Gardens Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Scuba Divers rip off

Good family hotel. Not diver friendly.
    The hotel Diver Center although member of PADI doesn't recognise PADI certifications even if they a proper log book is presented.
    Beware, the Diver Center will unjustifiably have you spend more money on local and shore dive before allowing you to go on day trips.
    Tip: arrange dive trips with other dive center or avoid hotel when going on a diving vacation.

Unique Quality: Good hotel, bad for divers.

• LanaZorcic's Profile Photo

Luxury beach hotel

7 days in Regency Plaza Resort was great...from the first moment I come there. Regency Plaza Resort, a superb 5 star deluxe hotel majestically and directly located on the beautiful, coral beach of Nabq Bay. Whole new world of the most exquisite rare combination of the richest coral reefs, turquoise blue water, crimson mountains and desert landscapes of inspiring beauty, considered one of the best water spots and diving spots worldwide.

I recommend this hotel because I will be back there again :)

• LittleDee's Profile Photo

Absolutely Fantastic

The Hyatt Regency at Sharm El Sheikh is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. When you arrive at Sharm El Sheikh airport and having to deal with the shambles that greets you along with the heat, The Hyatt Regency is nothing short of paradise.

We didn't feel the need to upgrade our room to the Regency Club because we felt that the extra money (which was a lot) wasn't really worth it because the quality and service you get at the main hotel was nothing short of superb. We were the only people checking in and therefore we were whisked off to our room very quickly. The room was lovely and we had a wonderful sea view room.

The hotel itself is nestled up high on a cliff which therefore gives all main areas amazing views. The 3 swimming pools are therefore tiered. The pool at the top is the lazy river and it also has a hot tub. The next pool is the main pool which also has a splash pool which the 80m waterslide comes into. The final pool is nearest the beach and is an 'adult only' pool and has a lovely waterfall in it.

The beach is good however don't expect powder white sand because you will be disappointed. It has coarse gritty sand however the main pull is the snorkelling and diving which it completely out of this world. They have a pontoon which you are requested to dive from although there is a small area from the beach which you can enter the sea from. This is because the coral comes in so far that they don't want people standing on it and damaging it. The water is very clear and very warm (23 degrees).

Within the hotel are 5 restaurants, 2 of which are only open during the day (The Beach House and Cascades). The other 3, The Souk, Sala Thai and Cafe Fresco are open during the evening. All the restaurants was very good and in particular the Sala Thai which apparently is the best Thai restaurant in Egypt!

At all times we found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again, in fact I would go back tomorrow!

Unique Quality: Fantastic views, great choice of pools, amazing snorkelling

Directions: The hotel is located approx. 15 min drive from Sharm El Sheikh airport.

• the place of your dreams

what a nice place to stay! everything you need you have in this hotel.
    Ps, you can find the famous Josiane Bianchini pictures in the hotel shops.

Unique Quality: the garden is faboulousss!

Directions: close to naamabay

• the place of your dreams

what a nice place to stay! everything you need you have in this hotel.
    Ps, you can find the famous Josiane Bianchini pictures in the hotel shops.

Unique Quality: the garden is faboulousss!

Directions: close to naamabay

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Regency Club

The Regency Club at the Hyatt is a 'hotel within a hotel'.

The upgrade form the basic siew VIEW room is an extra $60 per room per night based on the rack rate. As we already had a sea FRONT room booked, the upgrade was only $20 extra per room per night. So, for £150 extra for 11 nights, we received the following benefits:

Private check-in & Concierge
    Overall better and more personal service
    Complimentary soft drinks throughout the day which was handy as we were going through about 3 litres a day each (occasional pool drinks waiter service too).
    Complimentary alcoholic drinks and yummy canapes between 5.30-7.30pm on the Regency terrace. You basically help yourself to a huge range of meats, cheese, breads, sometimes sushi, seafood bites, satay chicken, fresh fruit, breadsticks, crostini, mini tartlets, honey glazed chicken bites - the list goes on and the canapes change daily.
    Free daily newspaper
    Twice daily maid service
    Use of private pool/whirlpool for Regency guests only - the design of which rivals the other pools and is much quieter.
    Games room
    Free internet access in the games room
    Private beach.

Complimenary continental breakfast, including the most delcious pastries and doughnuts!

There are more photos in my 'Regency' travelogue.

Unique Quality: The personal service you receive from Regency Club alone is worth the extra in my opinion, and if I returned to this hotel I would definately upgrade again.

