Falcon Hills

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Falcon Hills

falcon hills

by TripAdvisor Member dumenelion

We got back on June 22nd. The rooms were very clean and the cleaning man was friendly. TV, fridge, good air conditioning all in perfect working order. One tip would be to take the key off the key ring and put the plastic thingy in the air conditioning all the time as if shuts off when you leave your room.lovely flowers around the building. Staff were excellent and very friendly, Saad in the restaurant was great, the photographer guy was great and the 2 guys behind the bar and at reception were also very nice. We had a great time with the people we met in the hotel. We went all inclusive when we got there and the food was repetive but good ( I came back about a stone heavier, lol, but I'm a grubber and the egyptian potatoes are the best in the world, 'specially the ones they cut into big chips at lunchtime and the bread and desserts were great too ) The entertainment was belly dancers, whirling dervish and a karaoke singer who cracked me up with his pronunciation, MY ANGELL DEEVEENE....I'd go back to this hotel no probs, we got nothing but friendliness, good manners and had no problem with the hygeine.

Small ,Clean and friendly

by nikkinikila01 about Falcon Hills Hotel

I would definatly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a quite relaxing stay in Sharm El sheikh. the staff are friendly, the hotel and grounds are well kept.
it is not in a central location however the hotel provides a shuttle bus to two different beaches.

Viva Sharm Hotel

by susie46 about Viva Sharm ( Falcon Hills )

The Viva Sharm is located across the road from its sister hotel, the Falcon Hills. A small, very friendly hotel with the majority of the rooms based around the swimming pool ( unheated ). Bar area around the poolside. Free towels for the pool / beach area, beach bus departs from the hotel to Sharm Beach and returns twice daily. Courtesy bus also to Naam Bay.

The staff were very friendly, the food is buffet style. Low key evening entertainment, BBQ evenings, small bar area, pool table, internet use. Guests during our stay tended to be either Italian / Russian/ English.

The rooms were large with good storage facilities, the beds were very comfortable, rooms cleaned every day. Room cleaner left us animals on the bed made up from the fresh towels ! Small fridge in the room. Balcony / Terrace for all rooms.

Building / decorations a little tired looking, but a great place to stay. Good value for money.

Once was enough

by TripAdvisor Member LondonRon

I stayed at the Falcon Hills for 1 week and frankly that was enough. I was put in a "single" room (despit being charged a suppliment) which was small and dark with one small window overlooking wasteland. The air conditioning broke down after 1 day and took a further day to get someone to fix it. The breakfast was mildly unpleasent, with the weakest coffee i have ever tasted. The staff were unhelpful to the point of rudeness, and the public areas were generally unwelcomming. I will not be staying there again.

Stick with what you know

by TripAdvisor Member Roselie

We booked this hotel package as a cheaper alternative to our usual hotel (4th time to Sinai) .... this is why I am saying stick with what you know. The hotel reception staff were lovely and friendly and on first inspection thought the hotel looked ok, the reception, bar and restaurant are all in the same area, which we thought was a little strange! We were then allocated our room ... down a long dark corridor with plates, glasses etc left outside rooms with flies having a ball! The room was very very basic with two small single beds (a Z bed was brought for my son after requesting it) these beds were like rock (don't think they had a mattress on them!!). The bathroom was disgusting, mould everywhere - the patio door did not lock properly (on ground floor also) and to be honest felt like a prison cell. Did not feel we could spend the whole 2 weeks here and asked for another room, we were told we could not move rooms.

We promptly telephoned our last hotel and made a further booking to stay there for the fortnight. We lost the money we paid for the Falcon Hills hotel, but it was worth it and a small price to pay for a much more relaxing hotel with basically one more star than the Falcon Hills but by far a more clean, larger and better located, the other side of Naam Bay, where we had a lovely relaxing two weeks.

When we checked out, the staff did not attempt to find out why we had only stayed for an hour and just accepted we wanted to move and did not try to solve any problems. We just told them the hotel was not what we expected!! and booked a taxi to take us to our preferred hotel.

In conclusion, if you have stayed in a hotel you like in Sharm, stick with it, don't try other ones .. don't try to fix what isn't broken. If it's your first time visiting and are staying in this hotel, don't expect luxury (you will be sadly disappointed) it is a very basic hotel with a small pool and grounds, and located on a very dirty street and quite a way from the beach.

5 star staff 3 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ragtacker

We had originally booked for Falcon Viva, on arrival we was told they only had a roadside view room available and was offered an upgrade to the Falcon Hills and a poolside room.

