Nabq Bay, Mirabel Complex (formerly Sol Y Mar), Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

More about Jaz Mirabel Club

Fantastic holiday!!

by TripAdvisor Member MMG1Uk

We have just arrived back from Mirabel Club on 2 days ago and had a fantastic time. the hotel was very clean, staff falling over themselves to assist your every need and the food wonderful. Definitately be going back next year and recommending to all our friends.
make sure you get a taxi (£10approx) to Sharks bay and spend the dayon the public beach, go on the glass bottom boat and do plenty of snorkely. A brilliant day out...

Dream Holiday; Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member TomGordon

I arrived at Sharm airport and on first impressions was a bit dissapointed and did n ot expect it to get better.

However once arrived at the hotel you couldnt of wished for anything better, the hotel was like a dream i felt as if i was in paradise. i find it hard to belive that the hotel and its neighbour hotels of the same company could ever be matched for overall experience and specific areas such as the food the rooms the resort and most of all the people and staff.

i have just arrived back from my holiday after also speaking to the manager of the resort and the first thing i have done is write a letter of commendation to that manager for a truely fantastic holiday and he should be very proud of the hotels.

i would with the authority recommend the park hotel for the 6*Award and would not only be happy but privalidged to stay at the hotel again; if i return to egypt to sharm i would not even want to try another hotel i would simply go to sol y mar mirabel park over and over again.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member marianmina

We have just returned from our vacation at Solymar Mirabel Park hotel.
We didn’t find enough reviews about the hotel and we were a bit scared to go at first. But we went anyway. That is why I am going to try to write an extensive review hoping it can be of help.

The hotel is very nice, and brand new. It opened about a year and a half ago. So it is very clean and very well maintained.

The hotel is actually a complex of 3 hotels. The biggest one is Miabel Beach Jazz resort (a sister company of the Solymar company which runs the Mirabel Park Hotel). This hotel is the biggest one, and directly on the beach.
The second hotel is our hotel which is the Solymar Mirabel Park hotel. The smallest of the 3 is the Solymar Mirabel Club hotel. These last 2 hotels are not on the beach and you have to go form one hotel to the other to reach the beach (about a 10 minute walk).

The Park hotel is U-shaped. Inside the U shape is a good-sized pool, a very small pool for the kids (55 cm depth), and the 3rd pool, which is the greatest attraction: water slides. The hotel has a great water park, with 5 very nice and different water slides. The slides open form 10-12 am, and again from 2:30 to 4:30 pm.
The slides are the attraction of all the guests from the 3 hotels.
The Jacuzzi and the steam bath are very nice. Haven't tried the sauna not the gymnasium.
There are also tennis courts.

There are 3 floors, ground floor, 1st floor and 2nd floor.
The family rooms are actually 2 nearly separate rooms, separated by a door.
The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping is excellent.

The food is actually not at all good. I have been to many all-inclusive resorts in Sharm and Hurghada, and the quality of food at all the all-inclusive resorts is the same: not good. The food is plenty, but really rather tasteless. At noon they start frying burgers and fish fingers at the pool bar, which we found very good. Dinner buffets was always better than lunch buffets.
Ice-cream is served at the pool bar from10 am.
All the all-inclusive resorts in Egypt generally have the same system: all local beverages allowed from 9 am to 11 pm, afterwards it is for a fee. All imported spirits you must pay for. All the food included except at the themed restaurants and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You must pay for all food at the themed restaurants.
Pool bar is opened from 10 am till about 7 pm.

You are generally not allowed to eat at the other hotels, but we did have lunch at the Beach Hotel once and no one said anything. The food was identical to our hotel.
Also, the Beach Hotel has a nice beach bar which you can usually eat at (included at the all inclusive).

BEWARE. Don’t loose your beach/pool towels, otherwise, you have to pay 75 Egyptian pounds for it (about 10 Euros), and they are very strict about that. So take your towel with you everywhere or just return them and get new ones later.

The hotel is rather small, and very safe for the kids.

