Peace Rd., Um Marikha Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, 55555, Egypt
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 63% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort

Loved the pool!!! The cleaner was excellent

by TripAdvisor Member sabur

Probably one of the best hotels in sharm from visiting others while on my stay. The pool is beautiful and the biggest i have seen. The rooms are immaculate and cleaned every day. The poolside barbque is good food, didnt try any of the other hotel restaurants. The staff are always very polite and extremely helpful. There is a private beach which there is a free shuttle bus every 15minutes to from the hotel. The snorkelling is amazing there. Free shuttle bus into naama bay every 2hours worth using to save on taxis. The only fault i could give this hotel is there isnt a shop to buy the odd essential.
Overall loved the hotel and would definately recommend.

fanastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lyndy_8

We went on holiday to this hotel and thought it was absolutely fantastic. It was our first wedding anniversary and we were instantly upgraded to a beautiful and very large bungalow.
The grounds and facilities were excellent including the pool area and the gym. All the staff were more than helpful, friendly and polite. The restaurants were spotless and the food was very good. A wide selection available for all tastes.
I certainly will be going back to this great hotel. But I want to keep it a secret as it was so quiet and peaceful!!

More good points than bad

by TripAdvisor Member Amisan

Arrived quiet late and reception were very friendly. They made sure the restaurant was kept open for us to eat. Room was an Executive room (upgraded free). Really beautiful and spacious

However 1st night was difficult to sleep as its near the airport and we were on the road side. We asked to be moved but nothing suitable was available. We got used to it.

Everyone in the hotel is friendly except for the pool bar staff. They were unhelpful and need to improve as they dont even come round to offer you a drink ..all because its all inclusive. There are different menus for AL and for BB.

This is our 2nd visit to Sharm and we loved it. Hotel is about 10 mins from Naama Bay centre and there is a free shuttle bus. Beach is about 5 mins away and there is a free bus regularly.

Overall its a nice hotel.

Okay...

by TripAdvisor Member GotoCancun

I wouldnt usually write a review, but there are some pionts people might find useful. We are a young couple, first time in Egypt, we had an okay time, but we wouldnt return, this is a good holiday for families with children...

All inclusive..is not all inclusive, there is a limited menu for all inclusive drinks loacal beer and wine, few cocktails, The Italian and Thai was not all inclusive.. the only real place to eat at night was the buffet which was noisy to dine in, the service was average, for us, 60% of the time we had already eaten our dinner before a drink was given, if the right drink that is and that was all the service you recieved, your not asked if you want another drink, My plate taken before I had even finished, a high turn over of people going in and out..after both suffering very bad bad illness, we much prefered going into Nama bay for evening meal, which was pointless for all inclusive. Luch time you had the option of BBQ, set menu everyday the same...the food in the buffet and BBQ, very repetative and limited apart from deserts...service poor depending who was working, everywere you get the feeling there waiting for you to finish.. signing for evrything became a pain

At the start of our holiday we could get bottled water, we would take these back to the rooms, that stopped. It being so hot it was was good to carry round a bottle, you now have to have a glass. The lobby bar and windsor bar are not all inclusive even for water..

Spiders.. we experienced them alot in our room.. but i think that just comes part and parcel of the holiday.. but these were HUGE..

We were quite close to the road but we didnt find this or the airplanes a bother.. more the screaming kids next door and in the resturants..

All in all the service was a little disapointing for a five start resort, there were a few staff that were happy to help you but limited. we wasnt expecting to be completly waitered on but there were occasions we had to ask a couple of times for one thing never to be recieved, staff would forget and wait on someone else. The pool was a god send and the rooms lovely and clean. The entertainment staff friendly very much kid orientated in the hotel but we had the chance to go out at night..

There is entertainment in the hotel we were there for 10 days, two out of them nights there was entertainment, but you can travel over to the golf resort (sister hotel) or head into Nama bay..

There is a free shuttle bus to the beach and Nama bay, the beach bus runs every 15 mins. .which is good.. Nama bay.. we found the run at random times, we chose to pay for taxi a few times.. they were pretty cheap tho.. especailly if you got the haggle spark.

We had an okay time, but wont be returning to the Royal, or Egypt...

