Naama Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Otel.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 37% less but rated 11% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Going downhill rapidly

I have stayed at this hotel twice before but will not be returning. Despite the central location, the hotel's rooms and facilities are in dire need of refurbishment. In fact I think that it may be too late to refurbish as things like plumbing are now beyond repair. Its a great shame as the hotel has a beautiful beach cut into the rock face and most of the staff are friendly, polite and efficient. The hotel is now so run down that it should have at least one of its stars removed.
    I would not recommend this hotel when there are other, more central hotels that offer better, cleaner facilities.

Directions: Up the steps behind the Lido hotel. To the left of the Helnan Hotel

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

Halomy Hotel, Naama Bay

We really didnt know what to expect, but were very impressed on arrival (please remember we are students though) Our room was clean with a sleeping area, living area, TV, fridge, balcony and small bathroom. We did have the best view in the whole hotel looking directly onto the bay.

The hotel itself consists of a number of white washed apartments, not costa del sol style but a more traditional style. The swimming pool is very cold, but it was january. We were at the top of a hill looking down on the bay, there were hundres of steps to climb to get up (i would not recommend it to anyone with walking difficulties) The front of the hotel is nothing to look at, actually it was a building site and we nearly cried when we saw it (we had jut left people off at the Hilton) but inside it is fine.

Half board, meals we exciting the first few nights but soon we got bored of couscous and rice. We also lost a stone each due to dodgy tummies, to put it politely. Each night there is entertainment at dinne rin teh form of traditional african dance, belly dance and music. I enjoyed it, but towars the end it got a bit tiring.

By the pool there is a snack bar which serves food all day. There is also a mall beach and pie with another bar down some steps, good for snorkelling.

Staff very friendly, but there were no women staff and we were quite a novelty. Also, security guard seems to know everything about everything, so keep it all discreet.

Unique Quality: great views

Directions: Naama Bay

• Great Family Hotel

Just got back from this hotel. We booked in January and chose this as it was easily the cheapest we could find - they allowed us to have a room for 5 and gave us two free kids places. It's always a problem as we've got the third child (ages 12,10,8).

I was a bit worried before we went as the Odyssey brochure says not suitable for children. I think not suitable for under 5s would be more accurate.

The Halomy is situated in a prime spot on the headland at the southern end of Naama bay. About a 10 minute stroll into the main town. Great views over the sea and the bay. Rooms are clean, air conditioned and well looked after. You have the use of a fridge in your room. Pool is very safe and there's a lifeguard there at all times. Food was great. Our kids loved the unlimited pancakes at breakfast and there was a good variety of dishes in the evening. We went half board and bought superb pizzas at the pool bar for 22E£ for lunch.

There is a little shop on the site and the guy in there is very fair. Perhaps a tiny bit dearer than in Naama bay for some things but only 10% max and no hassle. If he hasn't got it he'll try to get what you want for next day.

The Halomy is laid out like a little village and you go to the restaurant for meals. Grounds are well maintained although there is the odd uneven path. Like everywhere in Naama the grounds are watered regularly and the earth seems to stink when this is done, but nothing to worry about as it's the same all over the town. (bit strange when you first smell it!).
    There is a dive centre on site and although we didn't use it they seem to be well equipped and reasonably priced :Sharm-divers.

The Halomy is a little tired - it could do with new sunbeds in particular - but for value and staff it is 5 star.

Unique Quality: There are two things which set the Halomy apart: Firstly the staff are BRILLIANT! Extremely friendly and very helpful. Fantastic with the kids. Arif "Mr Bean" at the poolside bar was particularly helpful and they have a very professional Masseur called Mohamed. My wife is a beauty therapist and rated him very highly and very reasonable pricewise.

Secondly at the bottom of the steps the Halomy has a top quality reef with loads of fish and coral in a safe little bay. We went on a boat for a day trip but saw just as much on this reef.

Directions: On hilltop overlooking Naama Bay at Southwest end

• amy2004's Profile Photo

The Faulty Towers of Naama Bay

This hotel is advertised as 4* on the Medhotels.com, it is not, I would say 2 - 3*. We stayed All Inclusive, we got treated very differently from the Half Board guests, we go very limited drink selections, one day we recieved a wine glass of beer, we got glasses of water,not bottles, the bottle were available to buy in the shop for 2LE or 0.20pence (sterling). We basically felt very unwelcome!!!

