7th Km North Sharm Airport - Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

More about Rehana Royal Beach Resort

Disgusting Russian Butlins 2* at best stay away

by TripAdvisor Member fifiBournemouth

Here is my complaint letter to Tour Operator

I have never had to necessity to complain about a holiday before; however our stay at the Rehana Royal Beach and Spa was so completely disgusting I now feel compelled to do so.

When I booked the holiday I was assured that it was 5* and that it had a Spa.

On arrival we were greeted with sprayed on graffiti on the walls covering the building site.

I had previously e mailed the hotel to ask about wifi access in the rooms and bath robes, I was assured that both of these requests would be possible, I have e mail confirmation of this.

We were taken to our room down approximately 75 steps.

Our first night we booked at the supposed “Oriental” restaurant (one would assume Chinese or something similar) but it was in fact an Arabic restaurant and we were told a la carte.
There was no choice, only some salad followed by Luke ward garlic soup and then some inedible burnt chicken and something else which we did not eat as again it was burnt.

We had continuous loud rap music playing all night through the pool speakers.

The bed was like sleeping on concrete, requested extra duvets to sleep on; instead we were given an extra set of single mattresses which were equally as hard.

Bath robes did not arrive for 2 days.

I took the journey to reception 3 times on 3 separate days up the 75 steps to ask about the internet connection ( we own and operate a holiday business imperative we pick up e mails) eventually we were given 1 hours access between 11&12 not helpful if we wanted to go out for the day.

There were no toilets anywhere near the pool.

The pool was dirty and crowded the food offered by the pool was worse than dog food, chopped up liver in a roll with chips served on a Styrofoam plate with white plastic ,mugs for drinks. Or negotiate the 72 steps up to the main restaurant.

The gin and vodka was like jet fuel.

The main, the restaurant served food which was reheated from the night before and the lunch menus were the same as the evening and it was like a canteen.
It was like a Russian Butlins.

The hotel is right under a flight path, so along with the daily rap music there is the jet noise as well.

The standard of dress for dinner was swimming trunks and vests.

One of the evening’s entertainments was to collect toilet paper, drink vodka, and collect guest’s shoes, a competition between men and women.

The other night there were big fat hairy Russian men in their underpants having a vodka drinking competition.

There was no Spa at the hotel only a tent on the beach offing massages & some treatments, whilst having a massage mobiles were being answered and loud rap music going on by the pool.

When we tried to discuss this with the Management quote…………. “This is your opinion”

We decided that we would try the “Italian” restaurant however in the hotels information there is no mention of an Italian restaurant only a fish restaurant. My wife is allergic to fish so we would not have booked that.

On arrival at the “Italian” restaurant we noticed that there were Chinese symbols on the doors, windows and the lamp shades, again this was supposed to be a la carte.
The music was so loud you could not have a conversation; we were given salad with shrimps, which my wife could not eat. All the staff disappeared to cut flowers for a Russian table.
Then the lights were turned out and ALL the staff including chef decided to have a party, my wife had nothing to eat and we still had no wine.

My wife and I witnessed a serious child abuse situation by the pool by a Russian family and we were both very disturbed by this.

At this point we decided we had to leave this revolting hotel.

I tried to call the 0870 UK number but no reply, I tried to call our rep Mohamed I eventually got hold of him at 11pm and asked him if he could help.

I spent 1.5 hours at Reception trying to the through to the Regency Hyatt (having stayed in this hotel in Taba)

Eventually Mohammad called back and said he had a room booked there for us.

On departure from the Rehana there was no management available. We stayed for 5 nights.

We checked into the Regency Hyatt and they did not have the booking from Mohamed.

I genuinely believe that we were misled in respect of this hotel, and your company (Media Travel) is responsible for the serious breach of misrepresentation.

I trust that you will be able to resolve this for us and compensate accordingly.

