Iberotel Grand Sharm

Ras Um Sid HIll, PO Box 116, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Good For No Data
  • Relaxing in Sharm el Sheik our second home in Egyp

The name of the hotel is changed in Royal Grand Sharm.

I stayed with with my wife in this hotel since 2004. The management and all other employees work very hard to give you the feeling to have a second home in the hotel, they are very succesfull in this.

We love their attention and working in fullfill our wishes.

The rif before the hotel is suberb and all fish are like in a aquarium.

I can highly to recoment this hotel for a nice and cosy stay in the Sinai.

Unique Quality: Hotel has a nice pool, an outstanding house riff for snorkling and diving.

In the evening on the terras it is nice to dine there.

• bliskavica's Profile Photo

Charm in Sharm

One week stay in the hotel and I enjoyed every minute.
    Hotel with great hospitality and friendly stuf. The location is very good- on the private beach and private reef. You can snorkeling direct on hotel beach. Not so good for non swimmer (they have two swimming poolsfor use).
    Rooms: confortable, spacious. Give some extra to get a room with sea and pool view. You will enjoiy unforgotable sunrises (if you wake up early).
    Food and services: excellent. Dinner buffet rich and changes every day . The stuff cares really for your good feeling. Enjoy dinner on the terrace with great panoramic view.
    Animation team , some free extras on the beach make your staying confortable.
    Only few minutes away from Old Market and about 10 km to Naama Bay

Unique Quality: Reefs direct in front of hotel on private beach.
    Diving center
    Very clean
    We eat all the food withouth any problems (also vegetables, cookies, yogurth...)
    Great hospitality
    Peacefully (during my stay at end of february)
    Shuttle bus to Old Market and Naama Bay free, 3 times a day.
    Every evening entertainment (like Egyptian folklore, dance....)

Directions: Om El-Seid Hill
    Sharm Elk Sheikh

• Myndo's Profile Photo

Iberotel Palace in Old Sharm

The Iberotel Palace is located in Old Sharm, it is a huge complex, two stories high with 4 wings.
    You can eat in the main restaurant (Buffet) see picture, or in the italian restaurant also on the area.

The rooms are clean, the service friendly.

If you want to have a place in the shadow in the beach, you must have to get up early enough.
    If you are reserving a place, do it only with the towels that are provided at the beach, else they will take your things away.

Unique Quality: The beach is clean, but if you want to see some corals, you have to take the boat (or walk) to the public beach (10 minutes wasy).

There is also a pool and an inside pool (heated) and you can have massages (yes, this costs extra).

There are some shops included in the hotel and on the second floor there is also a bank and an internet cafe.

More about Iberotel Grand Sharm

Beer Shop

by beccyandjohn about Habada

Make sure to stock up on your alcohol beverages here, much cheaper than the hotels.

Most hotels charge approx 2.50 GBP for a pint of beer i.e. Stella, here it's approx 75p for a large can. Bottles of flavoured vodka bassed drinks like Barcardi are pretty good and only approx 85p a bottle.

Water is cheap - for a littre approx 20p

Also sell a variety of crisps and snacks.

When staying at the Creative Grand Sharm and Mexican we took some bottles/cans back to our room so we could have a drink before we went out on an evening.

Top Quality Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AnneMarieCaunce

We arrived back in Preston last Thursday after spending a brilliant week @ The Iberotel Grand Sharm. We had heard mixed reports about the accommodation in Egypt but I'm glad to say we could not fault it. We were due to go to the Creative Grand Sharm but after seeing it on "Holidays From Hell" we quickly changed! I have read previous comments from people and I agree to some extend about the level of service for drinks as this at times was very slow and could be quite annoying but given that it was Ramadan we did perceiver. The best advice would be "DOUBLE UP" as we went all inclusive! On the subject of all inclusive we did get alot of mixed messages about what our drink entitlement was. From our experience you could drink all beer, soft drinks (except fresh juice), wine & cocktails! There was only one cocktail that was not included, Blue Hawaiian.
We could not fault the food although some things like pasta were on every night but we had that 3 nights on the run as it was that good. I feel they catered for everyone from delicious fresh bread and salad to kebabs cooked outside. A good tip - pinch a few bread rolls and take them down to the jetty, you will see some amazing fish.
If you do venture out then book a taxi through reception as the blue crazy taxis do not have insurance! That trip should cost you about £7 return
Naama bay was good although quite hectic so be prepared to be harassed! We ate at Hard Rock Cafe which was excellent food but be careful of the 22% tax they add on at the end of your bill.
Best recommendation is the quad bikes - booked it through the hotel - £35 per couple - amazing experience.