The room was OK, the view of Naama Bay was excellent.

We had to vacate the rooms by noon, although we paid to extend the room until 3pm the All Inclusive ended at 12.

I would not recommend staying here All Inclusive.

Unique Quality: The views are great, swimming pool nice.

Service and Friendliness is rubbish!

Directions: Above the Jetty.

More about Halomy Hotel

inexpense hotel

by eddymario about Halomy hotel

We stayed at the Halomy hotel (***) the hotel was not very expensive and the service, food and personel were very good for this deal.
The guests in the hotel were for 80% from Russia, which was not a problem.
The hotel is also located on a nice spot, right on a clif in between Na'ama bay and Sharm el Sheikh with a great view. It has a private beach and if you swim out 200 m. you will find already some nice corals and fishes.
In front of the beach you will see mainly parrot fishes.

Halomy Hotel, Egypt

by TripAdvisor Member VickeyT

Me and my cousin have just got back from the Halomy Hotel on 20 Aug 2006. We were half board but I would advise to only stay B&B as the food is very simple and not a lot of variety. Breakfast was very good and probably the best meal of the day! The hotel itself is very clean but in need of updating as is a little outdated however this is made up by the friendliness of all of the staff they couldnt be more helpful. A massage from Mohamed is a must it is so relaxing and he is a super person vey friendly and very funny!! We made a lot of friends at the hotel but Mimo and Mohamed were our favourites!

The views from the hotel are absolutely gorgeous looking right across Naama Bay. The steps down from the hotel into the Bay are quite an effort in the heat and wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone with walking difficulties.

This hotel is definitely not for children. There is absolutely nothing for them to do. It is an ideal place for couples, or someone looking to do nothing but relax and soak up the sun, being on a cliff top there is always a nice breeze as well.

If I was visiting Egypt again I would defintely go back to the Halomy just for the friendless of the staff they were wonderful!!

Vickey & Paula

Single traveller at Halomy Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kezzie

After becoming a single 'gal' again and having holiday to use up, I decided to book a cheap getaway to Sharm as it is somewhere I had previously visited and felt safe.

I booked the halomy hotel as the reviews were pretty good and it was in my price range for a last minute holiday and as a single traveller I didn't want to pay a room supplement. From the moment I arrived at the hotel the staff were very friendly. I was booked in quickly and efficiently and although I booked a safe (which were situated in reception) I didn't use it. My room was basic and small but had a double bed and there was definitely enough space for a single person. My terrace had a sea view, which was fantastic from the top of the cliffs where the Halomy was situated. For this reason it probably would not be suitable for people with walking difficulties, the old or for very young children. Saying that, it was easy to book a taxi into town.

The hotel could have done with some updating. My room was very tired looking, the drawers were hanging off the wall and the window in the bathroom was in danger of falling out of its frame, the shower was broken (but was fixed within two hours) and the seating area had seen better days. However, I paid for a cheap holiday and got what I would expect for that. Paying a pittance does not buy you 5* luxury!!

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly ( a couple tried to be a bit overfriendly but this was due to me being a single female traveller). If I told them I wasn't interested in "meeting them in town for a nescafe", they would leave me alone! I did have a slightly worse time of it walking through town on my own but again, a smile and a "no thank you" would be enough for the men to leave you alone. They were never rude or offensive.

I went all inclusive for convenience. The food at the hotel was, again, what you would expect from a 3* Egyptian hotel. It was basically the same choice every day (e.g dinner consisted of a beef dish, chicken dish, fish dish, various vegetables and a couple of potato choices) but was well presented and there was plenty of it. There was also soup, rolls and salads for starters and cakes and fruit for dessert. Burgers, chips and pizzas were always available from the snack bar.

Entertainment was laid on some evenings. I paid 10gbp for an Egyptian dance night which included a BBQ and entertainment. Well worth it and the staff get really involved as well and get people up to join in.

The pool and surrounding area was very clean and there was a pool bar for drinks and snacks. Some steps led down to the 'beach' area which again had a small bar to order drinks and snacks. The jetty was here for getting into the sea. there was no beach access because of the coral below. Snorkelling, as ever, was amazing. It was fantastic to see the underwater life.

