Um El Sid Cliff, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Dreams Vacation Resort

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member zara01

Just got back from Egypt, stayed at Dreams Vacation. Had a fantastic time bearing in mind i had three children with me age 6, 9 and 12! The hotel was very clean and the staff were terrific. The staff were really nice and friendly and they would go out of their way to talk to the children.
The only downfall was the pools as they were cold and we had to use the heated pool at the sister hotel dreams beach.
I was surprised how safe i felt in Sharm al Sheikh, there is alot of security-but at the end of the day its for our benefit.

expected a lot more

by TripAdvisor Member gladtobeback

The Dreams Vacation is not a 4star hotel by British standards more like a 3star the rooms are a little tired and in need of a referb, there is a big problem with pigon's (yes pigons) there all over the hotel and they nest in the roof and poo all over the place, some of the maids (all men) do clean outside but unless you phone reception and complain then they do not clean outside.

There were eight in our party and all apart from my 13 year old son were poorly they say at the welcome meeting to drink lots of water as dehydration is the cause , we drank about 3litres a day each and were still bad.

Eating at the Dreams Vacation 's buffet resteraunt is a bit boring but do visit the mexican (£9 per person) the food is lovely.

On arrival you will get your wrist bands my we had a fourteen year old daughter and a 15 year old daughter our 14 year old got a child band and 15 year old got an adult one so was able to get alcohol form the bar we did ask for a childs band for our 15 year old but they would not give us one.

The Dreams Vacation and Beach are a bit out of the way so if you like to have a walk about and explore surounding areas this is out of the question i felt very isolated and enclosed on my stay here.If you want to go to Naama Bay or Old Sharm you will have to get a taxi £7 round trip with hotel taxi ,cheaper if you get the blue and white taxi but you have to haggle and they drive like mad men.

The alcohol here is a bit confusing as the whisky tastes like bacardi the bacardi tastes like gin and the gin tastes like vodka and the vodka has a taste of its own also the coke is very high in sugar if you ask for a diet coke then they just add water to the coke.

Quad biking is a must we booked with a company based in the Naama shopping centre they are fully insured and pick you up from the hotel and they have to let the hotel know where you are going and what time you will be back , we haggled with the price and paid £10 per person for a single quad and £13 for a double, when you stop in the desert there are young children there selling wrist bands they have no shoes on and look very poor £1 for a band so make sure you take coins.

At the hotel there is a towel shed where you get a fresh towel for around the pool (free) so no heavy beach towels to take with you you can also take these to the beach .

The beach is lovely but very hot the walkway to the water is very slippy so make sure you pack your swim shoes also if you are going snorkling buy your snorkles at home or in Naama bay as they charge £15 a set in the hotel. at the bottom of the walkway there is a set of steps to get into the water which is about 3m deep so no good for small childeren but it is a must for adults even if you are a bit scared just to see all the lovely coloured fish they don't bite.

All in all we had an ok holiday and unless your willing to spend a fortune on excursions you could be anywhere in the world as Sharm is built to house tourists and is not the real Egypt..

Sometimes I wonder if people have been to the same hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Femaletraveller_8

We have just returned from 10 days in the Dreams Vacations Hotel in Sharm and can only say that ok it was alright for a break in the sun.
We have been to Egypt twice before, both times on the RA11 boat on the Nile cruise which I can thoroughly recommend and are very widely travelled, having stayed in the best of hotels in Dubai, Mexico and USA to name but a few.
Unfortunately Dreams Vacations will not be added to that list.
It is an impressive place. decor wise and I must say extremely clean. Also the staff are customer care trained to the very highest standard.
The bedrooms are cleaned thoroughly daily although the towels which are clean every day resemble something you would clean your floor with.
The pigeons are a nuisance and I would suggest an on site falconer to get rid of them.
My main problem was with the food. The main buffet restaurant provides food three times day but is very repetitious and the cooked food which is in open containers, not a good idea considering the flies, does not look or taste appetising. We ate mostly soup, bread and salad over ten days.
Considering that a good 90% of clients were from the Eastern bloc countiries, Russia, Albania etc and who ate as if any moment there was to be a food famine, I think that the food was prepared with them in mind.
However we did eat at some of the other restaurants where the food was of a much higher standard - the Mexican and Grill House for instance.
Being all inclusive it is good to have a plentiful and good choice of alcohol. Forget that! lager beer ok, white and red wine reasonable. but the gin, whisky and brandy in no way resemble what they should resemble and cocktails numbered two - non-alcoholic and alcoholic. No good asking for a Tequila Sunrise here!!
All in all, we enjoyed the rest and the hot sun and there are some good trips to take around the hotel, but value for money or luxury, no way!!!