The mini club NEVER opened when we were there. There is a small kid's park which the kids enjoyed.
Finally near the end of out stay we were told there is actually a German mini club, an Italian mini club and French min club, but these clubs are at the Beach Resort, and are never open unless there is a group coming through certain agencies. We found the German one opened and the guy reluctantly let us in, (I had to stay with my kids). Its is very well equipped. There was another international club, with just a few papers the kids can use to paint. The kids didn’t at all enjoy it. I think this was very bad because our vacation was a long one and the kids really needed something to do other than swim 10 hours a day everyday. We were very disappointed regarding this point. Make sure you have a written confirmation about the kids club in advance.
Also, I found that it was not easy to find out necessary information by phone inside the hotel. For instance when I was asking about the kids club, the staff didn’t know the phone numbers, working hours.. etc. They didn’t even know who was in charge of what.

The beach is a coral beach. You MUST have footwear before you go in otherwise you can get seriously injured. It’s a long way inside till you reach deep water enough to swim. The sea is very shallow for a long distance. There are beach buggies you can rent at the beach.

Since we are Egyptians, we didn’t leave the hotel as we have been to Sharm before and we didn’t want the crowd of Naama bay. Naama bay is the local attraction at Sharm el sheikh, It is about 15-2o KM away from the hotel. You can rent a cab (about 50 pounds each way- 9 US dollars) or take the hotel shuttle bus (38 Egyptian pounds per person both ways-8 US dollars).
We have 2 kids, 5 and 3. They had a GREAT time at the slides.

I hope this can be of value to you.

Fantastic! I'll be back...........

by TripAdvisor Member SandyMaria

14 Family Members went to celebrate a Golden Wedding Anniversary. Its certainly the place to go for a relaxing holiday. The hotel is spotless and the staff cannot do enough for you. The food is wonderful and there's a good selection with different food themes - eg a french night, an english night, an oriental night and so on. Pool Bar - freshly made food to order. Wonderful.
You can take drinks to your room and so on - there's no restrictions. The place is very laid back and welcoming. On the Anniversary Night the waiters provided a free cake to feed 14 and all congregated round singing to the Golden Couple! They really made us feel special.
The rooms are spotless and the bedding and towel service second to none. The entertainment wasnt marvellous but the team cant be faulted for effort and friendliness. Its a truly marvellous place for a relaxing getaway. Walk to the beach and you'll see the jetty - walk to the end and throw bread into the sea then watch hundreds of colourful fish appear from nowhere fighting over the bread. Amazing for adults and children alike. I cannot fault this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting a truly relaxing holiday. Enjoy!

My Fab Holiday in Eygpt

by TripAdvisor Member littlebirdDerbyshire

Hi just got back from Mirabel last nite. both me and my partner had a fantastic time and were very sad to come home. All the staff at this hotel are very helpful and did absolultly everything to make sure tht we had a fantastic time. Our rep Claire was fantastic and sorted out any quiries any of the guests had. Our room had an amazing veiw of the pool and very morning we were woken up to glorious sunshine. The food in the all - inclusive resturant was .... interesting. If you like chicken sausages, beef bacon and baked bean variations (baked beans in gravy) for breakfast then you will love it here. I personally didnt so was quite relived to see what and amazing selection was avalible every morning. There is an omlete station were the chef makes omletes to order, toast, breads, cereals, fruits, yogarts etc .... Every meal time there was different foods to try and my partner was paticually fond of the sea bass.

Whilst at the hotel dont forget to try some of the fab trips that are on offer. We did three, Cleo waterpark, Ras Mohammed rea sea cruise and Na'ama by night.

A really good day out for both the young and the young at heart. There are only about seven slides in total but definatly worth the trip. Whist at the wter park please please dont have oneof the massarges that are avalible, they are quite cheep but are so noit worth it. I was made to feel very uncomfatable by the place the the masser touched me and he even at one point asked me to remove my bikini top!! I dont think i am allowed to write my reply on the internet!!!

