4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Laguna Vista Beach Resort
Travelocity Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Mara_2's Profile Photo

Nice, but as usual for Sharm's hotels, too big

I've been there when it was not completely finished. Only the part with the bungalows was opened; the other parts were still in construction.
    Anyhow, I was glad to have stayed there in that period, as it was much more peaceful than it is now. By my opinion, but this is usual for all big resorts built in Sharm, it is too big, even if there's a lot of space and it is not crowded; I prefer not to have to take a internal bus to go to the beach or to the restaurant.

Unique Quality: The bungalows are really nice. We had a beach-front one and we enjoyed wonderful sunsets and sunrises from the veranda. Inside it was completely new and spacious, with big bedroom, with a sitting-room corner and a really nice bathroom with a spacious shower.
    All was cleaned impeccably two time a day, so everthing was shiny! :D

Directions: Laguna Vista, at that time, was in a very secluded area - there was nothing around and it was the furthest hotel from Sharm.

• bip_231's Profile Photo

Ok stay, not quite worth the money we spent.

We stayed at the Laguna Vista Beach resort from 7th May to the 14th May 2009. We arrived around 8pm at night, and after a long and hassle filled day of travel, we were glad that we'd finally gotten there!

Upon check-in, the guys behind the desk were not the friendliest. We had to hand over our passports, but when my husband asked for them back after we'd signed the check-in card, the guy told him no, that he would keep them. I asked when we'd get them back, and he said 'perhaps tomorrow'. This really worried me - after all, the authorities always say not to let anyone keep your passport. I've stayed in hotels before where they've taken your passport, photocopied it there and then, and then given it back - never kept it. Anyway, neither of us could be bothered to argue with the guy - it'd be far too long a day as it was. Luckily we always take photocopies of our passports and keep them separate, so if anything had happened, we wouldn't have gotten caught short!

Anyway, the hotel itself is nice. The lobby is lovely, and a nice place to sit in the evening whilst enjoying a drink from the bar. There are about 10 or so shops in the complex, but they are more expensive than those you'll find outside the hotel. The guys serving in them though are very nice, and always willing to help.

We were allocated a two bedroom cottage. It was really nice, but was a bit of a walk to and from the main bar/restaurant area, but this meant it was closer to the beach! The rooms are huge, with good wardrobe storage, and big bathroom. Also, they have great AC, meaning that after a long day out in the Egyptian sun, you can cool down nicely. The only gripe I have with the room is that the bed was foam - not sprung, which made it uncomfortable for me, but others may find this ok. I'm dead fussy about the softness of a mattress; I'm like the princess in the Princess and the Pea, so perhaps you might not be bothered by it.

The main problem that we encountered whilst staying at the Laguna Vista beach was the fact that it is run ENTIRELY for Italian tourists. This means that the cuisine in the buffet restaurant is Italian in theme every night, which can get a bit tiresome. It would have been nicer if the restaurant had had themed nights, like a couple of the hotels in Sharks Bay. Also, all of the entertainment is in Italian, which doesn't make it very easy to understand.

Otherwise, it was an alright stay. I wouldn't say that it was worth the £690 we each paid - in fact, we felt slightly ripped off, but hey-ho :)

Staff in the resort are nice, very friendly (except for the reception staff!). Their all quite happy, and if you acknowledge them, their more than happy to stand and chat. We found them to be friendly and polite, and happy to chat, which was nice.

All in all, I think that the stay we had was not fairly reflected in the price we paid. The hotel is nice, as are the rooms, but for £690 each, we expected a little more luxury, and a little less Italian food and entertainment, not to mention friendlier staff at reception.

Unique Quality: The beach is GREAT!!! The fish that you'll see are incredible, and well worth snorkelling for. The bar terrace is lovely to sit out on in the evening.

