Cleopatra Tsokkos Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 30% more and rated 27% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Cleopatra Tsokkos Hotel

Run down 2* Hotel

This hotel was abosultey disgusting. We arrived at 21:30 Christmas Day to a buffet that was inedible and it got worse from there. The food was constantly surrounded by flies and insects and reheated time after time. I even found dead flies in my food and was told it was chicken!! Cold showers and for two days no water to flush toilets. The security of the rooms was vertually non existant as the catches on the doors were worn out. The furniture belonged on a tip it was that old. The all inclusive drinks was either warm or out of stock, no diabetic drinks available. My Husband was in bed for two days with food poisoning.We have never been on holiday before were the topic of conversation was who was ill next. Most of the pool furniture was broken. New Years Eve was an absolute disaster (for more info contact me). Sharm is a brilliant place and friendly people but our advice is to avoid this hotel at all costs. This is not a 4* Hotel - struggling to make a 2* - Never Again

You get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member Danonthebeach

Prior to booking this holiday I did a lot of research to find a 'deal'. After working out that it would cost me more to buy a 'flight only' than it would for a complete B&B package for a week only £204pp, I couldn't refuse.

I must admit that I would have been gutted to have spent much more than I did. The staff were shocking and certainly not organised at all. The pool looked like you could catch something from it, if you went too close - Both of these I was aware of from reviews beforehand.

On the plus side the rooms - although basic - were clean and were cleaned daily and towels replaced. I felt fairly safe in the room, despite one night a cleaner walking in whilst the lock and fastener were on the door!

The food was awful, luckily I had got away with booking B&B and with Na'ama Bay being only a 5-10min drive away we were able to eat out daily for a pretty reasonable price. Toast was as good as it got for breakfast and we ate by the pool restaurant one evening but was more out of convenience than choice.

Thankfully the hotel was only a few mins walk from the beach - cost a couple of quid for the day, the weather was touching 30degrees everyday. A week in November was ideal, but I wouldn't have lasted two weeks without getting far too bored. There is not a lot - in fact nothing - within walking distance of the hotel. Therefore leaving you with the option of spending all day and night in the hotel, or heading of into Na'ama Bay every evening.

The animation team in the hotel deserve credit for trying their best, without doubt, bingo had to be the highlight of the week, closely followed by karaoke. However, some people did complain that it went on a bit late.

Na'ama Bay was very hassly, as places are obviously desperate for the business, however, the people are so friendly and particularly towards the British tourists. Places to visit include the Hard Rock Cafe, the Mexican (next to the Na'ama Bay Hotel), Le Fleuri Restaurant (Jolie Ville Moevenpick & Casino) - a little more expensive but great food. It was nice to visit a resort which hadn't been too colonised by the Brits and the only "pub-like" hang-out worth noting was the Camel Bar - we spent a lot of time there and the place has a great ambience on the roof terrace as well as showing the footy downstairs.

All in all, far far far from luxury, certainly nowhere near a 4* as the Tsokkos business cards try to claim, more like a 2*. But if you pay £200 for guaranteed sunshine and the oppotunity to mix with some of the most friendly people around its unfair to complain. If I was to go back I'd try to push the budget further to stay in a proper 4*/5* and certainly for no longer than 7 nights.

Nice hotel

Despite all the reviews on this hotel that i had seen saying it was bad we booked B&B to be on the safeside.. When we arrived the staff were very helpfull!

We went into The Old market on mon 23rd Jan 2006 when we arrived. We were shocked at the shops over there! the shops are a no go on the whole as you CAN NOT browse! they just go on and on and on and on! (The worste bit of the holliday!) we went to the Thai restraunt which was nice :)

The next day we decided to have a look around the hotel and so on and it is the same as the rest of Egypt.. ALL under construction! we had a nice view of the pool so wasn't as bad as others..

