Coral Sea Holiday Village

Nabq Area, Sharm El Sheikh, 317, Egypt

More about Coral Sea Holiday Village

red sea holiday village

by TripAdvisor Member cooldudeKent

having just returned from the hv , i felt i could give my honest opinion of my stay.
i stayed in a select room which was good, with a great view of the sea even if some of the workmanship was a liitle dodgy which was probably due to it being rushed to be finished.
other people in my party were in swim-up rooms which were also good.
food was ok.lots of choice but unfortunately of the 14 in my party, 8 of us had tummy problems and 2 had ear infections.
the staff worked very hard and couldnt do enough for you.
it was very difficult to change money up . overall i would rate the hv as good ,but probably would not return

Same party, different experience.

by TripAdvisor Member xenia92

I have been reading the reviews posted about the Red Sea Holiday Village with great interest, going right back to the reports about the site in June.
I read , with particular interest, the review by ScoobySoo. I remember her, in fact , she was staying in the SwimUp room next to mine ( with my son ). Yes, we were a large party, 19 adults and 9 children, for the first week which increased by 4 adults , the second week.
On the plus side :-
1. Sun for 12 hours a day. Not a cloud in the sky for the whole holiday. Temperature in the shade, just over 40C, swimming pool water was 32C, but in the sun my thermometer wasn't able to cope, probably 50+. I like the heat and sunbathe carefully. 9am to 11am I found was the best time, particularly in the shallow sloping part of the pool outside our room (11103 ) which got the early morning sun.
2. The room was what I had expected. Yes, the bed was wide which seems to be the Egyptian standard double size.( I went to Makardi Bay in 2006 which is on the opposite side of the Rsd Sea ). Had no problem with the piped water pressure for the shower except that the water coming out was too hot. The cold supply was at a temperature comparable to the hot supply in a Spanish hotel! The air conditioning was more than adequate.Bedding was changed daily.
3. The Egyptian staff were very good ( a £1 tip works wonders ), Ali (the pool boy at the Quiet Pool ) and Ahmed ( the barman at the same location ) in particular.
4. The food on offer was for me, very good. I am a small eater so the buffet restaurant suited me fine. Foreign food is not my favourite but the Indian restaurant ( The Sari ) I enjoyed very much and on the second visit was offered the excellent nan bread. The other two speciality restaurants, the Asian and Chinese were very good. Tokens are supplied on arrival at the hotel to use in the restaurants once a week, any more and you pay. All the restaurants bent over backwards to accomodate our large party, virtually closing to the other guests and re-arranging their seating plans to suit our requirements. During our stay, 2 of our party had birthdays and the staff in the buffet restaurant put on a special show of parading around the restaurant banging drums and singing their version of "Happy Birthday".
5.The Quiet Pool, where I spent the majority of my holiday, is well equipped with wooden sun loungers and thatched, fixed parasols. The bar was surprisingly quiet and after the first week, by the time I had walked to the bar my vodka and orange, with ice, was waiting for me. (Don't forget the occasional tip).
6. Planting, turfing and watering was being carried out all day and when finished will look great.
7. Finally, you can eat and drink all day if you know where to look.

On the negative side :-
1.Complex not finished and what has been built is to a poor standard. Water in the shower did not run away properly but this was easily rectified by removing the drain hole cover.
2.Evening entertainment was virtually non-exsistent but I blame that on the Entertainments Manager, his staff did try though. The booked acts in the first week were back in the second week.
( An aside here. We met the singer who performed on Wednesday night at the airport when returning home. First Choice had forgotten to book his return ticket so he had to go on standby.)
3. I believe that at the time of my stay the complex had a 70% occupancy. God help them when it is finished because they will not be able to cope!
4. On the flight home, the attendants had run out of bottled water and soft drinks by the time the trolley reached my seat. Apparently they had had a greater demand on the flight out to Sharm than expected and did not carry a reserve supply for the return.

My overall experience is like everybody else I suppose. The complex is not finished, but what is up and running , is good. New shops were being opened weekly.

I enjoyed my time at the Red Sea Holiday Village BUT First Coice will not be my first choice for any future holiday plans.

PS. As far as money is concerned, take £1 coins. At times there is a mobile ATM parked outside the Main entrance.

It Doesnt Get Much Better

by TripAdvisor Member Rambo1966

Well here goes, this is our report on the Holiday Village Sharm El Sheik with some other bits of info on how to get the best deals in the area.

