Delta Sharm Resort

Um El Seed, Main Road & El Tower Rd, Hay El Nour, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 45% less but rated 12% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Nightmare Complex!

I know this review is long but please take the time to read before you book with Delta Sharm!

My girlfriend & me decided to book Delta Sharm (All inclusive) for our first holiday together this year. I have so many bad things to report about this place I am sure I will have to write multiple reviews so here goes....

The first night we got to the hotel we arrived firstly to a studio room with 2 single beds (rather than the double bed we booked)...alls the staff done was tell us to push them together then rather rudely left. We decided to get on with things and went for food around 9pm in the family restaurant...the food didn’t look great but we helped ourselves and grabbed a seat to order our drinks without any ice...5 minutes later the drinks came back with ice in so we promptly returned them...as the waiter took them back my girlfriend decided to get some pasta as she didn’t like her food...as walking past the kitchen she saw the waiter put his hands into our drinks and remove the ice...he then served them to our table once again! We decided to leave and get food outside the complex after what we witnessed so off to Naama Bay we went (which i will touch upon later). When we finally arrived back at Delta Sharm we nipped to the supermarket for snacks...as we approached the shops on the very dark and sinister complex (around 11pm) we were welcomed by gangs of Egyptian men aimlessly hanging around starring, pointing and making comments towards me and my girlfriend...who at this point crushing my hand as she was that intimidated.
    Once in the shop we had the very same welcome from the staff working the counters so we paid and left for our room right away. On the way back we got lost with it being our first night so we decided to ask security for directions...the guard replied in gibberish saying he speaks no English (this guy a few days later had a short conversation with me in English!) so we had to struggle along and find our studio ourselves on a very big complex. We decided to call it a night and approach the next day with a fresh head.
    The morning after we decided to go for breakfast and give the food another try so we set off and to our embarrassment again got slightly lost...this time we approached a member of staff behind the pool bar...he again replied in gibberish very rudely and walked away laughing! At this point my blood started to boil but again I kept it together as the last thing i wanted to do was get into an argument whilst away.We finally found the breakfast bar and again to our shock the food was left uncovered with flies nesting on some random boiled eggs and croissants...Again we decided to look elsewhere for food so off we went to the complex’s shops and to our surprise found a small cafe called “Carloes Café”. This cafe turned out to be the only realistic option for food at Delta Sharm and strangly enough the only place that treated us with any respect! Yet as the cafe was ran separate to Delta Sharm we had to pay for everything
    In the afternoon we went to our pool for a swim and some all inclusive drinks and snacks at the bar. We set up camp on our sun beds and took a dip...as we sat at the bar we noticed how dirty the glasses were but I assumed they were put aside to be washed...i was wrong! The bar man simply rinsed a random glass someone had returned and poured our drinks...we only had an option of their own stellar beer, a selection of around 5 shorts, an option of two soft drinks and no snacks at all. That was as good as Delta Sharm gets! Yet there were other faults with the pool and bar such as the staff approaching young English girls when left alone, staff spitting onto the pools water fountain and a number of objects found at the bottom of the pool.
    As advertised we expected some form of entertainment of an evening and yet again was let down as nothing was on...and when I say nothing I mean nothing! This meant we had two options for the evening...1.stay in and watch TV in our room or 2. Go to Naama Bay.
    Our nights out to the famous Naama Bay was an even bigger shock to the system...we was warned from friends about the hassle we would receive from the workers their so it wasn’t a total surprise but I noticed we got a lot more negative attention than others. As well as the usual "swap you wife for a camel" comments my girlfriend was constantly being approached and on one occasion was spat at by a group of men and on another was grabbed by her wrist, one night I calculated we were hassled every 4 meters along the main strip, that may not seem a lot but trust me after a short while of not being able to hold a conversation it gets very annoying!

Aswell as Delta Sharm being dirty and unprofessional we found the Egyptian people absolutely horrible...I am aware this is a very strong statement to make but in our 7 day trip we met in total just 3 nice Egyptian people. My girlfriend had a horrid time for no reason at all...the only thing we could come up with was because she is black...the women pointed and made comments and gestures and the men basically undressed her with their eyes...Each time we left the studio i automatically felt as though I could get into a fight with any Egyptian man due to their behaviour...in fact its fair to say that if it had been in the UK I am sure I would have.

We spent one day at the beach and yet again received rude remarks and looks from Egyptians, we found an abundance of rubbish in the sand and sea as well as a used needle which washed up next to us...our time spent in the water was also just as bad...we hired a pedalo for some privacy only be hassled by Egyptians on their boat...we also went for a swim and was spat at yet again in the water...I am not talking water being spat, this guy purposely coughed up flem and spat in our direction!

Overall we found nothing good about Delta Sharm and it kills me to say nothing good about the people of Egypt. I was a big fan of their history as a child and Egypt was always on my bucket list, never in my life did I expect to experience anything what we did!

Unique Quality: Nothing good to report about this place.

