Falcon Inn Viva Sharm

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• mcblacktiger's Profile Photo

Falcon Inn

We were told that this hotel was new, but it is not, it was remodeled in the fall of 2004(cheap remodel).
    This hotel is not on the beach, but it does have free access to two beaches, which is good , because the "beach" nearest to the hotel is on a cliff and there is only snorkeling along the edge of the cliff for swimming.The other beach is about 3km away, but there is a free buss from the hotel. It is on a bay near old town and is nice( much better than Naama Bay) but you must walk about .75km to the mouth of the bay if you want to snorkel there. (The bottom is mostly sand in the bay)There is also waterskiing(100LE),wakeboarding(100LE), and glass bottom boats(35LE?) here also.
    This hotel only includes breakfast in the price and dinner was about 80LE(egyptian pounds). They only serve buffet style european meals which were good (3 to 4 out of 5), but the food service and staff was excellent.
    Unlike the food staff, the front desk was marginal and the cleaning staff was nonexistant. Room service was only a linnen change and some times they didn't get to it untill 18:00 and on two occasions we had to air out the room from the b.o. of the cleaners. I smashed a mosquito on the ceiling and we were taking bets on how many years it would be there !!!!
    Yassin the pool/courtyard assistant was an excellent person and a great person for advice about where to go and how much you should pay for things in town. The courtyard and pool were nice, but the pool water was bitterly cold, not even children swam in the pool.
    With the exception of the front desk, I found all of the staff very friendly and honest, even the cleaning staff, dispite thier cleaning skill. The only annoyance I had with all of the staff is that they WILL hit on your wife or girl friend if she is under 50,with kids or not. Sharm is a tourist compound and almost all of the Egyptians in the whole city are young single men, and only married Egyptian women are allowed there, so I guess that they can't be blamed too much for that.

Unique Quality: Like it explains perfectly in most travel guides, Sharm is only good for the sun and the water. There is no other reason to visit it, other than maybe people watching. I doubt you will ever find a place where you will hear so many languages spoken. Because of the travel packages, each hotel and beach is like a different country, with Naama Bay being the E.U.

Directions: South of Naama bay, batween Naama Bay and Old Sharm Town. Close to Dolphinella and the Ritz Carlton Hotel

More about Falcon Inn Viva Sharm

Average Hotel / Excellent Diving

by TripAdvisor Member vharrisuk

We stayed all inclusive at Falcon Inn Viva end of May / beginning of June primarily because it was a very cheap deal. It was handy, but the buffet restaurant does feel like a canteen, so we ate out several times.
The main reason we decided to go to Sharm was for the diving which was excellent. We booked all our courses through Pirates Dive Club, which is located almost next door to the hotel (don't confuse it with Moondivers). It's a small dive school with over 16 yrs of expertise and it offers something for everyone at really competetive prices. I qualified for my Padi Open Water at Pirates so I could join my husband on some dives. It was fantastic - on my 2nd dive we saw a whale shark! Everyone who works at Pirates are great but special mention goes to Moody, William and Lisa.
If you want to get out of the hotel for a few drinks without venturing too far, I would recommend T2 bar, located across the junction at the top of the road (turn right out of the hotel, past Pirates, and then a 7-10 min walk). Ice cold pints of beer and good atmosphere.
Overall, Falcon Inn Viva is a nice, clean hotel and is great as a base to explore the Red Sea Riviera.

8th - 22nd July - our honeymoon!!!

by TripAdvisor Member saraandmike

We've just spent our Honeymoon at the Falcon Inn Viva. We were there for 2 weeks & arrived back home on Sunday 22nd July. We had a Fab time, the Weather was amazing and so was the snorkelling.

As for the Hotel, I wouldn't usually write a review but we specifically requested this Hotel based on the reviews we had read.
Usually we like to holiday somewhere Hot and affordable, but being our Honeymoon we looked through all the reviews and picked this Hotel. I would also like to add that we have both worked on Cruise Ships and have therefore seen both sides of the holiday industry, so my Review won't be biased in anyway, just honest.

