Sharm El Maya Bay, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt

Orbitz.com Hotelsclick.com Travelocity

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• onlinerep's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel!

I absolutely loved this hotel - couldn't have asked for a better stay. The facilities and amenities are great. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to Naama Bay, 3 times a day. The location is perfect with the Old Market (shops, supermarket) across the road. This is particularly helpful as with the other hotels, they are located in more isolated areas.

Unique Quality: The hotel facilities are great. Beautiful views of the beach with instant access. Great Spa centre. Friendly staff.

Directions: Opposite the Old Market.

• minhillier's Profile Photo

Excellent holiday base 5****

Booked with Thomson's November 2007
    Everything you could possibly need can be found on site (except a "supermarket" for water etc) Water sports, boat trips, Diving school, Fitness centre, sauna, Beauty salon, 3 resturants, + beach "cafe" bars, Bank, a selection of gift shops etc,

We were Bed & Breakfast, suits us, as gives the freedom to go out etc, Breakfast is buffet style, something for everyone, but there always seemed to be a cup shortage, grab one from another table, and try to hang on to it, as the waiters clear up quickly if you leave the table to get something else,

Our first room had a couple of maintenence problems, we were by the pool, they played cheesy music from 10.00 am which covered the whole pool area, so Thomson rep Kathleen got us moved, to ther Arena side of Hotel (they sometimes have evening entertainment there) there was no problem in being moved. So if you like peace and quiet ask to go to the Arena side.

Our room was beautiful, the bed was a mega king size, dressing gowns & slippers provided, mini fridge which is only filled on your request, (get your own from outside Hotel) The "chamber men" really looked after you, we always tipped daily about 10LE (88p)

We used room service a few times it was a lot cheaper than using the restaurants, ie Beefburger & Chips 40 LE (£3.53) where as a meal in La Coupole buffet 150 LE (£13.23) watch the wine/beer prices £3.00 for glass of wine £2.20 bottle of local beer (same price on room service)
    Ladies, you are perfectally safe here on this resort/Beach, I guess its OK for disabled too as there were several wheelchair users, also there is a kids club.

What I really liked overall is that that you were really looked after, all the staff were really friendly, (and not to get tips), there was no pressure from anyone, a totally relaxing holiday

Unique Quality: This Hotel has its own Beach, it is spotless, cards are provided for you to exchange for beach towels, its best to get there quite early for best spots, even if you are later the guys on beach duty will find you a spot, this sectioned beach/waterside has no coral, so safe for kids and feet.

Simon and Shosho worked for the Wellness centre, they gave massages on the beach, two very beautiful kind people, (if you book up for other massages and want a lady i.e Shoso make sure you tell them) (say hello from Tom & Jerry)

There is a free boat (5 minute boat ride) every half hour to the Hotel other beach The "Captain Aziz" is a lovely fella (say hello to him from el capitan a little tip for him is much appreciated), this beach has coral in abundance, the snorkelling is perfect, as the Red sea is so salty, you can literally spend hours snorkelling just floating on the surface of the sea.

There are 2 outdoor swimming pools and one indoors, but with a beautiful beach, who needs them

Directions: Next door to Terrazino beach opposite the Tiran centre (the old market is the other side of Tiran centre.

More about Iberotel Palace

Stunning all round

by natlib about Iberotel Palace

This is an amazing hotel with its own private beach two pools and 5 restuanants Rooms are very clean staff will help in anyway I would Highly recomend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I could say against it that in My opion there is not a lot for children (under 11) to do at night there was only 2 channels on the Tv that were in English It would be easierr to list the Unique Qualities great views, spotless beach,free boat to reef, Amazing food on different themed nights, low noise levels Close to the Old Town, very good prices, internet acsess.

Iberotel Palace in Old Sharm

by Myndo about Iberotel Palace

The Iberotel Palace is located in Old Sharm. It belongs to a hotel group, it is a huge complex, two stories high with 4 wings.
You can eat in the main restaurant (Buffet) see picture, or in the italian restaurant also on the area.

The rooms are clean, the service friendly.

If you want to have a place in the shadow in the beach, you must have to get up early enough.
If you are reserving a place, do it only with the towels that are provided at the beach, else they will take your things away.
Personally I think it is childish behaviour to get up early, just to secure yourself a place for the day. Unfortunately you don't have a choice, because the places are limited and a reserved place will stay so mostly for the rest of the day. The beach is clean, but if you want to see some corals, you have to take the boat (or walk) to the public beach (10 minutes wasy).

There is also a pool and an inside pool (heated) and you can have massages (yes, this costs extra).

There are some shops included in the hotel and on the second floor there is also a bank and an internet cafe.

The internet cafe was pretty slow. I was also a little annoyed, because they would not give me a coupon for a shorter time, claiming they had only those for 1 hour left. I felt like they were telling me this only to make more money out of it.