The hotel on the whole was great, clean, welcoming and had that extra 5* touch - we will definitely be going back

An amazing place....

by TripAdvisor Member Sunseeker_Bristol

We have just returned from a week AI at the Iberotel Grand Sharm and had a really lovely time.

This was our 2nd visit to Sharm...the 1st time we stayed in Domina Coral Bay which was pretty average, but this hotel exceeded our expectations in every way.

The rooms were cleaned twice a day and were spotless (very powerful showers and fantastic air conditioning) with a beautiful view out to sea.

The pool area and beach were very well maintained and very relaxing, and the pool bar waiters were great..by the 3rd day they knew our drink orders off by heart, and even poured us drinks and called us over before we asked for them!

The snorkelling was great too... we didn't bother to go on any trips as you could see all the fish you could wish for from the jetty!

Sitting outside for dinner looking out over the sea in the evenings was also fantastic...although you need to get there early or a bit later if you don't want to have to wait for a table. The waiting staff were great (especially Sameh.....I said i'd say hello so "hi Sameh")....we always had drinks within 5 minutes of getting there and our plates were cleared almost straight away! The food was good...not amazing, and it probably would be a bit repetitive after a week...but there was something different every night.

This is definitely an excellent hotel...and the little things like the melon and chocolates that they handed out by the pool, the guy who cleaned your sunglasses everyday and being sprayed with rose water when it's really hot, made it the kind of place that you would definitely want to go back to.

fond memories

by TripAdvisor Member nancy&billy

we had a wonderful holiday at the Iberotel and are definately going back. The hotel is so clean and the staff are so friendly and helpful.
We requested a room with a sea view and this we got .... the most beautiful view from our balcony ..and the room service was fantastic... fresh flowers and amazing creations of snakes, dolphins .or babies made out of our towels and laid on our beds... we so appreciated this special touch.
In the restaurant we never had to wait for a table and our drinks order was taken almost immediately. The food was fine and we always found something to tempt our palate. WE booked for the romantic dinner which was served on the beach.... this was lovely.... beautiful food served in such an amazing setting.. the Red Sea lapping almost at our toes ...this is one of our loveliest memories. We were recommended this evening by Sameh ...who works the outside restaurant and also around the poolside ...daily. Sameh works long hours but is always smiling ....and you dont need to go looking for him .... he always finds you ...another lovely memory.
My husband had his first taste of snorkelling and is well and truly hooked..he was astounded at the variety of fish.. and cant wait to repeat this experience.
To sum up our holiday.......we loved every second of it..and we will definately be returning to the Iberotel grand sharm .....so dont dither .....do it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover

