Hilton Shark Bay Resort

Hilton Sharks Bay Resort
Hilton.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• hilton sharks bay

We have just got back from the hilton at sharks bay 21 09 07 and we spent 7 days here at the all inclusive service. Two women travelling alone, and we were very safe, very welcome and we had the most superb time. we spent the whole 7 days doing absolutely nothing, they completely spoil you, and all we did was have a real scream. great waiters, great food, great service, all very friendly. in fact soooooooooo great we are already planning our next trip to the same place. snorkelling fab, sunbathing fab, beach bar handy,entertainment team great, met loads of different people from all walks of life and we thought they were all great.
    we cannot wait to see them all again, but we would like a towel in the shape of a crocodile!!!!we had swans and hearts but no crocodile......bus driver sayid very helpfull, rep from longwood was great, desk staff brill, what else can we say should be rated the best ever.

the boods

xx

Unique Quality: EVERYTHING

Directions: 10 min drive from airport but not noisy at all

• Wondeful stay - couldn't fault it

This was our first time to Egypt and also our first time doing an all inclusive holiday and we were certainly not dissapointed!

From the moment we arrived at the hotel, the staff were helpful, friendly and very polite. As recommended on this website, we did tip very small amounts of around 10 egyptian pounds (one english pound) to some of the staff, but even the ones that we didn't tip were still just as friendly.

The food was excellent. We ate most meals in the main restaurant but there was a massive selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

For breakfasts, you could have anything from toast, to fruit, to fried food and then there was the grill area where you could have omlettes, fried eggs, french toast and even pancakes cooked up!

For lunch and dinner, there was a wide selection of salads and hot food, a grill area too where they would cook up a different kind of roast meat or fish every night. You could also have fresh pasta or your own pizza made up.

Being a pudding person, I was also thrilled to find such a good selection of those too.
    Not a place to go if you want to loose weight!!

Drinks included in the all inclusive were all soft drinks, local beer called Sakara (which was actually pretty good), wine and some local spirits. They even offer a range of cocktails.

Unique Quality: The hotel itself is very clean, nice room and walk in showers.
    The room cleaners kindly make your towels into wonderful shapes, swans, flowers (and if you tip, even Crocodiles - trust me, it's worth it!)
    There are loads of pools, shallow ones for the kiddies, deeper ones for the adults, ones with water volley ball nets across and the main one even has seats in so you can sit at the pool bar and have a drink. Excellent idea!
    There are lots of sunloungers around the pools, but these are normally snapped up early by greedy sunlounger hogs. If you're a slightly later riser, head to the beach end of the resort which is a lot more empty, right next to the sea, has it's own beach bar and is slightly cooler due to that wonderful sea breeze.
    Towel hire is free of charge and each hotel has it's own private beach area and jetty for snorkellers. We spent a lot of time snorkelling as the sea is so warm and clear and the fish life is amazing. It's like immersing yourself in the "Finding Nemo" film.

If you were planning on ignoring the rules and feeding the fish anyway, be warned - they can be feisty. I saw a fair few small kiddies get a bit teary after they went in with a bread roll and were surrounded by tonnes of them.

There are also lots of other watersports available on the beach such as paragliding, banana boats and diving courses.

Because Shark's Bay is a much quieter resort than the lively Naam Bay down the road, the hotel puts on a shuttle bus that runs there and back every hour at a very small cost. Naam Bay is great to go to for shopping, casinos and shisha pipes and general eating and drinking.

If you are booking excursions, I would recommend a trip to Naam Bay first as they come up a lot cheaper booking there than with your tour operator.

Anyway, I digress.

In short, the hotel was great, the staff were great, the food was great, the weather was great.

I'm one of life's biggest moaners and this place gave me nothing to moan about.

I definitely recomend it!

• Mara_2's Profile Photo

Best value for money

We have been in this hotel 4 times in row!
    The hotel is just perfect for our requrements. We strongly dislike huge hotels like most in Sharm; about 300 rooms is considered rather small for Sharm's standards!
    The position is very nice: you can see the Tiran island from your room! The Sharks Bay is rather small bay, but the coral gardens are very nice and you can jump into the water after a very short pontoon.
    It is never crowded and on the beach you don't have to fight for a place.
    Also you never find queue in restaurants and a table is always available.
    It is a 5* Hilton after all!