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member obxer7

Just back from a stay in this hotel and it was lovely!! Got a free upgrade to an executive room, which was so nice. The room was large, and the bathroom was really nice with a large double bath and 2 sinks, 2 showers.

The hotel staff were very helpful, but as other reviews have already said, the pool bar staff weren't very helpful. The service at the pool bar was poor.

The food at the hotel was lovely, I am quite a fussy eater and at no time did I find it difficult to find something to eat. At the main buffet there are chefs constantly going round ensuring there is enough of all the food.

The entertainment in the hotel was virtually non existant, and although I wasn't looking for a holiday of nightclubbing it would be good if there was some hotel entertainment.
3 nights we have a dvd put on (the same one on 2 nights), and on 2 nights there was a belly dancer.

The other downside I saw in the hotel was although we were all inclusive we had to sign a receipt every time we got anything, food or drink. So would get 2 glasses of water and had to sign for them. A bit of a farce.

All said, i would definately visit this hotel again.

PERFECT PLACE PERFECT PEOPLE

by TripAdvisor Member NataliesDad

We arrived at the Maritim at eleven at night after another appalling Easyjet flight. My wife and I were stressed and wondering if Egypt was really our kind of holiday. I can safely say within an hour the staff had rekindled my faith in humanity, they were polite friendly and made us feel so welcome.

The following morning we went to breakfast in the main restaurant, as you enter on the right hand side there is a station run by Mohammed and his team, these guys made our stay.

I have read other reviews which say that this is not a child friendly hotel, I disagree my daughter was invited to join in with games, dancing and many activities. The staff are great with kids and adults alike, if you want to abdicate responsibilty for your kids then its not a hotel for you. The pool is huge there are games everyday volleyball, water polo and football I suggest when asked join in you'll have a great time.

The rooms are great we paid for an upgrade and had a super room but the real reason this hotel works is the staff I have never met such nice people who seemed genuinely happy to help. The pool bar is great for lunch. The main bar in the evening shows footb!all and again has helpful friendly staff.

Go to this hotel with an open mind and you will have a great holiday!

Hot, hot hot!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Kieranf

My partner and I went to Sharm El-Sheikha few weeks ago for the first time. I guess we got so caught up trying to find a nice holiday, we never thought of putting a little effort into checking the weather conditions for this time of year.

The hotel
When booking the hotel, we went through the travel agent. My girlfriends mother had been to Sharm a few months earlier and called in to check out the hotel and thought it was lovely. She was shown one of the rooms etc and we couldn't wait to go ourselves. We were told that if we contacted the hotel a month prior to our visit, we could select the area we wanted to go to and give our preferences of location (near the pool etc.). So we sent them an email which was received and replied to confiming our details had been filed. When we arrived, we were allocated a room and taken there by one of the very pleasant staff. Almost everything we had asked for in the email was ignored. We had asked for a room with a balcony and we got a ground floor room, we had asked for a double bed, we got two singles and the list continued... Our room was located in the Palm area, which is a little noisy and our room was infested with ants (i got bitten three times while lying on the bed). We asked to be moved but couldn't be moved until the start of the second week. When we moved to the preferred area, we got a much better room with a lovely balcony looking over the fountains. It was closer to the pool and ticked all the boxes we had asked for in our email sent over a month prior to the visit.

The weather
On average, the it was mid forties everyday for the two weeks we were there and although I love the hot weather, this was too hot for me. I would recommend anyone to go any other time apart from July and August.

In summary
Stay in the preferred area. It's worth paying the extra.

dissapointed overall

by TripAdvisor Member kjames19

Just a few points to mention
Pool bar very poor, service awful and even ran out of larger and wine on a few occasions and were in no hurry to restock!!
All inclusive poor in comparison to other hotels we have stayed in at Egypt
Entertainment again poor
Positives lovely pool, room impressive and cleanliness 5*
Overall relaxing week but a week was enough!!
This is our third visit to egypt and we personally would not return to this hotel unless the all inclusive and service upgrades to 5*

Not Bad Not great Not 5 Star

by TripAdvisor Member spacey43

first the good
huge rooms, decent food, excellent Gym, lovely spa (also see bad), cleanliness, Beach(also see bad), Free internet access

The bad
The pool area is well appointed but they play Non Stop blaring music ALL day. generally awful 80's pop. Now i know some people like that but ALL day how about turning it off so you can actually read a book or relax now and then The massage spa is beautifully built unfortunately the staff have not been trained in the niceities of such a set up. They were polite enough but when you are paying £60 for a massage how about actually warming your hands and the room a bit first! its aircon gone crazy in the maldives you get offered a drink ice tea or water and a place to chill afterwards. but not here. just thanks and goodbye.

