Panorama Sharm El-Sheikh

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Panorama Sharm El-Sheikh

Great holiday but would definately not return to this 2 STAR hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member HolidayloveSomerset

Okay, where to start. My partner and I arrived at the Panorama Naama Heights on the 29th June. When we arrived at the hotel we realised that we were not surrounded by any other hotels, bars or restuarants but it really is only 15 minute walk into Naama Bay so you can walk it no problem....make sure you take a drink for the walk as it is very very hot over there. There are plenty of taxis that stop to try and get a fare on the walk so do not use the hotel taxi service as it's a rip off. You can get a taxi for 15 egyptian pounds which is much cheaper than what the hotel will charge you but we walked almost every time which was fine. The shuttle is available from the hotel, but there is not always someone there to book it for you and it gets full very quickly. When we got into our room, we were not impressed, we ended up with 3 single beds after booking a double and ended up having to sleep in 2 single beds pushed together. The hotel rooms were fine and in working order (mostly) but are not what they advertise, i think the rooms on the website must be of a different hotel or they have a sample room that is not used? They are very basic but you get what you pay for!! Bathroom was just OK, bit like a wet room so it can get quite dangerous on the tiles, our taps didn't work in the sink and we didn't have a warm shower for the whole two weeks we stayed there but this was actually quite nice on some days because it was hot outside. As we arrived at 1.30am the hotel had put some food in our room. This is good of them but unfortunately was not edible. There was a choice of some ham type stuff, stale cheese and bread and apples that looked like had been used in a game of basketball. You do get a free 1.5ltr bottle of water in your room on arrival which is much needed but you have to pay for everything in the mini bar...i have never experienced this on an all inclusive holiday!! Good things about the room were that the safe and airconditioning were free and much needed and we had a large balcony right by the pool. The cleaners were great, fresh towels, toilet roll etc every day. They even make animals and all sorts of things out of your towels. The best bit about the hotel was the pool area. It is a lovely pool, great shape instead of the usual rectangle which just made it nicer, but i don't think it is cleaned very often as you notice the build up of suncream, skin, scum whatever it is. The Aqua park in the hotel is great fun for kids, we actually had a good time on the slides too but a couple of people did cut themselves from the ridges so think you need to use mats. The pool at the aqua park is a lot cleaner and cooler than the main pool so went in there for a dip instead on a few occassions. There are not enough sunbeds for everyone at the hotel though so you need to get out early to get one. if you go and see the towel guy in the morning, he will put a towel out for you if you ask while you are at breakfast. The pool bar is quite handy as it's very close to the pool but as it's so close to the pool, you have to have plastic cups and if you do get a glass you cannot take it away from the bar. They tried to serve me a glass of red wine in a white plastic cup that you get at kids parties!!! You cannot have a bottle of water unless you pay for it, the only free water is from the water cooler which is usually warm due to the heat. There is also a guard at the water cooler as you are not allowed to fill up a bottle of water, you are only allowed a cup, which to me is shocking when it is supposed to be all inclusive. The staff at the pool bar and generally friendly and quite happy to have a laugh with you, they wok very hard for what they get paid. There is the odd one or two that are rude but i think you could get this anywhere you go. You were allowed to get a few drinks at a time throughout the day and early evening but when it gets to about 10pm you will only be allowed to get a drink for yourself, so if you are in a group or even just a couple you have to go to the bar individually which is a bit annoying but you get used to it. They do often run out of some soft drinks but there is always something you can drink. It is stiffling hot at night sat at the bar as no fans or anything but there is an air conditioned bar upstairs in reception which pool tables etc where you will get a glass. Generally all is ok apart from the food which is the worst thing about the hotel.The pasta was nice and some of the soups were ok but that's about it, the rest of the food is vile and everyone in the hotel was ill including a staff member that ended up in hospital with food poisoning. I was suprised to see that the only fruit was oranges and apples usually expect pineapple at least. There is watermelon at the pool bar but once again you have to pay for it. There is only the buffet restaurant to get food from unless you want to order something which you actually have to pay for. They do bring pizza, chips and meat ball things out to the pool bar at 12 but it was always cold and chewy almost like it had been cooked and 6am and then just reheated. There was a sign in reception saying there was a seafood restaurant but no such thing exists, they ended up covering it over with towel as so many people asked where it was. Out of two weeks i think we ate in the hotel about 4 times until we got ill, from there on eating out was the only option, so instead of being a good value all inclusive holiday it turned out pretty pricey! Some of the restaurants in naama bay are lovely so it was quite nice to get out, especially the Peking Chinese restaurant just above the camel bar, treated like kings! We went to the beach once on the shuttle but the sun beds are so close together it's like being in Ibiza, if you want to practically lay on top of a stranger then it's ok. The best thing about Sharm is the snorkelling which is amazing to see. We did the Turan Island trip which was brilliant, seeing all sorts of wonderful brightly coloured fish, eels, dophins, rays etc. The guides were brilliant and very friendly and the food on the boat was nice, drinks are all included also. Do be warned however that you have to pay for the snorkel equipment and life jackets on top of the price of the excursion but we still had a great day and even considered doing it twice! Unfortunately, we could not afford to do any other excursions as we spent so much money on food and water. If you go into shops be warned that they will lock you in there until you buy something which is very intimidating. Once we had experienced this once we did not go to another shop apart from the little supermarket down the road. The water, crisps and generally everything at the supermarket is a bargain compared to the prices at the hotel bar and shop. Go out of the back of the hotel which is by the pool bar, it's a private access area but you can walk through there and down the road to the supermarket. our first week seemed ok but all we heard in the second week of our holiday was complaining and i have never seen so many people move hotels in my life and i didn't realise this was even possible until the end of our holiday. I believe very much that you make your own holiday, we had a great time, met some great people, the weather was great and most of the hotel ok but were just very disappointed in the not so all inclusive and the absoloutely vile food. After speaking to the rep we realised this hotel is actually a 2 star + not a 4 star as advertised. Basically, i think you get what you pay for with regards to the hotel itself so don't expect a 4 star because it is not by any means. If they improved on their food, i think it would stand a much better chance of some half decent reviews!!! All in all, we got the relaxing holiday and hot weather that we went for and we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday but just would not return to this hotel. If you have already booked this hotel, just take some extra money for eating out in the evenings and if you are thinking of booking it to save pennies, i would stay elsewhere and pay the extra as whatever you save on hotel, you will spend on food!!