More about Laguna Vista

Great time at the Laguna Vista

We visited the Laguna Vista during the first 2 weeks of July 2005. We can only agree with many of the previous reviews we have read. The layout of this Hotel is excellent. The first thing that impressed us was the Reception area which was quite spectacular and huge.
The accomodation was excellent (we had a Duplex). This was like a semi detached bungalow, big bathroom, lounge, built in wardrobes with sliding doors, TV, fridge, and even had an upstairs bedroom. Outside was a patio area complete with sun lounger, chair and table.
The grounds within the hotel complex are fabulous and the pictures in the brochures cannot capture what it is really like. You are spoiled for choice regarding swimming pools. Weather is exceptional---no rain!
Food is excellent and if you can't find something to your liking here you must be really fussy! The service in the restaurant and bars is excellent and the waiters are really friendly and helpful. Magdy and his staff in the main restaurant were especially helpful and in addition to the great service were always prepared for a chat and a joke. Kiko and Ahmed in the pool bar made sure we were always well supplied with drinks.
This hotel is situated right on the beach in Sharm. Lots of parasols and loungers complete with windbreaks. Towels are available on the beach.
Red sea is warmer than some baths I've had!!! The water is very shallow for approximately 1/2 mile so is safe for children and non swimmers.
However, you really need to wear something on your feet due to the sharp bits of coral. Lots of fish and starfish to see.
I will not expand on what has been said of the Italians by other reviewers other than they are not all the same----some are polite.
Come here for yourself and see how good it is. If you get the time, go out on the Quad Bike trek through the desert-------this was brilliant.

its reit gud int tegypt

The Laguna Vista is a superb hotel. great complex, really freindly staff, the food is very good, (even crisps are free) but be prepared to have a wait for a seat in the buffet restaraunt, as it's chaos in busy times, and with the added arrogance of the italians, who apparently are exempt from queueing, meal times can end up being frustrating. The pools are massive, but still a little chilly in April! There is a lazy river in the complex, good for a chill-out. When in Sharm, Scuba is a must, approx £50, and Quad biking through the desert will surely be a highlight of the holiday! Don't forget the imodiam, as its a rip off out there. And yes you will probably need it! But overall a superb hol. Salahm Laguna Vista!

Must try harder

We stayed at the Laguna Vista hotel from 14 to 21 July 2005.
Major problems were
1) Most of the guests were Italian, which meant that the Egyptian staff spoke only Italian. Communicating in English with the staff was very difficult.
2) Of the six people in our group, 4 came down with severe diahorrea.
3) The staff , in keeping with the locals in Sharm El Sheikh, displayed what can only be described as an intrusive, unwelcome, lecherous demeanour towards my 18 yr old daughter.
4) The range of drinks available in the various bars was limited to poor quality, locally produced gins, vodkas, etc. Bar staff were reluctant (i.e. refused point blank) to make any special cocktails of any sort.

Lovely hotel, had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member alison226

Went to the Laguna Vista Beach in April this year with the family and had a lovely time. Fantastic swimming pools and the service was great (especially Kiko) he is a legend! The staff are fantastic with the children and the kids cried when they had to come home. The rooms are large and immaculate. The cleaners often leave amusing towel designs on the beds which the children loved. The restaurant was a little chaotic at times but the food was fine and I put on half a stone in a week. The puddings were amazing (hence the half a stone). The concept of queuing was lost on the Italians but the staff were good about it and didn't serve them. The beach was nice and the snorkeling was amazing. Beware though the Lion Fish and small sea snakes. Wear aqua shoes. We went on a boat trip to Ras Mohammad. A great day out and we saw wild dolphins and a huge manta ray. The quad biking in the desert was interesting! Quad bikes were temperamental and constantly broke down but had a good time. All in all a fantastic holiday and we would probably go back (although bombings make me a little wary)

had a brilliant time

just got back from the laguna vista hotel just last week i had a brilliant time
weather is hot when we went it was 40 - 50 c each day
swimming pools are brilliant people are nice just take no notice of the italians can be rude sometimes. beach is lovely beawre of mohammed the beach boy he will stop and talk to you for ages. on the beach and by the pool their are double beds on stilts which are great. food is ok make sure you drink plenty of water! bedrooms are nice with air conditioning, nice bathroom and satelite tv. while we were in egypt we only did one excersion which was the quad biking in the desert it was ace! plenty to do in the hotel complex and dont be scared to go into namma bay we went and it was nice
Hope my review was useful to you and i hope you have a lovely holiday
by the way look out for lookalikes of
david james - frankie detory - roberto of big brother - reggie - shallow hal

Laguna Back

by maxovna about A good place for an unpretentious tourist

It is located in Hurghada centre - you are free to wander around the town. You are free to choose where to have dinner - there are plenty of cafes and restaurants around. There is a small supermarket nearby.
There are two Laguna hotels - Beach and Back. The only disadvantage of Back is that it is across the road from the beach. Reception, the main restaurant and the swimming pool are in Laguna Beach. So one staying in Bach has to cross this road to use all facilities. For me it did not matter at that time.