The only problems we came across that the hotel could change was on the wednesday ALL the water stopped! got told it would be 10mins.. 1 hour later we got told it would be 10mins! which it was except.. no HOT water! so my girlfriend and I had to have cold showers the rest of the holliday!!!! despite us telling them it still was not sorted! Oh and outside on the odd days it absolutly stinks!!! but thats only in 1 little place :) (Not my toilet or even on the hotel premises)

The Taxi's outside are the best! most of them actualy have seatbelts to start with! and they now have set fairs which are cheaper than any of the other taxi's. BEWARE of the blue and white taxi's as they will rip you off left right and centre! look at the hotels taxi fair list and then when getting a blue and white taxi, dont go any higher than £5 (egyption pounds) more than the hotel taxi's charge! and make sure that you have the correct amount of change else they will rip you off there too! If one doesnt agree on a price before you enter a taxi then walk away many others will do you one for a set price! Never go in one without agreeing a price!

We only went on 1 excertion from the hotel that was done through Thomson which was the Quad biking.. This was a great trip/experience, it cost £25 (GBP) and we left the hotel at 3:15 and then we got a little training on the bike (going round in circle, stopping and so on..) the actual trip lasted around 2 and a half hours driving the quads through the desert, this was great and well worth the money.. Especially seeing the Camel that drank pepsi :D (Got a vid that i might add of it)

Not at home to add any pics but i will try and get around to it.

dont pre-judge

please do not judge this hotel by other peoples reviews.The staff are brilliant,especially the bar staff,the hotel is a little older than some in sharm,but what in lacks in finesse is made up three fold with its personality,and family atmosphere.we will definately return.

Had such a good time going back in April!

After reading some of the mixed reviews on this hotel I told my diver husband who has been to
Sharm and stayed in 5 star hotels not to expect a lot. What a mistake to make! The staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.Sheila and Ashraf must especially be mentioned.Food was good but not an extensive choice. Ok entertainment at night could be better but we made so many friends during our stay that we had a great time. Pool was cold but hey what a great way to get rid of New Years Eves hangover! Mr Mokhtars Beauty Salon and masseurs excellent too!

Cleopatra must have built it

by TripAdvisor Member robNorfolk

The travel agent told me it was 4.5 star and was a really nice hotel....it must be something to do with what peoples expectations are. If you like a run down hotel that has seen better days with the bedroom furniture chipped and broken, a bathroom which I would not use because of the chips and cracks in the sanitary ware and the Dougie and Jeanette (with thanks to Shirley Valentine) mentality of some of the guests then this is for you.The hotel is on the wrong side of the dual carriageway and has no views of the sea.
On arrival at 9.30 pm there was no food available and on seeing the room allocated and checking the hotel facilities I visited another hotel nearby (Dreams Beach Resort) and paid for a week there as I was not prepared to put up with the Cleopatra Hotel.
The Cleopatra hotel is very sub standard and I would never recommend that anyone books there regardless of the price quoted as there are far better hotels available for similar money

hotel was fine

by TripAdvisor Member Shaun97

having read reports of the hotel after i had booked it i was a bit worried about it but i need'nt have been, food was ok, normaly a choice of 3 main dishes for dinner and always some on hand in the morning to cook you fresh fried eggs or ommelete for breakfast, cant be to bad to start the day with egg chips toms and mushrooms for briekies and you can have as much as you like, it was nice to sit on the restaurant balcony in the morning. the pool was fine but the entertainment was a bit cheesy. outside the hotel i'm afraid sharm does its self no favours, it will drive you nuts to try and have a walk without the taxi's stopping to pick you up and old sharm and neema bay are immpossible to walk round in peace without someone trying to sell you something, its like timeshare salesmen crossed with beggers, be warned that women on thier own and parents with teenage daughters will be pesterd when out and about. the plus side is the weather, i went middle of feb 2006 and it was glorious. there is more to tell so drop me an e-mail for more info, title it "sharm holiday" so you dont end up in the junk mail bin. confusedsj@southrd.freeserve.co.uk
p.s. for the 1000th time, i do not want a F****** taxi

you get what you pay??????

i want to tel that some people or lyers.
there are people who wants to pay almost nothing and they want to stay in a 7 star hotel
this hotel is a very good hotel whit very nice staff
very friendly, here you are not a number here you are a person. the food is good and every night there is a show or somthing else to do
the pool is CLEAN not DIRTY and the rooms or clean the furniture is not nieuw but you dont sit a whole day in your room he??? some people who write somthing down here they dont now what they say i think they always complaine to get ther money back
if you go to cleopatra dont be afraid its a very good hotel. dont listen to what people write. you get what you pay for.

