Ras Nosrani, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 46619, Egypt

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• cool_dodi's Profile Photo

Best Place for relaxing

One of my best vocation me & my friend we enjoyed so much the hotel was very cool its on the beach the service was very good the stuff was very friendly with us but the problem in the position it's so far than naema gulf ( shopping places & restaurants) and its quite place good for family

Unique Quality: There is a huge pool front of hotel, the beach is clean and lovely you can play volleyball on the beach there is a music show and you can booking for boat trip or rally motorcycle we enjoy at much on that..

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

5 Star Accomodation

The Baron Hotel is located on the beach next to the airport of Sharm el Sheikh and over looking Tiran island. There is a shuttle bus between the hotel and Naama Bay which is about 20 minutes away.

As you step into the lobby of the Baron hotel you can not help being impressed by the flowers, light and marble. It is prisitine with a bar, concierge and reception.

The service is everything you would expect from a 5 star and not at all disappointing. Facilities include 2 swimming pools, landscaped gardens with fountains, 6 restaurants, private beach, tennis courts,beach volley ball, steam room and spa services and regular evening entertainment.

Unique Quality: We paid a litle extra to get a room with a view overlooking the pool. the sunsets were spectacular and the sea and beach were literally on our doorstep.

The room is bright and spacious but did not have a bath and only a showere which was a little disappointing, Our beds were generous singles which were changed every day and extra pillows were available.

The gym however was disappointing as the step machine and cycle were broken and the only other equipment was a rather old multi gym.

Directions: Faces the Straits of Tiran

More about Baron Resort

relaxing holiday at baron resort

We have just arrived home from a relaxing 2 wk holiday at Baron Resort holel in egypt. My husband and I and 2 daughters 14yrs and 23 yrs had a great relaxing holiday there. We were there from 19/6/06 till 3/7/06, the weather was extremely hot avereraging 38/40 degrees, night time only a few degrees cooler. The temperature can get up to as much as 55 degrees in August ! Luckilly the air conditioning in our room was excellent. The room itself was cleaned and tidied daily and the cleaner always had time for a quick chat to make sure everything was ok, he even folded clothes etc, it seemed strange that all the cleaners were men, but he explained that the women live and work in cairo mainly because they are unable to speak many languages, but the men were just as thorough at cleaning. The hotel was always spotless, workers seem to work all hours of the day and night.
food here was a little dissapointing, we have very simple english tastes so found it quite difficult to find something we liked. Breakfast was great, you could really fill up, from fresh fruit, breads, omletts, even waffles and pancakes, but lunch and dinner was very much a chore as we had to go down to Naemma Bay to find something we enjoyed. This also added quite a financial dissadvantage on our spending money as taxis although they were readily available, worked out expensive over a 2 wk period. The holiday brouchure did state complimentary shuttle bus, but this was NOT strictly true !! There was 1 complimentary bus per day but it went at 11am and came back at 1pm..the hottest part of the day when nobody would want to go, plus there were limited spaces available. Later on in the day there was a bus but you were charged at £2.50 english money per room per trip..therefor it would cost us £10 per night, by bus or £13.00 by hotel taxi...it would be my recommendation not to use blue and white taxis as they drive like lunatics..
The Animation team was very dissapointing, we felt quite unincluded, they did not come round the pool and ask u to join in..it seemed to us that if you were Italian then you were very included...on many occasions water polo would not be on if no Italians wanted to play. They didnt try to drum up people to join in they just seemed happy to not do.. most people didnt realise what shoul be happening when, also if Italy was playing in the world cup in the evening at 10pm then there would be NO entertainment.
All in all this is a great hotel, ideal is you want a very quiet hotel with not much going on in or around the hotel, the staff were lovely and could`nt do enough for us. We would go back to this hotel if it was only my husband and I, but apart fron the snorkelling and the trips theres not much for teenagers. All in All we had a great time.

Baron Resort has the right kind of beach.

by kurt_de about Baron Resort (5-star)

The Baron has great service, and the layout is good, too. I happen to have a great view. Where the hotel is located, you are on a beach where you can swim, there is coral and a multitude of fish off its pier. There’s also an island within view. I was in another hotel (Namibia Village), which was very nice (I think 4-star), but you could not swim in the sea, as the current is close to the beach and the waves actually run parallel to it. So, you might be in a nice hotel, but your swimming on the beach is limited or restricted—not so at the Baron.

The food is great, and like Turkey, it’s all you can eat, which includes many interesting dishes.