Flights & Airports – First Choice flights to and from Sharm were a little disappointing, I was expecting a slightly larger aircraft for a 5-hour flight, very little legroom. Spirits where cheaper on the flights than in the duty-free shop, but do not expect huge stocks of duty free on your flight home.
Sharm airport is small and the wait for baggage to appear on the carousel was about 15 mins. Once thro customs it was a short walk to the bus and a 15-20min transfer to the resort.

Arrival – First impressions count, after seeing some of the pictures posted on TA I was pleasantly surprised as we turned into the main gate. A short drive down the entrance to reception where we where met by representatives from First Choice and staff from the hotel. All baggage was unloaded while you checked in at reception, very efficiently, then back outside to put a tag on your bags with your room number. We where escorted to our room by a friendly Egyptian man and our baggage arrived at the room about 20 mins latter.
Unfortunately due to our arrival time the all-inclusive bars where shut, there is however a late bar above the restaurants next to the water slides where we had a couple of nightcaps while we walked around the area before bed.

Accommodation – When we booked, we asked for all three of our rooms to be next to each other (travelled as a party of 8) however, our friends ended up on the bottom of block 3 while we had two balcony rooms in block 3 on the first level. We really did drop lucky with two huge rooms with an interconnecting door and stunning views from the balcony over the main pool, beach, and sea. It was a joy to wake up every morning. The rooms are spacious, massive beds, nice bathroom with great walk in shower (however be careful how long you shower for as the water does not drain very quickly and ours overflowed once). The walk in wardrobe is great and has a safe in there. The fridge in our rooms had already been emptied, one tip with the fridge, leave the cupboard doors open and it cools more efficiently. Aircon in the room was great and fully adjustable. There where a couple of niggles with the quality and operation of a few things but nothing that spoilt our time in the rooms.

Food – Breakfast is in the main al a cart restraint by reception, all air-conditioned and a great selection of food from fresh fruit to pancakes to a full cooked breakfast. Grab your bottled water in the morning for the day and take a few back to your fridge, it’s the only time it’s available in bottles. Lunch and dinner is served in the same restaurant and was of good quality, we found something different to eat most days. There is also a lunch available by the main pool serving Pizza, BBQ burgers, chicken ect with chips and salad, great if you don’t want to walk back to the main building for a snack. There is also afternoon tea served around 5pm outside by the reception area.
The restaurants down by the pool are an Indian (Sara), a Chinese (Bamboo) and a Mediterranean. We ate in all three during our stay however, the Indian we only ate in once (not the best in our opinion).

In General – The hotel is 95% complete, yes there is some building work going on at the very front of the hotel but this is well screened of and the only time you see it is when you walk from reception up the road to the main entrance. Once you are in Sharm you will appreciate this is very much an up and coming resort with building work going on at virtually all the hotels around. We had a small road being laid at the back of our block but we never once felt invaded by any of the work. In two weeks, I think we heard one drill being used.
There is planting of trees and shrubs going on constantly all around the resort and rocks and stones being brought in daily to fill the borders. In another 12 months when the gardens and paths are established it will be stunning. Finishing touches where going on everywhere at some stage of the day but nothing that interfered with our holiday, it was just like watching a park keeper tending to his plants.
The main pool area consists of one huge pool with water slides at one end, the second pool is a kiddie’s pool with a great water feature for them, and a third pool is used as an activity pool. The swim up rooms looked very nice with their own private pool, but unless you want a very quiet holiday, you won’t spend much time in them.
Unfortunately, the rush for beds in the morning around the main pool was starting earlier every day as it got busier. We had the same five beds for eight off us for the two weeks but meant laying towels down at 6am; this is a great time of day anyway watching the sunrise over the sea.

Entertainment – Daytime activity was good, something going on around the pool all day. Adult water polo is a must but be warned it can get a little physical 
The evening entertainment starts in the Pharaohs Theatre, which is next to reception on the upper level. When we first went the room was laid out with chairs in rows and no tables, a few nights before we left the room had changed for the better with tables being laid out all around. The entertainment was to an OK standard, it did get better during our two weeks, Gemma Rusty, Steph and Scott try their best and most of the time it comes off. The Pharaohs theatre closes at 11 and the entertainment moves to the amp theatre for an hour, I found this a bit hit and miss, some nights it was great with a quiz or a comedian on but other nights it was just singing and not what you want at the end of a good night. The amp theatre is a brilliant venue, which unfortunately is not used to its potential or used for long enough in the evenings.

