KAHRAMANA HOTEL

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about KAHRAMANA HOTEL

Turn Down The Music

by TripAdvisor Member Gordon7

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The food was average ( we were B and B and ate out every night.)

We enjoyed the cosmopolitan nature of the hotel which wasn't overrun by Brits.

We probably would have spent much more time at the pool, but were driven away every time by the loudness of the music.

In fact this is the only feature of the hotel which would make us decide not to stay at the Kahramana again.

Fantastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Serena999

Just got back from a week staying at the Kahramana - it was a fantastic hotel!

You can not beat the location, just 2 minutes walk from the beach and 1 minute from the street of restaurants in the heart of Naama Bay. The hotel was very clean and the staff were excellant - they couldn't do enough for you.

Only had a couple of negative points ... on the day of checkout, we had to be out of the room by 12, but at 11 the cleaner was at the door wanting us to get out, then at 11.30 reception telephoned us asking why we were not out of the room yet. We pointed out that we we be out at 12!

Also, reception phoned me whilst i was at the airport about to leave to say that i hadn't paid my room service bill (they'd found tickets in the restaurant) I said i had paid HIM that morning, but he said these were additional (which they were not) After a bit of a conversation he accepted it was his mistake. (but i will be checking my credit card bill just incase!)

But we absolutely loved this place, so would definitely stay again!

Fantastic hotel, great service, some drunk Russians

by TripAdvisor Member Globalnomad1

I returned from a week here a feew days ago. Had heard a lot of good things about Egypt and apart from the hassle from the vendors the people in general are great and have a good sense of humour.
The position of the Kahramana is perfect if you want to be in Naama Bay. The pool was well attended but contained drunken Russians on most days (dont let this put you off though) and rooms spotlessly cleaned each day. You will enjoy your time more if you take the time to say hello or have a quick chat with some of the workers there and tip little and often. In the hotel it is better to wait til the end of the week to tip those that you feel have helped make your stay better. Reception were helpful and on a B & B basis will make up a breakfast box if your going on a trip in the am. Breakfast was good, could have been more fruit but there was a good selection of other foodstuffs all the same. The two chefs Hany and Hany were funny (they reminded me of Mario and Luigi). Roof terrace has great views, nice to go there and enjoy sunset with a beer.
Vendors nearby will soon realise that you aren't going to buy anything off them after the 10th time of walking past them but may still want to say hello and they all seemed to be nice people so why not.
With regards to food the Dananeer restaurant which is between the hotel and the beach is excellent and well priced with a good extensive menu. The lentil soup great but can be too garlicky. Trip up mount Sinai for sunrise is great if you have the inclination, glass bottom boat trip is worth the effort too for an hour. This can be bought on the beach for about £4.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend.

lovely place in a warm lovely city

by TripAdvisor Member oushicool

I loved that place as I stayed my Honey moon there.It is very clean and tidy and beeing in the center of Nema Bay is a very big advantage .I do recommend that hotel to you .Have nice vacation

Relaxed, clean, friendly and perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member niamai

A lovely, clean relaxing hotel (lovely pool) in a perfect location in the centre (although not near loud noise)…..perfect for relaxing in the day and lovely air conditioned rooms to keep the heat away (plus a cold fridge for your drinks)...remember you are in Egypt though so it's not 5* furnishing like we are used to in the U.K! Lovely breakfast (can still taste the omelette they cooked in front of you!) and friendly staff who will do their utmost to make you happy…coming again as soon as we can!

P.S If you want to eat out in restaurants in Egypr, go for it...dogy bellies are a myth in Egypt- most people are dehydrated becuase they don't drink enough water in the day!

Loud music!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Richierich3874

Not a bad hotel, but there is a big problem with the volume of music played all day by the pool.

If you are looking for a quiet week away lazing by the pool then look elsewhere.

If you want club 18-30 with [--] R'n'B pounding out all day then this place is for you.

Its a real shame as the hotel is nice enough, but not a 3 star and has a great location and beach. I won't be going back.

