Naama Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo

The Most Wonderful View!

I had chosen the room from the website and LOVED it from the moment I saw it! It was everything that I had hoped for - and more...

Unique Quality: Quiet - Fabulous Location - 20 steps to the Bay. Great Food, staff and pool! Amazing accomodations!

Directions: There are security restrictions. Your taxi cannot deliver you to the hotel but must stop at the top of the hill. A walk down is not difficult, unless you have poor shoes, lots of luggage and/or it is HOT! (Yes, we walked!)

• Katakito's Profile Photo

Iberotel Lido Sharm

Appearing majestically like the bow of a grand cruise-liner, anchoring directly on Sharm El Sheikh's Naama Beach.

I have good memory about the time staying in this hotel........It was "starting to be changed....."

Me and Tanya

April, 2004

More about Iberotel Lido

Loved the Lido

by TripAdvisor Member annabellamartha

I have just returned from my trip to the Iberotel Lido and i don't have a bad word to say about it!My boyfriend and I enjoyed every minute of it and we were not disapointed once! We checked out the Lido online and what you see in the pictures is what you get.
The rooms were immaculate and great care taken when they were cleaned! We had a fantastic view from our room, looking right out onto the beach.
The staff at the Lido were lovely, they were alyways trying to please you. They knew exactly how everyone liked things too. If you sat in the same spot more than once you would find your towels already out for you in the morning!
The food from the restaurant was brilliant too, we couldn't fault it. We ate there nearly every day and the prices are very reasonable too.
The location of the Lido was brilliant with everything you needed close enough.
I'd definately recomend this hotel to a friend and if I return to Sharm I will definately be returning to the Iberotel Lido! It was fantastic!

Great hotel! Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member evelknievel

Other people's reviews on this site resulted in us making the right choice and having a great holiday hence I'm returning the favour.
My girlfriend and I wanted a really nice hotel that was also near some life and this hotel was absolutely perfect. It rates as one of the best hotels I have stayed in and it's location is superb. Sharm El Sheikh is split into Sharm El Sheikh, Naama Bay and the area running from Naama Bay north along the coast. The Iberotel Lido is situated on the beachside about a five minute walk from the centre of Naama Bay. It's close enough but also far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of the resort.
The Hotel itself is lovely. Really well designed, it has an air of calm about it that I have rarely experienced in a holiday hotel. As a result it is great for couples. The rooms are excellent with air conditioning, a nice en suite and a balcony. We were originally allocated a room that was situated next to some extractor fans that were a bit noisy and we asked to be moved. We were immediatly moved to a quiter room which was great. This would be my one and only warning. If you do book direct try to avoid the couple of rooms next to the fans. Although having said that the excellence of the rest of the hotel would still make up for a little fan noise! Also these rooms do have a good sea view so I guess that makes up for it too! The pool is situated on the roof deck which gives you fantastic views of the bay and the mountains beyond. The bar staff on the roof were genuinely friendly, helpful and good fun. We were booked on a half board basis and it worked well. The food was good compared to some of the meals we had in the town and the staff were excellent especially the chefs who fried our eggs in the morning! The location of the restaurant is fantastic, literally on the edge of the sea overlooking the the diving boats. After reading reviews about Egypt we were very wary about getting a stomach bug. I met very few people who had been ill at our hotel and we were fine. Our policy throughout the week was to avoid ice in drinks, salads milk and ice cream. We stuck to food that we knew had been cooked and it seemed to work. In any case I wouldn't worry too much as you can get some pills from the local pharmacy that sort you out very quickly if you get unlucky.
Another really great plus about this hotel is the chilled out terrace bar and the deck that extends out to sea. By day you can sunbathe on the deck and at night it becomes a restaurant. It is like having dinner above a tropical fish tank. It's really quite special. The terrace bar has nice comfy sofa's where you can relax to chilled out tunes with a great view of the bay.
Verdict: If you want a great stylish chilled out hotel literally on the beach with some life nearby this is hard to beat. Thankyou Iberotel Lido!!!!

Fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member Travellingjanny

My husband and I have just returned a few days ago from a week's stay at the Iberotel Lido. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before we went and was very confident that we would be pleased with our choice and we were not disappointed at all. As soon as we arrived we were checked in and shown to our room. We were then given an escorted tour around the hotel to be shown the amenities available. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and bought our midday meal within the hotel, either around the pool or in the Dolphino restaurant which is where you have your breakfast. We always charged this to our room, to pay on checking out. We were very pleased with the final bill as it came to much less than we thought it would, but the quality of the food was very high. The main restaurant overlooks Naama Bay and is very picturesque. At night, the decking is lit up and you can see into the sea and watch all manner of fish swimming around. It really is beautiful. All staff were lovely and couldn't help you enough. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this hotel. The location is excellent as you are literally in the very centre of Naama Bay and just a few minutes walking distance from the shops and bars. We enjoyed it so much that we are going to book for next year, and I can't wait!!

Very Impressed with this choice

by TripAdvisor Member Gyekye

My friend and I went to Egypt for a week. We took a long time finding a hotel and was very pleased with what we had come up with in the end. The Iberotel Lido is an excellent hotel in terms of the way it looks. It doesn't look like your average hotel which was definitely a plus point for us. The staff were very hospitable and friendly

Housekeeping were excellent to the point where if they were unable to clean your room at one point they would call back again during the day. This was something new as I have stayed in hotels before and if housekeeping called once and you were still in your room, they wouldn't bother calling back for the rest of the day. So at least you knew that in the Lido, they were serious about maintaing a high level of service. They always left the room in an immaculate and clean condition.

As for the rooms, it looked exactly like it did on the site so there were no disappointments. There were no illusions as you knew exactly what you were getting. You simply got what you saw.

The hotel also had lounge areas whether it be in the shade or the sun which was very sophisticated looking which was quite a surprise actually as we did not see that on the site, so that was an added bonus and they always had staff on hand to accommodate you, whether it was a drink that you wanted or something to eat or if you just wanted to laze around. They always made sure that you were comfortable.

The restaurants were fine and the food was good, so no complaints there either. There was always someone on hand to help you out. Plus there were always chefs around to cook certain food on the spot for you.

In terms of location, the hotel was in an ideal place as it was in Naa'ma Bay and right next door to the beach so the only time we used transportation was when we were doing excursions.

The only downfall was the fact that the gym wasn't available and to be honest with you that wasn't a downfall for me really it was more for my friend as he is a gym buff.

But apart from that I couldn't have chosen a better hotel for my first trip to Egypt. The price was reasonable for the time that we went and I got everything that I wanted from the it. So I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sharm, because I can assure you that you will not be disappointed!

Loved the lido

I have just returned from a week at the lido! One of the best holidays of my life! The staff can not do enough to help, the food was fab except that its has 3 restaurants all with the same menu, but tehre is so much to chose from near by that its doesnt matter! rooms were spotless.

The heat is crazy but you are in africa after all! I loved every minute of it.

This hotel has one of the best locations within spitting distance to the beach (not that i did) and a 3 minute walk to the naama bay strip! the galss bottom boat is a must for those that don't want to snorkel or dive.

The hard rock does great food really cheap and if a good song comes on all the waiters dance to it!

You will have a great time.

An Experience i would not forget!!!

when arriving at the Lido iberotel in Sharm not only did i notice how friendly the environment was, but i also noticed that the staff were willing to help and were very generous. The hotel had an amazing view of the red sea and the private beach area from the balconies. When night comes the open bay at the top of the hotel had to be one of the best view sites i have ever seen!!!

You can do as much as you like but you just wont get bored in Lido...There are plenty of things to do to keep you busy during your stay. Lido is situated a 2 mins walk from the shopping area where souvenires and other egyptian items can be brought.

