Coral Sea Resort

Booking.com Room77.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• its the best

I loved staying at coral sea resort it is the best holiday ever we got trited nicely i would love to go a gane i was sunny all the time we where there

Unique Quality: the pool was the best because you could swim up and get your drinks and the food was really nice and tasty some of the food was better than the uk so i would love to have food from egypt

• wobblybob's Profile Photo

Not a bad place really

Stayed for a week last minute in august, quite nice in general, staff very friendly, food acceptable. Just make sure yor up at the crack of dawn if you want a sun lounger,at least we can beat the germans at something these days, good for snorkeling and not much else really. Had a trip up to the pyramids which was excellent and the museum in cairo. Nice time wouldnt go back as the hotel was never up to 4 stars, wouldnt say go or dont go. And im sure i saw Justin Bieber there so im told???.

oh and Nabil at the beach bar deserves a special mention, nice guy.

More about Coral Sea Resort

A lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member snoopyjoe

This was our 4th time back to sharm el sheikh because you really cannot go wrong in this suberb resort. A lot of the hotels are quite the same. This hotel is situated within the Nabq Bay area and is quite far from the traditonal sharm el sheikh hotels, which are based either in Naama bay or the Sharks bay area. The hotel is situated in a lovely peaceful area, very secluded and very quiet. The beach is unlike that of the sharks bay area, in that it is very flat and covers a substantial area. You may see 10 -15 people on the beach - which is lovely, and you feel like you have it all to yourself! You can walk out extremely far and still the water only ventures past your knees! You are probably best to buy some beach shoes (about five pounds from the shop on the complex), as we were told you could get several bites from various things! The water is extremely warm and very clear, unfortunately we did not see many fish, just a couple of starfish. On previous visits to Sharks bay the fish were truly spectacular, but if it doesnt bother you seeing any then you have nothing to worry about. We had a standard room which was really huge and extremely clean. A lovely large balcony with a sea view, which was wonderful. There are two pools, the one nearest to the beach is where everything seems to happen - i.e the reps blast you with their music, then a quiz, then all the planned activities for the day. The other pool nearer to the hotel entrance is a smaller pool, with no music and is very relaxing. Each pool has a bar and swim up facitlies and provides drinks, popcorn, ice cream (to die for)!. The pool boys are brilliant, especially Amar and his friend, they constanly played with the children and fussed round them all the time. We did offer them a tip and they declined and asked us why! but they were so good with the children we tipped them anyway at the end of the holiday. Mohammed (barman) was also excellent we tipped him the first day. When we went to the pool - he was over like a shot with tea or coffee, and throughout the day supplies of icy cold beer were delivered to our sun loungers (now that's being looked after). The restaurant does get quite busy but certainly nothing to complain about. The food was delicious - hence my 3lb weight gain!. A different theme every night. Lots of choice - and if you really are very fussy then lots of NORMAL FOOD as I put it. Pizza's I would say are too nice! Watch the dough being made right in front of you - then select your toppings, tomato, onion, peppers, ham etc - delicious. There is also a barbecue outside that serves really nice chicken, sausages, etc, and also the mermaid snack bar near to the beach - We only ate here once although very nice not much choice. Night time entertainment was provided outside - seating for about 100 people - such things as karaoke, race nights, grease night provided by the first choice reps - this was ok, not wonderful, but we had a laugh. Also go and watch the football match between the English and the Egyptians. Each side take it extremely serious! This usually starts about about 9.00 pm but the Egyptian's turn up about 10.00.pm so our poor lads were exhausted because they had been playing for about an hour to pass the time. All good fun. So all in all - I would be nit picking if I complained about anything. I did see some families struggling with buggies and young children as there are no lifts and there is a large marble staircase down to the restaurant. People I notice on this site have said that a lot of people were ill with the food. All I can say is I have travelled to many destinations and found sharm to be the only place I have never suffered with an upset stomach. There is a fish restaurant and I know from experience fish is the worse thing for serious food poisoning if not cooked properly. Had ice in my drinks and was fine. We are now back in England shivering, and fed up already. Anyone due to go to the Coral sea I am jealous and can't wait to go back to either the Coral sea, hilton sharks or the Concorde.
Happy holidays.

PS - Take a walk down to the promenade and turn right and just walk along to the Laguna Vista - had read about this place and it has very good reviews - lovely little village. all individual apartments. We had a little walk through the complex just to see what it was like!