Firstly, my overall rating of this Hotel would be a 2 Star. I based this on my 2 week stay and during this time we also visited other hotels in the area, so I did have others to compare it to.

The Falcon Inn Viva is Clean and Friendly and apart from 2 Bar Staff,
we found that everyone else including the receptionists, the chefs and our room cleaner couldn't do enough for us. Everyday we returned to find rose petals scattered on our bed, which we thought was lovely
as it was our honeymoon and made us feel really special. Your now probably wondering why I'm only giving it 2 stars. When we arrived we
showed our marriage liscence and asked if there was any chance of being upgraded, as we were on our Honeymoon. Still being on a high as
we'd only been Married 2 days we were really excited when we were told they were giving us a really nice room facing the pool with a balcony.

Sure enough our room faced the pool as did all of the others, but our
room had Two Single beds, a Toilet that wouldn't flush and water that
ran brown from the taps. However, to be fair after reporting this, the plumber came and we never had this problem again. Although we did
have to share a single bed for a fortnight!

When we went for our first meal we were delighted with the Buffet and
the dancers that made their way round our table for photo's, it really put us in the holiday mood. However, after seeing the same menu (fish,rice,veg, poultry,pasta, pizza and potato) every day for ten days we could take no more and started eating out. As for the Dancers this was a show put on every Sunday that lasted for about an hour and I think it was just to excite new comers. As for the promise
of a dico Five nights a week and Karaoke, we never once saw it and we
stayed up late.

We did however witness the in house singer three times during our stay, singing his version of Michael Jackson songs etc which was amusing for about an hour. But when your on holiday and you're promised a hotel with entertainment its a bit dissapointing when the music stopped at about 10pm.

As for the bar we were All Inclusive as were most other people, and I was a tad shocked when my wine was served to me in a glass no bigger than a shot glass! I also asked for several versions of alco pops and I was never given the whole bottle but was subject to a tiny shot full. This was degrading especially as people who weren't A.I. and had therefore probably paid less for their holiday were given Wine Glasses and entire bottles of Drink.

Ok, I could drink mine and get a refill as many times as I liked before 11pm but that meant getting up and going to the bar every 5 minutes. You could however, have as many Bottles of Water or soft drinks as you liked before 11pm as long as you didn't take more than Two at a time.

My only problem with the bar staff was when I tipped Ali the equivilent of £1. I was new and I thought I was suposed to tip, but he looked at it in disgust and asked what it was. When I said it was a tip and that I didn't have change to tip any more, he asked if I would like change! I couldn't believe the cheek of it. He'd only served me once and I thought I was being nice. Maybe I didn't understand him, or vice versa, but I don't think I've tipped that much in an English bar so I was quite shocked at his response.
Evedrything else about the Hotel was ok. The pool was nice and the surroundings were colourful if not a little Ant Ridden, but on the whole it was Clean and quiet.

Well that's it. I won't go on about Sharm as this review is about the Falcon Viva Hotel and as I said at thed beginning I only wrote it as I was dissapointed after booking this hotel based on the other reviews.

However, I'm 32 and My Husband is 28 and I did see a few older folk that may have enjoyed the lack of entertainment and the peace and quiet. (I don't mean that to sound bad)

But for us on our Honeymoon looking for that little something special, I wish we had gone with our instincts instead of all the fab reviews, as everyones taste is different!

You get what you pay for!

by TripAdvisor Member Mickey81

Upon arrival in Sharm both my partner and myself were fairly suprised to see how under-developed the resort was. After the transfer from the airport (which is also a Military Base-so lots of gunned guards around) we had high expectations based on previous reviews read on this site. And the majority of hotels we passed on the way all looked very nice indeed.

However, we then turned up at The Falcon Inn Viva Sharm, on first appearence the mosaic pattern adorning the entrance didn't quite match up to the elegant lighting and fountains of the previous hotels we'd seen. The rooms were very basic but always clean and had just about everything you could need for a comfortable stay. No double beds but good air con and individual balconies.