Everything is "with pleasure maam". I will admit, sometimes it seems a bit put on from the less experienced staff, (who are still very good) and so the experience itself can be humbling. The staff treat you like Royalty and insisit on not let you lift a finger (even when I tried!). We made absolutely sure that they knew how appreciative we were for the way they acted towards us, and chatting with many of them at length. We have stayed at some nice hotels, but like in the Maldives, the service was exceptional.

Mohammed and Ahmed on the Regency front desk are excellent and very professional, and are a pleasure to have met.

Like I have said previously, if you're not a sucker for these extra little things (like I am!) then there is no need to upgrade - the rest of the resort is still wonderful.

I'd even say that you are better off in the normal hotel section if you have young children. There were a few children running riot around the pool in the Regency Club whose parents seemed to be on strike while on holiday; children being children does not bother anyone I hope, but the lack of parenting raised a few eyebrows with most of the guests at Regency Club quite rightly with this particular family....it's definately better for couples or families with older children as the focus is on peace and tranquility.

Overall, the Regency Club turned what would have been for us a "pretty good holiday" into a "very good holiday" and I recommend the upgrade if those special touches are important to you.

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

This hotel is rated as a 5*. As far as facilities go, it deserves this rating; it's a fully self sufficient resort with everything you could possibly need, but the rooms are more of an average 4 star. You approach via strict security & drive through meandering pathways lined with unbelievably green grass & palm trees to a grand entrance with several water features/fountains.

The first thing that you see is the huge wonderful floor to ceiling window in the lobby, offering a breathtaking view of the pools, gardens, and, er, The Gardens (reef that is!). Yes, the hotel is situated on the Middle Garden Reef, one of the best in the area.

We booked the holiday via Cosmos, but upgraded to the Regency Club direct. It certainly made a difference; straight away we were whisked in a golf buggy to the Regency Club, where we sat with a cool drink while we checked in. More info on Regency Club below.

Our initial room was part of one of the Regency villa complexes, but ground floor with no view (except of a hedge!) and was not very private. It was lovely inside - 4 piece bathroom with wooden shutters, & a cute U-shaped sitting area off the bedroom, but we had requested a higher floor for a better view and were a tad disappointed. It wasn't a disaster, but my husband went to Regency Club reception, and politely asked if there might be any other rooms available on a higher floor, but specifically said that we knew it was a request only and not a guarantee. Luckily, the receptionist said there was a room that had just been vacated that he was sure we'd be much happier with, which would be ready in an hour. You can see from my Hyatt travelogues that the view of our new room was wonderful & even though it wasn’t quite as nice and individual as the first, we were much happier with it due to the view & privacy.

Rooms have a kingsize bed, with very comfy pillows, air con & ceiling fan. A TV is enclosed in a cabinet. Theres a work table, armchair w/footstool, mini bar, several mirrors.

Unique Quality: Because of the vast area that the hotel covers, it NEVER felt crowed.

Back to the room. Bathroom in this room was only 3 piece but nice with seperate shower cubicle...starting to show it’s age a little though. Rooms are comfortable & clean but not luxurious. They're laid in different blocks - not big high rises, so you feel like you are in your own small village most of the time.
    The clientele was appx 30% Russian, 30% British & the rest a mix of American, French, German etc.

The grounds are very well manicured, gardeners are constantly pruning & watering, even using a pallet knife to trim the lawn edge! There are three pools on different levels. The first has a lazy river with rock grottos & waterfalls, it's more of a sea green colour to give a natural feel to it. The second is light blue & adults only. The third is similar which is also where you land after riding the corkscrew slide (which is great fun even for adults!). There is plenty of terrace space for sunbeds, some reserved sadly, although I don't know how busy it got during the day as we used the Regency Private pool.

Restaurants; there is the Sala Thai and Souk, both reviewed in my restaurant pages. Cascades serves poolside snacks during the day. Cafe Fresco is open for breakfast & dinner. At breakfast there was a huge selection; sausages, bacon, eggs, fruit, yoghurts, falafels, cereal, a pancake/omelette chef, juices, water... mainly buffet but has EVERYTHING you could want.

Everything around the resort has a grand appearance, much of the architecture is marble & there are winding pathways between room blocks & water features at every glance. They certainly don't do things by half in Egypt!

Overall, depending on where you have to travelled to previously, this is a lovely hotel. It's too big to be intimate, but the Regency Club does offer a certain level of exclusiveness in an otherwise sprawling resort. After our previous travels, I wouldn't say I was bowled over by the hotel, but still had a wonderful time that I will look back on fondly.