The hotel, staff and the room was excellent and cannot fault it in any way.
The place is imaculately clean, cleaned by an army of cleaners from 06:30 everday.
The pool is cleaned daily and water samples taken daily.
Water temperature is excellent, even at 2am!!

we was based at the small pool end of the complex, only problem was there was no music, so we provided the bar with our cd player and discs, which they was only too happy to oblige.

The food is ok, remember you are in Egypt! they dont do english fry ups!

The staff from Mustapha, Basha, Hasan, Atia and even the tattooist Simon are all very friendly and even the 'photographer' who will attempt to take your picture and sell you photos is ok, if you dont wish to have any photos done just say no and he leaves you alone. If you do get photos DON'T buy individual ones!! wait till the last day and get ALL photos burned on a disc for between 100 - 200 LE ( £10 - 20 ) i got 375 photos on my disc. Sunbathe and enjoy let the photographer do the snapshots for you.

We did tip a few of the staff, they work 12 hour days for 8 LE = 80 pence per day!!!! They work very hard in the heat and are always smiling.

I shall be going back to Falcon Hills, and will be asking for the same room now i know the complex :).

Naama Bay:
Be prepared to haggle for everything, you want bargains they are hear. you will hear 'asda price' ' cheap as chips' ' luvvley jubbly ' just to get your attention, they are all friendly trying to compete and make a living.
There is 2 english type bars here The Tavern and The Camel bar beer cost £1.80 for a half litre bottle.
Bacon butties!! can also be found at the Tavern.

Old Sharm:-
A lot smaller than Naama, and more compact, but if you miss english food there is an english cafe / bar here in the top right corner. Overall i preferred Naama Bay to Old Sharm.

Excursions:- they can cost you various prices depending on who you book with, we did 2 snorkelling trips, one costing £11, the other costing £15, all soft drinks and lunch provided with three dives, The £15 trip was better imo.

Fantasia:- From 19:30 - 01:00, cost £18 all inc. for a 4 course meal and 2 live shows, well worth the visit.

This is hotel has a 5 star staff in a 3 star hotel, enjoy your stay, we did and looking forward to going back.

Paul

Brilliant!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member semmakhan1

I booked my holiday with Thomson and was staying for 7nights B&B with friends. This was my third time in Sharm but first time in falcon Hills hotel.

The hotel is very clean and tidy with standards of cleanliness surprisingly high. I had a twin room with a balcony and view of the main pool. The room was large size with twin beds, fridge, satellite TV with various English speaking channels, fantastic air con and the bathroom had both a bath and shower which were absolutely spotless clean.

The breakfast is fantastic with a great big variety to choose from. Brilliant staff and always available to help. Swimming pools of decent size and very clean pool water. No need to rush in morning as there is always plenty of sun beds to relax on.

The hotel runs buses to 3 near by beaches as well as a bus to Naama bay at night, all free of charge and there are always taxis outside which you can haggle within mins. £1 to old market and £1.50 to Naama bay. The Turquoise Beach was fantastic, never got hassled by any staff, brilliant food served on beach and I never got a bad stomach.

I don’t know why this hotel has many bad reviews it is in a fantastic location, close by to many places, especially the new development El Marcato which only cost £1 in a taxi where there is KFC, MacDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Burger king, Costa Coffee and Star bucks. Not many people are aware of this new development but it is fantastic. Very very clean.

Went on many different excursions and booked them all through a fantastic guy named Taison on Naama Bay. Excellent English and never charged ridiculous prices. Company was Scorpion Safary just ask anybody on Naama Bay and they should be able to show you the office. He works in a Shisha café opposite Hard Rock Cafe. Only person I trusted because in the past it has been stressful booking excursions as they always tried ripping me off.

If people want better than they need to cough up for the Hilton!!!

brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member sonia_cartwright1

how do we start were told awful things about this hotel but what a shock it was brilliant the staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for you abraham made our stay even better ,you do need to tip quite regular but only a few coins get you a long way , if you are a fussy eater like me then not a problem as all restaurants sell steaks and some english food,The people just love the english and will help in any way They do try to get you into there shops but if you say no and walk away they wont bother you . the old town is worth a visit but to much hassle if your a woman, we tended to stay by the pool in the day as far to hot to do anything we will definatly go back to this hotel one of the best for friendliness and cleanliness but would go either earlier in the year or later as it was to hot to do anything

Guess we were one of the unlucky ones...