• the great resort

the resort its self was very good,but getting to it from the airport was very bad(1hr40mins)with all the drop offs. make sure that you catch the 9am shuttle bus if going to the beach to get the best sun loungers.a must to do when there, is go and see carole and gomaa at caroles 24hr cafe,which is situated at the front of the resort.we booked all of our sightseeing trips with them.(a lot cheaper than the hotel rep.)

Unique Quality: pools are numurous and very clean.the complex has24hr sercurity,all rooms have their own safes. the staff are very helpful.

• Saladinos's Profile Photo

The Best choice for a family or group of friends

I like this place. I went there in a hight season and couldnt believe the good deal I got there so I enjoyed it big time.

Unique Quality: You get a big size room with a small kitchen, a balcony, small living area fully equipped. It can accomodate 3 persons. There are swimming pools and all services you might need are around you. internet cafes, supermarkets, etc...

• miman's Profile Photo

Nice beach

The beach at the Fayrouz is increadibly clean, and service with a smile at all times. There has been an increase in security over the last few years understandably, but this is as unintrusive as possible, although we did see non residents being asked to leave the beach area. The beach is right on your doorstep, masses of room and towels provided every day. Menus available by each umberella, turn it over when you want to order something, and someone arrives

Unique Quality: You only have to walk into the water to see loads of fish, one plea, (well two actually) please do not be tempted to feed them, the ecosystem in the Red sea in a delicate state and the coral and fish very precious, also please don't walk on the coral, as this kills it, and by default kills all those lovely fish you have come to see.

More about Delta Sharm Resort

self catering in sharm

by sunnyholidays about Delta Sharm

We stayed in a 3 bed apartment on Delta Sharm which we found through holidaylettings.co.uk.
The apartment was spacious and clean with bedding and towels provided as was towel cards for 1 of the 6 swimming pools we were able to use.

There were supermarkets, cafes, chemist and internet cafes and places to eat all on the complex. The complex was very clean with 24hour security.

this artist will be famous

by nickolas0 about Galleria del mare

I found out this litle shop inside Delta Sharm Resort, The pictures are made by Josiane an Italian artist (really beautifull) living in sharm. Go to have a look, you will like the pictures and the artist...
Josiane hosts her art exhibitions in Sharm el Sheikh, at the Seamax Diving Center and at Delta Sharm Resort @ Pool G2 painting it dipends on the picture size

Cheap, Clean, and Comfortable!

by mtcowgirl about Cataract Sharm Resort

I stayed in Na'am Bay at the Cataract Hotel in March 2005.

The rooms were simple, very comfortable, and very affordable compared to other resorts around town. Since all we needed was a clean room and a good night's sleep, the hotel was perfect.

The room rate when I stayed was 35 Euros/night including breakfast.

Breakfast was a bit unimaginative, basically the same every morning with boiled eggs, croissiants, cheese & meat slices, and fresh cucumbers/tomatos.

If you are looking for a luxury hotel, the Cataract is not for you...but if you are just looking for a clean and comfortable room, the hotel definitely fits the bill :) The coolest part of the hotel was that the staff left really neat little towel creations on our beds almost every day.

There is a large pool in the courtyard of the hotel.

I heard some people complaining in the lobby of the noise in the rooms located near the Hard Rock Cafe but neither I nor my friend heard a thing while we were there...could just be we were tired after diving?!

Not Great.

by TripAdvisor Member Abir81

I booked this directly with the owner of the Apartment. The apartment was lovely, clean, spacious 2 bed ground floor.

This was the first time i stayed in a place like this, its not a hotel its more set out like a Butlins/Pontins type of place. Majority of the apartments are priavtly owned by ppl working out there, egyptians who time share etc..

Althought there are plenty of swimming pools and its def clean area, beautiful scenory,its very large and quite green. You feel quite out of sharm being in this resort of Delta Sharm. It felt more the Monteza at Ismaleya (sorry about the spelling)

The pool area's were very quite, no music, no entertainment, no kids club etc.

The shops seemed quite run down and not the usual standard for Sharm, more what u expect to see in Cairo.

After staying here for a week which i originally booked i went and stayed at the Sultan Gardens which was heaven.

I think Delta Sharm would be ideal for those who are looking for a quite holiday, no music, no atmospher just somewhere to escape and perhaps read a book. This wasnt the place for me, i went with my partner our 18month old daughter, my 18yr old brother and his girlfriend and my 15yr old sister and her friend.

Great accomodation but....

by TripAdvisor Member John01Lancashire

Having stayed at Delta Sharm very recently Apr '08 I would first of all like to say that the accomodation is brilliant. We stayed in a studio booked through a website though a lot of the accomodation is privately owned and rented out. We were also All-Inclusive which I understand is new to Delta Sharm since Jan '08.

The location of Delta is great, half way between Naama Bay and Old Sharm which are both well worth a visit. Only 10mins in a taxi which should cost you no more than a couple of pounds to either so make sure you barter with the taxi drivers as they will try and charge you more.