Depends of your expectations of Egypt

by TripAdvisor Member Diversparadise

I have just booked to return to this Resort with friends that we went with back in March/April. We have booked to go for two weeks in October. We found that if you are there when the restuarants open for your meals they are hot and not luke warm. You can obviously have meals from the counters which serve freshly cooked food ie pancakes and omlettes for breakfast cooked fresh, pasta dishes and pizza cooked fresh. The food is slightly repetitive but bearing in mind they are catering for all tastes at each sitting there is plenty to choose from and I believe that you do not have to have repetitive meals. The good thing about this resort is that you can choose from several restuarants providing you book in advance. The rooms are clean and tidy and the resort is also kept clean. The thing that appealed to us mostly was the fact that the swimming pools are kept crystal clear and we weren't worried about getting in them!!!!!!!! We don't have any worries about returning and are looking forward to another sunsoaked holiday in October!!!!!

Poor Service from the jewellry shop located at this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sunseekerMerseyside

Stayed at this hotel in June this year.Hotel was clean and the room pleasant enough after requesting a move from a room situated next to the children's swimming pool. Entertainment very poor in the evening and considering the hotel explicitly stated that there was a dress code in the dining room during the evening it was not enforced.Ths hotel was quite a way from the beach but a little tram service was avaiable for part of the day. The diving was absolutely suberb and the diving centre at the hotel was second to none, The boat trip was fantastic very well organised and safety of paramount importance. My complaint more than anything surrounds the gold jewellry shop situated in this hotel, very pleasant whilst trying to make a sale. I bought a ring whilst staying there and upon my return home noticed a fault, I only picked the ring up about an hour before we left as it had to be made smaller. I contacted the guy I had bought the ring off by e-mail. Initially was very helpful but after almost three months, no further forward. If you want to know all the details contact me.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member cherrired

I loved it, the staff were great they made it for me. There is entertainment if you want it and the team "chico and the gang" are brill. Food is plentyfull and you can use the sister hotel for a nice change just jump on the "Taff Taff" no it's not a welshman's back, it's a little mini bus sort of van thing, which takes you to reception or to the beach. The beach is quite a walk away especially in the heat, but it's a must !! 'cos the fish are amazing you're not likely to see them in Porthcawl or Blackpool!! Drink is limited as regards to what is available, not how much you can drink, Larger, Vodka, Whisky and Rum but there is no lime or Blackcurrent so take you own if you like it with your alchol, there's a 24hr bar in reception lobby, but you really don't want a hangover in all that heat!!!! Room and the service are great and I would def. go back 10/10 all round. This is a different type of hoilday if you're looking for Spain then stick to Spain.

great

by TripAdvisor Member sarah2709

this hotel is great i would honestly say to all people who read bad reviews about it IGNORE THEM some people just can not be satisfied this hotel is fab, yes you do have to book to go to 3 restaurants but there is no problems getting in and in the main restaurant L`OPERA the food is superb, they have 4 theme nights a week and the other 3 are international foods, there are 9 pools to use the only down side is the beach but if you know egypt then not many hotels have a PROPER beach this is due to the wonderful sea life , the room my husband and i had was huge easily could of had another single if not 2 in there, cleaners work all day long, staff are very friendly and helpful. so please ignore bad reviews about this hotel, i nearly let it change my mind about going to this hotel but i am SO glad i didnt, to everyone who is going ENJOY
sarah

A great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member geoff3361

i stayed here in Feb this year with my wife for 10 days, and will be going back with 3 teenage kids in july next year. This was our second trip to Egypt as we did a nile cruise and week in Hurghada last year, which was fantastic.

Only stayed in Sharm because we wanted to see Pyramids, Sphinx, and cairo museum which were amazing, even though cairo is a dump!!. The hotel,food, and location are absolutely fine, their is nothing wrong with any of them, which is why i have no hesitation taking my kids there next year.
Naama bay is great for shopping, eating , and nightlife, but the snorkelling is out of this world.

If you want to take any trips go to Mido at the dreams beach, he is normally situated by the towel hut at the pool opposite the bedouin area our cairo trip cost £90 each (flying) plus a cracking trip to Dolphinella which is only 10 mins from hotel £45 each where you swim with dolphins - amazing!!

Trips booked through holiday reps are more expensive, and they use the same people, they go on about insurance and stuff but its nonsense.

This is a great area to visit for a holiday, no matter where you stay.

Sharm, Sun & Sand

by tissie

"Going to Sharm"

I have just returned from a great week of sunbathing, snorkelling and generally relaxing in Sharm El Sheikh.