My son had a fantastic time, it was relaxing for me - all a matter of expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member LucieDerbyshire

I booked in a late deal cheaply and having travelled extensively I was not expecting the Egypt 4 star rating to match a European 4 star. The setting was fine, though we made the mistake initially to go out by the front of the hotel and therefore walked down along a building site to the beach. If you go out through the back, it is lovely, green, well maintained, by the town's leisure/flume attraction, and you walk down by the road or through the Hilton grounds, where there is a little supermarket (2 min's walk from the back of Panorama Naama hotel). You can also take the shuttle to their private beach but we did not as you have to book in advance, tell them what time you want to come back etc, and we preferred to be flexible.
The hotel itself: the pool is lovely, really nice view, see Debbie's review for pictures. We had a balcony overlooking it and I do miss it! The pool bar had a choice of tables and chairs or low set Bedouin tent-like carpeted cushions, where we sat in the evening (but bring mosquito repellent for the evening). I was on my own with my 7 year-old and he was treated like a star. He also loved the AquaPark attached to the hotel, which is free, and has slides for little ones to adults. Yes, it is true that they do not operate all day long. They operate on the basis of one hour on one hour off from 10am till 5pm. It is expectable in a place where water evaporation rates are enormous, and anyway it is so hot, you don't want to have more than one hour at a time! Yes, I agree that those slides are operated during the hottest period of the day, but they are supervised and it was not a problem for us. We relaxed by the main pool in the evening.
The noise: music of the same style went round every day at the pool, and a bit too loud at times, but never past 11pm, and you could hardly hear it with the windows in the room shut and heavy curtains drawn so sleeping early was not a problem either. Ok, if it had been me, I would have liked no music at all during the day. And less loud at night. But then I can't cope with loud bars in the UK either.
The food: average but very safe. I think they should cook sound Egyptian/middle Eastern food rather the boring International food they provide, but I had not come for the food, so that was fine. There was always something nice to eat at the buffet if you chose carefully, even though it was rather samy. Filtered water available all the time. Local lager fine.
Service: I had no problems. Tipped the room service boy every other day 5 to 10 Egyptian pounds (as recommended by my Egyptian friend) according to service, which was good and delivered with a smile.
Room: comfy bed, TV did not tune well but i don't have a TV at home so that was not a problem. AC worked fine. Shower was fine though it flooded the whole bathroom every time.
Overall: we had a great time, I relaxed and read, my son played in water most of the time and made local friends.
It is not the Hilton! But then I did not pay Hilton rates either! For the price, it was great. And I loved the sight of the pool when opening my curtains in the morning.