3 star CANTEEN

by TripAdvisor Member tayles

We stayed at this hotel in early March, and really if I had taken a closer look at Trip Advisor, I wouldn't have stayed there. The hotel itself is OK, what makes it awful, is the food, and everything everyone say about the food is right. It was warm, most of time you had no idea what you were eating. The staff were rushed off their feet, not enough cutlery, running out of milk, hot water, etc.etc. I was told to have my tea in a plastis cup, IS THIS WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM A 5 STAR HOTEL, i think not. However, it all came to a head as myself and two other english couples complained and were moved to the Royal Rehana Beach hotel across the road - what a difference. Can I say to everyone that if you complain loud enough you will be moved, dont sit there and expect others to do this for you.

beware excursion rip off

by TripAdvisor Member davidandlyn

stayed at rehana 18january until 25 january 2009.we attended reps meeting on first morning and booked 2 excursions from the list given to us which was priced in sterling.We thought it best to pay by credit card but the payment slips would only take payments in egyptian pounds or u.s.dollars.our 2 trips totalled £376.the wings tour rep mohammed converted this into dollars and wrote the figure down on the slip.on arriving home i phoned the credit card company to verify the amount charged.we had been charged £465 an overpayment of £89.We have tried to contact wings several times both by phone and e-mail but they never answer so we have left this with our credit card company to pursue.This did not really surprise us as we feel the hotel is misleading.There is no spa in the rehana royal spa and beach hotel,it advertises itself as a 5 star it is not only 3 star at best.The food is poor either very salty or very sweet.The entertainment is only for the numerous russians and very loud.If you position yourself correctly at the beach you can listen to 4 differant kinds of music all at the same time.It is unfortunate because what could have been an okay hotel falls short in both standard of finish and being ripped off.

really beautiful hotel-ignore the bad reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member Princess01London

Im 24 and have just come back from 10 nights all inclusive at the rehana royal with my boyfriend. Please dont listen to the bad reviews on here about the hotel-we was really worried before we went because of the reviews but just ignore them as we had a really good time. I wouldn't even normally bother writing a review but was really annoyed by how bad the reviews for this hotel are

The hotel was amazing and the staff were great. Even though the hotel is not yet finished, it didnt affect our stay as the building work was a seperate part of the hotel. There was about 20 pools, and so it was quite easy to get a sun lounger everyday. Yes the drinks during the day are served in plastic cups but thats because you're round the pool and so wouldnt expect glasses!! Also, the staff are always coming round collecting the cups etc, and so i cant understand some of the reviews on here saying the place was littered with rubbish-its not!

Rooms were lovely, spacious with a big bathroom and balcony-most days when we came back to our room the cleaners had made a shape out of towels and flowers and placed them on the bed-it was a really nice touch. We also had bottled water left everyday.

Food was ok, but as we were there for 10 nights it got a bit repitive. There are only actually two a la carte restaurants finished which was a bit dissapointeing but there would be enough variety if you were there for just 7 nights. The a la carte restaurants are an oriental and an italian-the ffod wasnt really italian (we had meat and potatoes in there) but it was still nice food!! The buffet had alot to choose from, and is what you'd usually expect to get on a buffet-salad bar, rice, potatoes, meat dishes, fish dishes etc. And there was always fresh pasta, or pizza everynight in the dining area, if you didnt want to eat from the buffet.

The rehana royal is much better then its sister hotel-the rehana which is opposite. But we did venture over to the rehana a couple of nights because they have a really good disco on every night-which played good music-and you can use your all inclusive wrist band for drinks!! Rehana royal hotel have entertainment every night but this was usually for the kids, so that why we liked going over to the rehana on a couple of nights.

The hotel is quite a way from namba bay, but the further you go from the town the bigger/better the hotels are as there is more space to build them on. It cost about £6 to get into the town in a taxi, or you could always go on the hotel bus which is a bit cheaper so its fine. I'd definately recommend going into the town at least once, as theres loads of nice restaurants and some bars to drink in. We also went to a casino while we were there, which is another really good night-grand sinai casino was the one we went to as its the most popular.

Soho square is a new complex about 10 minutes away from the hotel by taxi (you wont find info about this in any of the egypt tour books becuase they are a few years old). We only found out about it from flyers in the reception-theres bowling, ice skating, an english pub, pangea club, and some nice restaurants.