"Don't know what people complain about"

by TripAdvisor Member Stella98

Myself and my fiance have just returned back to the UK from a weeks stay in the Cleopatra on a B&B basis. I must say after I booked it then read quite a few bad reviews I was quite worried but that soon changed when we arrived on 16th February 2006. The hotel it's self was lovely, clean and nicely presented. The pool was really clean and plenty of people swimming in it without a complaint.
We ate at the hotel's restaurant 3 times in the week and every time the food was lovely. They move between the open air restaurant, the indoor disco/bar restaurant and the indoor brasserie which has a terrace for a bit of variety.
We had actually booked there to attend a diving holiday at Namma Bay. Breakfast was served at 7:30am the time we were due to be picked up each day, however the hotel made us up packed lucnhes everyday we needed so we never went without.....to me I thought this was a nice touch, they didn't have to!
The hotel staff were so polite and friendly, they would do anything to help.
Overall it's not a 5* posh hotel but it doesn't say that it is either. It's got everything you need. Were planning to go back to Sharm in September again and we'll definately stay at the Cleopatra!!

I'd say, don't believe the bad reviews you read, there's people out there who like a a good moan and will pick on anywhere they go!

If you've booked here I'm sure you'll have as good a time as we did!

Bye!!

P.S - and I'd reccommend diving in the Red Sea, it's a brilliant experience.

Please Be Realistic!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member alliebdive

My teenage daughters and I stayed here for a week over February half term, when we were on a diving holiday in Sharm. I have visited Sharm el Sheikh often over the last 20 years so I know it very well.

I booked this hotel because with airfare it was £176 each b&b and that was cheaper than any flight only price I could find (£250). Reading other reviews I was dreading what I would find and decided that if it were that bad we would check out and find somewhere else, but that in any case it would still be a good deal.

In fact, we thought the hotel was absolutely fine and actually fantastic value for money - but you must be realistic in what you expect. We've stayed in many Sharm hotels - the Renaissance, the Hiltons, the Hyatts. These are all 4 star plus - BUT YOU PAY A LOT MORE FOR THEM!!! We paid £176 each for flights, transfers, room and breakfast. The same deal in one of the other hotels would be more like £450 each! So, don't expect luxury at this price. It's completely unfair to compare them because they are not the same product. It's like paying for a Travel Inn but expecting the quality and service of The Dorchester!

Our room had three single beds in it and was on the small side but perfectly adequate especially as we really only slept there - it's not like you are spending a lot of time in the room. Don't book this place for a romantic holiday or a honeymoon - it isn't like that!!!

I checked the mattresses and they were spotless. The sheets were clean and fresh if a bit on the thin side - but not holey or anything. The decor is a bit tired, the furniture could do with an update but so what. The bathroom was fine - small with a small but very deep bath. The shower was super and lots and lots of hot water.

There was a fridge which was great for storing water etc and the air conditioning worked well. We had a small balcony.

Our room number was 261. I can honestly say that we weren't disturbed by noise on any occasion - it was quiet. Some people who had rooms in the 160s were over the disco and they complained about the noise and asked to be moved.

The pool was clean - they cleaned it every day - but cold. This is like all pools in Egypt. Very few are heated.

Breakfast was an excellent buffet with a good choice of hot and cold dishes - there was also an omelette chef. I watched very carefully (the last thing you want on a diving holiday is a dicky tummy) and hygiene was excellent and they didn't leave dishes uncovered.