The members of staff were a mixed bunch. Ranging from the very professional and friendly (Azab, Sherrif, Eslam and all staff on reception) to the somewhat rude and unfriendly members of staff who would not respond to you unless you tipped them. By not tipping at the bar, you could incur a ten minute wait for a drink whilst all other tipping guests are served with a smile. Needless to say you are almost forced into providing the staff with a tip just to make the bar experience bearable during your stay.

We went all inclusive and the buffet was not that appealing. Although all the food was perfectly edible, it soon became VERY, VERY repetative with different variations of the same dishes. I don't know whether it is just Falcon's food or Egypt as a whole, but every meal resulted in a session on the toilet...which got a bit tedious after 14 days in a row.

The nightlife in the hotel was practically non-existant unless you were partial to an Egyptian karaoke singer belting out Ace of Base's - All that she wants is another baby (in an authentic Egyptian accent). The hotel was also fairly cliquey and this really started to grate towards the end of the holiday.

To get anywhere in the resort you will need to go by cab - there is a cab company situated in the hotel which have responsible drivers, although you'll need to haggle their prices as they will try and rip you off. Take any other cabs at your own risk, we had a couple of potentially fatal journey's with rather dubious characters operating the blue and white taxi's.

To sum up this hotel - The price REALLY does reflect the quality of this hotel, so please don't expect a perfect holiday because you won't get that here (depending on your own personal taste I suppose). All in all this hotel is a basic two star hotel with plenty of two star staff. The people that left reviews saying that this was "the best holiday we have ever had" must be seriously inexperienced travellers because we will definately not be making a return trip to the Falcon.

If you do decide to go to Sharm please do ensure you spend some decent money on your hotel - you have been warned!!!

You takin the Sheish!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NefartitiLiverpool

Finally got round to writing our review!!! Myself and my boyfriend returned home from a two week stay at Falcon Inn Viva on 1st July. Where do i start!! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and made to feel very welcome. We were shown to our room which was one of the apartment blocks, after checking in by a very helpful bellboy who although was squelchin in the heat insisted on carrying all our luggage!!

Granted, the hotel is advertised as 4* when infact we would say its 3*. Needless to say, the room was of a good standard with very cold Air Con if you fancy gettin out of the heat for a lie down. Our cleaner was lovely, although there were others who we not met with the same appreciation. Some guest has some cash stolen, nothing to write home about, but all the same it shouldnt have happened. We tipped our cleaner daily which paid off to be fair as he would leave our room spotless and with a little arrangement of swans with fresh flowers on or crocodiles out of the towels. The location of the rooms are perfect if you like to sit on your balcony on the odd occasion as we had a great view of the pool/sitting area. If you are just chillin by the pool, you will find the staff very helpful too. As soon as they see you without a drink (cold beer or warm water) they'd be right over with another. Young Abdul who works in the breakfast room in the morning then straight onto the poolbar to continue his shift. Bareing in mind too guys, these chaps work from 6.30am through to 1am with only a couple hours break per day. They are paid roughly £40 English pounds per month, so they live basically on tips. Which they DO deserve!!!

We were All Inclusive, so used to tip everyone who served us. That obviousley paid off as we were greeted by everyone.
Even Al-Azab and Ali in the bar would have us laughin everyday, although they were probably buzzin off that fact i was kickin A** out of my boyfriend at pool!!

If you fancy a trip out of the hotel, there are 3 beaches if you're into Snorkling, the hotel provide a free shuttle bus to all of them. Two of the beaches are free to get onto, the main 1 which is the best for Snorkling is Reef Beach. There is a fee, however if you get your tickets at the hotel, they are cheaper.

The food isnt up to much at the hotel, i lived on soup, pizzas and chicken burgers after getting sick of the beef burgers. Not to worry, Naama Bay is only a 10min taxi ride away, which you should'nt pay anymore than 30EP for. There is a KFC, Pizzahut, TGI Fridays and Hardrock Cafe ( which was great )!

Anyway, to all who visit, make the most of it and have a fab time!!!