Couple more brief points........
Yes there were a lot of russians at the hotel but it didnt effect our holiday one bit-why would it!
There spa is not finished yet and so there is basically there is no spa, but you can have a massage on the beach which was nice.
Yes the shops in the hotel are expensive for food etc, but you can just walk out of the hotel and 2 minutes down the roads theres a supermarket and loads of little shops whcih are really cheap.

Good value, but not the greatest

by TripAdvisor Member Oznovice

The most important thing to say about the Rehana Royal is that if you like this kind of thing - fairly cheap, all inclusive, pool based holiday - you probably won't be disappointed. We've had similar all inclusive holidays in Egypt and Greece before and this hotel is pretty much standard for this type of package. However, if you are expecting a truly 5* experience, you aren't going to get it. But then for around £400 per person all in for a week, you can't really complain!

There are many positive things about this hotel.

The rooms are of a very good standard - spacious (we had a 2 year old in a cot so this was particularly important for us), equipped to a high standard and clean. We had one problem with our shower and it did take a couple of days to get sorted, but it was eventually fixed. All rooms have an outside area which was pleasant to sit at whilst our daughter was asleep in the afternoons and evenings. Having read other postings we emailed beforehand to ensure we got a cot and a room in a quieter part of the hotel and both these requests had been actioned when we arrived.

The complex itself is attractively designed on a number of levels which gradually make their way down to the sea. It looks particularly nice when lit up at night. Because there are lots of smaller areas with their own pools, rather than one big common pool area, it wasn't difficult to find some privacy. Even though we were there off peak, I imagine this would still be the case in the peak season . They've obviously put a lot of thought into landscaping and in a few years' time when the various plants and flowers have had a chance to grow, I'm sure it will be a very pleasant location.

The swimming pools are great - well designed and as previous reviewers have said there are lots of them (we didn't count all 36!). The slides and water chutes were fun, and some of the older children (and adults!) we saw were entertained for the whole day going up and down these. Although the weather when we were there was lovely, it was nonetheless great that three of the pools were heated. There are loads of sun beds and I'm sure there will still be plenty when the hotel is full.

The staff were excellent and particularly attentive towards our 2 year old daughter, who loved the attention. They made a real fuss of her and us, and were very engaging and friendly. We didn't tip all that much, but that didn't seem to make a difference to their commitment to helping us however they could.

We didn't spend much time on the beach but we did walk down there most days and it's very pleasant. The jetty means that you can sample the sealife without getting in as the water is so clear. A real highlight was the last day, when the sea suddenly went perfectly calm and the tide went out past the reef, and you could walk out to the edge of the coral shelf with tropical fish swimming around your feet. Magical, especially for our daughter.

The main buffet restaurant was perfectly satisfactory. The problem with any all inclusive hotel is that the food tends to get pretty boring after 3 or 4 days. In this case there was plenty of variety in the hot dishes and the constantly changing salad bar and freshly baked breads were very good indeed. No, it isn't going to win any Michelin stars, but for what you are paying it is absolutely fine. We did sneak off to Naama Bay for a couple of meals out later in the week.

The shuttle bus service is cheap and efficient but avoid the old market - a truly disgusting hell hole! Naama bay isn't much better, but there are a number of serviceable restaurants here if you tire of the hotel food.

Now onto the less positive stuff.

The hotel is very noisy, even when only half occupied as it is at the moment. There is nauseating piped music everywhere (think pan pipe renditions of all your favourite cheesy 80s classics!) which seems to be limited to about a dozen tracks on continual loop. The music at the main pool down by the beach is deafeningly loud and runs pretty much from dawn until dusk. We had a room close to this area and it did disturb any peace and quiet we might have otherwise had. The evening entertainment is also deafeningly loud and even though we were a fair way away from this area it was still disturbing when we were sitting out on our terrace in the evenings. It goes on until about 2am most nights, although once in our room the double glazing meant you couldn't really hear it, but I wouldn't have wanted to be in a room nearer to the central area - sleep would definitely have required earplugs!

