Neama Bay Heights, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Eden Rock Hotel - Neama Bay

The waiter getting it goingThe waiter getting it going

Main stageMain stage

Brake to tea in desertBrake to tea in desert

Road west of SerabitRoad west of Serabit

Gluten Free

by jeanian

Hi to you all,
I have coeliac disease which means I have to adhere to a strict gluten free diet. I plan on going to Eden Rock Hotel in December half board but not booked yet! I have emailed them re food but no reply yet, does anyone know where I can safely eat gluten free in Naama bay? any advice would be much appreciated.

jean x

Re: Gluten Free

by egy_lover

hi, I dunno specifically where u can find gluten free foods...but just take care and read the ingredients of everything...of course u know ice-cream and ketchup are not allowed so take care...and u can ask for maize derivatives instead of wheat

i hope some1 can help u better

Re: Gluten Free

by jeanian

Thanks for your reply, I guess I will need to learn a few arabic words :)

Travel Tips for Sharm El Sheikh

Prepare for the heat!

by LisaMJ

Ok fellow tourists, you may have heard like us before we left for Sharm, that it might be wise to take a sweater for the evening (we were travelling early May). I'm so glad we didn't bother!

We reckoned that daytime temps must have topped 40 degrees......as you can see from the photo, it was even 32 degrees at 8pm, and that was with a cloudless sky. A cloudless sky usually cools things down a little as there are no clouds keeping the heat in.

This was definately the hottest destination we have visited and you can see from my travel pages where else we have been to compare it to. So, my advice is if you are travelling between April - September, rest assured it will be hot hot hot!!

I am a sun lover and if it wasn't for the lovely breeze, I think I would have struggled in this heat (can't believe I'm saying that!).

Therefore, I would advise you that you are likely to fry during the months of June - September, where temperatures are WAY into the 40's according to our travel rep, Sayed of Cosmos.

One thing that did help us was a true once a day sun protection lotion called Ultrasun, which we got from www.ifsogo.com in the UK. This helped us not to get burned like with other sun lotions we have used in the past where it's easy to forget to reapply it after you come out of the pool, or after a few hours in the sun. With Ultrasun, we applied it once in the morning and then could forget about reapplying for the whole day :-)

Corals' patterns

by pikuu

Egyptian reefs are not only fishes and invertebrates. This is the kingdom of corals. Thousends forms, wonderful colors - they create the magical areas of ready to implement in the "oversea" world: patterns, projects, images.

Shisha pause...

by Tripack

Try the shisha experience. People relax and smoke their shisha (traditional water pipe) while chatting about the experiences of the day. Tobacco for the shisha exists in various flavours, such like apple, strawberry, vanilla... which give a fruity smell and taste. Just smoke it...

Packing list for holiday in Sharm

by belgrade03

Pack some light clothing since the temperatures are very high from the end of April till the end of Sept. Something with long sleeves too if yu get sunburnt. Many people get diarrhea beacuse of the sun, the water and food altogether and there is only some Egyptian pills that will help. They can be bought in every pharmacy and tourist guides always warn people about this problem.
Bring the strongest sun factor cream you can find, the sun in Sharm literally burns. Underwater cameras can be bought in many shops in Naama Bay, but if you have one bring it along since the underwater world is stunning.

Parasailing

by belgrade03

Parasailing must be a truly unique experience, for the brave. I wanted to try it but was afraid of height, speed and the possibility of water impact. An hour of parasailing in Naama Bay costs around 180LE and there is even a chance for two people to go parasailing at the same time for about 250LE. Courage

Comments