Good value hotel in centre of Sharm

by TripAdvisor Member Andrea-D69

I stayed here for 2 weeks over Easter with my husband and two children aged 10 and 4. On arrival were were shown our room overlooking the pool which only had 2 single beds in. We had to point out there were 4 of us so we were moved to another room but there was no balcony and nowhere to put wet clothes and towels to dry. The room was very basic and a bit tatty but the cleaning lads did an excellent job each day and there were always plenty of clean towels provided. This hotel is in a great location, right next to the shops and restaurants and a couple of minutes walking distance to the beach, couldn't have asked for a better location. The hotel has an onsite restaurant which was very cheap for lunch and snacks. We were really glad we were only B&B as there are loads of places to eat nearby. The best places we went were the Dananeer and Hard Rock Cafe.

The hotel provides tickets each day for the private beach which is a 5 minute walk away. The guy who works there is lovely and for a small tip will ensure you have a good spot next time you go back.

This hotel is good value for money and in an excellent location but we wouldn't go here again because there was nothing for young kids (the 'kids club' was non existent) and sometimes it was noisy outside the room with groups of people shouting etc. on their way back at 2am.

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member jade31

This is the worst hotel that I’ve ever stayed at.
We checked the reviews before we went and this hotel seemed perfect.
Our flight was delayed, we arrived to be told that we couldn’t get dinner as the travel agent hadn’t called to tell them to save some dinner for us (it was 10:30pm). However the hotel manager told us that we could pay to eat at the other restaurant that wasn’t part of the all inclusive, he went on to say that we’re English and have lots of money. After a massive argument they agreed to get us some food. However we had to pay for our soft drinks. I think a lot of the reviews were by people who stayed bed and breakfast, AI is a waste of time, I only drink water but I had to pay for a bottle, the water cooler is part of the AI but kept breaking down. It was 45 degrees but they still wouldn’t let us have a bottle of water. The food is not fit for pigs, breakfast isn’t so bad, lunch isn’t a buffet, you get given a soup, then you’re offered a choice of 2 meats (not great for vegetarians) with either rice or potatoes. The food wasn’t fully cooked. We noticed that after lunch the staff have a lovely buffet, we were told that all meals were buffet and varied, it felt like the staff were eating our food!
I’m not a fussy eater but I couldn’t bring myself to eat at the hotel, we never attempted dinner, by the 2nd day we stopped eating at the hotel. We ended up spending hundreds more and we’re making a full complaint and seeking a refund. The hotel was only about 10% full, which we liked as the pool was quiet, however the staff blast out the music by the pool all day long, I would mind if the music was good, but the cheeky girls isn’t my thing. There was also builders working by the pool, drilling and sand blasting, it was hell. There was about 5 staff to every tourist at the hotel, however you could never get anything, it took 10-15 minutes just to get a towel for the sun beds. This might not seem a big deal, but when the temperature is 40-45 degrees you can’t sit on the hot beds, floor etc.
It’s more like a 2 star hotel.

In the we moved to the lovely Naama Bay Hotel, which was great (the hotel, staff, people, food….).

Do Not Go All Inclusive!! But proceed with caution when booking this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sarahbguildford

Me and a female friend booked this hotel 7th-14th June and paid £400 for a week All Inclusive. We didn't expect the Ritz for that price but we were VERY dissapointed.

The hotel looked nice, the room very basic and a/c didn't work very well. They had also given us a huge double bed when we asked for twins. They did offer to move us but it was ok. They told us we had to pay for dinner as we have arrived late which was bad - we had been travelling all day. Most decent hotels would have provided something to eat. This even though we were all inclusive. Also we had to pay for bottles of water as it was only 'glasses' of water were inclided in all inclusive.

Food was terrible - breakfast was ok but very very simple. Lunch was a joke (all inclusive was anyway) it was soup, then either chicken or been with potatoes or rice - it was the worst I have ever eaten, tasted horrible. We started to eat out and then decided to move hotels. The pool was noisey, there were workman banging, hammering and drilling all day long, they played a CD really load to hide the noise of the workmen, this was anything from George Michael to Hip-Hop and was blasted out all day. They didn't clean the pool either - they just put some sprinklers on but it wasn't disinfected.

As said it wasn't great - but if you went B&B only and were ok with a noisey pool, it's fine. It's situated 2 minutes from the shops, restaurants and cafes.

If you'd like to email me please do at sarahbalkwill@yahoo.co.uk and I will answer yur questions.

I would never go back to this hotel. We moved to another hotel after 3 days.

Kahramana hotel?

by Casual_Ad

Does anyone know if "Kahramana hotel" is a good place to stay in Sharm? if not, could you please recommend a good hotel/resort for two guys, late 20s....

thanks in advance