• Nice but very very exspensive

For the price of the hotel the rooms are basic, decor is ok, but badly finished, several times we had to have the room debugged as we woke up several times in the night to find our bed full of ants,
    Staff are helpful most of the time, but they can be short and unhelpful but this is rare, We paid just under 2000 for a 2 week B&B in the hotel, we found the found the food Very over priced for what you get, Example in the souk it costs you £8.00 for a chicken breast with rice, and I mean that only, not alot there, were as in town you can get somthing alot better and more for your money, we found the Thai restraunt disapointing since we had heard so much about it, priced ok, BUT dont buy the Wine Way way way over priced for what you get.
    Now just for you penny costing people out there, our final bill came to over $2900 for two weeks stay and THAT is not for the accomadation that is the bills only!!!
    1200 was diving etc but the rest was food, drink etc, and that is about a normal bill for the hotel!!!
    Bewarned they charge you for eveything in the hotel except the Diving in Egyption pounds However when you pay the final bill it is in USA dollars, we paid an extra 200 pounds because of this and they did not wanna do anything about it, so pay as you go dont put on the room you will regret it.

Unique Quality: Diving.....
    The diving centre at the hotel is part of the red sea diving collage, I found them helpful and willing to help as best as they can, you can see some very colourful people working there, From Snowy the boss to achmed thru to Victor the russion queen lol.
    Couple of words of warning tho, The prices for the course books like Padi Open water Buy before you go, you can get them with the diving centre in the hotel for at least £50, intown about £39, but try Ebay you can get loads on there.
    For those more advanced people out there they also do Nitrox and deeper diving again buy the books and charts in the uk or on Ebay, Nitrox charts for £40.00 in all shops in Sharm and you have to have them so buy ere cheaper..also check the Equipment at the centre fully before you dive, nothing serious happend there, but one or 2 minor problems like, Bar needles getting stuck and weight belts worns etc.
    also you pay in Euros and pay them directly via the hotel you end up paying more due to the bad converstion.

• Hyatt Regency

I recently returned from the Hyatt Regency and have to say that I had an absolutely lovely time. My Partner and myself stayed in the Regency Club section of the hotel and was treated very well, the staff were very friendly and I could not fault the hotel.

Gardens Bay was stunning, the view from my hotel room was fantastic.

Food was fabulous and it wasn't expensive in my opinion. I would definately recommend anyone to go to this hotel especially staying in the Regency part which is well worth the additional expense.

Unique Quality: Fantastic Rooms. Great Food. Friendly Staff. Stunning Views of the Reef. Gardens Bay is great for scuba diving and snokelling.

• A lovely hotel in Sharm el Sheikh

Lovely hotel, good restaurants and very helpful staff. Great location with views of Tiran Island

Unique Quality: Three swimming pools to choose from and "The Gardens" reef in front of the hotel. Great views from the hotel. 5 restaurants to choose from including a great Thai

• DiploTraveler's Profile Photo

Lovely, at a Price

Just back from a four-day getaway at Sharm's Hyatt Regency. We stayed in a Regency Club Junior Suite, which had a comfortable two-room setup, both a lavish master bath and a half-bath in the living room, and first-rate furnishings, linens, etc. We did have some trouble initially with drains, quickly fixed, and with lights (on the last day, a recessed halogen light in the master bath, whose fuse had had to be fixed on our arrival, actually exploded). Both living room and bedroom were generously sized; the bedroom featured a comfortable seating alcove with Arabesque woodwork on the windows.

By Egyptian standards, this is a large and somewhat impersonal resort. If not in the Regency Club, we would have been hard pressed to find quiet, pleasant places for breakfast, cocktails, and swimming. The Club's versions of all three, though, are excellent

Service sets the Hyatt apart -- everyone we met was pleasant and professional. In a country where it's almost impossible to find good service, it was a refreshing change.

While the pools are lovely, having so many separate ones means that none is large, and all are crowded. Oddly, none have a deep end. We were glad to have access to the Club pool, which is very quiet and features ample loungers and attentive waiters.

We tried the Thai restaurant, which had good food and a lovely atmosphere on the terrace. The standout, though, was dinner at the Beach House -- a stunningly beautiful setting directly on the seal We didn't have a chance to try the food-court style souk, but I was surprised at how lovely, well run, and generally inviting it was -- on a return visit it would be a first choice for dinner.

We had massages and used the sauna, the latter several times. The staff were wonderful, and the facilities magnificent. The sauna was a great quiet retreat at midday when the sun was too hot.

Unique Quality: The Hyatt is a genuinely beautiful place that takes good advantage of its magnificent natural setting. The landscaping is gorgeous, and in general there's a level of polish and comfort that's head and shoulders above most places in Egypt. The coral reefs are right off the beach (you can walk out on a pontoon dock and look even if not a diver or snorkeling-fan).