by TripAdvisor Member Supershiv

The Iberotel Grand Sharm is a beautifully presented and laid out hotel, but the service really lets it down.
Stayed for 2 weeks All Inclusive end of September to beginning October, and in the first week we were lucky to get a drink with our meals and/or find a table that was set. The food in the first week was decidedly average - a choice of chicken, fish, rice, potato, pasta or salad - for lunch & dinner. The All Inclusive snack option between breakfast and lunch was some dodgy danish pastries that the birds had been picking at (literally).
We witnessed a waiter spitting behind a German customers back after he had complained, and this and the attitude of the management/reception staff when we queried an item on our bill (I quote "you are English, you can afford it, just pay it") & if we were given the right room, made us feel that we dare not complain or ask anything further.
German AI guests have an extra choice at lunchtimes - the Pharoah menu, which is a freshly cooked a la carte menu by the pool bar. The British were not entitled to this. Having spoken to a lovely German couple to see if they had paid more for this service, they informed us that they had paid the same as us but for 3 weeks AI and after they complained about service they had actually got a partial refund from the hotel management. They encouraged me to complain, but after what I've previously mentioned I just didn't have the heart.
The Italians had their own 'divi-club' (animation team) and pool area, the British were allowed to get drinks from here (not that you'd understand the entertainment unless you spoke Italiano), but were not allowed to have the snacks provided for the Italians.
Do not think about taking ANY food or drink into the hotel. We were asked to be escorted to our room by hotel security for trying to take 4 cans of lager and a packet of crisps to our room and were made to feel like criminals. So sorry folks at home - no Egyptian lager for pressies and no sweets for the office (Only sell European brands at duty free). At this point I just wanted to go home, I don't go on holiday to look for confrontation, I just want to relax, but after these incidents I got totally paranoid!
The second week was much improved, we actually managed to get set tables and our drinks arrived almost immediately every time. Every evening, as well as the normal food already mentioned there were an extra 2/3 fresh food stations serving pizza, quiche, kebabs, jacket potatoes, steamed fish parcels etc. This was more like it! It was such a shame that the first week had so jaded us.
I do feel that some of our problems could have been solved/would never have happened if the hotel just communicated better with it's guests.
I cannot fault the cleanliness of the hotel and one of the big bonuses is that most drinks are served from the bottle or can, meaning you can be sure of the quality you're supping (when you can get service) - unlike draught - and I didn't have a dodgy belly the whole time I was there.
Like I said at the beginning beautiful hotel, I just wish we'd arrived a week later.

Be aware

by TripAdvisor Member LoveSol

My husband and I spent the week of New Year in the Iberotel Grand Sharm. It was our second time in Egypt; last year we spent 2 weeks (3 nights in Cairo, 4 nights Nile cruise and one week in the hotel Movenpick in El Gouna) That time, we both enjoyed the holiday enormously and found Egyptian people really welcoming and friendly, both agreed it was the best holiday ever. So we decided to go back to Egypt for a week of much needed rest and relax, this time for time and flight convenience we had to go to Sharm and the Iberotel Grand Sharm.

Common areas: Reception is ok, the choice for restaurant is a buffet restaurant and an “A la Carte”, a bar and a disco. In general these areas were fine although, in my opinion, it wouldn't do any harm to modernise a bit the decoration, it looked a bit worn out, also i was expecting more from a 5 star, comparing it with the Movenpick in El Gouna...well there's no comparison!

Bedroom: We were told that our bedroom was supposed to be one of the best ones (!?) the interior again, in my opinion, it needed some refurbish work done, specially (and urgently!) the bathroom, it looked old and unclean, regarding toiletries there were only shampoo, shower gel and soap (usually 5* offer more than that) also some pieces of furniture really needed to be replaced (i.e: the lamps’ shades were cracked and falling apart!)

Pools: There's a nice and reasonable size pool outside, however the water was freezing cold and never used it, and i guess for that reason we didn't experience the problems finding pool chairs, as other tripavisors did. There's another pool, smaller and heated, but it was too busy and there was no chance to get a chair there so we only went for a short swim once.

Beach: Surprise, surprise, there's NO beach! the hotel is by the sea but surrounded by coral, and apart from being protected area, you couldn't really walk on it, so if you want to swim in the sea you can reach it by walking on some kind of piers, a path-way made by plastic cubes that goes some 10-15 metres into the sea, at the end of these piers there's a couple of stairs (like in a pool) to go into the water. As the space is quite limited, it was always crowded,...i cannot imagine how they manage in summer! I was quite disappointed by this, remembering how nice it was the beach at the Movenpick in El Gouna, I was really looking forward to relaxing on a sandy beach this time also, and well, that wasn’t possible!

Staff: In general the staff in reception and restaurant were ok, although i always had the impression that they were just looking for a tip, when they talk to you, they don't look at your eyes but at your hands! expecting a note to materialize from your pockets or your bag. We didn’t experience this when we were in Cairo, on the Nile cruise or in El Gouna last year.

