4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

More about Nubian Island Hotel

Egypt 2007

by kate.uk

"egypt 2007"

Went to Egypt for 3 weeks in Jan.
Got cheap return to Sharm El Sheikh. First stop Cairo which i enjoyed very much except I had been kidnapped by a "well meaning" family who insited on chauffering me everywhere - then ripped me off for the privilege! I particularly like the old market, but beware of your bags!
From Cairo I took a 10 hour train journey to Luxor, which was surprisingly comfortable. The view out of the window was interesting as well, ordinary Egyptians going about their daily business, all in all a very pleasant experience.
In Luxor I stayed at Happy Land and was very happy with it. The only thing I would say is that it's not really worth it do do any of their tours. I booked one to go to Karnak and Luxor temples, and then wished I'd doneit by myself with a guide book. I went to Valley of the Kings independantly (with 2 girls I met at the hostel) it was really easy to get the ferry across and then find a taxi. A highlight of my visit was walking from Valley of the Kings to the temple of Hatshepsut, really nice scenery! (to do this just ask the guides the way from Valley of the Kings).
From there I took another train to Aswan, I can't remember where I stayed but it was the sister hotel to happy land in Luxor. I liked Aswan - though there wasn't that much to do there, just walk absorb - and buy! i didn't thing that much to the botanical gardens - too may trees not enough flowers - the nubian island was interesting and a pleasant day spent wandering. I did take the organised trip to Abu Simbal - worthwhile, but as you are part of a convoy everyone arrives at the same time and visits everything at the some time. If I was to do it again I would visit the other temple first and then Abu Simbal second to avoid the crowds.
From there i went back up to Luxor and arranged my bus and ferry ticket to go from Hurgada back to the Sinai Penisula.
I stayed one night in Hurgada and didn't like it much!! I was asked to go to a nightclub with a young local which was interesting if only to see the russians dancing to really bad music! Oh and Egyptian vodka is rank!
The next morning up and on the ferry. At the other end I was surprised too find how easy and cheap with was to get to Dahab - a man with a minibus was filling it up from the ferry carpark.
Dahab was really nice. I stayed at the Bishibishi camp, i'ts a really nice place and the staff were lovely. I dived with Sinai divers and found them excellent. In Dahab I didn't do much, just diving and lazing, Sinai Divers had a roof top terrace that was lovely to sunbathe on in the afternoon.

Nubian Island

by diypbmm

Hi, can anyone tell me if pool towels are available on the all-inclusive and is it better to use the pound or egyption money when over there. Also is there a water park anywhere near here and if so where and how much does it cost.

by mr.small

Use LE(egyptian pound) when over there.Everywhere will take other money but the exchange rate will be way in their favour.

by Prole

Definitely Egyptian Pounds. And make sure you always carry lots of 1 & 5 pound notes, for tips, etc.

Nubian Island

by turrells

Hi we are off the sharm el sheilk on 15/03/07 for 7 nights. This is our 1st visit, we are staying at the Nubian Island resort, it will be my 40th Birthday whilst we are there and we are not sure what clothing, medicines etc., to take and we only have 5 days to go, any help or comments on the Nubian Island would be great. Thanks

by moonshine1970

Hi we are booked to go to Nubian Island as well on 24th July.. Our first time too.. My sister returned from Sharm el Sheik recently and was really sick/diahorea. She wonders wether it was the pool?!? After reading other reviews I recommend checking the pool is algea free.. I hope so!!!! We are so excited about going.We went to Turkey last year and booked a 3 star hotel.It was great. This year we chose 5 star for the luxury, let us know how you get on..or anything you find out.Good luck!

by guthrumktc

Hi
Try Holidays Uncovered on your computer .There are some reviews for this hotel there.
Cheers Kevin .

RE: RE: Nubian Island

by Jetgirly

Bring anti-diarrheal medicine (like Immodium) and hand sanitizer. Purell makes small travel-sized bottles of hand sanitizer that you can easily carry to the hotel restaurant. Those will help with tummy problems. I suggest bringing extra sunscreen- you'll need more than you think. Bring bandaids in case you get blisters (as they can get infected if not covered) and some painkillers like Tylenol.

Re: Nubian Island

by dipbmm

Hi,I will be going to Nubian Island from 25th March 2007 for 2 weeks. Is there anyone from England going to be there and is there an age limit for camel riding (youngest child is 7) and where would i go to organise this? Is it also better to change UK pound there or here? It's my first time in Egypt so any advice on anything would be appreciated.

RE: Re: Nubian Island

by mr.small

Much better rate when changing there.

Comments