Pyramisa All Inclusive Resort Villas

Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 31% more and rated 25% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

• Avoid Pyramisa (now Sea Magic) for a year

Would have been great if the builders were not re-constructing the ENTIRE place. No concession to holidaymakers. Literally working in the room next door, in the same bar etc. Builders at work 8am to midnight.

Reception staff appalling, all other staff great.

And we liked the food!

Probably be quite nice in a year.

Unique Quality: As I say, leave it a year - or get it in writing that work has stopped. Great views from our 4th room.

Check if spa has re-opened.

• Mark2spark's Profile Photo

An Honest Opinion

We stayed at the Pyramisa between 08/01/06 ? 15/01/06.
    We had a great holiday.
    The hotel has 5* facilities, it?s probably maintained at around 4.5*. It?s difficult to say now, with hotels in Dubai doing 6 or 7*, yet the Grand Floridian hotel on site in Florida Disneyworld still only being rated 5*. Still, don?t be mistaken, pretty much everything is cleaner and of a better standard than your typical 3* Spanish holiday hotel.
    The staff are helpful, friendly, and speak good English.
    The food is good, sometimes excellent. No pork on offer.
    Home made soups and fresh baked bread very good.
    Misleading food signs (such as ?Fish in Tricky sauce? or ?Foul Beans?) make all meals a hilarious event.
    No A/I food available after restaurants close at 10pm, although room service is 24 hour, and cheeseburger and chips is only ?2.80!
    Bar for A/I closes at midnight, although you can still buy drinks. On site disco (1st drink free) is open till 3am I believe, but never went.
    The (bottled) beer (no draught) was very good, tasted a bit like a Michelob. No such thing as Bacardi, but Egyptian rum is very good, tastes (and was coloured) like Caribbean (Mount Gay) rum. All ice is made from mineral water.
    One free 1.5L bottle of water pp available every day from the water station, next to the doorway for the indoor pool.
    The weather was virtually cloudless blue sky everyday, temps about 23C (73F), UV4, all four of us got varying stages of sunburn / tan.
    With a Bank, shops, and diving school on site, there almost is no reason to go out of the gates, apart from the obvious desire to explore further.
    We booked the day trip to Cairo (by air) off the medhotels rep in reception, ?135 each, which included door to door, entrance fees to Citadel (Mohamed Aly mosque), Cairo Museum (with King Tut treasures), Lunch, Pyramids & Sphinx, perfume & papyrus factories. A long day (5.30am pickup) but back in time for evening meal, well worth the visit, even if just to experience the driving in Cairo!
    All in all, a good value for money holiday.

Unique Quality: 2 outdoor pools. Swim up pool bar. 1 outdoor wave pool, with slide. 1 indoor pool (heated).
    About 8 restaurants.
    3 private beaches with jetties and dive school. Beach and pool masseurs.
    Gym.
    Kids club.
    Varied evening entertainment.
    Shops and Bank on site.

Directions: Sharks bay is the first collection of hotels heading from the airport towards Na'ama Bay & Old Sharm.

More about Pyramisa All Inclusive Resort Villas

we stayed in Pyramisa Isis...

by Vilhelmiina

we stayed in Pyramisa Isis Luxor and Pyramisa Isis Island Aswan. They both were elegant and nice hotels.
I don´t actually know the prices of these two hotels, but they were given 5 stars by the Egyptian Ministery of Tourism. Pyramisa Isis Island is located on an island in Aswan. There is only the hotel on the island and I can easily describe it as a paradise island! There are 2 swimming pools and beautiful surroundings! Italian restaurant ans the Nubian village aren´t open yet which was a shame, but next time...

Where not to stay

by tmiles2 about Pyramisa Hotel in Cairo

The Pyramisa Hotel in Cairo is not recommended. We spent 3 nights here and it is over-priced,
dirty rooms, poor service, rude employees, on and on. It is large; restaurants, Casino, disco, pool.