Boyfriend here. Hope your still reading after the mammoth essay above.
The hotel is sound, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. All inclusive is worth it for the drinks alone, as you'll easy swig 3 litres of water by the pool, or like me about 10 pints of Luxor beer. The food is ok, but after a week you will be sick of it. A good game is guessing the ''Mystery Meat'' of the day. Its just labelled as ''meat''. I think we had camel on more than one occasion. The staff make the stay though, if you tip the bar staff your glass will be constantly filled when you're by the pool, and your vodka measures will double at the bar. Tip the cleaner and you get a towel animal every day. We tipped most of em £2 a day, and on an all inclusive it doesn't make that much of an impact on your wallet. Don't forget to look in on the hotels own Bedouin tent. The famous Sheisha pipes are well worth a quid and the fella who runs it Ahmed is a top fella. He will give you many top tips. The beaches are fab, dont forget your snorkel as there are coral reefs everywhere. The quad bikes are a really good little trip out ( Ask Ahmed for best price )
I'd defo go back to Egypt, maybe for 10 days next time as two weeks was a bit long. Sun is hot, beer was cold, pool was warm and people are nice. What more could you want. Oh yeah, and Dr Phil is on the TV aswell to keep you entertained. Go, Relax, Enjoy.

Good and bad points

by TripAdvisor Member Humbug86

Me and my Boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, and it has its good and bad point, unfortunatly the bad ruled!!

The hotel is lovely, and the grounds and the rooms are kept extreamly clean. Some of the staff are nice and have a joke with you, some are extremly rude, and dont belong in customer service! (If you do go, Sherriff is lovely).
We booked all are excursions, with the young lad on the front desk, and they were all fantastic, and half the price of what your rep will charge.
V128

Right the bad things about this hotel.
- The bath is so small a child would only fit.
- The water from the shower was brown and cold. (for the entire 2 wks)
- If you go all inclusive at this hotel you will get treated alot differently to b&b customers! ( B&B customers are the priority in this hotel, as they pay the hotel direct and pay more tips) This made me so angry as we paid more, going all incl.
-When they say all inclusive on the website, it doesn't mean all inclusive. Drinks are served from 11am to 11pm.( you have pay if out of these times)
All fruit jucies, (eg orange jucie is not included) you have to pay, as i found out on my second night that cocktail are not included as it has fruit jucie in it. i was fuming!
- If you have a midnight snack, the food tasted good, like the pizza, but they took 3 slices out of your pizza, then gave it to another person. so if you want a whole one order 2!
- You have to get your drinks from the pool bar till 6pm, then you have to get them from inside, which is pretty anoying!
-Also, the bar men can only serve you drinks, you will see if you go, the men in pink shirts who are slightly higher in rank, they will stand at the bar, and tally the drinks, so even if a bar man is not their, the man in the pink shirt will not serve you. ( My boyfirend waited so long for a bar man, he shouted and the pink shirt man, and then went behind the bar and got it himself) Its very strange!
- Oh, this is the best bit!!, When your relaxing round the pool, a guy with a camera comes round capturing your every move! Without your permision he takes photos of My Boobs!!, children, everyone! and then puts them on his computer, and calls you over every day, and asks you to buy one! Tell him to F*** off then he will get the message and not come near you again!
- The restaurant, it very basic, the food was nice but very repetitive. The retaurant felt more like a canteen. on the menu, is rice, veg, potato, pizza, spag boll, meat, poutary, fish, salad bred etc. this is every day in tin trays.
- Finally, this topped the hoilday off! The pharmasy attatched to the hotel, Will RIP YOU OFF!! We got a few bits and bobs from them and it came to £37, but me and the boyfiend didnt think about questioning it, till a English rep asked us how much we, paid, when we told her, she was fuming! and stormed round there!
All medicine in Egypt is cheap as its made there, also they stamp on the side of most boxes the price in P.T, so if it says 250 PT that is £2.50. Dont be fooled, veryone is trying to make money on the side. We got all are money back, and a apology from the hotel manager, who then told us not to say anything to anyone, (so we told most ppl we met).
- All in all, i did have an amazing time, apart from a few hicups, but i would not go all inclusive at this hotel.
-We went quad biking, to Cairo, to visit the pirimids, and to Tiran Island to Snorkel. all three were amazing.
-Go to Narma bay, (there is a free bus from hotel). and have a meal in Onions restaurant, is so cheap and amazing food.
-Go to Reef beach, you can walk from the hotel, but if your feeling lazy there is a free bus. (great snorking there)
- Go to Old Sharm, and haggle is great fun, but dont let them rip you off.
Finally, We booked with on the beach, which said we had no transfers, but we did? we didnt realise and got a taxi, Dont pay any more than 100 LE that is £10.
Oh and the heat is increadible!! 41 Degrees when we were there!!