Excellent Hotel-will go back

The hotel and staff are extremely helpful and can not do enough for you. The rooms are kept very well clean and the food was of a very reasonable standard with a different theme every night for the two weeks. Although we arrived late the resturant was still open for us at nearly 11pm and then all the cases are taken to your room for you.

The reps are still attempting to put together a night time show and I would ask that first choice assist in this and get some quality local acts to assist the entertainmet team who do try to entertain customers throughout the day (however with the high temperatures this can limit the amount of physical activities).

Although the foodwas very reasonable and the whole place very clean Egyption belly troubles are expected and there is a good pharmacist on site to assist.

The sea is excellent and with the sand banks way out it provides a very shallow area to wade out to some of the coral and sea a variety of fish (again beach shoes are a must)

Of the two slight down sides one is that the trips are expensive and local tour companies can give you the same trips at up to half the price. The other is First Choice Airways who in my experience are possible the worst airline to fly on with the aircraft in an untidy condition inside and the cabin staff not much better.

Overall though this was an excellent holiday and resort and one we will definately be coming back too as both myself, my wife and two kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Anyone with kids should bare in mind that the summer temperatures will be 50 C plus, possible not advisable for July/August.

Whos round is it anyway

by TripAdvisor Member Deaglan

We have just returned from our stay at the Coral Sea resort on June 6th after spending one week there. On arrival at the hotel, after a short trip from the airport where we were harassed by some random bloke standing beside our bus who was looking for €5 for lifting our bags into the bus, beware of him, we arrived at the resort.

Greeted very pleasantly by the hotel staff and efficiently handed our room key we were overjoyed at the quality of the services provided for us at our room i.e. Sewing equipment, slippers, his and her bath robes, shoe shine, toothpaste, shaving foam, shower gel etc. We then went to the dining area to get some well deserved food. In fairness it was 11 pm at night but we where very disappointed with the standard of food that was served. The food was not very tasty, as it was so late we decided to pass it off as a consequence of our late arrival.

Next day and for the rest of the week the same story, high volume low tasting food with the exception of the cakes and fruit, was the order of the day. To add to that we both had upset stomachs. When it came to ordering drinks during the day at the pool bar, one thing for sure is that you would not want to be dying of thirst, it took ages for any service to be provided despite the fact that the chap was not even that busy. So frustrating.

In the hotel bar itself the service was quite good and the staff friendly, only thing was that they constantly talked to each other in front of customers and then started laughing. This made people feel uncomfortable and was not very professional of them. All in all we did enjoy the holiday mainly due to the fact that we decided to Scuba Dive. The on site diving club is excellent and very well run.

We really enjoyed the experience. Would definitely return to Sharm el Sheikh but would not go to the Coral Sea resort again, overall service, food, drink and professionalism did not meet 4 star standard and at best was more deserving of the 3 star label.

Hotel management need to address the waiting time of customers who ask for a drink and also the manners of their staff towards the guests. Some were extremely sleazy and this made my partner feel a little uncomfortable.

Good one week holiday

by TripAdvisor Member canto

We went to the Coral Sea Resort on Sunday 11June and got back to Dublin at around 4am this morning.
We stayed for a week and, although at first I thought it would be great to be there for two weeks, I thought really that was just the right length of time.
The planting(flowers, trees etc) around the grounds are very nice and the hotel is very clean and bright. The staff are very polite and friendly- always saying 'hello' and smiling which was v. nice.
We upgraded to a sea view room because the room we were allocated seemed very far away from the main part of the hotel and didn't have a great view. In the end we had a nice pool and sea view for something like 100euro extra for the week, which we thought was worth it.
The meals are okay I think but, even though there is a different theme every night, I found the dishes were quite similar every night. I'm a vegetarian and I found that there were plenty of vegetable dishes on offer. I wouldn't have wanted to eat there for another week though, as I got really bored with the same flavours every night. There was lovely bread and lovely desserts and fresh watermelon at every meal. We didn't book the Italian restaurant(at which we could have eaten on one nightfor free)early enough and so we missed the opportunity to try the food there.
We did some shopping in the hotel and realised that you are supposed to haggle in these shops too!
We went snorkelling every day, which was great. It stopped it being like an ordinary boring beach holiday. Saw amazing fish and took photos. You should bring snorkles and underwater cameras- anyone can snorkle and it would be a wasted opportunity not to.
The jetty is being repaired at the moment. You can walk the length of it but it is a bit dicey towards the end!
We went on the Bedouin experience: the camel ride was great except the (tiny) child who led my camel had a tantrum and kept asking for more money(tips). When she was given the money she asked for she was still acting angry with me and, not being used to that sort of thing, I found it upsetting.
We had a nice meal in the Bedouin tent, and tea and the opportunity to smoke a pipe. Then we watched the sunset and afterwards sat around a camp fire and had a fantastic time dancing with the Bedouins(amazing dancers and very funny).
Then we went stargazing, which was nice. Security were around as we were in the middle of the desert.
We went on a boat trip one day to Ras Mohammad. That was when i started to feel sick. I didn't feel right at all after that! We were brought out to snorkle and the first drop was in very deep water and a good bit of swimming was required between the boat and the reef and back again. i started feeling ill(I think because of the depth- I was freaked!) and then felt sea sick for the rest of the trip. The guides couldn't care less and didn't take me seriously, which was a bit irritating. I wasn't offered any medication or anything. My fiance loved the trip though.
We went on a tour to Naama Bay and Old Sharm. Naama Bay seems nice and laid back and sort of hippy chic. It was alarming to see the hotel that had been bombed though.