The staff and management were most unhelpful. Two of 3 nights our A/C was not working and the manager made little effort to accommodate us. WE found the only language they understood, was to be unreasonable! That's not our style, but it was all that worked.

Best advice: there are many, many hotels in Cairo (pop 22million). Find a better know chain for better accommdations.

The Valley

by imdreams about Pyramisa Isis Hotel Luxor

The Isis Hotel Luxor is a five stars hotel superbly located on eight acres of beautiful landscaped gardens on the bank of the Nile within a walking distance from Luxor temple and the city center. 516 rooms and suites commanding a magnificent view of the west bank. Facilities

RESTAURANTS

Billiards
Table tennis
Children playground
The biggest ballrooms in Upper Egypt

It is gery hard to recommend...

by MrGQ

It is gery hard to recommend accomdation because each of us has a different prefernce. So I will try to cover both ends of the scale!

Nico, I am really rich and I want a palace!
Try: FOUR Seasons .. MERIDIEN HELIOPOLIS .. Nile Hilton .. The Mena House OBEROI hotel .. and The MERIDIEN LE CAIRO.

Umm .. I hate palaces anyway! Anything less .. flashy?
Sure!! Try: PYRAMISA hotel or FLAMENCO hotel.

You know Nico I like the intimate accomadation of the tralier park housing?! Any chance I'd find one?

Umm no .. but they do have some basic dormitory style hotels! Make sure you have health insurance and don't mind sharing the room with some of god's little creatures! :)

I am sure there are some exceptions but I honestly don't know any.Check the local listing for those. In the meantime try Europa Hotel it is very reasonablly priced Around $40/night it was 2 years ago during peak time.

A fine example of a hotel

by ciao_bambino about Pyramisa Isis

This is a 5* hotel. It has two very clean pools, every hour or less someone would check the water. We chose to have just breakfast included, but wished we had done the meals because the breakfast was amazing, it was the best id had at any other accomodation, there was just such a range and everything was cooked to a top standard. They also offer a range of restaurants in the hotel.
The rooms where also amazing, we had a balcony overlooking the nile which was fantastic it gave an amazing view at sunset and night.
They are also spacious with a desk, a table, armchairs and television and table and chairs on the balcony.
The people there take pride in the hotel everytime we where there all we saw where people cleaning, they would even polish the brass everyday.
I found it to be in a nice area, with shops right outside and a few inside, including a postbox. The staff where also very pleasant, especially the breakfast staff they would make a real effort to ensure you had everything you needed and took an interest in where you where from and what you where doing that day. They even asked to have there photo taken with us.
On of my best stays at a hotel, I couldnt of asked for anything better, id go back in a flash!! 2 Pools
Air conditioned rooms
Telephone
Mini fridge

Pyramisa

by ysio

Very nice hotel, All inclusive.
Breakfast 7-10.00
sauna
Squash
5 beaches

The Pyramisa is ok

I vitised the Pyramisa for one week in October with my partner and three other couples, this was our first visit to Egypt and i was very worried after reading some of the reports on this site.
I will agree with some of them, the hotel is nice but not 5 star, the rooms could do with moderninsing and the food served in the restaurants is not great, dont bother to pay for the seafood restaurant its not worth it and dont go near the chinese its terrible, also all the soft drinks are really watered down, some so bad there was more water than cola so this may be what causes a lot of the sickness as its probably watered down with tap water. Out of the eight of us only two of us got any sort of stomach upset but the two that did had to visit the toilet a lot even after we got home!
The hotel is huge, its set right on the beach front and in lovely gardens, it has three pools and three beaches which are all great, some are lively with music and activities and some are quiet and secluded, the main pool with wave machine is great fun. The weather for the week was wonderful and the coral and fishes in the sea are amazing, even if you dont want to snorkle you can walk out on the jettys and the fish are just swimming around your feet!
I'd recomend a massage and coconut body scrub from the health centre it was great, very relaxing and the quad biking trip out into the desert is great. There are lots of water sports you can do, the banana boats are great fun!
The local town of Nama Bay is good, very lively, loads of restaurants and bars, i'd recomend the Indian restaurant in the Camel Hotel and the Mexican Restaurant the food in both was really good.
Overall the hotel was good but i wouldnt bother with all inclusive again its not worth it, your better off paying less for b&b and eating out in the town its cheap and the food is much better than the hotel.
Our flights were with Excel Airways and they were terrible, a 5hr delay going and coming home our flight was cancelled and we were rerouted to Manchester and then coached back to Gatwick, so that was a really bad end to the holiday, also dont bother paying extra for a sea view room, we did and didnt get it and then its a right hassel to move rooms but other than these things our week at the Pyramisa was good, i would go back to Egypt but not this hotel as others are meant to be so much better.

