Louis Tiran Sharm Hotel

Costs 58% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Louis Tiran Sharm Hotel

"Wild" snorkling in Nabq Bay

by om_212

Nabq Bay, a quiet bay located a half an hour drive from Na'ama Bay, offers incredible opportunity for “wild” (unguided) snorkeling experience along with good views over to Tiran Island. The advantage of the place is that it is still relatively wild, semi-free from the hotels (the Louis Tiran Sharm Hotel is to open in Jan. 2009), so if you are lucky, you can have an irresistible 1,500m-long sandy beach and endless sea just for yourself.

The corals there are very different from what you can see in Sharks Bay and the Ras Muhammad Park. Additional advantage is that the sand entrance to the water (pretty rear in this area), allowing you to walk in barefoot.

To fully enjoy the place, bring water/snacks, sun umbrellas, etc. as this place lack even basic infrastructure. The place is also pretty windy, therefore be cautious about getting too far away, as there are no safeguards to help you out.

Visit Sharm el Sheik

by seagoingJLW

Visit the fabulous resort of Sharm El Sheikh located on the southeaster coast of the Sinai Peninsula. It overlooks the Gulf of Aqaba and is 300 miles south of Cairo. The small inlet and cape was once called Mifraz Shelomo (Hebrew) which means Solomon's Bay-- an allusion to King Solomon's fleets which passed through the adjacent Strait of Tiran. Sharm El Sheikh is known to have some of the best diving and snorkeling in the world.

Here I am standing in the beach area near one of the exquisite resort hotels.

Look ma, no doors...Look ma, no doors...

professional dancersprofessional dancers

the sun is smilingthe sun is smiling

view at a new street at the backview at a new street at the back

Where can I Meet > Russian Tourists in January in SHARM EL SHEIKH ???

by yesitaly

CIAO Hello from Italy !

From the 25th January untill the 1st February I will be in Sharm El Sheikh !

I just started to learn the Russian Language and I wish to make Conversation with Russian Tourists in Sharm !

Can you please write me the Places where it will be possible to Meet them,do you know the name of Hotels,Bars,Disco,where the Russian people go in Sharm ?

Thanks in Advance for All Informations !
Welcome to visite my beautiful city FIRENZE-Florence-ITALIA !
Tullio

Re: Where can I Meet > Russian Tourists in January in SHARM EL SHEIKH ???

by Kat_Ica

Ciao Tullio,

Sono stato in Egypt, e in tutti grandi Hotel sono Russia.
(Sorry for my poor italian language)
Katica

Re: Where can I Meet > Russian Tourists in January in SHARM EL SHEIKH ???

by Morozov

Hi!
There are 3 biggest Russian tour operators to Egypt. I suppose there are any problems to find Russians in Sharm El Seikh :)
PEK it means RECommended, ÝKC – exclusive recommended
Good luck!
Oleg

Travel Tips for Sharm El Sheikh

One day without sea but on the Sinai top

by pikuu

This is short report from my one-day expedition to the Sinai interior.
--------------------
At the night-time (about 4 am) very delayed bus dropped me in some strange place in the middle of nowhere. After 2 or 3 rucksack's and passport's controls (this is the real face of battle against terrorism) I started (with the group of people) to climb to the Mt. Sinai. It was really express walk because we tried to reach the peak before sunrise and we had no more than 1h 30minutes. And normal time of climbing to the top is about 3 or 4 hours. So after - belive me - not easy route (8 km) and more than 700 stairs I reached the summit.
--------------------
10 minutes later the Sun slowly rised from behind the naked, burnt and terrible beautiful mountaines. How it looked like in the ancient times when Moses received Ten Commandments?
--------------------
More interesting were the route downhill. I can admire the wonderful sceneries of the deep, dried up valleys, remote peaks and the camels bravely marching along the narrow, mountain paths.
--------------------
During this trip I also visited monumental St.Catherine's monastery where still grows biblical Burning Bush. Unfortunately - because of the giant tourists' crowds - it was impossible to admire the architecture and atmosphere of this place.
--------------------
But the impression of the wild Sinai mountains and desert is still in my mind. How people can survive here?

Bargaining

by claus9000

Bargaining is a must in Egyptian shops. Always start with half of what the salesman asks and go up slowly. They will still make a good busness. Be always friendly, and see it as a way of entertainment to make bargaining.
If you like tobuy something special, like a shisha (waterpipe) better ask some locals in your hotel about the best or cheapest prices.

Oy divers!

by vsinai

The first time I took diving was at the Red Sea. I was on holiday with my mates, we were hanging out at the beach at Sharks Bay when we saw a group of scuba divers coming out of the water, all geared up and excited.

We Started asking them about diving, and they encouraged us to go for it. So we went to the diving center right next to it, called C-Fun to see what our options were, and how long it would take us to get the license. The people there were very friendly and easygoing and they encouraged us to go for an intro dive to get the feel of it, then decide whether we want to go ahead with it or not.

We decided to sign up for the open water course (that’s the first level) and we were able to complete it during our holiday. With a full fee of around $300, we were able to do our theoretical studies, 5 pool dives, 5 open water dives, and we were ready to go out there and chase fish!

My first dive as a certified open water diver was Shark Reef and Yolanda Reef, the toilets and sinks at the bottom make a good setting to take funny photos underwater (thanks to our instructor who had a digital camera with its underwater housing case).

I must say that I’ve been hooked ever since, and my friends and I plan to visit as often as possible. Especially that it’s very easy to find cheap and clean hotels to stay in, like Delta Sharm on Hadabet Omm el Seed.

While browsing online for further information about different dive sites in the Red Sea for my next trip, I came across www.allaboutsinai.com, a site that’s offering various information about Sinai and the Red Sea, and the various activities that could be done there.

The Diving section is extremely helpful, as it lists the various diving sites that could be visited, with practical information like how to get to the site, the diving experience needed for this dive, and GPS coordinates. There’s also a section offering various diving tips to help divers master their skills.

Definitely worth checking out! I rented equipment from Sharks Bay Diving Center