Anyway, back to Delta resort. Now my main gripe with the place is that the food is average, not much choice and a bit greasy. The service is also slow and getting a drink well that is another matter! You get small plastic glasses no matter if your on wine, beer or whatever and this feels like they are being stingy. You don't feel you are getting the service you paid for and that they are reluctant to give you more alcohol when you go back to the bar. They say the plastic glasses are for health and safety reasons but when people pay for the drinks who are not all-inclusive they get bottles, bigger glasses etc so that is untrue.

Some nice things to mention are the many swimming pools at Delta (about 13 I think!) inc 1 warm pool which are very clean and maintained, the grounds are immaculately maintained and every couple of days or so the rooms have a romantic pattern of towels placed on the beds. However beware of being left with no toilet roll on a regular basis!

Overall I would say I would recommend Delta but not as part of the all-inclusive package.

Good but not the best for all inclusives.

by TripAdvisor Member sarahthrelfall

Tripadviser helped me and my partner choose are hotel so i am here to write a true review on this hotel. The delta sharm is a very clean and tidy hotel with fantastic rooms and pools. The only fault with the pools is that although they had 12 pools only 3 were acessable. The food was okay if you want to slim out, were all me and my partner ate for a week was pasta,rice and salad.There wasnt a great selection of food available but the snacks were the best meals of the day. We went all inclusive and alot of the poeple who were on holiday there were not satisfied with the service. It is very difficult to get drinks especially alcoholic drinks. You had to get a waiters attention which sometimes proved difficult,order your drinks and wait quite some time to get them and when they did they were unberleivably small portions. I myself got a glass of white wine which was served in a tumbaler and bearly reached half way up. Also there is no night life or emtertainment within the hotel so youhave to seek this off the premasis. I dont want to sound like i am slagging the delta off to much because apart from the food and entertainment we had an amazing first holiday as a couple. i would advise this resort to families just wanting to get away for a quiet week or so. i hope thsi review helps you.

Great Complex, excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member laus211

Just returned on Monday from Sharm and had an excellent experience in Delta Sharm. We booked our accomodation through Holiday Lettings and the apartment was excellent - clean and very well equipped.

The complex was kept really clean and the grounds are exceptionally well maintained with gardeners constantly tending them. Security staff are very visible, we had one right outside the apartment door. We found all members of staff to be friendly and helpful - regardless of tipping.

Our youngest son caught an ear infection and the medical staff were lovely when dealing with him. We also left our camera (husband's pride and joy - worth quite a lot of money) at Friends restaurant and it was handed in by a member of staff which really impressed us.

The pools were excellent, we tried 4-5 of them but settled on the main pool most days.

The food from the restaurant was lovely, only complaint was that it was served a bit cold sometimes. We also tried home deliveries from several places which were all great, especially the Italian La Favola.

My only gripe would be having to pay for towels for the beach- with a party of five it wasn't cheap. Didn't think much of Terrazina beach as there was no coral nearby, Delta beach was much better for snorkelling.

We used the taxi service outside the complex which was 50p dearer than the local taxis but you could phone them when you were ready to be collected from Naama Bay and they would come for you and drive you right to the apartment door.

Be aware that the supermarkets in the complex do not sell alcohol (no idea why). We founf Zaza (I think that what it was called) supermarket to be the cheapest.

I would definately recommend this complex for your holiday.

Delta Sharm Al SheikhDelta Sharm Al Sheikh

delta sharm resort

by kayandbob

we are going to the delta sharm resort in september as a party of 5, can anybody give us any info on the resort, what the rooms are like, where the best places to go, and where to go shopping without getting to much hassle, we have been to egypt before but only done the nile cruise for 1 week, is it safe to hire a car and what are the costs? thanks, any info would be appreciated

Re: delta sharm resort

by Court94403

I know people who have stayed there I have gotten mixed reviews, some say it is ok, some felt it could have been a little better. No one had any really bad things to say about it, so I guess you could say if you are extremely fussy about hotels, stay somewhere else. The only place you can really go for shopping is Naama Bay, just know you are in Egypt wherever you go you will get some kind of hustle/hassle. Keep in mind that you will have to bargain, don't go for the first price they offer. You can get a driver from the hotel to take you by car very inexpensively, most of the resort hotels have mini-vans that travel to and from Naama Bay all day. If you really want go somewhere else other than Naama Bay, ask the hotel about hiring someone to drive you to Dahab another town not too far from Sharm. About 80 km North of Sharm.

Re: delta sharm resort

by Pharohtemo

Delta sharm is a resort more than a hotel and it contains a lot of owned villas and avlaible flats for rental.
the resort contains many resturants and about 8 swimming pools (maybe more) it contains also some stores for selling many things so u can use these stores in urgent matter such as buying water or cigarettes and much more with same prices of the market.
if u wanted to go shopping then u are in the middle of the way to both (Naema bay and the old market) u can take a Taxi from there and it will cost u maximum 4$ for each of these places.
u have to visit both places to know what will u need and where will u buy it.
the resort is not by the sea, they use a nice beach in Naema bay, i loved it :)
have a nice stay