The Staff – First Choice reps are rushed off their feet all day and most days there was a queue outside there small office near reception. It was sometimes quicker to just go to reception and ask there, particularly if you have any issue with your accommodation. First Choice daytime and evening staff where excellent, very friendly without being pushy.
The jewel in the crown with Sharm is its people, so friendly and genuinely warm in their manner. The pool guys, bar staff, reception, waiters, housekeeping staff all are so friendly and cannot do enough for you, a few tips to these guys and you get treated very well.

Trips & Shopping –
We found the shops in the complex very expensive. A short walk to the main gate and you can turn left or right for shops, turn right and this takes you down to The Strada a small shopping area with a well stocked supermarket, litre bottles of vodka, gin whiskey ect £4 English. Turn left out off the main gate and about 10 min walk on the right is a place called The Jasmine, another shopping area selling all sorts, the guy at the very back of this complex was great for ciggys, £11 English for 200 Silk Cut or Lamberts, you do have to haggle though. If you need a chemist there are several dotted about, don’t use the in house doctor in the complex unless you really have too he’s expensive.
The hotel runs a shuttle bus to Namma Bay, do yourself a favour and go in the evening, its cooler and is when the place comes alive. Watch out at the taxi rank when you get there, ignore the locals trying to take you off to their shops and just cross the road and you are in the main drag in Namma. We found the main shopping areas a little expensive, but duck down the side streets and it’s like a market town, barter well for some great deals, especially on leather goods and tobacco products. Loads of Shisha bars, pubs and clubs in Namma and some great restraints, we ate at an Italian across from the Hard Rock Café and had a wonderful 3-course meal with drinks for less than 20 quid a head.
If you want to do trips like quad biking camel rides or boat trips, don’t book through FC its double the price. There is a hut on the beach to the left of the hotel just by Pataya who organises quad and camel trips. Another very good contact is the guy who sits in the towel hut next to the pool, he used to run local boat trips and can get you a very very good deal on anything, he offered us a full Bedouin evening for £13 a head, it was £20 a head on the beach and over £30 with FC.

In general, this is a fantastic hotel, lovely people, brilliant weather, and above all a very brilliant place to holiday, even if you don’t do snorkelling or diving. Sharm has something for everyone. We will defiantly return one day soon.

Best of all we won the Bingo on the last night there £260 English quid, result LOL

Best Holiday ever! A+++

by TripAdvisor Member HelenMcCreath

We arrived on the 19th July. First impressions really matter for us and what can I say Reception was pleasent and our room (Junior Suite)was fantastic. It was massive! Walk in wardrobe, huge bathroom area. Large flat screen tv and DVD player. Sepatate TV for kids. Huge balcony area. (Tip - The fridge was in a cupboard and it did not get very cold so we placed it on top of the cupboard, this made a huge difference). We immediately felt relaxed on arrival.

The complex was lovely and the Swimming pools great. Our fist few days were plagued by moan'ie people but we avoided them and once they had left we had a fantastic time. Unfortunately I think a lot of guests were out for compensation and just moaned for the sake of it. There were a few things that needed sorting but it is up to you if you allow them to affect your holiday or not!!!!

We met some great people and joined in as much of the evening entertainment as we could. The entertainment team were fantastic. (Rusty, Scott, Gemma, Stephanie, Wayne - All Amazing fun!!).

Our boy learn't to swim 50m Front Crawl in 9 lessons, Lauren was the best swim coach ever! Soccor School fantastic and Kids Club & Care - Brilliant!

Food - Fine, we were lucky none of us had bad tummies but a lot of people did. ( immodium does not touch it, go to the chemist) Indian-OK Chinese-Amazing Mediteranium-Good Buffet-lovely, something for everyone.
ALCOHOL - Fab (recommend Gin and Tonic and Lager).

This hotel is due to be completed by the end of October and at that point it will definately be a 4+* at the moment it is a good 3*.

Nama Bay - You must go!!!!!!! Brilliant athmosphere. You get hassled no more than any other country. In fact it was quite pleasent. MacDonalds is Definately worth a visit.

We have made some fantastic friends and can't wait to return here or go to the new villages in Cyprus or Mexico next year. Enjoy! you can email me at helen.mccreath@harcourt.co.uk if you have any questions on this resort.