I was a bit worried before I went but I just wanted to say how useful VT has been with researching and planning the trip. And I also wanted to say - the terrorists won't win and I feel we must, as responsible travellers, travel to and support people in the places that have been attacked or threatened. Anyway, the recent bombings didn't put us off travelling, in fact we were even more determined.

We took a Thomson all-inclusive package so we were mollycoddled and taken care of (security guards on the coach excursions etc) but this made the holiday easy and relaxing which it might not have been if we, two women alone, were travelling independently.

I hope these pictures and tips will both reassure you and inspire you.

"Charming people"

Still feeling a bit weary as we had a longer than usual flight home (6 hours) and then a three-hour drive after that. I need a holiday!!

As I said above, we stayed on Thomson package and I was very pleasantly surprised. We even went on some Thomson excursions and I would recommend them to anyone. Yes, they were a bit more expensive than independent companies but every aspect of them was good - all security taken care of, very knowledgeable guides, air-conditioned coaches with toilets etc etc.

The Egyptian people we met were lovely. I could be cynical and say they would be as they were trying to sell something, get a tip etc but I don't think that is fair. They were helpful, friendly and generous, and their command of English (and usually several other languages) really puts UK tourists to shame. I learned a few simple words in Arabic which was appreciated but without their skills in English I would have missed out on a lot. Being Western it was initially strange to be dealing with men all the time - the hotel receptionist, the chamber"maid", the waiters etc etc but I soon came to understand the culture that allows women to be at home and cared for.

We stayed in the Dreams Vacation Resort in Sharm - highly recommended.

"Shopping for bargains"

You'll all know you are expected to haggle over the price of anything you want to buy in Sharm and the surrounding area but the shopkeepers we met in Dahab are one step ahead of us.

They were all trying to entice us into their shops to look at their lovely gifts, spices or whatever but then one guy launched into a great sales pitch:

"Buy one, get one free....it's ASDA price!"

Well, what can you do?!!

Work educational

by mickeyjane1

"4 nights in gorgeous sunshine"

I went to Sharm June last year, I was lucky enough to have been offered it as an "educational" just a few weeks after starting for First Choice Holidays.

Myself and another colleague met up with some staff from Thomson and spent a lovely 4 nights at the Dreams Vacation Hotel.

Whilst in Sharm we visited Naama Bay, and also had a boat trip on the Red Sea which was glorious. Would definitely recommend the boat trip.

Dreams Vacation - main poolDreams Vacation - main pool

by MaryKate261191

Flying out from Manchester on monday 17th july, anybody else going?
Also does anybody have any idea of how long it takes to get from the airport to dreams vacation resort???
thanks x

RE: Dreams Vacation Resort

by mr.small

Dreams vacation resort is in the Ras Um Sid part of Sharm so should not take more than 15 min to get there if you do not stop to drop other people off on the way.

by MaryKate261191

Thanks. That sounds ok then :)

dreams vacation resort

by sharonhicks

Hi, I am booked into the dreams vacation resort in sharm el sheikh for two weeks all inclusive but can not find any information on it, has anyone stayed there and can tell me what it was like,any do's and dont,s Thanks

RE: dreams vacation resort

by guthrumktc

HI Sharon,
Go to Holidays Uncovered, on your computer and you will find some reviews for this hotel.
Cheers Kevin

RE: RE: dreams vacation resort

by sharonhicks

Thanks for your help kevin. Sharon

RE: RE: dreams vacation resort

by down_under

i am so jealous!!! i want to go to Sharm El Sheikh nowwwww.. well i hope u all enjoy it!

by Heathxx

Hello, I cant decide whether to book the dreams vacation or dreams beach resort for september, the dreams vacation is about £100 cheaper. Does anyone know if you stay at the dreams vacation all inclusive, whether you can use the restaurants and bars in the dreams beach resort on an all inclusive basis too? From what I can gather the dreams vacation is nicer, cleaner and has a better pool...but the restaurants and evening entertainment is better in the dreams beach. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

RE: Dreams Vacation Resort

by Amrou

Hi
If you book in the Dream Vacation on a all inclusive basis...you have to use their restaurents and bars .

by Heathxx

Hi, have you stayed there? I have just read the reviews on the thomson web site and they say that you can use the facilities at both hotels - I have booked now and am a bit worried il be confined the Vacation as I was under the impression from thomsons that I could use the bars and restaurants at the Beach?

by alex1983

Hi

I have booked to go to the Dreams Vacation resort in june. I was just wondering how you got on with it. Can you use the facilities at both the hotels?? What was it like in general?

Thanks