Our second trip was to Ras Mohammed National Park and was one of the most amazing experinences of my life. First the coach drives you to the harbour where you board the boat. The boat makes three snokelling stops in total, two before lunch and one after. This trip was unbelievable!! whilst you are out in the sea the different fish that can been range from tiny zebra fish to string rays to reef sharks!!! Wellworth the momey, in fact i would pay double to see what i saw that day!!

Overall the hotel was amazing and i cant wat to go back. When you go to this hotel make sure you do two things, say hell to Claire the excellent rep for me and also to Hayman, the fab but carazy waier in the all inclusive resturant. And last but not leat have a great time and savour every moment because you will be back home beforte you know it!!

p.s Watch out for the mosquitoes!! They come in there thousands, we didnt get bit but lots of other people did!

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dolly_inoldcastle

Just returned from the Mirabel beach and totally agree with the other reviews. Wow, what a hotel! we booked it with thomoson

The only thing that stopped me giving it 10 out of 10 was the fact that you had to be served your drinks at all times and not go to a drinks machine as in other visited hotels.

The Hotel is spotlessly clean and considering it is massive this is a mammoth task, not helped by inconsiderate British smokers who insist on flicking ash and fag ends wherever they please.

The rooms are enormous with huge balconies. We paid extra for a Select room and this came with a king-size double bed a sea view to die for.

They are cleaned every day and also the beds are turned down for you in the evening.

The food was great always varied and different themed meals every day.

The entertainment was dire to say the least. This was all run by First Choice and totally aimed at families with young children. The entertainers tried their best, but we found ourselves cringing with embarrassment for them.

We did a few excursions, quad biking, Bedouin night , luxor by plane and cairo by plane with charm of sharm
if you book with them send hi to mamoud he is really nice guy offered good prices and service.

We visited Old Sharm market. Constant hassle and shop owners trying to close the door to keep you in.

Back to the Hotel. Both the pool bars and the other bar are very good and the waiters like nothing more than a chat.

All in all a wonderful hotel. We were ill for a few days, but a quick trip to the pharmacy next door for antibiotics sorted us out.

Finally a word about the hotel staff. Simply the best we have met anywhere in the world. They couldn't do enough for you and were so friendly you felt you had known them for years.

There were two special waiters in the Dine around who looked after my wife incredibly well. At the end of the holiday we tipped them, only for them to ask why, as they said they were only doing their job.

We will definitely return!

minterz

by TripAdvisor Member sharm2007Manchester

There was 12 of us on this holiday and we all loved it to the max. all the staff were great and the hotel was extremely clean. the room was cleaned everyday. the night life isnt the best but if you make it good then you wil be fine, go down the slides at night that is fun. when i got back the next day i went into a travel agent and booked to go back in december because it is the best holiday i have ever had. i recommend it to everyone off all ages.

Mirabel - Great for lazing around pool but terrible for beach bums

by TripAdvisor Member KoalaSouthWales

Mirabel Beach Resort is a complex which contains 3 hotels in the Mirabel Group. We stayed in the Mirabel Park which is smaller than the Beach and about the same size as the Club. Rooms were very good, and cleanliness throughout the resort was excellent. Although staying "All Inclusive Luxury" we were disappointed to find out that to eat in the themed restaurants we had to pay extra. Saying that, had a complimentary meal in the Italian which was excellent! Overall standard of food was OK, pools were great, and a total absence of biting insects. On the down side, the entertainment was mediocre (which we expected for Egypt), but the biggest downer was the beach which was not a bit of good for snorkelling or diving!

Lynne & Barry, South Wales

Good Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lat-7

Stayed at the Mirabel for the first week in October. We are a family of three - 2 adults and one 6 year old.