Think twice...

by TripAdvisor Member Slinkerbell

PLEASE read this if you are considering this hotel and not yet booked! Think twice! Spend less than a hundred extra like we should have and book in at the Mexicana or another nice hotel nearby.
We have just returned this morning after a dissaponting two weeks at this place, we are pretty seasoned travellers in our late twenties, this was our second time in Egypt and will be the last.
The hotel itself is basic but clean and comfortable, with a few really helpful, polite members of staff (Al from the bar and Ahmed from the bedouin tent: although he didn't technically work for the hotel he was fab to us!)
The majority are rude, pervy, insulting...constantly hassling you for cash for "sick mother" or without any reason at all, and when that doesn't work you may well end up blatantly robbed as we and several other guests where by our pervy maid-man. This guy, who will remain annonymous, went on a mini crime-spree then was finally arrested on the last day we were at the resort. We were fortunate, the maid-man was asking us all to change money seperatley for coins or notes then denying he had taken cash when people started to notice bits of money had gone missing...so he got away with it for a while. luckily it was only our "tip" money which we kept in the room, put EVERYTHING of value in your safety deposit box JUST INCASE!!!
Beware the poolside paparazzi, amusing for a day or two but his harrassment is contant. You have to go to the beach to avoid him, you will never get a whole hour without his instrusive camera being thrust in your face otherwise. No point attempting to fake sleep, he will whistle at you while standing menacingly over you clicking away.
Almost everyone at the hotel was sick at one time or another during our stay. I doubt it was the food, which was all in all quite good and varied...more likely to be the rancid pool water!
Just as I was on the mend from 3 days of delhi-belly I was attacked by the mozzies, over a hundred bites! I had to have an injection and various lotions, potions etc and part with £120 for the pleasure. The doctor himself was very pleasant, kind and literally takes ten minutes to arrive at your room if needed.
Have never been bit before so it was freaky, everyone seemed to be getting eaten alive at night and spend the days quivering around the pool discussing our different anti-histamines, exchanging lotions and spraying the local repellent ("Off") non-stop!
Na'ama itself can be good fun but again, a hassle. Say "La Shockran" very firmly and walk very fast, do not go into dodgy shops to obtain business cards or sign guest books, you will not see the light of day for a loooong time. Just be wary and keep your wits when out and about day or night.
Enjoy the snorkelling and quad biking if you get chance, there's lots to see and do away from the hotel and some very genuine Egyptian hospitality. Just not a great deal at this hotel, in my opinion.

Loved the Location

by TripAdvisor Member Shan85

This hotel is very nice; providing the price isn’t too high I got a great deal for a week for £295 in June with XL all inclusive. The food is the same every day but cooked differently for instance, 1st day fish in batter, 2nd day fried fish. Although the lack of description of the food is more than annoying e.g. 'meat'. If you are looking for an adventure there is definitely lots of things to do, locally such as quad biking, diving, snorkelling and a water park near by called Cleo Park. We flew to Cairo from Sharm which was very comfortable especially with as the heat was in the 40's.
Do not I repeat DO NOT DRINK THE TAP WATER there by any means. It is not cleaned to England’s standards and will give u a bad stomach, my rep told me its okay to use to shower and brush your teeth, and I chose to use bottled water to brush my teeth as the water is orange. Try not to eat the salad either as chances are it will give you a bad stomach to as it’s washed in the dirty orange water. I had an upset tummy 3/4 days into my holiday and then went to the local chemist attached to the hotel and they knew the tablets I needed I was unsure about taking them though as there was no leaflet attached nor did they come in a box although I did look them up and they were the sort of tablets I needed to take. But I say the best thing to do is to contact your travel rep if you become ill and he will point you in the right direction to English speaking chemist.
Do not pay more than 15L.E to get to Namaa Bay, haggle every price especially taxi’s they will try and rip you off.
The photo guy will take pictures of you, be stern and shout no pictures, I did this and they learnt there lesson.
The staff is friendly at the best of times, although this friendly-ness did wear off towards the end of the holiday, but they were always polite.