like a rolercoaster some ups but allot of downs !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MUSCLEMASS_MrTRAVELL

right where to start, the location of the hotel is around a fifteen minuite walk from naama itself and a very short cab ride which you can get for 15-20 egyption pounds which is like two british.... IF and a big if, you dont book with the guy in loby who charges thirty and tries to send away any cabs other than his and hold you ransom. Dont let him do this and go to security and get them to call you a cab. I will start off with the best parts of the hotel, the pool (although dirty) is nice and to be honest it is so hot you dont care if its dirty. The rooms are reasonable and cleaned everyday, although our shower stopped working everyday and a horrific smell did come from our toilet on a regular basis which when we complained about was dismissed and we were told that it was normal, OK maybe normal in Egyptian land but not where i come from. The aqua park is amusing and a good feature but beware of riges in the slides and use the mats (however odd it is to have them on slides) as i myslef and some young children did get injured and cut on the slides. The bar by the pool is convenient and quiet nice and ...... hmmmmm thats about all. Now to the absoloutly disgraseful food! it is an abomination, seriosly if you dont believe me try it, ive been all inclusive 7 times and this is the worst by a million miles, it was variety less, bland, looked like baby food that had been regurgetated and gave 90% of the hotel a bug, which i am still recovering from. It actually ruined some peoples whole stay. The food was so bad that after two days myself and around 5 other people i met at the hotel, excluding the people i travelled with, so 9 in total ate out every day which made the total cost of the stay sky rocket. When their eventually was something good on to eat we were limmited to what we were alloud which was like world war two rations and were told no and that we were greedy. This made me so livid i had a chat with Abdo (the resaraunt manager and expalained i haddent eaten anything all week and why am i being refused food while being on an all inclusive basis), if i wanted a full pig i had paid for it. One night it was humerous to see a table full of peopel eating just bread, it resembled the last supper. Some of the staff at the hotel are brill and a good laugh but then there is arround half which are the some most ignorant people i have ever met. Seriosly i have grown up in the hotel industry and these guys took the buiscuit. All day by the pool we were bugged by the massarge man who resorted to saying "your back is horrible but i will make it better" and "your shorts have cut you let me fix", or bugged by the hairdresser saying "you need a harcut, its not right". I had one the day before i left thankyou. We were constantly harrased for tips by the staff, even the security guards at night, one called mahmood tried to charge me 12 dollers to play table tennis. NO MAHMOOD its ALL INCLUSIVE !!!! well supposed to be. There is two "Shows" a week, a belly dancer and an african show which are dull to say the least. Thats it for the entertainment lol pay 12 dollers to play ping pong and make your own is the policy. The private beach is more like a lake and a twnty minuite drive away, go to the naama bay public beach it is really nice and has brill water sports for a good price which can be haggled down.Like i have said i have stayed all inclusive many times and this really dosent compare, i can see this place being better in around 1o years time but for now stay away and go bed and breakfast, you will get much better value. I think the people who gave such a good review have never been all inclusive before and i can see that if you havent that they would think it is great here but the truth is it is pretty terrible. For once im glad to back in the UK and eat some normal food, i had a chinease when i got back and it was like a spiritual awakening or an out of body experience lol. bottom line dont pay anymmore than £300 for one week and dont go for two!

stay away!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mandy1234567

we have just come back from this hotel. what a nightmare! We have stayed in two star accommodation better than this. The hotel itself was ok but is run very badly, no ice cubes, no beer at times and no soft drinks. Food is awful, we had to eat out for most of the holiday, thats until we got the awful bug that comes with holidaying in Egypt. If you are thinking about taking children here then don't bother. There is nothing for children to eat at this hotel unless you want to pay for it!