Food: We were in half board so we had dinner every night in the buffet restaurant which was a bit repetitive, but the food was ok. There was a generous choice of salads, pasta (which you choose the ingredients and they prepare it for u) chicken and fish (every night but cooked differently) and plenty of sweet pastries and cakes for dessert, also one night they had a BBQ.
Look for Mohamed Al H...(can't remember the rest) a small guy, he was very nice and very proffesional.

And finally but most important!

THE BAR!
Please be aware when you order a drink, what and how you order it and more important, what they charge you!
We had several problems with the staff working in the bar and the disco. I don't drink beer so i first ordered a martini rosso, i was given a glass with the bottom barely covered with liquid (half a shot, if!) when i asked if that was all i was getting for 33 Epounds (4.4 euro) a very short, chubby waiter (be careful with this guy) coldly replayed; yes that's all! and walked away, i was more surprised by his unfriendly manners that for the mean amount of drink i was getting.

Next time i tried to order a cocktail called Cuba libre (rum, lemon and coke) i pointed it on the menu and asked if it was possible to have it with diet coke instead of coke, the same unfriendly guy said, "no problem" however when we paid he didn't give us any change, when we asked why, he said that by changing the coke to diet coke, it wasn't a cocktail any more, blah, blah,...in any case we were due 3 pounds change that he decided to keep.

These 2 incidents really put me off going to the bar anymore so we tried the disco...and unfortunately the same happened there! I tried to avoid more problems by pointing the drink and its price on the menu when i ordered it, this time they overcharged us 10 pounds! when asked why, they said they have used Bacardi rum instead of local rum, blah, blah........but why??? at this point i was quite annoyed with the whole drink thing and complained so he rectified and charged us the menu price (which, at the end of the day, that what’s all we wanted!) he was friendlier than the staff at the bar.

The last night of our stay, I tried my luck again by ordering the same in the bar but to a different waiter, I specified i wanted to pay what the menu stated and nothing more, this guy although surprised because i didn't want bacardi rum (which by his info, it would have cost me even more than the day before!?) at least he was friendly and even ofered us a free drink to compensate for the bad experiences, we declined, i guess by then we were both fed up with the whole issue.

It was no really a money issue, (we are talking about 1-2 euro difference) but what really annoyed me was the fact that every time we ordered a drink we had to explain exactly what we wanted and still be overcharged -every-single-time- and so we had to complain, they would tell us some silly excuse, self-tipped theirselves, etcetc…..it was just annoying, frustrating and simply not nice when all we want is to have a relaxing holiday, and to have a drink after dinner and be charged what it says in the menu, nothing more nothing less.

Still, our experience last year was so good that we might go back to Egypt,… but definitely not to a Iberotel.

Creative Grand Sharm Hotel

by joolssss

"The Hotel"

This Hotel is a great hotel with fantastic staff who couldnt do enough for us. I could not find any details on the web before i went so i thought I would put up some info for other people going there.

"hotel pool"

This is a lovely pool, it gets a bit slippy on the bridge so watch out ! you can hire towels from a guy by the pool so no need to pack your own!

"Hotel Room"

The rooms are big and clean, all with air con and a pool view. There is a TV with a couple of english channels, be careful though, they dont have a watershed!

"Poolside bar"

We would come here for lunch, and to get out of the midday sun. Its very very cheap, and the guys who run it are second to none. You can buy beer, pop tea or coffee, or snacks like salads, chips, burgers, and a few local items such as falafel.

"Hotel beach"

The beach belonging to the Grand Sharm was great. You could take a five minute walk or catch the shuttle bus. Its a two tier beach, it has a bar, massage parlour,toilets, showers etc. There is a jetty taking you out to the edge of the reef or you can just paddle and see fish around your ankles!

The Iberotel Grand SharmThe Iberotel Grand Sharm

grand sharmgrand sharm

creative grand sharm beachcreative grand sharm beach

hotel grand sharm

by mitiebob

has anyone any information on the hotel grand sharm

RE: RE: hotel grand sharm

by mitiebob

thank you for your reply, my wife and i were thinking about stopping at this hotel but we have been told to stay at the concorde el salam so any information concerning this hotel would be appreciated.

Comments