Pyramisa Sharm we tried to have an open mind........

by TripAdvisor Member tonick

Dont read hotel reviews before i go anywhere like to have an open mind...........Wish I had done now....

Got back from pyramisa end of august took till now to get a review on here ceiling collapsed when we got back and stuff.......

Beach is nice spend all your time there the rest can only be described as very poor.........
DO NOT expect 5* cause you ain't gonna get it, went egypt last year at sharks bay hilton 4* it was lovely...

Dirty green pool water, as we said to the manager what is the point of having the biggest pool in Sharm when it is the filthiest......the first excuse for this was different chlorine that made the water green, after I informed him I actually build swimming pools this was changed to a small problem with the filtration system that they had now rectified, which in there defence pool was looking cleaner the day we left.........

Food is terrible, I think they are just trying to be too clever with it, Friday bbq night was the worst dubious food handling techniques half the hotel where ill.....Chinese isn't too bad nothing like chinese but quite edible, we where ill 7 days between us...last year with 2 kids in tow and a trip to Cairo not one day so don't give it all drinking cold fluid on hot stomachs, mate after staying here we know em all !!!!!!!!

Finally got some decent food last 2 nights of holiday when ordering KFC from Naama bay except the last night when security kept him at the gate for an hour... manager at the time on the phone said food from KFC had made guests ill...
Next day unfortunatly in meeting with him armed with concealed dictaphone he haid changed this and said driver had been causing problems...shame cause bet KFC would have liked to have heard that....

Entertainment OH MY GOD where is it!!! I know its difficult keeping all nationalities happy but at least TRY !!!! If I hear that Sexy song again in my life, (youll know if you go) I will blow my brains out !!!!

Maintainance on the hotel was non existant holes where filled while we where in the room to stop bugs coming from them......
chipped sinks and bath, dirty curtains, cracking walkways......corridors near the two restaurants smell of drains.

This hotel should not be advertised by any UK tour operators IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!!! there are lots of hotels in Sharm that are,
USE THEM!!!!!

On a positive note taxi drivers in hotel car park are great 35E to naama bay and airport very friendly if not a bit mental at driving.......
And the head bar guy with glasses is a nice bloke, the manager though don't give a toss.............

This is an old hotel that is in desperate need of a refurb and its wobbly concrete floors repaired and its pool cleaning.......

Advice to manager use your beach for parties and stuff, wasted area just in the day time it has massive potential.....
I know what someone will say, what about the coral it will get ruined, well news for you it already is ............... dead as a dodo ....

Pyramisa resortPyramisa resort

Pyramisa Sharm Resort

by psjadams

Hi all, my wife, 7 year old son and me are staying at the Pyramisa Sharm Resort hotal in August. Does anyone have any info on the hotel and its facilities from first hand experience.
We have been to Sharm before, but no nothing of this hotel.
Thanks,
Simba,s pride.

RE: Pyramisa Sharm Resort

by Mark2spark

If you go to my homepage, click on Sharm, then click on Hotels, I've written a 'report' on what I found there. I went for a week in January 06... obviously it will be hotter in the summer, but you might find some useful info.

Comments