by TripAdvisor Member budgie_blue

I have read many reviews on this hotel and clearly all rooms/services are not equal at this hotel. Here is an account of our recent experience:
The hotel grounds and pool were nice and clean and on first impressions we were pleased. However, our room was below standard (obviously one of the older if not THE oldest room) and we had to contend with staff shouting and arguing noisily as they took their breaks immediately below our bedroom window, morning noon and night. Exhaustion meant that we managed to sleep in spite of this. NOT what we came on holiday for.
We asked for another room, but were told to wait a few days and ask again. The air conditioning (which was inadequate to start with) then packed in and finally after 2 days of tolerating the stifiling August heat, we were given another room, this time in the new block at the back.
Much cleaner and smarter, however, unfortunately for us the air conditioning in this room was not any better (we checked with other guests and theirs functioned fine so clearly we were doubly unlucky here). There was no other room available to us so my partner spent many a night sleeping outdoors on a sun lounger whilst I just counted the days 'til we could go home.
We paid for All Inclusive and have never experienced such a poor deal. Food consisted of cheap cuts of meat and fish and was very very repetitive, whilst the Bar service was only of use for obtaining bottled water. Wine came in half measures and in the tiniest of glasses, but was so cheap and nasty to taste that this was no hardship really. Only those who were B&B could have bottled beer and so again we had to make do with small glasses which were poured from bottles which were already opened (one bottle was used to serve 2-3 customers). Cocktails were not allowed unless we paid and when my partner went to get a cup of coffee at 10.45am he was told he was not allowed one until 11am unless he paid!
All the people we spoke to got cramps and diarrhoea, ourselves being no exception. The hotel pharmacist charged us £20 each for antibiotics, when the price on the packet read LE5 (approx. 50p). I was in no fit state to complain though and gladly took them, to good effect.
If you're considering this hotel go B&B and make sure you have the back-up of a holiday Rep to support you should you get a room like we did (we had booked independently and my, didn't they know it).
Would we go back? No.

its not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

by TripAdvisor Member getmeoutofhere1

After reading the reviews after booking i thought ---! I was worrying as i was taking my son away for the first time to spent his 4th birthday there.
When we arrived it was about 4.30pm and the pool was in full view of my son who just wanted to get in.the staff was really friendly and took all the case's off us as soon as we walked through the door within 5mins he had shown us our room and my son was in the pool within 15mins of arriving at the hotel. i was shocked that we did not have to wait around at reception for ages.
We had a room at the front of the hotel which led out straight to the pool which was great. the room was quite big i had a cot for my son as i thought it was safer being so close to thepool.like one comment on here it was rock solid with no mattress, but we had spare pillows in our cuboard which fit great. it was very very clean and the cleaner was amazing he made us crodiles,swans ect out of towels on the end of the bed every day.i tipped the cleaner for doing this as the manager does not allow this. After speaking to the people based at the back end of the hotel our rooms were basic as the back end of the hotel is new. Saying that we had no fault with the room we had agood fridge and t.v with better films than you get in the uk.

FOOD the food was good there was always somthing you can eat. i took a 4yr old and he had no problem eating it. there was plenty of people moaning about it but your in a muslem countfy there's no english fry up. You could eat burgers and chips and at breakfast, lunch and dinner there was always fresh food prepared in front of you if you didnt want to eat the buffet.
On my sons birthday they made a right fuss of him they turned out all the lights off sang and chanted and fetched him a cake out i cound'nt of wished for a better birthday for him. there was no charge for this, but as i was so pleased i did tip them.

SWIMMING POOLS both pools were very very clean i watch them clean them each night. my son has swimmers ear so if it was'nt clean he would be the first to get an infection.

STAFF all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Each one loved children so my son had a whale of a time. i felt that my son was very safe in the hotel.

OUTSIDE THE HOTEL

It was a nightmare out side the hotel hassle and myther as soon as you walked out. taxi's veeping and tooting every 2secs. My son having blonde hair was a nightmare we had people running over to us to take his picture every minute. We couldnt go to the beach without a flock of people round him. he loved it at first but by the second week he had had enough and so had i. he'd be crying and they'd still take his picture. i had to move him all the time. he coulnt just play in the sea or sand for 5mins without some one there in his face. They used to tell him if he went with them they had a surprise so i was constantly on my guard its was horrible.