Trying to buy anything in Old Sharm goes like this: Customer: How much is this?
Vendor: It's for free!!!!
Customer: Oh yeah, right!
Vendor: Take your time! Choose what you like, then we talk about the price!
Then you select what you want, you are quoted a ridiculous price, you bargain him down to half(if you are lucky) he very dramatically says: 'Okay! Only for you!' and wipes his brow, acting like you are robbing him. You walk away feeling really guilty, like you've ripped him off. Then(when you get a chance to think) you realise that actually you've still paid FAR too much. It takes an AGE to buy anything!

Back to the hotel: It's an English resort. Most people lie around the pool roasting themselves all day listening to happy hardcore and the reps' tedious quizzes. Prices in the hotel are often quoted in sterling and change is given in sterling unless you ask for something else! I'm half English and like English people but I can imagine the Irish guests finding it a bit overwhelming. I didn't mind, but if the resort had been full of Irish with Irish flags everywhere I would have hated it because who wants to go to Egypt to feel like you are just in your own country! At least everyone being English made a bit of a change! We watched an England football match there and the atmosphere was fantastic- really moving I found.
Oh yes, the night time entertainment is not very good- we just watched the shows once, but there's a movie channel with new films on it in the bedrooms so that's an alternative- also you can use bars in the other resorts if you want a change, I think. They are just a walk up the beach away.
The beach is very nice and comfortable as there was a good breeze(and therefore, I think, no flies or mosquitoes) and loungers with umbrellas. The water is so clear and warm like a bath! There are fantastic dramatic mountains so the scenery is very exotic and the water is shallow and very salty(so you float) so it is very safe to swim there.
It's important to tip the workers in the hotel: the (very nice)man who hands out the beach towels is from Alexandria and like most people there he works for a month and goes home for ten days. The wages are low and are not really adequate to live on. The staff there are very cheerful and friendly though.

Overall, we had a great time but I was happy just to stay for one week. The excursions are expensive and I got a little bored with the food. We could have eaten elsewhere, I suppose, but my fiance did a scuba diving course too, so we were on a budget and stuck to the all inclusive meals.

For one week it is a great holiday destination as long as you do trips so that you feel like you are actually in Egypt!

go to this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member southernessIrvine

I can only tell you what we found at this hotel we stayed there from the 22nd june till 6th july and have only praise for the hotel. dont get me wrong I to had the tummy upset and the reps were great colin filled in a tummy illness form for me and one of the hotel managers came to see me and could not have been nicer but if you go to the chemist next door to hotel get the tablets your tummy will be on the mend next day it did not spoil my ho;liday we loved every second of it. the hotel is spotless the beds are changed every day and the chaps who clean it are nothing but polite and really look after you. The irish bar is nice and the waiter was lovely I think his name is hassan we spent most of the day down at the beach which is lovely as we are not pool people but you could hear the reps organising the games and different activities. At night there is not a lot to do but for a pound each way you can take the bus from hotel to namma bay you really must see this place but if you like to stay in hotel the reps put on a show in the amfitheatre at night they work really hard to entertain you my regards to colin shane jay and the gang keep up the good work. we loved our holiday the meals were great they put on a theme night every night and the theme was food of a different country it was great there was a great menu and as I said the food was lovely. We also went to the mermaid one night to sample the sea food and it was good value for money. Osama the waiter was a gem he looked after us any time we went in there as I said the people are lovely they cant do enough for you. Well colin and gang we hope to see you all next year I would give the hotel and staff 10 out of 10 so roll on next year