I was there during the Christmas holidays, and there was a New Year’s party under a huge tent on the beach with over hundred different dishes to chose from.

There are also nice shops adjacent to the hotel where you can buy many souvenirs, film for your camera, and medicine. The Internet shop is expensive, costing about $6/hour. You can rent a bike a ride on the road or on the sidewalk that runs between the hotels and beach area. If you travel further on (1/2 mile), you come along a secluded bay where it’s so beautiful and peaceful.

I really don't know what it cost per night, as my client paid for it. However, it's better to wait for a disount. Big pool, nice pool bar, great beach and swimming off shore. Nice restaurants, too. This is not an advertisement, but how I really feel.

Fish and Coral are Indescribable!

by kurt_de

You just got to take a yacht trip to swim and see the hundreds of different kinds of fish, and the scores of different coral--this is why people come here. Hotels will provide with the info for the cruise.

If you are lucky, you can get a hotel that has good coral off its shore. One place that has that is the 5-star Baron Resort. The Ritz Carlton, though nicer and pricer doesn't have the under sea view as th Baron.

first class Baron!

by TripAdvisor Member honeymac

Just back from a luxurious two weeks at the Baron resort. Had a fantastic time, very relaxing. The hotel is immaculate and the staff are by far the nicest we have come across anywhere on holiday. This for us was what made the Baron so special. Everyone from the front of house staff, waiters and housekeeping staff to the garderners would not pass without a cheerfull smile, wave or a friendly hello. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I think this comes from the manager and filters down, he seems to be everywhere and speaks to all the guests regularly asking them if everything is OK. Its a nice touch and makes you feel like an individual. The Baron is luxurious without being pretentious in any way. We felt very pampered and very well looked after throughout out stay.
The pool and beach areas are immaculate and very spacious with fresh towels provided daily. No problem getting a sun lounger even when the hotel was full. Never felt crowded. Another nice touch was that some days staff would come round with ice cold rose sented towels. The reef on the hotels private beach was fantastic with an amazing range of corals and colurful fish.
There were a number of on site resturaunts which were all good and the pool bar food is excellent. Normally on holiday we tend to explore and venture futher afield to eat out but this time we tended to stay more at the Baron as the quality and service far exeeded anywhere we tried in Neamma Bay. Breakfast was always very good with a good choice of fare. We were never bored and always looked forward to our morning `feast`.
While we were on holiday we took the day trip to Cairo by plane, which we organised in Neamma bay rather than with the tour rep. Much cheaper and we had a private guide rather than being herded with a bus full of another 50 people. This cost around £130 in total and was very good value. Fantastic day which we will never forget.
All in all I could not fault the Baron, its one of those holels that makes you feel special. You walk through the doors and go aaahhhh. Would definately go back and highly recommend.

Absolutely Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member rie3010

We visited Egypt for the first Time at the beginning of june this year 2006, and loved it. We stayed at The Baron Resort Hotel and all i can say is it was Absolutely Fabulous!
The staff were all so friendley and polite and always had something to say even if it was just a hello.
The rooms were well air conditioned and spotless and clean as was the rest of the hotel and resort they were meticulous to detail where cleaning was concerned and nothing was to much trouble.
There was a on site dive centre which my husband tried and loved this was the first time he had ever done scuba diving and fell in love with the underwater views and now cant wait till we can return again he said anyone who has never done diving really should give it ago.
We travelled with our friend who were also first time visitors and also said they would most definatley return to both egypt and The Baron Restort.

Concode El Salam Hotel Cairo

by Muya

Probably the most luxuous one I’ll ever stay at !! The somptuous entrance hall with its elegant spiral-shaped staircase made a stong impression on me. Or maybe was it the man playing the piano that enchanted me so much? He created a very nice atmosphere !

Our room was very spacious with view on the noisy Cairo/Héliopolis, one of the newest districts of Cairo, build by Baron Empain.

