Whether you're single or have a family, I CANNOT recommend staying at Domina Sharm El Sheikh. My reasons are:
1) It has NO transportation provided to get to downtown (Private taxis are $6 each way);
2) We found a maggot in our room service sandwich-YUCK;
3) A minimum of $30 per person is charged for every mediocre meal eaten on the compound (though breakfast is complimentary);
4) The resort has an "organic" farm; however, I didn't see that any of the vegetables were being used in the restaurants;
5) The resort goes on "Domina Time," which is a ridiculous one hour past the real time in Sharm. Perhaps they are trying to match their assinine slogan of "We're making Domina better than Dubai"?;
6) The domina resort is an over-developed maze of indishdinguishable buildings built on acres and acres of land; waiting for the open-air bus (Taf Taf 2) and getting to one's destination on the resort takes anywhere from 12-20 minutes. That's 20 minutes you can't afford to lose if you're trying to get to the free breakfast buffet before it closes at 9:30am (10:30am "Domina Time"). Walking to get around the resort means many hills, stairs, and requires a VERY good sense of direction;
7) I asked for a bed bigger than twin-size and got a cheap double mattress slapped on top of the two uneven twin frames already in my room. Lovely.
One the bright side, Domina is right on the ocean and does have a coral reef on its property (just beware of jellyfish that the staff swear are harmless but do sting quite badly). The rooms were very clean, though the mattresses weren't exactly the most comfortable. The staff, if they're not ignoring you, can also be quite nice and helpful.
Overall, I recommend staying someplace else that's all-inclusive, and has better transportation. I had to walk my bags from the reception all the way to the front gates of the resort because no Taf Taf happened to be driving around at that time. The perfect conclusion to a VERY frustrating vacation!
Unique Quality: Domina is right on the ocean and does have a coral reef on its property (just beware of jellyfish that the staff swear are harmless but do sting quite badly).
Directions: 10 minutes by taxi to downtown
It was a 1rst trip to sharm it was magnificent...it's a complete resort with everything you don't even want to get out of there to do something else u can find everything even a barber shop for example. It's too big that u needs a car (taf taf) to pass from a building to another or from room to restaurant I adored the stay and recommended it for everybody.
Directions: the adress is above
actually i love Domina coral bay its one of the greatest resort i stayed in Sharm ,its a 5stars resort located in Sheikh coast,and it has a very special design
Unique Quality: it has a gr8 service ,animation,theatre,bars,and parties,and its design is really amazing
We have just returned from the Domina Coral Bay OASIS on Thursday, 22Sept,2005 after a week there and were not really impressed at all with the hotel.
Upon arrival we were given a map of the complex and did we need it, it is huge.On the map the Oasis was described as a '5 star economy'. That is a exageration of the truth as it is a 3 star at most,thats if i was generous!
The rooms were of a decent standard, but never could be classed as 5star ,although they were kept clean.
The food was poor,so bad in fact after day 3 we ate out rather than endure the poor standard on offer.
The prices of everything in the shops were also significantly higher than anywhere else in Naama Bay.
Prior to going I had a knee operation and partially booked the hotel for the fitness equipment on offer.At no point did it say there would be a fee. Well there was, the hotel wanted 20 euro's per day!!
It didn't help with the location of our apartments ,although they were near to the reception,we had to endure a half mile walk to the pool each day,uphill on the way back,this route not being covered by the 'taf-taf' buses that drove round the complex.
Also we were told we could use any of the pools,again a slight untruth ,the one next to our apartment was for use of kings lake residents only,even though it was always empty!
Would I go again?
ONLY if i could get an upgrade to a sultan or kings lake suite, otherwise no!
Domina is one of the largest and best hotel series in Sharm.
It consists of 5 section of hotels.
all of them are 5 stars,the best one is Domia Prestigue.
the service itself is very good maybe excellent.
the food quality is great so.
the biggest problem of Domina that its very expensive 180$ and higher.
Hi i am booked to stay at the Domina Coral Bay Oasis can anyone tell me anything about this hotel as i know very little about it ???
Is this hotel far from the nearest town ?what is the nearest town called, and is there much to do in town such as bars and restaraunts, also are there ant bars with sky sports as i will be there for the start of the premier league season
Hi steve, yes you'll be next to Namaa bay thats the main spot there and as a great night life a lot of the bars have premier and champion footy on there is one called the bus stop i think cant miss it in the middle of the main street with a london bus outside they show all the games. its also a good night club after.
cheers mate can you tell me anything else about the town, is it safe and freindly ? how is the beer prices what is the best bar to head for, do you know the hotel domina coral bay oasis
Gardens Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt
Ras Nosrani, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 46619, Egypt
Shark's Bay, (formerly Holiday Inn Sultan Gardens), Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 111, Egypt
Sharm El Maya Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt
Latest Sharm El Sheikh hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Marsa El Dekhela, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 46619, Egypt