Unique Quality: The Hotel has 3 restaurants: one indoors serving international cuisine, one outdoor with grilled specialties, and one with italian dishes (pizza, pasta, etc.)
    Ita has 4 pools: the main one near the restaurants, the small one under the reception, one behind the open restaurant equiped with a slide for children and one half way to the beach.
    There are 2 bars: one at the main pool an the Sunset, above the beach.
    It has also a discoteque that serves some really delicious appetizers.
    It is a real All Inclsive: you can have a drink any time you want! Bottled water, soft drinks, beer, wine, super-alcoholics - they are available in every bar and also in refrigerated boxes near every pool. If you feel hungry you can also have a snack anytime you want!
    The beach is tarrace-shaped and equiped with large beach umbrellas and sunbeds. The hotel supplies beach-towels free of charge.
    Near the beach you can fine a beach-wolley camp and I know that there are camps for other sports such as squash, tennis... but we didn't use them.
    Inside the hotel there is also an excellent diving Center but it is not free of charge (see my Sports tip).
    The staff is really friendly and will do everything to make your stay pleasant.

• ALANinWORCS69's Profile Photo

Sharks Bay Got Teeth!!!

We Stayed here April 2003... and to be honest I can't fault the place. Part of the Hilton chain and with the usual amenities to match.
    We stayed for a week only... all-inclusive, flights from Gatwick, London, transfers from Sharm airport (it's literally only 5 mins though) for about £300 each!!! Although it's close to the airport you wouldn't know it... noise is minimal, probably due to take-off/landing directions of the runway.
    A free shuttle bus is available to the resort centre of Naama Bay 9 about a 10-15 min trip) from the hotel... this runs hourly until about 10pm.
    The pool is great, a freeform shape with swim-up bar- great for those all-inclusive cocktails!!! Activities like water polo and races are taken place at least once a day... that's if you like that sort of thing.
    There are 2 restaurants... a help yourself buffet where the food is of good quality and plentiful and an Al La Carte Italian restaurant , waiter service (tip on first night here and you'll be treated like royalty from then on!!!), food here is excellent and it makes a change from the buffet... sometimes it's just nice to be served and not to over-do it in the buffet.

Unique Quality: At sunset, overlooking the beach I had a full body massage... pure heaven, totally relaxing, peaceful and only the sound of the waves lapping against the shore. What a way to end a day... and haggled the price to around £15 (5 of our party had it so they did a discount for us all).

Try it... you wont be dissapointed!!!

An original Bedouin Tent is here also... great for that after dinner smoke of a water pipe... vanilla flavour anyone???

Directions: Very close to the Airport, about 5 mins away.

• cyberdobee's Profile Photo

Top Sharm Hotel

Having never stayed at an all inclusive resort before I was a little unsure as to what it would be like but with a group of seven it seemed like the best option.

Only 5-10 minutes drive from the airport but with very little aircraft noise at all.

It has three swimming pools and it's own private beach area which you can snorkel and dive from straight off the jetty.

The food was varied and of a high quality.

Bottle water always on hand and the local booze not too bad though I would definately recommend the Pina Coladas.

Away from the noise and crowds of Naama Bay I would definately recommend this hotel.

Hard to give a per night price but we paid around ?460.00pp for flights (return from London), transfers in Sharm and 7 nights all inclusive accomodation.

• Capisco's Profile Photo

My favotire Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh

I stayed there for 3 times since last year.
    Since the first time i visited it i always want to go back to it.
    It's wonderful hotel on Sharks Bay (Dont worry no Sharks there).
    The thing that you wont like is it's some how far from Naama Bay the main attractive area in Sharm El Sheikh.
    But it's based on allinclusive means you can dirnk till 2 am in the morning and you can eat any time , which is best for your mind you wont care how much you would pay for your drink and when is the time for breakfast etc ...
    If you miss breakfast you wont wait long for launch since it's just 1 hour between both of them and in this one hour you can have snacks from the bar.

Unique Quality: 2 big pools one small one .one disco 3 bars one on the main pool 2 on the beach beside the bar in the disco.