Optimal service up to the pool...there was always a staff member, jumping from nowhere, to help you move your pool chair more in the sun or more in the shade :-) Quite impressive ! The same story goes for toilet paper in the men’s bathrooms I heard, but that’s another story... :-)

what an experience

by TripAdvisor Member one_united

We arrived back on 12/6/06. We had booked in to the Baron Palms but were given an upgrade to The Baron Resort. We were suspect to say the least but were given assurance by the manager that they would do anything they could to make our stay a wonderful experience. And that is just what it was.
We have been to Sharm three times and Taba once so we are familiar with the area and standards, and are well travelled.
I could write an esay about this hotel but will keep it short and to the point.
Service is first class, rooms are spacious and spotless, food was excellent all the time and the staff are second to none with the general manager paying regular visits to see how everyone is getting on. There is always someone doing maintainance work to keep it looking as new and the location is perfect for the reef, beach and airport wich is ten minutes away, but don't worry you will not hear any aircraft noise.
It was windy all the time we were there buy it was needed as the temperature reached 110 degrees most days ( i usually go in November, March or May when it reaches 90-95.
Don't worry about security it has been stepped up and seems to be working fine.
Please tip the staff as it will be greatly appreciated as the wages are poor for long working hours, 6am till midnight. I tipped every day, and every meal, it doesn't have to be much, but suggest about £1.00. They will readilly accept there own currency or american dollars (one dollar bills are really usefull) but please not £1.00 coins as there banks do not accept them.
Go and enjoy, you won't be dissapointed.

The Baron Hotel - an overly long review?

We have recently returned from a 1-week trip to the Baron Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh to shake off the winter blues, booked through Thomson.

The weather during our stay was perfect. On only one day was it slightly windy (nothing by UK standards) with reduced visibility out to sea. Temperatures were always in the high 20s/low 30s in the second week of March.

Upon arrival at the airport you immediately get hassled by people trying to take your bags and load them onto the coach in return for a tip. These people are not connected with Thomson or the hotel but they still allow them to stand next to the coach and load everyone's bags on. My advice is to ignore these people and load your bag into the coach yourself.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were immediately impressed by the standard of presentation. You enter into a grand marble reception with an arrangement of fresh flowers. We were given a glass of a local drink, I can't remember its name, but it was good. Once we'd filled in a form we were put into a lift and told where our room was. I did expect to be shown the room by a member of staff but it wasn't a big deal.

The rooms themselves are very large, clean and well furnished. I have never slept in such high quality accomodation before, but then I've never stayed at a 5-star hotel before. I would definitely recommend getting a sea view room. The view from the opposite side of the hotel is rather ugly and isolated and I expect this would really spoil your holiday.

Most of the other guests were a mix of British, Russian and Italian. There were some young couples so they were in a world of their own and the rest were mostly old people and foreigners. Not really the best place for socialising or for single people at least in the off-peak season. You'll be lucky to get a word out of anyone.

The hotel is located on the far end of the resort area, so there is a 30-minute trip to get into town. Once you get outside of the hotel, the resort of Sharm El Sheikh is not the most attractive place you're ever likely to visit. It resembles more of a building site than a luxury holiday resort. In too many cases it appeared that development has begun on a large complex of buildings and then abandoned. What has been completed is not always to such a high standard as the hotel we stayed at. You can really tell that there has been very little overall control over the planning of the development of this area. Maybe in 10 or 20 years they'll get there.

Security is everywhere. All the hotels have barriers and security guards to stop undesirables, and there are checkpoints on many of the roads. There are also policement walking around the towns. These are the 'tourist police' so they're probably just or show, but it does show the Egyptian government is taking the security of its guests seriously.

Back to the hotel. The included breakfast buffet was very good, with a large selection of food on offer, and even a chef waiting to cook you an ommelette right in front of you. The only problem with breakfast was it ended at 10am, which is too early in my view when you're on holiday (that's 8am when you're still on UK time).

At lunch time you can order sandwiches, burgers, steaks etc. (the whole room service menu) and they'll bring it to you at the pool or on the beech.

Speaking of the beach and pool, both were perfect. There was no shortage of sun loungers at any point during our stay (although it was off-peak season). You could literally walk onto the beach and take the first loungers you see. All loungers have their own sun shade. Towels are supplied by the staff on request, usually you have to go and request them by the pool but a lot of the time they'll come to you within seconds of you turning up.

I would have liked it even better if there were more staff around to order drinks from rather than going to the bar each time.

When you walk into the sea you'll see small fish swimming around you in the perfectly clear water. The water is perfectly calm with no waves at all unless it's a very windy day. You can't swim directly from the beach due to the coral reef, however - you have to walk along a jetty to get to the deeper water. This is also a good place for snorkelling with a wide variety of colourful sea life to observe.

Most of the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Even the cleaners all said hello as you walked by and all we spoke to spoke perfect English. Only a couple of them at the restaurant didn't speak English but they found someone who did.

There is a 'street' of shops next to the hotel building but within the complex although we didn't spend much time here. There's a pharmacy and a supermarket where you can buy water, soft drinks and snacks for reasonable prices. There's also the usual souvenier shops and a hairdressers. The shopkeepers here are quite pushy which does spoil the enjoyment of the hotel somewhat. You expect this kind of harassment in the town but not at the hotel as well. Because of this we didn't venture down there unless we actually needed something.