We had the dinner buffet around the pool one night and lunch on our last day and these too were excellent - all covered and good quality. There were two carveries for dinner - beef and turkey plus all the other dishes.

Many people had the all inclusive option which seemed superb value but we like to eat out, so we didn't.

I would like to highlight the great attitude of the staff - they couldn't do enough for you, providing you were polite. I saw one occasion where a guest was just downright belligerent and rude over what was clearly a genuine mistake with a bill. It doesn't help! Egyptian staff generally really want to serve you well but you have to be a little patient - they don't always have the training! But the desire is there. For instance, our room cleaner not only cleaned the room, but went to great trouble arranging the towels and bedspreads into fantastic shapes - swans, flowers, hearts. He sprinkled rose petals and flowers on the towels too - it was lovely!

I must highlight the Customer Relations lady - Inge I think she was called - she was fantastic. She walked around the pool every day talking to all the guests, checking if everything was ok - and crucially, sorting it if it wasn't. Nothing was too much trouble for her.
We also booked massages with her and the other masseur and they were superb. I had a coconut rub which went on for 2 hours (£30) and my daughter had an aromatherapy massage, again 2 hours (£35). Absolutely gorgeous.
The hotel isn't on the beach - this is made clear in the brochures. It does have a private beach club which it shuttles you to. Frankly, all the beaches around Sharm are man made and very small so it isn't exactly a great loss and the hotels that are on this particular piece of coast have to be built down a hillside which means loads of steps to climb to get anywhere - there are some advantages to being back from that!!!

Sharm el Sheikh is a really nice resort which in my opinion the Egyptians have developed well. You do get some lighthearted hassle from shopkeepers, particularly in Naama Bay, which is the resort area of Sharm. But this is nothing compared to the sort of agressive hassle you get in places like Morocco or Tunisia. A simple "no", or "not interested" will see them off. A mistake many people make is that they start a discussion with a trader when they are not really interested. If you start to discuss price with an Egyptian shopkeeper, they will assume you are serious and the bargaining process will start. So, if you aren't seriously intersted, don't even go there!!
I have read comments regarding the treatment of foreign women and I would beg to differ. I was on holiday with my two very attractive blonde teenage daughters (husband working) and we felt very safe at all times, as indeed we were. It is noticeable that in taxis, the driver will not even talk to you because they deem it improper. If you had a man in the cab, they would talk to him. You will get some lighthearted comments in some shops about "how many camels" etc - it is meant as a joke, because English people have joked to them in the past about it.

I would also comment that we as tourists have a responsibility in this matter. I noticed quite a few Brits sunbathing topless around the pool and also some European women, clearly the worse for drink around town. This sort of behaviour is absolutely offensive to Egyptians. You will not see their women dressed immodestly and neither men or women drink alcohol. When they see us behaving like this, it gives a bad impression and confuses them. So, if you don't want Egyptian men to look at you, don't sunbathe topless and don't get drunk and chat them up in town!!! Most hotel and restaurant workers come from villages around Cairo or the desert where their life is pretty unsophisticated. It is unfair to parade around in front of them in skimpy clothes and then not expect them to look - they will never have seen anything like that before. Having said all that, we have never - in 20 years - had any unpleasant experiences of this nature. In fact much less hassle nowadays than my daughters experience on a Saturday night out in Leeds.

So, would we stay here again? If we were coming back for a diving holiday - absolutely yes. We were out all day most days, and found the hotel facilities more than adequate. We spent two days lounging around the pool too and that was great. If I were coming with my husband as well for a more traditional resort week, then I would probably choose to go back to one of the more upmarket resort hotels - if I could afford it, because the rooms would be more spacious etc.
I do think that this hotel provides fantastic value for money. You could come here for quite a long stay, take the All Inclusive and still eat out on a lot of nights and have a really cheap holiday in the sun. You could book a lot of massages, beauty treatments, excursions etc etc for what you would save in paying for a luxury room.

going to cleopatra tsokkos in a week!

by whitesea53

hi, my daughter and her boyfriend are booked to go to the hotel cleopatra tsokkos b&b on the 18th july, does any1 have any info or reviews on the hotel?whether u have to pay for sun loungers? what the breakfast is like? rooms? etc also what is the area like around it? is there a beach near? if not how much should they pay for taxis to beach, shops etc? basically any tips welcome, they're clueless! thanks

RE: going to cleopatra tsokkos in a week!

by JenElkins

I have just returned from an amazing holiday and thought id let people know a few handy tips and general info on Sharm.