A couple of travellers from Ayrshire

What a fab hol cant wait to go in dec !!

by TripAdvisor Member bible

just got back from the corel sea and well its lovely!!! its was breath taking!!! some reviews do not reflect the hotel at all all those who have moaned "get a life" i was worried when i read them but hey its great!!!!
on arrival airport a bit mad but ok got my visa coz i did trips outside of sharm, which is the only reason you need them!!!
was allocated a coach fully air con which we needed and it took less than 30mins to get to the hotel, we was greeted with cold drinks (yummy) and checked in bags brought to your room and was politly told to go for some food as we arrived at 22.30hrs.
in would surgest to get up early for breakfast and to put your towels out as when busy the pool fills up!!! although the beach is great too!! much more peaceful.
food was good, different ever night although they love giving us potatoes in every way you could think of!!! i had some lovley meals chilli etc YUMMY!!
the itallian is great too altough you pay for your drinks but a bottle of rose wine about £16.00 which between four is ok!! had steak and mushroom sauce which was good!!
cakes and soup and bread great.

rooms are massive and air con a god send!!

pool great - swim up bar yep lots of beer and always a smiling face to meet you!

beer and spirts good although ask for little spirts as its strong i had ice in drinks was fine

lots of water bottled and in a dispencer (COLD)

activities are more for kids not much at night but they try HI lesley, jamie, erin and gang!!!

we went snorcelling every day and did ras mohammed and garden reef defo MUST!!!

went to Aqua park great for kids but do take sea shoes floor very hot and plenty of high cream f30 i took and 15 and got a fab tan !!!

well i must go but could tell you everything be here for hours, its was lovely going in dec with our daughter whos 8, we are both in our 20's early rather than late x

Reception Cloned Our Debit Card And Wiped Account For £2,500

by TripAdvisor Member SimonFiona

DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD IN THIS HOTEL, the reception staff cloned our card when we checked out and paid for room service. This was the only time we used the card so we know it was them. They sold the details on and we lost £2,500 (as we had just been paid) and they cleared our account to the overdraft limit. As it was used in Europe it takes 4 days to hit the account in UK so you dont know til its too late. We told First Choice as its a first choice only hotel and they didnt want to know!! Only use cash.

Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay there we had a jacuzzi suite which was enormous and kept very clean. The entertainment is limited but the first choice entertainters work so hard and put so much effort in you cant fault them. We generally chilled out but they organise lots of sports if you like that.

Didnt think much of the local spirits tried vodka and whisky and they were horrible and most people agreed. The beer was good though and none of the guys complained about it.

Did try to always tip the egyptian staff as they get paid so little and were very generous with them but wish we hadnt now seeing as they cloned our card details.

Weather is hot in June generally about 40plus but its not humid like UK so bearable. Dont go in August were told it has been known to hit 65!

Food in restaurant was very good know that lots of people have complained but they must be very fussy. Food was similar most nights but there is always a wide variety to cater for everybody each night and is difficult for it to be completely different. We both suffered dodgy tummies (as did most people we met) but its not because the food is bad as some ignorant people believe its just because its diffent bacteria abroad that we are not used to. Dont take imodium out in the heat its too dangerous as imodium dehydrates you thats how it stops you going, go to the chemist outside of reception and the guy in there is lovely and will give you special medicine which costs about £12-15 but well worth it.

We did really enjoy our stay here if you want to relax enjoy the sun sea and snorkelling its clean, friendly and perfect JUST DONT USE YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD!