The scale of the place, which can be a downside -- lots of walking -- also means it has a great assortment of facilites -- restaurant choices, recreation options, and accommodation choices. While I'm sure even the basic rooms are fine, they might not be considered fully five-star by some standards; moving up the scale, though, the amenities pile on, and you're getting great value for money on club rooms and suites.

Directions: The Hyatt Regency is located between the town of Naama Bay and the airport. It's about ten minutes by taxi to town, but the hotel has enough to do that, frankly, there's no reason to put up with Naama Bay's honky-tonk atmosphere!

• TinKan's Profile Photo

A Magical place

You can see that the Hyatt is an awesome looking place and it is so green compaired to the rest of the area. The grounds are covered with beautiiful flowers and waterfalls which makes it a magical place to spend some time with the person you love.

All of the attractions at the Hyatt are free with the exception of the scuba diving and the eating places.

• TinKan's Profile Photo

AWESOME

The Hyatt is an awesome hotel where everything you could ever want or need is taken care of for you.

The hotel has it's own private beach and is like a mini city all by it self. You do not ever need to leave if you do not want to see the rest of the area but do get out and see the town.

Unique Quality: Stay in the regency club if you can as there is a free coctail hour and free food if you do.

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency Sharm-el-Sheikh

I paid about US$120 per night.

Unique Quality: I highly recommend this hotel. It was just gorgeous, with a huge swimming pool/garden complex in the middle. The rooms are modern, spacious, and comfy.

More about Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

Room at Hyatt RegencyRoom at Hyatt Regency

The Souk, Hyatt RegencyThe Souk, Hyatt Regency

hyatt regency hotelhyatt regency hotel

Hyatt Regency, Sharm El Sheikh

by LisaMJ

After asking some question in the general Egypt forum, it looks like we may travel to Sharm El Sheikh in March/April next year.

Of all the hotels we have looked at, the Hyatt looks like it suits us, but I do have some questions....

How is the snorkelling from the hotel? I read there are lots of lionfish around, is this true?

I read that normal seaview/seafront rooms only get to us the very busy pools with lots of kids around, and that the Regency Club Rooms are recommended for their more private pool, cocktails, and the area of the hotel the rooms are in - anyone else have opinions on this, because it's about an extra £500 - £600 GBP for these rooms.

Any other tips appreciated.

by LisaMJ

Yep £500 - £600 depending on the agent. I haven't put my negotiating cap on yet, but it's basically an extra £35 pppn.

Lisa

by LisaMJ

Thats what I'm trying to find out ! :-)

by buzz409

Hi lisa...

I stayed at the hyatt in the regency club 2 years ago. I have done a great deal of traveling and I have to tell you this was the most beautiful hotel I have EVER stayed at in my life. I have paid stayed at $700 per night hotels in Bora Bora, and this hotel in this section of the place tops that!!....It was cheaper by about $100 when I went. I am going again in March 2005 and this will be my address. Im in boston...been to Egypt 5 times....love it!! When are you going and to what parts?

by LisaMJ

Thanks for the response - so in your opinion is the upgrade worth it? Did you see the normal rooms in comparison?

Thinking of going in April, and have been debating between Hyatt and Ritz Carlton......... possibly doing a couple of nights in Cairo on the way there.

Thanks for the info!!!!

Re: Hyatt Regency, Sharm El Sheikh

by GlenTaylor

Everything i heard about the Hyatt was fantastic......apparantly one of the nicest hotels in Sharm. Another nice one is the Maxim Plaza......either way, you'll love it, and have fun!!

Re: Hyatt Regency, Sharm El Sheikh

by agal

stayed at hyatt in august in standard seaview rooms,rooms nice, cleaned 3 times a day mini bar and cable tv+room service all provided.Adult only pool nearest to beach and very quiet with padded sunloungers and waiter service.No need to pay extra as staff can"t do enough for you they are very helpfull.Choice of restuarants in hyatt more expensive than Namma bay meals in Namma bay £15 for two course with drinks per couple.Snorkelling of jetty at hyatt exellent all types of marine life to see don"t be affraid the are more scared of you. HAVE A GREAT TIME YOU WILL LOVE EGYPT

• Feb 15, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi just booked to stay in the Hyatt Regency for a week in July. Only booked a standard room with sea view but I am very tempted to upgrade to the regency suite. Any opinions would be great thanks

• leics's Profile Photo
      Feb 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Welcome to VT, Millie. Hardly anyone will see your question here at the bottom of the hotel page. Better to ask the question on the VT Sharm travel forum, where you are far more likely to get some helpful replies (we have a member who lives in Sharm as well as one who visits regularly):

Sharm El Sheikh Travel Forum