The hotel provides a laundry service for a reasonable price which I found useful. My clothes came back all wrapped up and well presented like new.

We gave the room service a good tip on the first day and some days I forgot. It did not seem to make a difference to the level of service we received. None of our property was stolen either and we did leave some very valuable stuff lying around. There is an electronic safe for smaller items and a mini bar fridge which is well stocked although quite expensive as you'd expect (a can of soft drink was £1.50, but sometimes I couldn't be bothered to walk to the supermarket). I stuck a load of stuff of my own in the fridge.

Naama Bay is the main town and has a huge selection of restaurants, many located right on the beech. Simply walk up to a menu and someone will come and explain all of the dishes to you without being pushy like the other shopkeepers. The restaurants located a few metres back from the beech offer the same menu but about 40% cheaper! If you're looking for a good steak or seafood, this is the place to go. There's also a lot of night life and bars here. The only problem is it's a 30-minute trip each way.

Naama Bay also has a large amount of shops, although about 30% of these are tourist tat shops, 30% are jewellery shops and 30% are restaurants. There really isn't much more to the place during the day time. The place is only worth visiting once during the day. There are some quite pushy shopkeepers. They come up to you trying to strike up a conversation before inviting you into their shop. This would be fine if they went about it politely. Many of them operate to a script as follows: "May I ask you a question?" which you might fall for out of politeness the first couple of times. When you start ignoring this they roll out: "Why are you angry with me?/Why are you so serious?" Just ignore them unless you actually want to buy something as it really is a waste of time talking to them and trying to say you're not interested and it can get quite annoying until you realise it's a script. That said even when we said no to people like taxi drivers they still said "OK, enjoy your stay" so they were very polite and it shows they aren't just interested leeching your money individually, they value the tourism industry as a whole and can see the bigger picture. I also flashed my wallet and mobile phone a few times and there was no feeling that this was an unsafe thing to do.

As well as Naama Bay there is the "old town" of Sharm El Sheikh, although from speaking to local people we were told that this was a mafia-controlled area and not particularly safe for tourists. There's also the fact that in July 2005 a bomb exploded at one of the restaurants here. The tourist coaches do not go through the town if they can help it, instead opting for the longer route around the town. The Thomson rep of course did not mention any of this, just the lower prices. We did not go there although it was more to do with the 1 hour trip each way rather than any nervousness.

My main concern with this hotel was the options for evening dining. At the time of our stay if you wanted to eat in the main restaurant evening buffet and had not gone full-board it was an eye-watering £17.00 per head, plus drinks. We only did this once as the food on offer was not really to our taste. While what as on offer was always of good quality and varied, it just seemed very generic and uninspiring.

There are four other restaurants on site. We tried the Indian restaurant on the first night which was very nice, cooked in an open-air kitchen right on the beech. But the menu is nothing like the British Indian restaurants we're used to, so you might struggle to find something you like (there was only one type of chicken curry for example). Their main focus seemed to be on the sizzling lamb and chicken dishes. The food they did serve was of very good quality, just very different to what we expected. Prices here were more reasonable, just slightly less than you'd pay in the UK.

The Italian restaurant had a very limited menu, a large proportion of which was vegetarian dishes. They didn't even offer a meatballs dish. The seafood restaurant was charging a very high amount for shellfish. So we didn't bother with these. We didn't check out the Egyptian restaurant.

So for eating you're pretty much left with room service and going out to Naama Bay. The room service menu was very good with a good variety of great tasting dishes at reasonable prices. It was nice to eat on the balcony overlooking the sea in the evenings.

With the excursions all requiring a 7am or earlier wake-up we didn't get the chance to go out to Naama Bay in the evening so the evening meals were a bit of a problem for us.

3 days into my stay I got some severe food poisoning. I suspect this came from the main restaurant buffet on the one occassion I paid the £17 to eat there. This is a common problem for foreign tourists in Egypt. It was an intestinal bacteria infection which makes you feel awful for a couple of days - not good. I would definitely recommend going to the pharmacy at the beginning of your stay to obtain the intestinal antisepctic medicine known as Anitnal (Nifuroxazide). I haven't seen this on sale in the UK, but having it on hand if/when the time comes will save you a lot of recovery time. I would also note that my partner did not catch this and she ate in the same places I did.