3 Stars Into 5

by TripAdvisor Member MD4EAS

Lets get the bad bits over with first. the problem with this hotel is generally not the hotel but the people who come here. some of the witnessed behaviour let us feeling quite awful to be called British. let me give some examples.
Throwing food onto the floor and then calling the waiter over to clear it up and then doing it again. this was witnessed by my wife and i and it is not our place to say anything, those teenagers were an embarrassment to us being called british. the waiters are not paid a lot and at least deserve some humanity. they know it was going on but couldnt say anything for fear of losing their jobs. you know who you are and all i can say is i hope that you checked your food and drinks after. revenge is a sad affair but in your case i support it.
For those individuals who couldnt make it to the toilet in time i suggest that you go to the doctors when you get back. the pool is not the place to leave " floaters" and have the local pool boy having to chase the offending object with a net on more than one occassion was the height of gross especially after the first choice rep repeated on the tannoy that the pool was not the place for " floaters" perhaps your parents should make you do it yourselfs and practise toilet time.
The punch up with The Dutch v The British one evening was actually started by the dutch party, finished by the british and was a very poor sight to see, especially when the women and children got weighed in as well. this was not good for the atmosphere of the place and i take this as a reminder to you all that the man sat at the entrance to the hotel was carrying a glock 17 and in that was real bullets.
Any advice that you may read here and other exellent websites such as tripadvisor and others regarding the pool arrangements and sun beds let me spell it out. DONT TRY TIPPING THE POOL BOY FOR SUNBED TOWELS. Seriously we took the advice of a reporter and tipped mr pool boy £20 to get our towels out in the morning for us so we could avoid the mad morning rush to get around the pool. imagine our surprise in the morning when they werent where we tought they were going to be. had words with the pool boy who then explained they couldnt do it. the £20 definately wasnt returned, but in the remainder of the holiday he did at least bring them over to us as we sat and waited for them to start work at 0800. still i didnt mean to tell their Ukrainian customer services manager and the hotel manager at the end of our holiday when we was leaving so when pool boy returns from his week off ( they do 30 days on and 10 off) i hope they give him the rewards for such brutal capitalisation behind the hotels back. he deserves it.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is not among the best, it is not bad but not the best we have ever had and as for when you are finished you food, well i will let you experience that, just watch out for the worlds fastest plate and table clearers in the entire universe.
and as for the tannoy systems, all that was missing was the Hi De Hi campers. First Choice get your announcement service sorted out immediately. it was just like Euston station !! hear it to believe it. " morning campers "

This is a mixture hotel of some poor standards of service from SOME of the staff, especially in the bar and dining room area. they dont look happy and boy do they let it know. but the happy ones made up the difference by a long way

anyway now the good stuff.

this is one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. ever. if cleaniness is next to godliness then i know where JC goes for holidays. the rooms are great. AC is good and the general overall place gets a 6 out of 10. food is ok, the local chemist out on the front of the hotel is brill and cure my wife of the curse in 24 hours. leave that package stuff at home and get it locally. it works. dont get me wrong this is a great hotel but capable of far greater things. and here i list them to get this hotel into the 5 star that it is capable of.

First choice: change the entertainment team or get them trained in providing a quality service. up the prices a lot to weed out the riff raff that bring this hotel down to the level that it is. change your reps as they couldnt organise anything properly as my wife and i will testify to.

Hotel: get some smiles on your staff faces. stop the rip off of the customers by your enterprising staffs little side lines. move the lobby bar out of reception and put it somewhere else.
make the top pool area adult only.

this is a good clean place to go capable of so much more.

so 3 stars to 5 is achieveable.

Relaxin Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Berlitz

Hi there,
Just back from this resort and found everything good that has been said is genuine. Had a great holiday and found the hotel staff excellent to deal with. Had an 8 hrs flight delay going out , Missed dinner however a light salad and rolls were provided to us in our room on arrival with water. A couple of tips for those going.
1.Lunch is best in the dining room than from the pool or beach side bars.
2.Do get your bottle water at lunch time.
3.Do bring high factor sun creams . Tempeatures reached 50 degrees on two days we were there.
4.Pool side tens to be over crowed at times, however plenty of space on the beach.
5.Purchase products in hotel shops, but do haggle to get price down. Beware of other little shop if walking along the pathway along the beach as we found thes people a bit intimaditing especally twords females.
Always something on the menu everyday that suit our taste.

Thing that did not impress.
Lack of toilet facilities around complex.
Beach party night not up to what was described to us. Very dissapointed for the price we paid

Over all had a great holiday.

honeymoon to egypt

by sopster

I have read with interest thru all ur many answers to common questions on this forum about sharm el sheikh and money, tips, trips & diving etc. I am now trying to plan my perfect honeymoon there!
I've always wanted to go, but have a couple of queries of my own if anyone can help...
how much spends approx would be needed for a week? I have read the the 'Coral Sea Resort' is not complete..? I have been looking at the Hyatt Regency... Any views? Thanxs in advance

Re: honeymoon to egypt

by swisssinai

The Hyatt Sharm is very nice and is an ideal location for a honeymoon. Other hotels in the area that also would be ideal are Conrad, Baron, Four Seasons and Concorde.

Re: honeymoon to egypt

by sopster

Thanxs very much for your prompt response to the above.
Does anyone know any websites to book the Hyatt Regency on-line? (as its quite expensive at my local travel agents).
Wanting to go in Sept '05 after my wedding. How much money would we need for a week of spending if say we were BnB rather than all inclusive?
Thanxs for all replies