PANORAMMA NAMMA [--] NOT HEIGHTS

by TripAdvisor Member tatmanStokeOnTrent

Seriously take it from do not go to this hotel biggest waste of money i have ever spent. Start with a couple of good things:
Main swimming pool was ok as far as swimming pools go apart from people playing water polo in the middle of it all day long.
Rooms were ok all with air conditioning and ours were cleaned with fresh towels every day (THAT WAS OUR SIDE OF THE HOTEL THE OTHER SIDE I HEARD NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS ABOUT)
Thats all i can say thats good
NOW THE BAD BITS
FOOD: You can not call it food unless you are are rat its disgusting i wouldnt feed it to my dustbin you get the same stuff semi reheated every day we even saw food of used plates been put back for others to eat (DISGUSTING)
Place mats were noy changed when dirty just turned over and over again for some other unlucky person to use and if you want a drink in the restaraunt it aint juice its some sweet sugary syrup type effort (DONT HAVE IT)
POOL BAR FOOD: ha ha what a joke they bring some cold chips,little tiny pizza slices (THAT ARE COLD) and some meat ball things (I RECKON THEY WERE RAT OR SOMETHING)
DRINKS: again ha ha you get some dirty half pint plastic glass which are mostly broken and you only get it half filled plus most of the bar staff wont let you have more than one drink so if in a group you all have to go up (SO ANNOYING)
The aqua park does have slides but these dont open till 12 then they open for an hour and close for an hour and so on (WATCH OUT FOR CUTS ON THE SLIDES I GOT LOADS) and the aqua park bar isnt even open.
The evening entertainment is pretty much none existent and sitting under the main pool bar is like sittting in a sauna (NO FANS OR ANYTHING)
BAR STAFF ARE VERY RUDE ESPECIALLY TO WOMEN SO BE WARNED
I know people dont go on holiday to use the gym (I KNOW I DONT) but it was rubbish and nothing worked
IF YOU GO BUDGET TO EAT OUT EVERY NIGHT TRUST ME YOU WILL NEED TO
The town is about a 15 - 20 minute walk but you will do it after you have starved for a coule of days taxis there cost about 30 -40 egyptian pounds.
The hotel does have a little private beach but you have to get a pass abd a bus ride from reception and you have to book (WE ONLY WENT ONCE) the sun beds down there are all side by side and if you turn over you you are face to face with a stranger BUT SNORKELLING IN THE SEA IS GOOD
WE WERE THER FOR A WEEK AND HEARD NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS ABOUT 20 PEOPLE EVEN MOVED HOTELS SOMETHING I WISH WE HAD DONE AND SOMETHING I HAD NEVER SEEN HAPPEN BEFORE
ALL IN ALL IF YOU DONT BELIEVE WHAT I HAVE SAID TRY IT BUT I PROMISE YOU WONT BE HAPPY STARVING,BAD STOMACH,THE RUNS AND PAYING FOR FOOD YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IS NOT REALLY A HOLIDAY

O AND BY THE WAY IF YOU DO GO TO THE TOWN WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE TRYING GET YOU SIGN THE LUCKY BOOK IN THERE SHOPS ONCE YOUR IN THEY WILL LOCK YOU IN TILL YOU HAVE BROUGHT SOMETHING

THIS IS A 2* HOTEL NOT 4* BY THE WAY WE WERE TOLD BY THE STAFF THERE

RICHARD STOKE ON TRENT

oh my god!!!!!!! 4 star i think not !!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tierneyharkin

arrived at this hotel on the 28th of june oh my god to start you are taken up a long dirt track were you are greeted to faulty towers. The reception is standard, the rooms are not the ones which are advertised, the food is awful we never ate for two days, the pool is the best thing about this hotel that for me was what sold it for us but oh no all i advised take imodium with you. We had no water to get washed for 1 day we moved on the 1 st july to the kiroseiz three corners much better but stay away if you can if you have booked already good luck if you can change your accomdation now before you go or risk being ripped off to move !!!!!!

dont even think of going there....welcome to hell !!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member debs29Liverpool

where to start, transfer failed to pick us up, arrived early hours of morning, very tired and thirsty. shown to our room......very dirty, toilet was full of faeces, sheets mouldy, exposed wiring above bed head, no drinks in fridge, asked to change room, suddenly the receptionist could not understand english when we complained. finally moved us to another room, not as bad but still very poor...hotel is advertised at 4 star...but has been down graded to 2...but the tour operators fail to tell you this. following morning, vomit in the pool, not chemical cleaners were used in the week we were there, when i approached our rep to move rooms, he told me to go away it wsnt his problem, spent first four days of our holiday complaining, only to be threatened by five egypyian men. very upsetting this was definitely a holiday from hell and i wouldnt send my worst enemy. i have stayed throughoutthe world, the dominican, jamaica, turkey tunisia, croatia but never have i seen such appaling standards, the food was so awful i lost a stone in wiehgt whilst i was there for ONE WEEK, several other holiday makers also complained, the animation team left in disgust when we were there and refused to ever work there again. i have bee put of egypt forever...;....