I am 20 and went with my mum and we had a brilliant time! We stayed for a week in hotel Cleopatra (half board). The weather was very hot but with a wind and we didn’t see one cloud all week – heaven! If you don’t like it hot though – July is not the time to go. One day it reached 46 C. Personally we loved it and if your careful with high factor sun cream and don’t overdo it you will be fine and get a brill tan.

The hotel Cleopatra is one of the older hotels but is kept really clean and the staff are excellent. The animation team Sam, Oscar and Ahmed run activities through the whole day and you will be singing and dancing the hotel song before you know it. They are all quite cute too!
The hotel food is lovely with a different theme every night. One thing that could have been improved was the desserts as they weren’t particularly nice (small pastries, funny cakes etc) and often the same..
Another annoying thing is the waiters – they are so keen to take your plate away from you. As soon as you are eating your last mouthful your plate has disappeared even if the person you’re with is still eating. I think they are just too efficient, only a niggle and didn’t affect holiday at all. They are really polite though and you cant fault them for that.

We were in the Ras um Sid area which is about 10 mins drive to Namma Bay and 5 to Old Sharm. Fantasia is amazing and is literally a 10 mins walk away. It’s a street which has shops, bars and restaurants all down one road and is very pretty.

I swam in the Reef beach mainly which is clear and I saw loadsa fish and even a small manta ray! It costs 10 le which is £1.

You will need to bring Egyptian pounds with you and try and get small change – its impossible to get any when your there as they simply don’t have it.

Getting a taxi in Sharm is the easiest thing in the world – walking from our hotel to Fantasia we got stopped 10 times – it becomes quite annoying but you just have to say no.

We did the stars and dinner trip into the desert. It is well worth it as you get to see how the Bedouin people live. It’s a completely diff way of life and very interesting. We also did a glass bottom boat in Namma Bay plus loads more.

I could go on forever so just ask and ill answer any questions I can!

Have a fab time

Jen
Xx

Hotel Email for Cleopatra

by JenElkins

Just copying the question before -

does anyone know the email add. for Cleopatra Tsokkos hotel?

Thanks

Jen

RE: Hotel Email for Cleopatra

by intertraveler

Hi.
Tsokkos Cleopatra is a Cyprus based company.I have a look at www.tsokkos.com.
I tried there web site for www.tsokkoscleopatra.com and It could not be found but try www.tsokkos.com to find a link or email them direct it also gives phone numbers.I have stayed in Cyprus at the Anastasia hotel in Protaras which was of a good quality hotel.
Tsokkos is the family name of the owner.
I hope this helps you Michael

Need advice on hotel!

by Gryningsljus

Hi!
Can anyone recommend a good, clean budget hotel?
Is there anyone who has stayed at Cleopatra Tsokkos Hotel, the Bay View Hotel or Halomy Hotel?
Would you recommend it or not?

Cheers!

Re: Need advice on hotel!

by Loureik76

Hi,
I stayed at the Halomy Hotel in 2004, fab location, on a cliff top with amazing views, there is no other hotel in the area with views like it ! There are lots of steps down to Naama Bay, and I mean lots, but you get used to it and its quite good exercise, so you can walk to all the bars and restaurants in 10 mins. Hotel is very basic, we went half board but didnt eat there once so not sure what the food is like, but it was a clean hotel, friendly enough staff and a lovely pool with the views that didnt get too busy. Has a little private beach ( dont expect too much, it is tiny ) where you get the best snorkelling also.
Hope that helps !!!