The other beach...

by swisssinai

Maya Bay, Moya Bay or Noya Bay ? I 've seen lots of different spellings... lets just call it the other beach.

Located on the otherside of Oum el Seid from Naama Bay, this used to be where all the dive boats were moored until they were moved to the next bay.

Iberotel Palace, Seti Sharm, Beach Albatros and Tourquoise Hotels are located on this beach. A pleasant and clean beach. Not much coral and a very gradual slope to the deeper water.

Seafood & Beach, what more could you want

by caryllg about Terazzina

This restaurant is one of my favourite in Sharm el Sheik. Its situated in Old Sharm town about 5k from Naama Bay, next door to the Iberotel Palace Hotel. It is right on beach with tables next to the sea. There is a covered eating area and also an open area where you can lie in the sun and relax on big cushions and loungers. They have a fantastic sound system where you can hear great music as you eat your food or just chill out. After you have finished your meal you can take a nice dip in the sea or smoke some egyptian tobacco with the shisha pipe.

Its also open at night, where the atmosphere is really chilled by candlelight. Everything I tried on this menu was excellent. They have a wide range of seafood dishes and also other european food and sandwiches.

I really rated the seafood soup. Another day I had Calamari and Shrimp with hummous, tahina and other egyptian salads and bedouin bread, which is a little like chapati.

They do some mean cocktails, both with and without alcohol.

I ate here at least 4 times, as Its one of my favourite spots. Staff and the Owner Mohamad are very welcoming and friendly. Try it!!

Fantastic and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member h0lidayheaven

Just returned from the Iberotel Palace and wanted to write a review (my first one ever) as the hotel was so good.

Amazing service from the staff really made it feel friendly and welcoming. The hotel and grounds were immaculate as was the beach. Every day there were activities and entertainment available if you could drag yourself away from your sun lounger.

Both of the hotels restaurants offered good quality food and the breakfasts were amazing - freshly cooked pancakes/ waffles were our favourites, which we feasted on every day!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again.

Great Hotel-Good location.

by TripAdvisor Member NorthYorkshirellass

My husband and I stayed at the Iberotel Palace for 2 weeks at the end of January. The hotel reception was lovely and spacious and the staff very helpful. The security staff and tourism police were also all friendly and helpful. Our room was just opposite the lower outdoor pool and the view lovely.The upper pool was heated during our stay but the lower pool was not. We felt that this was a waist as the water was too cold to swim in. The beach was nice -plenty of loungers and lovely views of the surrounding bay. Our room was cleaned every day and was spotless. It was very spacious. The only thing we thought shoudl've been available were tea/coffee making facilities.

Overall the service was very good. We thought the food reasonbaly priced. The one thing that lets this hotel down is the quality of the food. We ate in the Italian restaurant on the 1st evening but were left unimpressed. It was too formal as well. We stayed on a B&B basis and ate out most nights. The China house restaurant opposite the hotel is very good and cheap! The breakfast choice was excellent though.

I would recommend to stay here-its away from Naama Bay-which is very commercialised and has a far better beach. If you do want to go to Naama Bay the hotel has a free shuttle bus there and back.

Brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member GPB1

When my girlfriend and I (both in our mid 20s) got back from our stay at the Iberotel Palace in May, everyone would ask....'so what was Egypt like?' My answer was always 'brilliant' followed by an explanation that this view owed more to how much we loved the hotel, simply because we rarely ventured out of its grounds! We didn't need to, it was like a small village of its own.

We went on an All Inclusive deal and felt this was well worth it. The food was a varied buffet which was great, my only criticism was it did start to feel a bit samey towards the end of the week. As part of the AI deal though you do get to eat in the Italian restaurant on one night and you get invited to a cocktail reception with the management on another. There are bars scattered around the hotel, the standards of cleanliness are superb, and the gardens outstanding. Most hot places that I've ever been, the grass has been yellow, dry and dead looking....here the gardens are full of colour! The rooms had all you need in a hotel room, a TV, mini bar, balcony, oh...and beds. We were particularly impressed with the bathroom, the shower was the best I've used anyway!

The 'fun pub' was where we spent most of our evenings, it wasn't the liveliest but there was entertainment laid on on most nights such as karaoke and a magic show plus we got to watch the Champions League final in there (although watching that was more my idea!). And don't worry, I found the locally produced beer to be fine.

I won't go on but the staff do deserve special praise. We pretty much keep ourselves to ourselves when we go on holiday (we're not the type who will try to eagerly befriend every member of staff!) but I have to say the staff were the friendliest I have ever met and what made the difference was that they all seemed 'genuinely' pleased to see you when they did so, whether it be the chefs, the DJ, or the bar staff in general, everyone was warm, welcoming and obliging. For us, it was this aspect that truly confirmed our stay as a 5* one.

