Delta Sharm Resort

Tags

Beaches Museum Visits Family Travel
See Amenities

Nightmare Complex!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2011

I know this review is long but please take the time to read before you book with Delta Sharm!

My girlfriend & me decided to book Delta Sharm (All inclusive) for our first holiday together this year. I have so many bad things to report about this place I am sure I will have to write multiple reviews so here goes....

The first night we got to the hotel we arrived firstly to a studio room with 2 single beds (rather than the double bed we booked)...alls the staff done was tell us to push them together then rather rudely left. We decided to get on with things and went for food around 9pm in the family restaurant...the food didn’t look great but we helped ourselves and grabbed a seat to order our drinks without any ice...5 minutes later the drinks came back with ice in so we promptly returned them...as the waiter took them back my girlfriend decided to get some pasta as she didn’t like her food...as walking past the kitchen she saw the waiter put his hands into our drinks and remove the ice...he then served them to our table once again! We decided to leave and get food outside the complex after what we witnessed so off to Naama Bay we went (which i will touch upon later). When we finally arrived back at Delta Sharm we nipped to the supermarket for snacks...as we approached the shops on the very dark and sinister complex (around 11pm) we were welcomed by gangs of Egyptian men aimlessly hanging around starring, pointing and making comments towards me and my girlfriend...who at this point crushing my hand as she was that intimidated.
Once in the shop we had the very same welcome from the staff working the counters so we paid and left for our room right away. On the way back we got lost with it being our first night so we decided to ask security for directions...the guard replied in gibberish saying he speaks no English (this guy a few days later had a short conversation with me in English!) so we had to struggle along and find our studio ourselves on a very big complex. We decided to call it a night and approach the next day with a fresh head.
The morning after we decided to go for breakfast and give the food another try so we set off and to our embarrassment again got slightly lost...this time we approached a member of staff behind the pool bar...he again replied in gibberish very rudely and walked away laughing! At this point my blood started to boil but again I kept it together as the last thing i wanted to do was get into an argument whilst away.We finally found the breakfast bar and again to our shock the food was left uncovered with flies nesting on some random boiled eggs and croissants...Again we decided to look elsewhere for food so off we went to the complex’s shops and to our surprise found a small cafe called “Carloes Café”. This cafe turned out to be the only realistic option for food at Delta Sharm and strangly enough the only place that treated us with any respect! Yet as the cafe was ran separate to Delta Sharm we had to pay for everything
In the afternoon we went to our pool for a swim and some all inclusive drinks and snacks at the bar. We set up camp on our sun beds and took a dip...as we sat at the bar we noticed how dirty the glasses were but I assumed they were put aside to be washed...i was wrong! The bar man simply rinsed a random glass someone had returned and poured our drinks...we only had an option of their own stellar beer, a selection of around 5 shorts, an option of two soft drinks and no snacks at all. That was as good as Delta Sharm gets! Yet there were other faults with the pool and bar such as the staff approaching young English girls when left alone, staff spitting onto the pools water fountain and a number of objects found at the bottom of the pool.
As advertised we expected some form of entertainment of an evening and yet again was let down as nothing was on...and when I say nothing I mean nothing! This meant we had two options for the evening...1.stay in and watch TV in our room or 2. Go to Naama Bay.
Our nights out to the famous Naama Bay was an even bigger shock to the system...we was warned from friends about the hassle we would receive from the workers their so it wasn’t a total surprise but I noticed we got a lot more negative attention than others. As well as the usual "swap you wife for a camel" comments my girlfriend was constantly being approached and on one occasion was spat at by a group of men and on another was grabbed by her wrist, one night I calculated we were hassled every 4 meters along the main strip, that may not seem a lot but trust me after a short while of not being able to hold a conversation it gets very annoying!

Aswell as Delta Sharm being dirty and unprofessional we found the Egyptian people absolutely horrible...I am aware this is a very strong statement to make but in our 7 day trip we met in total just 3 nice Egyptian people. My girlfriend had a horrid time for no reason at all...the only thing we could come up with was because she is black...the women pointed and made comments and gestures and the men basically undressed her with their eyes...Each time we left the studio i automatically felt as though I could get into a fight with any Egyptian man due to their behaviour...in fact its fair to say that if it had been in the UK I am sure I would have.

We spent one day at the beach and yet again received rude remarks and looks from Egyptians, we found an abundance of rubbish in the sand and sea as well as a used needle which washed up next to us...our time spent in the water was also just as bad...we hired a pedalo for some privacy only be hassled by Egyptians on their boat...we also went for a swim and was spat at yet again in the water...I am not talking water being spat, this guy purposely coughed up flem and spat in our direction!

Overall we found nothing good about Delta Sharm and it kills me to say nothing good about the people of Egypt. I was a big fan of their history as a child and Egypt was always on my bucket list, never in my life did I expect to experience anything what we did!

Unique Quality: Nothing good to report about this place.

the great resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 6, 2009

the resort its self was very good,but getting to it from the airport was very bad(1hr40mins)with all the drop offs. make sure that you catch the 9am shuttle bus if going to the beach to get the best sun loungers.a must to do when there, is go and see carole and gomaa at caroles 24hr cafe,which is situated at the front of the resort.we booked all of our sightseeing trips with them.(a lot cheaper than the hotel rep.)

Unique Quality: pools are numurous and very clean.the complex has24hr sercurity,all rooms have their own safes. the staff are very helpful.

Saladinos's Profile Photo

The Best choice for a family or group of friends

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 17, 2006

I like this place. I went there in a hight season and couldnt believe the good deal I got there so I enjoyed it big time.

Unique Quality: You get a big size room with a small kitchen, a balcony, small living area fully equipped. It can accomodate 3 persons. There are swimming pools and all services you might need are around you. internet cafes, supermarkets, etc...

miman's Profile Photo

Nice beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 19, 2004

The beach at the Fayrouz is increadibly clean, and service with a smile at all times. There has been an increase in security over the last few years understandably, but this is as unintrusive as possible, although we did see non residents being asked to leave the beach area. The beach is right on your doorstep, masses of room and towels provided every day. Menus available by each umberella, turn it over when you want to order something, and someone arrives

Unique Quality: You only have to walk into the water to see loads of fish, one plea, (well two actually) please do not be tempted to feed them, the ecosystem in the Red sea in a delicate state and the coral and fish very precious, also please don't walk on the coral, as this kills it, and by default kills all those lovely fish you have come to see.

Nearby Delta Sharm Resort

Delta Sharm Resort

• Delta Sharm Egypt
  • Delta Sharm El-sheikh
  • Sharm El-sheikh Delta
  • Delta Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh

Address: Um El Seed, Main Road & El Tower Rd, Hay El Nour, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

2 Photos of Delta Sharm Resort

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Sharm El Sheikh Travel Forum

Need advice about Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Sharm El Sheikh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sharm El Sheikh hotel reviews

Public Beach
Palmanova
It is raining in Sharm El Sheikh
Off The Beaten Path
Brilliant restaurant in Hadaba.
Big Mall