Although this is not directly related to the hotel, I want to say that Thomson's (the tour operator we booked through) service was not very good. When I told them I had food poisoning they refused to re-schedule a local boat trip excursion. They also lied to us and said the coach was already on its way to pick us up - in fact we later found out it was already cancelled anyway due to windy and fog. I feel that Thomson should have acted more compassionately in this situation as it would have cost us £80 if we had to abandon the excursion.

The excursions we took were conducted by a local company called TravCo and re-sold by Thomson. You may be tempted to book them with a local company but in this case you might end up sharing the trip with foreigners and there'd be less comeback if you had a complaint, so we jsut booked them through Thomson.

All of the excursions were well organised with friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff. We went on the quad-biking excursion first which included a stop for a lunctime barbecue meal. There is a lagoon there which you're supposed to swim in but it's full of rubbish and dead fish so not many did. Also when on the bikes you were expected to stay in single file at a pretty slow speed, so it's not exactly like you could go mad leaping over sand dunes (there weren't any sand dunes, it was all flat). The trip was otherwise very enjoyable.

Then we took the day trip to Cairo by air which cost £70 more than by coach, but it meant avoiding a 9-hour coach trip each way. First stop was the Mohammad Ali mosque (under renovation), followed by the great pyramids and the Sphynx. You could go into two of the pyramids if you chose to, but there were far too many people trying to squeeze in there. In the past there have been terrorist incidents here but there were loads of armed 'tourist police' around so you felt quite secure. One of the policemen took our photos in front of the pyramids before asking for a tip! There were a few local kids harassing walking up to you and harassing you but otherwise there were no problems here and some good photos could be taken. Then you drove down to the Spynx on the coach which is located just about 200 metres from the edge of the city if Giza. The Spynx itself is looking directly at the local KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants. That development has been allowed to reach so close to the pyramids and Sphynx is a real shame in my view.

After the Spynx they took us to some stupid plant paper place which was just an excuse to sell us paintings. This was not mentioned on the sales sheet for the excursion. After that we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a buffet lunch. The only problem here was getting drinks due to very few waiters which was surprising.

Finally we went to the Cairo museum and our guide showed us some of the key exhibits. By this time we were so knackered we didn't spend as much time as we'd like. The place was huge. So we just sat down with a drink. Then it was back to the airport.

Throughout the trip we were treated to an amusing and informative commentary on the rat race of Cairo where everybody ignores the rules of the road, as well as the various sights. Typical comments included "This is where the President was assassinated". Cairo itself is a huge city with rich and poor living on top of each other at quite opposite extremes, as such there was quite a lot which might come as a shock to westerners. We even saw a dead horse stuck under a bridge in one of the canals.

Cairo really is a must-see. The excursion costs a fair bit but it's worth it.

Another tip I have for you: don't buy Egyptian currency at home. Wait until youg et to the hotel as the on-site bank offers an excellent exchange rate, just about 2% off the base rate, which comapres well to the 10-20% offered at home. The only problem was they wouldn't buy it back, saying only the airport bank would do this. Problem was, there was no bank at the airport!

Speaking of the airport, the duty free on the return trip is to be avoided. The prices are extortionate and they run a little scam by pricing everything in US Dollars, then giving you a very poor exchange rate to UK/Egyptian Pounds. The prices to begin with are pretty high in US Dollars. I paid £1.50 for a can of 7-Up at the airport. Buy what you need before you get there.

Overall we enjoyed this trip to Egypt and may well return. The Baron Hotel was a good choice and did not disappoint us. Although it may appear from my comments above that I did not enjoy myself, I am just focusing on the negatives to give you a heads-up as you do have to be more careful here than most other places. I would recommend the place if you're looking for something a little different.

Lobby of the Baron ResortLobby of the Baron Resort

baron resort

by 9sammi

myself,husband and 2 children are going to the baron resort (august) can anyone tell me anything about the hotel and the nightlife. Also we are catholics and would like to know if it is possible to attend mass whilst in sharm. Thanks

Re: baron resort

by piggler

Hi, I am going to sharm for the 1st time next week, so have not actually been to the Baron Resort, however I found a review about the hotel @ - www.holidays-exposed.com Click on travel guide and type in sharm in the destination section and your hotel is the 2nd or 3rd one down. Another4 thing to do is go on to google and just type
Baron Sharm Reviews and a couple of hundred results come back. Hope that helps and have a lovely time. :0)

Re: Re: baron resort

by 9sammi

thank you for your tip, and you have a lovely time too.

Comments