Had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member covfc

Hi All,
We got back last week and we had a great holiday. Yes there is building work going on and I was in block 4 which had a big dirt track on the side but why should this bother me. The niose was minimal and i was not once disturbed.The majority of work is done behind big boards so that it is hidden. We had a Jnr siute and the rooms were very spacious. The bed was huge, and the walk in wardrobe was excellent. If you are a perfectionist you will find faults in the decor and parts of the hotel do look rushed.
The kids clubs were excellent and the entertainers were very freindly and could not do enough.
The food was superb with a wide variety but you may want to go out because it does get a bit repetative if you are on a 2 week holiday. They do have 3 a la carte restuarants (Indian, Chinese and mediteranian). The indian is not brilliant but I have had worse. You can visit each restuarant once a week but we only bothered with the chinese twice.
You will have to get up to save your sunbeds especially if you want a place by the kids pool. You get towels around 08:00 am but save your beds before they arrive then go to join the towel que.
Be carefull in the sun. I was ill one day and i later found out that the temperature was 52. Give yourself 4to5 days to get used to the climate before you try to sun bathe all day.
We all had tummy trouble and so did most of the people we spoke to but this is pretty common in all hotels.
If you like snorkelling, you can do this off the jetty on the beach but its still quite a walk in the sea before you get to the deep end so cream up well and the sea water is very warm.
Dont be put off by poor reviews of this resort. It may have had its teething problems but we loved it.

Will be fantastic in a few years, but not yet!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mumsy1507

Negatives: We arrived at this hotel having paid for a select room and were told by First Choice that we wouldn't be near any building works. However on arrival our room was right on top of the building works and the night club. We requested to move room due to my daughter's asthma but we were not moved for a week. Daughter had an accident on our first night due to lack of lighting outside of reception. My mum had an accident in the room when she slipped on the rug that is placed on the marble floor with no grippers! she broke her left ankle. BEWARE! of these rugs as they are in every room. have to wait for ages at the swim up bar, no toilets by the pools, no lifts, so not suitable for wheelchair users and elderly people and the evening entertainment is not up to the standard expected of First Choice.

Positive points: excellent pools, friendly staff, reps were helpful(especially Gemma), but due to the rush to open the hotel they are taking the heat with all of the complaints and are over stretched, lovely weather, food excellent at the main restaurant and snack bar lots of choice and the food is always hot and prepared well, lots of excursions to choose from e.g the bedouin night which includes a camel ride. kids clubs were excellent with good choice of activities and open good hours during the day and evening.

Overall: I feel that this hotel is not up to standard and has been rushed to be open in time for the summer holidays and i do not think that it was ready. However, once all building works at this hotel and others in the vacinity are completed that this resort will be worthy of its **** rating

Worst dump Ive ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member sheboo

This has to be the worst holiday Ive ever had. I booked this holiday with my 12 year old daughter. From the moment we got there we were harassed by the staff. One of the waiters told me I should have a man for sex. I complained to the hotel manager who did nothing about this. We paid for a swim up room (paddle up room) but couldnt use the pool as the noise from the building site 20 feet away was horrendous and started at 7.00am every morning until sun down. I complained daily about this but nothing was done, the hotel manager did send me 2 baskets of fruit, as this was a AI holiday not sure what the benefit of the fruit was perhaps we could of used them as ear plugs. The hotel is NOT finished. The swim up pool itself was dirty with the liner coming away from the wall. It took 2 days for our toilet to get fixed (it was leaking) there were no safety evacuation instructions in the room. We ate 1 night in the al a carte restaurant (mediterano) the next day I was ill. The entertainment was appalling (reps do kareoke) the highlight of the evening was the 9.10 Bingo session. After complaing about the noise every day we were offered a new room less than 24 hours before we departed. Non of the coaches hired by First Choice have seat belts and luggage was put in the aisle of teh coach as there was no room for it under neath. I didnt speak to 1 person there who was enjoying it most couldnt wait to come home

Ok Not the best

by TripAdvisor Member raspberryrazor

I,ve done all inclusive before and have to say was really dissapointed with the standard here.

The hotel rooms are beautiful, we stayed in a kids den room which was really comfortable with lots of space and excellent air conditioning which was needed as it was up to 54 degrees at times!!!!

The hotel staff are very accomodating and pleasent. The food was the main downfall. You wont starve as there always fish/chicken/beef to choose from but it does get very repetative and there is a lack of fresh fruit available in the evening apart from banannas. I think i was expecting the same standard as I had received in the caribean. the food from the pool bar at lunchtime is very poor chip/chips/chips!!! better to go up to the main restraunt if you want more choice.

A trip to namba bay is worth it for a nice meal out and a wander around to see different shops but you will get hasselled to go into shops/bars ect. Please be aware of the road you have to cross from where the taxi or buses drop you off I dont think they have strict laws on who can drives cars. Hard Rock cafe is excellent.

The entertainment is really poor on par with red coats at butlins it was so bad I was embarresed for them!!!!! The kids club was excellent and my wee boy really enjoyed his time there.