TRIPS

what arip off different prices for different ppl.
i went SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS but the scam with that was untrue.i payed £40 despoit and was exspecting a fone call the day after to confirm a price. When i had no fone call i rang up to be told they never hered of me before and that was with the dolphin place its self. My partner was fumming so went up to claim the money back which we got bk after threatning them with tourist police. In the end i ended up paying another £20 with someone else to get my place bk for swimming with dolphins.
the swimming with dolphibd was amazing. But what followed was HEARTBREAKING AND DISGUSTING a little 10yr old girl turned up to swim with the dolphins. She was in a wheel chair and her dad had payed the same price as me 100pound they put her life jacket on and had preped her on the swimming with dolphins when a another egyption turned up to inform her dad because she was disabled he needed to pay another £100. how digusting is that. the country is money mental.

HOTEL WAS BRILLIANT NOT A PROBLEM. OUT SIDE THE HOTEL BE PREPARED TO GET RIPPED OFF AND SCAMMED.

i would'nt go again not because of the hotel but because of the country.

my boyfriend spotting fish from the piermy boyfriend spotting fish from the pier

not naama bay: bazaars and restaurants. Kings!not naama bay: bazaars and restaurants. Kings!

Tiran isls of EgyptTiran isls of Egypt

View from the terraceView from the terrace

hotel Falcon Hills

by sidan

Hi, I come to Sharm in Jan (19th) can anyone tell me what the hotel Falcon Hills is like, also i want to travel to Cairo on the over night bus I arrive on a thursday evening, will I beable to get a bus the same night or do I have to book in advance, if so how long, thanks

RE: hotel Falcon Hills

by Capisco

I dont think you can book the bus in advance as the dont have online booking you must be there to bookit.
you can also take a look at my sharm pages and tips ;)
thanks
KK

by sidan

Thanks for replies, I want to do the trip myself as it's cheaper than tour operators, I definately need to do Cairo as the last time I went on a day trip from luxor I thought I was dying, I waited 23 years to go and didn't enjoy it as all I wanted to do was sleep and throw up,I also want to do the walk up sinai and glass bottom boat, do you have to book to do them or could I get a taxi to take me to sinai the night I arrive if so how much would I pay in fare ? thanks

by sidan

hi, the price for Cairo is that by tour operators for a return ? if not that seams abit too much .I have read somewhere the bus is around £8 one way.

by sidan

sounds a good deal, what times do they leave and return and where do I book it,and how long in advance, thanks

by sidan

done, thanks for your help. Sidan

price of taxi from airport & hotel falcon hills

by STEVEPRESTON

hi there, me and my wife are trvelling to the hotel falcon hills in sharmel sheik on 28th january for two weeks, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost us from the airport to this hotel as transfers seem to be a little expensive - ?. and also does anyone know anything about this hotel, we are only stopping bed and breakfast and plan on eating out at night,as we went to sharm last year and found eating out to be better. also we may want to go to cairo for the pyramids. doe anyone know the cheapest way of doing this. thankyou.

RE: price of taxi from airport & hotel falcon hills

by mr.small

The Falcon hills hotel is situated in the Hadaba area of Sharm on Motel st.Not the best of locations I am afraid.The right price for a white bonnet taxi from the airport to your hotel is LE35 but read this before you go on holiday.

RE: price of taxi from airport & hotel falcon hills

by Arabhorseygirl

We stayed in the Falcon Inns Viva Sharm, directly opposite the Falcon Hills. Guests have use of both hotels.
I liked the area, you are far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Naama Bay during the day, but just a 5 min taxi ride for the night life and restaurants in the evening.
As for beaches, you have the Reef beach in walking distance (just turn right out of your hotel, cross the main road and keep walking another 100 yds!) and El Fanar beach (the best in my opinion) a £1.50 taxi ride away and you can arrange a return pick-up with the Falcon hotels own taxi company.
We also flew to Cairo. If you want to do this, forget cheapskating and go for comfort...its a long tiring day. You can go by coach, being picked up a 10.00pm and travelling overnight so if you can sleep on a coach for nine hours...fine! but we went by plane for £130 pounds and everything was included, the minibus picked us up at 4.00am for a 6.00am flight (just have an early night!). We had a minibus and driver to meet us at Cairo and he he stayed with us all day till 9.00pm as did the guide who met us at the Cairo museum. We had a fantastic holiday, I hope you do too!

Falcon's Hill Hotel

by Gemski

I'm staying at the Falcon's Hill Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh at the beginning of Dec 04. Has anyone any information/experiences of this hotel? Thanks

Re: Falcon's Hill Hotel

by swisssinai

Standard 3 star tourist hotel without beach but with pool located in Oum el Seid near Mexicana, Virginie, Viva and Amar Sina hotels.

Should be OK - any specifics details needed ?

Comments