No wonder we were the ONLY people there. The massage it self was good enough but finished 10 mins early!

The beach is a short shuttle bus ride away which we knew about and was lovely very QUIET and peaceful unlike the pool and where anyone wanting to relax should go however if you have mobility problems dont bother you will Not be able to make it.

To get to the beach you need to walk down and then up a very steep staircase in boiling 40c heat.

Now me and the wife are pretty fit so it was not a problem but an older person or anyone with any form of disability would be in trouble.

whilst the room cleaner was good the knocking at 8am gets tiresome why not have some DO NOT DISTURB signs available

To sum up its about average and not in my opinion a 5 star more because of the service and the actual physical lay out. next time defo book a hotel with its beach onsite

my 4th time in Sharm and no better than any other hotel i have been to.

Big Rooms, Huge Beds, Enormous Pool,

by TripAdvisor Member Beardburner

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Peninsula for a week in June and had a brilliant time. The complex is huge and very spread out with the focal point being the immense pool. Our room was gargantuan, very clean and with an enormous bed, which the room service decorate with different imaginative designs of pillows, cushions and bedding every day. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite and the food was great, especially the Thai, who have an ex-Thai royal chef who's food is quite simply stunning. The other restaurants are an Italian and a buffet, both of which we thought were of a very high standard. If you want to get fat, the Egyptian pastries in the buffet are just the ticket. There is a private beach, which is very secluded, quiet and relaxing. and the snorkelling is very good, with a huge array of fish and coral. All in all it is the perfect location for relaxing, eating and having a good time.

maritim jolie ville resort and casine

by jane1955

i have booked a holiday to this resort for 8/6/08 and am staying in front palm area. Is this area ok or should i upgrade?

Re: maritim jolie ville resort and casine

by LADYKB27

I am going here in 3 weeks and have booked the 'Preferred' front palm area as i read that some front rooms can be noisey? but not sure how true that is..

recomendations

by FATIMAO

hi thinking of going to egypt for christmas this year ,please reccomend 5 star resorts at sharm el sheik .going to be travelling with kids so family style resorts
thanks in advance

Re: recomendations

by Heavens-Mirror

Hi there
i really like the Sonesta beach resort hotel and also the Maritim Jolie ville resort and casino (formally called the Movenpick jolie ville).
These are both in the centre of Naama bay so a great location to get all around Sharm, there are many restaurants, bars and lots of things to do.

Kind regards,
Stacey

Re: recomendations

by mom_sawy

Hi there

In addition to the what is mentioned above , I do recommend Hilton Dreams Resort or Hilton Fayrouz resort .
both are great , I spent 3 day there last year and service is wonderful , also the pools are very great (7 pools) .
but it will be a matter of price , as they are not so cheap.

Have fun
M.Sawy

hotels with private beaches

by marimar_72

hi all,

we're group of ladies wanting to go to sharm in early December 2008 (around Eid el Adha time) And I was wondering which hotel has a private beach..clean,yet inexpensive that you would recommend.
coz we're not in favour of staying around Naama Bay.

Thank you.
marimar_72

by Pharohtemo

in the link below u will find all the hotels in sharm with a brief about every hotel , on the map u can figure the hotel and its private beach .

i recommend Gafy inn resort (near Naema - private beach - clean - not expensive)
wishing u a nice stay

Cheers

by marimar_72

thanx for the info
:-)

by Pharohtemo

welcome and ready for more questions about sharm :)
again nice stay and happy vacation

by LBRANCO

HELLO!

I WAS IN SHARM EL SHEIK LAST AUGUST. I STAY IN "MARITIM JOLIE VILLE RESORT PENINSULA". IT HAS A PRIVATE BEACH (THEY HAVE A BUS TO GET YOU THERE). IT IS A QUITE RESORT OUT OF NAAMA BAY. I REALLY ENJOY IT!

Comments