Over all I think the hotel will be better when its a bit better established and the entertainment is a bit better but I dont think I will be rushing back to find out.

loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Gfawkes

Just arrived home from 10 days at Holiday village and have had fantastic time. Was really worried before we went having read some of the reviews which gave a bad impression. Feel like we stayed at a different hotel to the one mentioned by some people on here - we had a great time.
The room which we had, which was just a standard room, was huge - an enormous double bed and 2 big single beds for my 2 boys, plus big travel cot for our baby. and still loads of room. We didnt encounter any building noise or even see any building work. the view from our room was of the swim up rooms and quiet pool and they both looked great. (having 3 young children we didnt have a swim up room or use the quiet pool)
The whole hotel and pool area are spotless, the staff are continually cleaning and clearing up and they do a great job. the egyptian staff were nothing but polite and extremely friendly, they were fantastic with my kids and my baby girl. The nicest staff I have ever encountered, everyone talks to you and they want nothing back from you but a bit of conversation and manners.
Pool and kids activities are excellent - my kids and my friends children who we went with loved it. Loads on during the day - quizzes, cannoe running, snorkelling in the pool, gladiator challenge, zip wire and high rope challenge. The in2action staff work extremely hard and do very good job.
the entertainment in the evening is fine, depends what you are expecting - the kids disco is good fun and so is the bingo. entertainment staff work hard and are very friendly. No complaints from us about them or the events they put on. It is all light entertainment which was aimed at families so the children can stay up to watch aswell.
Food was as good as any I have had at all inclusive. the al a carte resturants were lovely and we didnt struggle to get booked in any of them. The main resturant has plenty of choice and even managed to find something for my 12 mnth old. they have lots of different theme nights and I think they cater very well for english tastes.
There are some areas which have obviously been finshed off quickly, watch the public toilet doors as some of them dont close very well, or close too well! Our bathroom decor wasnt finished off brilliantly,they need to get those areas sorted out, but these little things did not spoil our holiday at all.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to other people - we had a lovely time and felt welcomed by the egyptians, which is something you dont always get in other countries.
Would just mention to those with little children, there is no lift(something to do with security) so take the smallest, lightest pushchair you can find!

brilliant !!!

by TripAdvisor Member balsamic

Fantastic holiday ! Stayed in kids den block 5 - plenty of space for all four of us and nice to have room to store empty cases without tripping over them for 2 weeks ! Fantastic views from room - see & pool from balcony, rest of hotel from front door ! Cleaning service excellent, nice models made out of towels and used to line up kids shoes every day in their room where they had been laft scattered about , also rearranged their cuddy toys - kids used to race in door each day we went back to see what had been done ! They must have spent as much time tidying as they did cleaning .often left out mobile, wallet, ipod etc and nothing was ever touched.

Food plentiful, a bit repetitive but only to be expected - ate twice in med, twice bamboo and once indian (great food but not a lot of it for a curry!). Didnt use seafood restaurant as dont like fish, but looked fantastic !

Kids (11/9) used kids club few times - mainly when we wanted an "adults only" meal with friends - and they never complained once. they joined in several daytime activities round pool and never moaned about being bored !

Snorkelled from jetty nearly every day - was absolutely amazing especially as never went out of our depth! Tip : walk along to Laguna Vista shops (left from HV at beach) to save a few pounds on snorkelling equipment ! Take a banana out with you - the fish will swarm round you !

Artist at the HV amazing - will paint picture as you want it - colours, features (pyramids,camels etc) - even gave us £5 off for buying two without us requesting it.

No real problems with sunbeds although at least one of our party was up about 8 each morning and as we were right near pool it was easy for us.

Hotel staff excellent - couldnt be more helpful - rang reception when we were leaving - busboy at our door in about 30 secs - must have ran all the way. Bar staff nearly all chatty/friendly - a little tip goes a long way if you cant face walking all around the pool to the pool bar - a few hand signals and your drinks appear !
pool guys are always up for a laugh and really seem to enjoy being there - one of them came to say goodbye because he was off home for 10 days and would miss the kids !

Reps also fantastic - especially Claire - very knowledgable about area and excursions and will suggest eating places nearby and at Naama Bay (and where to avoid!)

Entertainment was as expected for HV - if you want first class groups etc ,you will need to book elsewhere (and pay for the privilege)- kids loved Crowfeet Island, we just sat outside the Pharoahs Theatre while they watched it ! Mostly E3 entertainment but some outside acts were brought in - the Ampitheatre each night was good atmosphere and nice way to finish off the evening.

Would recommend to anyone considering a good , safe family holiday.

Comments