The weather was fantastic - the temperature just right at this time of year.
The hotel setting is really nice - all beautifully landscaped and kept very clean. The Mirabel is one of three hotels within the complex and is probably the cheapest of the three as it is not quite so opulent as the other two. Each hotel has its own pools but all pools can be used by everyone. It is quite a long walk from the Mirabel to the beach which didn't bother us as we had plenty of time and like walking but you wouldn't want to forget something in your room and have to go back for it! The rooms are excellent - really big, comfortable and clean! The family rooms at the Mirabel have two extra single beds that can be curtained off from the main part of the room which really is great for the kids. The bathroom is huge. Beware, we met someone who had burnt themselves badly by turning on the shower and the water coming out boiling hot! The staff were friendly and happy to help. We would rate the food 7/10 - it is fresh and I think a lot of effort goes into it but it all sort of tasted the same by the end of the week. We didn't eat any of the cold starters i.e. salad or fruit that we couldn't peel ourselves, we also didn't have ice in our drinks and we had no tummy upsets at all. I don't think I would have wanted to eat the food for a 2nd week but for 1 week it was fine. The pastries and cakes were exceptionally good. We didn't go to any of the evening entertainment programmes and the animation was very subtle - in fact I think you would have to go and look for it. Our son did go to the kids club a couple of times which he enjoyed but it was quite hard to find out what was happening at the beginning. I heard that the kids club will be closing down soon. The slide pool was great fun for young and old. Overall I would say this is a really good hotel for families who want a relaxing holiday with pools and beach and who are happy to entertain themselves. The beach is not really a swimming beach but it is interesting to wade out to the ship wreck and there is a great bay for snorkelling a 10 minute walk from the hotel beach.

We would definitely go back to this hotel as the standard of cleanliness and the facilities were overall really good.

Wow what a place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member ka64

Just returned from a 10 day stay in the Mirabel park Hotel, and all i can say is WOW. It is an excellent top class hotel for all types of people, whatever they expect from a holiday. The moment you get to the gates of this complex you will be amazed at the oppulence of this resortand feel like royality from the start. staff are excellent, food is brillant and waiter service is beyond compare. I will be back there. Onny one gripe really and that is there is one waiter/bar manager ine the main bar of the Mirabel park and on the last night demanded a tip from me even though i had tipped all the people that i had wanted to at his stage, he tried to embaress me into tipping him also, but it did not work. just a word of caution to potential travellers at this Hotel. Dont let that last comment put you off as it is only one greedy person amongst many excellent staff. Hope you enjoy your stay there as much as i did.

Cost of Taxi to Nabq Bay from Sharm airport

by hotsuff123

Hi folks,

We're off to Sharm for the first time tomorrow and didn't know whether to pre book our transfer to the hotel or just get a taxi at the airport.

We are staying in Nabq Bay in the Jez Mirabel Club hotel.

Any other tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
x

Re: Cost of Taxi to Nabq Bay from Sharm airport

by Tomdavid

You have to think about between 30 and 50 pounds, this are the official prices
Enjoy your stay
Tom

Can SomeOne give me information?

by Sam_Kusadasi

Hi we are thinking of booking to go to either the Jaz mirabel beach hotel or the Sol y mirabel park Does anyone know what these hotels are like?
I know they look nice but cant find no reveiws on the Sol y mirabel beach?
How hot will it be around mid july in the day and night?
Are you able to go out of your hotel and explore sharm el sheihk or is it risky?
Is there any day trips to the desert? How far is the desert from sharm?

Thanks!

by kayleigh06

Hiya

Nope it isn't dangerous to go out and explore Sharm during the day although in mid July the temp will be very hot, check on the internet for the weather.

Sharm El Sheikh is in the Sinai Desert and Mountain area. So you will only have to travel about 15-20 mins by coach/car/whatever transport to find yourself out in the Sinai.

There are loads of trips out to there so you will find a way to get out to the desert and do either Quadding or Horse Rides (they are the two I can remember that you can do, I'm sure there is more).

Enjoy your trip!

Ciao for now.

by paddy_moon

try those 2 links
hope they help u

by lifeTripper

I recommend to not forget
to visit the mountain Mount Sinai (Jabal Musa) that Musa talked with the God..
There is google earth placemark of Mount Sinai at the bottom this page :

You can also try diving there.. Because red sea has underwater heaven..
Just learn GPS coordinates of best diving places before going.

Comments