This was my first visit to Egypt and after a few days in settling in we got used to the friendly shopkeepers! i loved it,,,,

When the time of my departure came i had to thank all the staff at Lido for being really attentive and obliging.

I would recommend Sharm el Sheikh for ANYONE!!!

agree totally!

by TripAdvisor Member katie26

I have just booked another wek here after staying for two weeks in October 2004 and for a week in February this year. The staff are excellent and the hotel has vastly improved since my first stay with improvements to the restaurant, rooms and bar area.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Number one for service and location

by TripAdvisor Member lambrinichick

Just got back from the Lido after staying for 2 weeks from 9th to 23rd October 2006 and it is definately one of the best holiday experiences ever. The Lido is a beautiful, chic, boutique style hotel, set out in the style of a ship. It has without a doubt the best and most personal service you could ever wish for.

Its location overlooking the red sea and the whole of Naama bay is breathtaking, especially from the pool deck area on the roof of the Hotel, where you can soak up the endless sunshine. The snorkelling directly from the beach or jetty is amazing with so many different varieties and colours of fish, including lion fish which can be clearly seen at night from the floating restaurant with its lights shining into the sea. This area also doubles as a deck for sunbathing during the day or you may choose to seek sun or shade on the private beach area.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but did also eat at the floating restaurant twice and on both occasions the food was first class, would definately recommend the crab gratin and the jumbo shrimp which were definately the biggest I have ever seen and absolutely delicious (also Shadi, the managers recommendation).

The rooms are very modern and all have balconys and sea views and are kept spotlessly clean by the house keepers who do an excellent job and are also very talented when it comes to making sculptures from towels. We travelled with Neilson Active and must mention Petrina our rep who was excellent, providing a very personal service without being pushy in any way. We did the Cairo by plane trip which was excellent, an extremely full and enjoyable day, would definately recommend it. We also took a boat trip to Tiran Island, only £15 English pounds for a full day with 3 snorkel stops, lunch and soft drinks all day, fantastic. The glass bottom boats which go accross the bay, at only £4 for 1 hour, including a 20 minute snorkel is definately worth a go and hopefully you will see the enormous Napoleon fish, amazing.

The hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from all the shops, bars, restaurants and shisha cafe's of Naama bay where you can experience traditional Egyptian or International cuisine. What made our holiday really special though is the staff at the Lido, they really are the best and make you feel really special. The service they provide is so friendly and personal.and they very quickly get to know you by name and what you like. We would like to say a very big Hello and Thankyou to Salama, Emad, Ibrahem, Yusef, Khalid, Haitham, Jamaica, DJ Mido, Mohammed x 3, Sherif, Eid, Ali, Amir, A. Salem, Gloria and Mr Shadi (the General Manager) who has done an excellent job continually improving the Hotel. Also a big Hello to Pete and Pam a fantastic couple (see you soon) also to Anne Marie and Mahmoud, Roland and Emma and Sue and Steve. Can't wait to return to the Lido again next year. Julie & Mick (Manchester UK.) any questions, please email to julie.mccormack3@ntlworld.com

by Mark1978

Hi all,We have just booked 2 weeks July 07 staying at the lido,has anyone stayed in this hotel? its in or very near to the centre of Naama bay.This will be our first trip to Egypt and we are so looking forward to it and will be trying to see as much as possible roll on 07! Mark

by vdoortje

I have no idea about your Hotel, but you will never see me in Egypt in July!!!! Toooo flaming hot! Sharm might be bearable, but going inland...........?????

Dora.

by guthrumktc

Go to Holidays Uncovered on your computer and you will find some reviews for this hotel there.Quite favourable by the reading i might add.
Cheers Kevin.

by mr.small

Your hotel is very near the centre of Naama bay.It is next to the harbour/jetty about 5 min walk to the centre.

Comments