CRAP....DO NOT GO HERE!

by TripAdvisor Member lee40

Well where do you want us to start...we spent 10 days at this hotel with our 2 children aged 13 and 15. It wasnt an expensive holiday but we did expect a bit more for our money. Not enough sun loungers, you would have to get up early to get one which is not want you want to do on holiday when you should be relaxing. Food is terrible ,we are not fussy eaters but could not find much to eat, same food everyday which was semi reheated or cold. We had to eat out 5/6 times at an additional expense for an all inclusive holiday. Drinks were warm, no ice, chipped plastic cups which were dirty, only 2 drinks per person, most staff were unfriendly and didnt want to serve you (apart from Sammy). Hygiene is very poor washing glasses in dirty water, tables not wiped around bar and pool area. Bar around aqua park not open. Wasnt entertainment until it was complained about, then it was a belly dancer for half an hour for 3 nights (boring). No childrens club, no indoor pool, no dance lessons or aerobics, its not beachfront, only 2 bars open not 3, no daytime entertainment, no watersports,late dinner buffet you have to pay for, lunch time buffet is cold pizza, chips and meatballs everyday, and snacks in the daytime wastn always available. You would get constant hassle from the spa people several times throughout the day, and the spa area was just a gazebo by the pool area. You wasnt allowd to take drinks back to the room because of lack of plastic cups. At eleven everthing is closed you then have to pay for your drinks, i would suggest to pay cash as you will find extras added onto your bill. You also have to pay for ice-creams. We and most of the hotel had upset stomaches with severe stomach cramps which lasted several days. On day of departure wrist bands cut of at 12 p.m then you have to pay for your drinks and food. It seems that they do not like the british. Both the main pool and the aqua park are good but do need a good clean, and more sunbeds are needed. We had beautiful weather everyday which you could not fault, i would recommend a high factor sun cream. Naama bay was an experience but you do get hassled quite a bit which is very annoying and puts you off looking. We will return back to Egypt but not to this hotel and we would not recommend it either. I have travelled with my family for the last 15 years and this is the worst hotel we have stopped in. I can't believe that some of the other reports have reccomended this hotel because it is just awful.

Rubbish- Waste of Money!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CCADVISOR

i have just got back Egypt and thought id put a review on ASAP. We were suppose to stay at this hotel for two weeks but lasted 4 days only because it took so long to get a hotel transfer through low cost holidays. This hotel is no way a 4 star. The food is very poor, friends we met got food posioning and where too ill and did not have money to be moved. Low cost Egyptian rep wanted to charge approx £200-300 to move us but we had family at home that had lots of trouble getting us moved for free. The rep was less helpful when realised we were not paying for it. The rooms at this hotel are nothing like pictured on the internet, please don't be fooled. It was disappointing to think we spent money on it. We were transfered to Amarante Garden Palms and this was a real 4 star near naama bay and the beach unlike Panarama naama heights. I don't rate Low cost holidays so if possible try and avoid using them. The food at the hotel was served cold. E.G chips. It says there is a shop but you couldn't buy a bottle of water for your room, even though our fridge didn't work. I suggest to book another hotel than have the hassel transferring!! I couldn't of lasted two weeks there! Please don't spoil your holiday and waste money. SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS AND ANY QUESTIONS I WILL ANSWER IF I CAN.

Just going down to the depthsJust going down to the depths

Relaxing time on the empty beachRelaxing time on the empty beach

Local rose wineLocal rose wine

school of atheniaschool of athenia

To petra

by Willyfaheem

Hi All,

i am planning a trip with my mum in October. mainly we want to go to petra via sharm El shiekh,,,, would like your recomendations for travel agents who can handle our trip to petra and i would want to know the average price per person.

one more question is it enough to visit perta for 1 whole day or does it need to stay over the night there, ???? in this case how much will the night cost me in Petra .... average hotel , i dont need luxerious one

thanks in advance

by clueless83

When we went to Sharm in November, our travel agent was offering trips to Petra. They were First Choice/Thomson. They were charging £155 (by boat) and £229 (by air) both prices are in UK pounds sterling.

We didn't go to Petra as we chose to visit Cairo instead but would've done if money hadn't been an option. I imagine you can probably find cheaper prices elsewhere but at least this gives you a guideline.

by vdoortje

Any travel agent in Sharm will offer this trip. Just wander around the shopping area and compare prices. Remember you can always bargain for a price!!!

Travel company reps will overcharge you huge! Local travel agents are much cheaper. Try to convince other members of your group to take the same trip. The more the merrier! With a local travel agent more people in a booking will lower the price!

In Aswan we once paid 75$ per person for a trip to Abu Simbel with our travel agent rep. Later we found out that you can do the same trip for 25$ with a local travel agent. If you can organise a group of 10 you can bargain the price down to 20 or 15$ per person.

Good luck, Dora.

by NilePrincess

Re the amount of time, I would suggest the two days. It is ALOT of walking, especially if you want to do more than just be rushed through. You can overnight and spend the second morning there and be out by lunch. There are simple hotels nearby but I didn't catch the names, sorry. Petra is an amazing place. I plan to go back.

NP