Dahabs quiet retreat

by crippers about Troptitel Oasis Dahab

Service was excellent, the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were large and clean (except for the floors which could have done with a mop now and then not just a sweep every day). Clean sheets and linen everyday plus the odd towel sculpture and petals were a treat. There was a decent pool, private beach, childs play ground and a jetty out over the coral garden to help you to go swimming or diving without trampling the coral. Sitting on the end of the jetty you can see the fish, brilliant. They tried their best with the buffet style dinners and breakfasts, there was always something to fill you up, the cakes, pastries and puddings were excellent. Some days were really good others a bit average but there was always a veggie option. There were a few franchise companies in the hotel who organised trips out, including a dive school Laguna Divers, a boat trip company who did snorkelling, fishing and windsurfing, kites and then a quad bike guy. The bar was small but had most things and there was a snooker table and 2 pool tables. In the garden there was a Bedoin shelter where you could go and get Bedoin tea (very nice) and coffee (bit too much cardamon for me) biers and juices and they had sheesha pipes to pass round, Mohammed who looked after this was a proper Bedouin and lovely. They put on a Bedouin feast one night and had belly dancing etc. The best bit is definitely the beach and the ability to step of the jetty and see all manner of fish right there on your doorstep, take your snorkel and mask.

Laguna Vista Resort, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh

by charlielinlithgow

"The Hotel"

The Laguna Vista is a large complex, with a huge lobby and reception area, with Impressive columns and a huge arch made with artificial tusks. The hotel consists of main hotel 303 rooms left wing and right wing, it is three stories high with several shops contained within the hotel, the rest of the complex spread over a large area, consists of Duplex bungalows, three large pools with Bars, the centre pool has a pool bar, but also has a seated area for food and drink. there are three main restaurants, the whitch way, dua dua (Italian) and the hotel restaurant, with a wide variety of food for every taste.

"Staff"

The staff at this hotel can not do enough for you and if you give a few tips out at the start of your holiday, they will treat you like a king for the remainder of your stay.

"The beach"

The beach is fantastic if you have young children or people with disabilities, as the sea is very shallow and warm you can walk out 100 yards and it is only knee deep with tropical fish swimming around you.

by romrai

Looking for a site where I can check out rates and maybe even book from there. I don't want to send off inquiries. Just room rates, not packages. Thanks in advance

RE: Laguna Vista

by Capisco

i can get u there number or call them and ask them about that but you must tell me about the period you want to know the price for ;)

Salam

Thank you Karim that would be very helpful. June 27th to July 11th, 2006, give or take a couple days. Superior Room. I appreciate your help.

Shukuran

Hello,
As i told you i have called them today and they said they dont have a price for that period yet.
I tried to know the prices for the current time but they said it differs depending on the nationality and i dont know your nationality
I think there prices are in the low range of hte 5* Hotels .
If you need any more info just let me know ;)

RE: Laguna Vista

by CorkLanger

Is the Laguna Vista a nice hotel-have you stayed before?

by Capisco

i didnt stay in it before
but i heared gr8 reviews about it
i stayed in Hitlon Sharks Bay,Movienpick Jolie Ville and Moveinpick Golf.
You can check my sharm travel tips for more info.

by romrai

Thanks for your assistance Karim. I will wait until closer to the time. I have never stayed there, but the reviews are mostly great. 13 pools and some rooms ave 3 steps from their terrace into the pool. Apparently only Thomas Cook does packages only from the UK, not rooms only. It is a little far from Naama Bay (23kms)but has a shuttle bus.

your welcome;)
you can also check my hotel Hilton Sharks Bay
I find alot of british there ;)
the best in it , it's based on allinclusive ;)

Hi Karim

Looked at your pages, there great for info.

Which would you recommend higher, moevepick golf or moevenpick resort?

Greg

RE: RE: RE: Laguna Vista

your welcome;)
you can also check my hotel Hilton Sharks Bay
I find alot of british there ;)
the best in it , it's based on allinclusive ;)

by CorkLanger

Hitlon sharks is booked up

I have to choose between one of the moevenpick's.

I would be grateful for your opinion on which one of the two moevenpick's you think is better?

Comments