Enter Iberotel Palace Video into a search engine on the web and you should be able to see for yourself a clip of the hotel, we were impressed by what we saw. Hope this helps.

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member anjee

Just arrived home after a week at this lovely hotel.
What can i say, it was fantastic!.
The hotel was immaculate, rooms cleaned every day.
We went on a excursion to Cairo and had to be up at 3.30 in the morning and the staff were cleaning everywhere at that time!.
The hotel is very quite with not a great deal to do at night but if you want a relaxing holiday it is ideal. There are free buses to Naama Bay but i think it is very over rated smelly and too busy but hey it's all personal choice.
The snorkling from the jetty is great and there is a boat that takes you there for free. To hire the equipment it is 40 egyptian pounds around £4 English.
We ate in the buffet most nights and it was lovely . They freshly prepare pasta every night ,there is chicken, beef and lamb and plenty of veg.
We didn't try the a la carte restaurant which if you are all inclusive you get a free meal there. Other guests told us it was lovely.
All in all we would definitely go again.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member PaulMullen

Rooms - We had a large king bed, very comfy, shower massive enough room for 2. There is a safe in the room also and can be used free of charge. Large balcony.The maid service(men) made animals, flowers etc, out of the towels with petals sprinkled on them which was a nice touch.

Pool- 2 pools, lots of loungers and a bar. There is a aqua gym during the morning which is a good laugh.

Food- We went b&b but probably should have went AI it would have been worth it, there is 3-4 restaurant and 2-3 bars so there is a good choice, the hotel is out the way from the main area (na'ama bay) so there isnt much of a choice to eat outside the hotel nearby.

Reception- Only one complaint, when we where leaving i was going to give the man a tip for the maid service for the full 2 weeks but didnt have any change, i went to the reception, pool bar, shops in the hotel, and none of them could give me any change, 2 minutes later i went to the reception to clear the bill and the guy must have had thousand of egyptian pounds, when i asked him why he couldnt give me change 2 minutes ago, he couldnt give me an answer, no apology, So sorry to the maid guy for not tipping - you can blame the reception.

Staff- All excellent, very feiendly, always willing to help, apart from the above.

If came back would definetely stay here, was a very nice hotel and was spotless.

Buffet at IberotelBuffet at Iberotel

by Jennifer.Wright

Hi off here for two weeks and we are flying Christmas Day. We coul do with some general info please, ie. do we need jabs, do we need a visa, what currency should we take, are all credit cards accepted. are mozzies a problem and lastly but not least has anyonw stopped here, your thoughts would be greatly received. Many thanks.

by kayleigh06

Hiya I went to Sharm in January just gone, I went wit my Dad, so he was the one sorting out the majority of things. For the week I went with around 400 quid, which at the would change to 4000 Egyptian Pounds. The cost of living over there can be relatively cheap, depending on where you. Na'ama Bay would be a good choice, as its like the 'city centre' and is jampacked with bars, got a few nighclubs, restaurants, a good ol English pub, shops, malls, cafes all sorts.

There was a new Shopping centre being built in Sharm when I was there saying it was due to be completed around mid-late 2007. It looked really nice, clean and modern with all sorts of shops in it. I don't know the exact address but its across the road from where the Fantasia is, which you will be able to find when you get there.

As far as jabs are concerned I didnt need to have them done, so it would be best to check with your Doctor.

Visas are only needed if you are going to be travelling within Egypt when you get there i.e To cairo for Pyramids, Luxor etc.. This costs 10 English Pounds and you can buy one at the airport when you land. We bought one just incase, but we never used it and the visa lasts for a year.

The weather will be nice during the day, but not quite up to it as far as running and jumping in the pool. I went in a few times but took me around half an hour to get in it was that cold!! My Dad went in the Sea though and the sea was actually quite warm because he was doing a scuba diving lesson. Your best to get to the beaches quite early though when the Sea will be at its warmest.

I haven't got round to building many tips up yet about Sharm, but i'm sure you could do some research on your hotel here on VT.

All the best
Kayleigh

by guthrumktc

Hi,
Go to holidays uncovered on your computer.There are some reviews for this hotel there.
Cheers Kevin.

by ChrisP_UK

Hi Jennifer,
Yes, you do need a visa to enter Egypt
These are available at the airport.
With regards to Jabs, I strongly advise going to your GP, From memory it is Hep A + Typhoid, I got them from my GP practice for free but I was advised some GP's charge £40.
The good news is its a combi jab so only one needle and if you go back 4 months later for another jab you're ok on Hep A for something like 20 years!
I found Egyptian pounds to be the easiest currency to take and chip and pin working as normal in some shops.
I can certainly say Visa worked perfectly
Mozzies - Not in my experiance.
There was at the time a Mosquito and Malaria warning in an area south of Cairo.

Comments