In summary, as a first time single traveller, I was nervous about staying anywhere on my own. However, I was made to feel very welcome by the staff and other guests and didn't have a chance to feel lonely! The accommodation was basic and a bit grubby but functional. The food was more than adequate and what I would have expected. The location is fantastic, sharm is a beautiful place and caters very well for tourists. It has given me the confidence to travel alone again and I would definitely return to Sharm for a third time.

Cheap and cheerful

by Becky06 about Halomy

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Halomy for two weeks on a half board bases, however I would advise going bed and brekfast as the food is not great and repetitive. It is also very cheap to eat out and lunch in the hotel is good and again very cheap. Our room was very spacious and tidy cleaners came everyday and gave us fresh towels, a tip every now and again will get you some pretty towel arrangments on your bed. All the staff here are extremely friendly and more then willing to help you with watever you may need. I would not recommend this hotel to people with walking difficulties as their are steps to the beach and steps are also the quikest way into the centre of Nama (literaly 2min walk) but because of it's hilltop location you get a great some great views and although the hotel is so close to the centre there is no noice. The Halomy has a shop onsite which was so cheap we often visited and got some free soveniers off the shopkeeper when we left, it also has a good sized unheated swimming pool and a beach. However although the beach is small we never had any problems getting a sunbed and it is a great snorkling spot and if you wish to learn to dive there is a diving centre at the hotel. I would recommend the Halomy and if you choose to go I hope you have as much a good time as I did!!! Great views and close to the centre.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Sammy_Atkins

I have just returned from The Halomy hotel in Sharm and I must say that after having travelled to Sharm before anot not enjoyed it... this time I had a fantastic time!
The Halomy hotel is based on the Cliff top about a 5-10 minute walk from the town of Naama Bay. The Surrounding Views were amazing, to the left you could see the bustling town and the hotels and if you looked to the right you could see the gorgous clear blue sea! This hotel was only a 3* accomodation but compared to the 5* accomodation that I had stayed in 2 years before, the staff were alot friendlier, it was less busy and crowded, and it saved me money on taxi's into town!
The only down side to this property which can also be a plus to some, was that there were over 100 steps to get to the town and beach, at first this is a bit worrying, wondering how you will manage every night to get up and down, but after the 3rd day you get used to it!
the hotel its self is clean, tidy and nice and peacefull, the staff can not so enough for you, and they also are there not just as staff but as friends too! The pool is of an average size, but due to the amount of stairs, noisy children are rarely heard!

All in all I had a fantastic time, and I have booked up to go again and I only got back on the 5th October!!!

perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member jossvaldo

we have just come back from a fortnight at the Halomy hotel, the position of the hotel is best in Naama Bay, the view is fantastic and as it is a the top of a hill the breeze is a welcome relief.

The hotel is a little tired but I have stayed in worse, they are clean and safe and the staff are friendly and helpful.

The room we were given first did not have a balcony but overlooked the bay, we asked to change and had a new room the next day with a king sized bed and excellent view.

the steps down to Naama bay are quite tough but you soon get used to it, the plus side of it was you did not need to get taxis anywhere as it is all walking distance.

we were there bed and breakfast, which I think is the best option and some reports on the evening meal was not good.

the restaurants in Naama Bay all serve excellent food and are reasonably priced.

the hotel bar prices are fair, £5 for bottle of beer and vodka and lemonade.

the hotel pool is a fair size and very clean, not quite enough beds for everyone, so get there early!

the private beach is lovely (quite a few steps to it) there is a jetty over the corals and when you get in there is plenty of different fish to see!
I would stay in this hotel again, and recommend any couple to stay there also (not quite so good for children/babies)

View from below Halomy towards Sofitel.View from below Halomy towards Sofitel.

by Loubelou76

Hiya,

Has anybody ANY info on the Halomy Hotel ?
Rumours or personal experiences........just anything !!

Cheers guys,

Lou.

by LotusV8

Hi!
eddymario has been there:
A link to his Halomy tip:

Best
Per

by itnisse

Hi!

Try this site.

//Anders

by GEOMAC

we were on the luxor trip and we picked up someone at the halomy,it is very near sharm but not quite in it,he was enjoying his stay the hotel was nice but a bit quiet,
hopr this helps

by Loubelou76

Thanks, a quiet hotel sounds perfect, as long as there is a bar nearby !!

Lou.

by GEOMAC

camel bar in main street sharm is good,not far from halomy

by GEOMAC

sorry,when i said near sharm town,i meant naama,

Comments