotel and gardens.
Thanks to the hotel and staff, really enjoyed our stay.

Camel riding across the desertCamel riding across the desert

St Catherine's MonasterySt Catherine's Monastery

kersanttikalakersanttikala

fresh seafoodfresh seafood

Baron Palms Resort

by victoriafortysix

We are going to the Baron Palms Resort on the 30th November this year and wondered if anyone had been and could tell us a little about the facilities at this hotel. Also the excursions that are on offer.

by Amrou

Hi it is a luxury hotel is a lot of entertainment in a place called Ras Nosrani...there is a lot to do in Sharm...lots of entertainments..but you have to take transportations to go the Naama Bay or the Old Souk where is a lot of restaurents, shopping centers and night life...
this site will show you some of the excursions ..where you can choose whatever you like and enjoy most..www.ambassadeurtours.com

You will have a great fun I am sure about that..

Amrou

by shootingscubasteve

Hi,
Yes it is a nice hotel and it only opened last year, it has a sister hotel next door called the Baron.(have stayed there 4 times)
It is a little bit out of the way but there is a bus that will take you in to Naama Bay in the evenings for free or at peak times they charge a nominal fee.
Best bit about it is that it is only a ten min transfer from the airport.
So relax and enjoy your holiday, as i know you will.

by Nannynoonoos

Hi Victoria , myself and my daughter will be staying at the Baron Palms this September , so will tell you all about it when we get back .. Have read heaps of reviews on it from trip advisor and they were all excellent bar one .. guess you will never please everyone!!

Building work Baron Palms Hotel

by container

Hi,

I have just booked and paid for a 7 night all inclusive holiday at the Baron Palms Hotel travelling next month. On the invoice I received today there is a note about a brochure errata that there may be be building work going on. Does anyone know if there is any building work going on, in or nearby this hotel? Needless to say if I had been aware of any work going on I would have booked an alternative hotel. When I made my booking over the telephone with the travel agent there was no mention of any building work. I would be grateful for any info.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Building work Baron Palms Hotel

by lesley-ann

stayed near baron palms last november large site behind your hotel looked ready for development however as it is right over the road and because of the layout of the hotel it will only affect people with rooms booked without pool view this is a beautiful hotel with pristine gardens etc if i were u i would email hotel confirm building works and request a room around the pool if this isnt what u have booked. hope it goes ok for u as i know u will have a wonderful time there.

Baron Palms Resort Sharm El Sheikh and Dream Beach El Quseir

by vanwinsberghe

Hello,

I was checking the internet for reviews of these new resorts in Sharm El Sheikh, but didn't find anything. I was hoping someone of you guys knew a bit more about the Baron Palms Resort. All info is welcome!
I'm also interested in info about the Dream Beach Hotel El Quseir in Marsa Alam, also a brand new hotel. Has anybody been there yet?

Greetz