Directions: Sharks Bay Near Concorde el Salam Hotel

• Tara2001's Profile Photo

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!
    When you first arrive, this hotel seems to be perfect. Beautiful pool, choice of restaurants, nice rooms.....but within a few days the crack were beginning to show terribly.
    We only ate at the hotel as it was all inclusive and after 3 days my boyfriend came down with a very serious case of food poisoning. He was violently sick for the rest of the week, it ruined our holiday, trips we had planned had to be cancelled and we were refused our money back! After speaking to a number of people in the hotel surgery, it seemed like many other people had the same poisoning! Now, I'm not silly - I know this is Egypt and you have to be careful. But staying at the Hilton I expected things to be better and far more hygenic!
    And whats worse, was that as we went to the hotel doctor as it was an emergency, he would not say it was food poisoning as he worked for the hotel! Even though there were hundreds ill with the same thing!
    Other things that were bad about this hotel:
    - The air conditioning broke and was leaking all over the floor, we called for someone to come fix it several times but no one came!
    - Lunch time the food was left out by the pool for hours with birds all over it. Its no wonder people got sick eating that!
    - To get a seat by the pool you have to get up in the middle of the night as it was impossible in the daytime!
    - When I had to go for meals alone when my boyfriend was ill, I was constantly harrassed by the staff, they should be told to be more professional!
    - I got locked in the toilet in the reception area. I called for help but no one came, I was in there over an hour before I managed to break the door down!

Unique Quality: The only good thing was the location. Sharks Bay is amazing, if a little crowded. The fish you can see swimming just off the jetties were unbelievable! Even a dolphin came to visit one day!
    I would recommend Sharks bay, just not this hotel.

More about Hilton Shark Bay Resort

Snorkelling at Hilton Sharks Bay - Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member cushty

Just back form a weeks stay at The Hilton Sharks Bay. 30/05/05

We've been to the Red Sea before - Radisson, SAS , TABA (great) so we had pretty high standards & expectations for the Hilton.

Heres the stuff you need to know:

Room : Spotless, large bed, SAT TV, Fridge, towels & linen changed as often as possible (use your towels more than once & save some water tho!), Air con that works...very small balconies

Reception : very helpful staff

Restraunts: Plenty of seating available (no scrums), waiter service...to be honest the guys seemed hard pushed most nights. Still, its no hardship to get your own drinks is it?

Food: OK....but not as good as Radisson in Taba. Choices sometimes a little limited, but on the whole pretty decent.

Beach: Man made affair , on several tiers, plenty of sunbeds / shade

House reef / snorkelling: This is the reason we chose the Hilton....and it really didnt dissapoint. It is fantastic. Having snorkelled in Red Sea / Carribean / Mexico etc dozens of times my wife & I consider ourselves pretty good judges..... Put it this way, I would have paid the same money to spend a week in a tent as long as i could still snorkel here.

No worries

by Cheery274 about Hilton Sharks Bay

Came back last night after 1 week. Ignore any complaints you read if they are dated reports. This is a fantastic hotel in a great location. If you want a quiet location with plenty of sunbeds with room around them this is for you. If you want the sunbeds laid out one after the other go to another hotel down the coast. The Chillout bar is a good bar with entertainment every night, okay it isn't the West End but you aren't paying for it either. All the food we ate was of top quality and couldn't complain about any of it.

Should you want a raucous night out then go into Naama Bay, but be warned the taxis are dangerous. If you have the misfortune to come across the Russians in any number, they will leave you flabbergasted with their rudeness, both to staff and other guests alike. They take no notice of rules regarding feeding the fish or touching the coral. They don't queue up like Europeans do and seem to think people are a nuisance if they don't provide things instantly.

hilton sharks bay beachhilton sharks bay beach

View from Sunset bar - Hilton Sharks BayView from Sunset bar - Hilton Sharks Bay

Sharks BaySharks Bay

Sharks BaySharks Bay

Hilton Sharks Bay

by baylis75

Hello Again

Please can anyone give me any information on the 'Hilton resort of Sharks Bay'.It is an all inclusive resort, I have seen many deals and offers to this resort and would like to know if anyone has any further information on it.

Thanks