We didn't sample the evening entertainment (not really our thing) but, given that we were able to hear it pretty well from our terrace (!) I would think you might not be that impressed unless Russian karaoke was your thing...

The hotel has a somewhat shabby feel to it, which is rather surprising given how new it is. It seems a bit like they've done 90% of the work towards making it really great and then given up - for example, wires hanging out of walls, lights missing, plaster chipped, 'old' fixtures and fittings (eg a clearly second hand bin and shower unit in our room), toilet paper and towels missing from bathroom facilities in common areas. It may well be that they will sort this out once the building work is completed (and it has to be said that the work going on is very unobtrusive and well hidden) but it is disappointing that they've opened without checking the small details which do make a difference when you are billing a place as 5*.

Finally, the Italian a la carte restaurant is truly dire. We sampled its delights the night before we came home, and left after the second course (as did another couple). There then followed some comedy moments when the catering manager summoned the new head chef (he'd only been there a week) who in turn, without telling me what he was doing, took me back down to the Italian restaurant to give my feedback to the staff there directly. I felt like Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmares! I got the sense that they weren't really used to complaints, as their response was pretty over the top. To be fair, the head chef offered to cook for us the following night and I did get the sense that he knew they had problems in the a la carte restaurants. So hopefully this will improve going forward.

The shop is expensive, but no more so than you would expect given that they have a captive market. Water and soft drinks are fairly cheap, but it's true, as other reviewers have said, that branded chocolate and snacks are very pricey.

So overall I would say this hotel is perfectly OK in the context of a cheap all inclusive deal and I'm sure they will iron out some of the problems we experienced given time. But 5* it ain't, and you need to have realistic expectations of what you will get at the lower middle end of the market. If you want the full 5* service, go to the Maldives and pay £3,000!

Had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member cuddly100

We have just got back from Rehana Resort staying 14 nights from 18th Jan to 1st Feb. Even though the resort is only half finished it does not affect your stay. The staff are fantastic and if give them the respect they deserve they will respond ten fold. The hotel is clean and there are always people about cleaning.

The entertainment is ok, a bit repetitive, but what you must remember is it is off peak and if you are up for a giggle then you will enjoy it.

I will say it is predominately russians that stay, as we were english we were in the minority, but as we are friendly people it did not make much of a difference...just meant when you found an english person you made sure you stuck with them!

In all me and my boyfriend enjoyed our time away and if you are prepared to give the place a chance you will not be too disapointed.

By the way, if you meet Ozzy the photographer he does great professional photos!

value for the price

by TripAdvisor Member fluffchick

Like everywhere this hotel has good and not so good points. If you are going for a relaxing sun soaking time and don't mind being a distance from night life I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. It's clean and areas of the hotel are pretty especially at night but it's certainly not luxurious. Lots of unfinished parts still, no spa here you have to use its' sister hotel across the road, although new bits emerging every day. The building work is very discreet, no noise or intrusion
We were a large group, all ages, some fussy fads with food among us but we all found something to eat at dining times. The snack bar was a bit hit and miss often running out of things and opening at different times. Things like ice cream, milkshakes you pay extra for. If you are holidaying with kids here and they want to buy chocolate and crisps i'd advise you to take some with you, the hotel shop is very expensive £10 for two small bars of chocolate, a tube of crisps and a pint of milk!!! Rip off! We did have a wander down the street to see if we could find a supermarket but no luck.
Lots of pools for the kids and plenty of sun beds to cater for everyone.
The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed the trips booked with the reps round the pool. The quad biking at sunrise was amazing...more fun than you can shake a stick at! If you are looking for adventure and want to be doing things everyday then i wouldn't recommend Nabq it would get very expensive. We like snorkelling and although there is a jetty to snorkel from it's not the same as seeing the coral in places like Ras Mohammed.
If you are less than able bodied I imagine the amount of steps could be a problem at times...70 steps to the dining room from the rooms nearer the beach! Sure they must have a lift but we didn't see it.
It's a pleasant hotel to stay in if all you want is to lay in the sun, wouldn't return again but that's more to do with Nabq than the hotel.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member DumfriesApache