fantastic place and people

by TripAdvisor Member lozza8052

hi there just got round to writting our review we stayed at falcon inn for 14 days from the 21st june so the same time as the last few reviews . We had a fantastic time yes food is repetative but what you have to remember is you are in a very poor country also the fact that the egyptian food is very different to what we are used to and they have all different nationalitys to cater for. The problem with the maid was rectified as soon as managment knew there was a problem and all other maid a very nice (not pervy). The staff are all fantastic wether you tip them or not yes they do depend on tips but at the end of the day they are not going to force you into tipping them. Now i have my rant over i can tell you all the good stuff. The hotel own 3 beaches there is a bus to all of them we spent most time at reef beach a 10 min walk down the road it is great for snorkling but sea is a ruff before 1pm. Bar staff are great we made really good friends with Ali and Al Azab who always had a laugh with us and our friends we meet 8 people all together all seperate couples and we all felt the same about all the staff. Ayman the towel attendant is the most fantastic man ever he is so nice and will do anything to help i hurt my foot at the beach and he cleaned it up for me. Also i went to buy my partner a present and he took me everywhere to make sure i was safe. As for the rest off the things you can get a taxi with the hotel anywhere you want to go but you can get a blue and white one outside cheaper you should pay about 15 egyptian pounds £1.50 to namma bay or old sharm if its blue and white. Also fantasia is just down the road fantastic shows and great shops only 90 egyptian pounds for the show and 180 for a five course morrocan meal and show bargin. The only thing i will say is outside the hotel people will try to get as much money as the can from you. Whatever price they tell you go down to a third off it and meet in the middle. If you do ever think you are being had tell them you will contact the tourist police and they will change. All in all it is peaceful relaxing and a great place to go. I will be returning to this hotel again and take my family with me next time as they can then share the experiance. Please dont let these bad reviews put you off when 1 thing goes wrong it makes people angry and they say things they dont mean or they then decide not to look at the good it is a great place and i am a fussy person and i loved it so it cant be all bad.

Hassled!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member debbie1234Essex

Where do I start??? We have just got back from 1 week stay AI, we went for a relaxing break to unwind and all we got was hassle, the photographer by the pool got the hint after a couple of days of NO THANK-YOU's, the salon at the hotel send people constantly round asking you to have a pedicure, I feined sleep quite a few times and it seemed to work! Then there is Naama Bay........as soon as you get out of your cab you are pounced on, we tried not to be rude but on the 7th or so person trying to sell you something you do get a bit short with them and they don't hold back with cussing you in arabic if you refuse to buy from them, we went here twice then lost the will to live going here. The hotel pool is very dirty and was more than likely the cause of MANY people suffering on the toilet for days!! The food is very repetative and you do get bored, god help the people staying for 2 weeks!!!! The saving grace was that the room was clean and comfortable, and that's where it ends. This was our 2nd time in Egypt and we will not be going back which is such a shame as the weather is absolutely brilliant and you are guarenteed sunshine. PLEASE PLEASE book another better hotel, this one was only 1* -2* in my opinion.

Hotel Viva Sharm

by stanphil

if it like the other hotels its 2 pin take your travel plug

RE: Hotel Viva Sharm

by mr.small

220 Volt,european plug(2 round pin).

RE: RE: Hotel Viva Sharm