The best bits-The staff very helpful Rooms large A/C very good Meals the breads
and sweet selection. but no ice-cream all week unless you paid for it .Diving at the
beach amazing the colours of the different fish
OK bits Russians were not to bad. Main meals will find something to eat but not 5 star
more like a spanish 3 star Meats usually chicken thighs,wings liver beef not bad but
always loads of rice if you like your chips twice in the week
Drinks Cocktails are good Vodie good as the loads of Russkies Beer always to warm
for myself In our week started with draught Sakara then onto bottled Stella then onto
bottled Luxor This was because owners are running out money to finish hotel
Tip waiter and he will put bottle in ice bucket for you but still will only serve it a glass
due wasteage to save money
Bad Bits-first couple of days snacks were to be had at pool bar then they moved this into
entertainment bar which is about 200yds away up about 50 steps .Loads of steps
everywhere not good if not mobile.Lobby bar no toilet 200yds away down 50 steps
Entertainment Dire they try but that is all you say Kids Disco for 20 mins then mostly
silly games wraping each other in toilet rolls One night a Russian Disco that is a
sight to see
If you like your late night snacks none unless you pay for them This not A/I also
no vending machines Nothing outside hotel so if you have kids be pepared as small
shop in hotel total ripoff
Many a time toilets never had any toilet paper or towels at any time of day so always
have a stash with you
Outside hotel 3 minute walk a shopping centre waste of time you just get pestered
all the time.On the walk ther stopped 4 times English Touts this place will be the next
Tenerife for timeshare the amount of building work that is going on.Just said nein danke
auf Wedersein they can speak Russian Italian but not German

Brilliant don't believe the bad reviews

by TripAdvisor Member CARO58

We have just returned from two weeks at this resort, it is a beautiful hotel in a great location, on the beach with amazing snorkelling off of a small private jetty The Staff were helpful polite and could not do enough for you. There are alot of Russian guests who are very rude and obnoxious but we let them get on with it and enjoyed ourselves without having any bother from them. The food is not the best but why go to Egypt if you expect Fish and Chips. There is always something for everybody to find to eat, and the Italian was very nice. The rooms were spacious, and clean and room boys very good at their job. The entertainment was a let down but we were quite happy to go to the reception bar which was very comfortable, and we enjoyed many an after dinner drink in there. The management are always open to ideas to improve and seem to take on advice you offer. I would recommend this holiday if you are looking for a relaxing sun break, not if you are looking for a party atmosphere every night, but if that is what you want its only 5 minutes to Nama Bay and you can party there all night.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rochpot

Even though this hotel is still being finished it is top quality and we had a lovely stay, staff most helpful very high standard of food.
The whole area is very friendly and we would recommend a holiday there.

I just want people going to the area that there is a downside if your 30 and a couple, there are people selling you travel memberships (once it was time share) which cost a lot of money and are not for everyone be warned no going back if you sign up to it. There are 2 ways of getting put into this via the welcome meeting someone asking you to visit another hotel to promote Eygpt or being stopped on the street saying again a promotion for the area and you will be given raffle tickets saying you have won a prize you just need to go with them to claim it. Please be aware!

Jumping in the red seaJumping in the red sea

Dynamic fish sceneDynamic fish scene

Evervess local tonic waterEvervess local tonic water

Old MarketOld Market

by markbwyr

Hi, I will be going there for last 2 weeks in August. I just wondered if anybody had stayed there or heard anything about the hotel? The hotel has only just opened so there arent any reviews or many pictures about. I think it is located in Nabq Bay. Thx.

Re: Rehana Royal Beach Resort

by Stevo68

millions of reviews on the net...
holiday watchdog or tripadviser..

loads bad.. loads good

i've booked 2 weeks in Jnauary

Re: Rehana Royal Beach Resort

by markbwyr

I think you must be thinking of the Rehana Sharm Resort. They are in the same chain but 2 seperate hotels. I am quite nervous because one other person on another forum says that the Rehana Royal still hasnt opened yet and I am going on Monday, so I hope it is fully built otherwise they will have to put me somewhere else.

Comments