7 km North of Sharm Airport, Sharm El Sheikh, 1111, Egypt
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Rehana Sharm Resort

Hot ... but miles from anywhere!

by TripAdvisor Member lovethesun099

My friend and I have just returned from a week's stay in the Rehana Sharm Resort Hotel.
After arriving at 2.30am we were directed to a temporary room and told ours would be ready the next day. Yes it was 3 pm next day - so 24 hrs before we unpacked. This happened to quite a few holidaymakers. Because we hadn't stated 2 single rooms when booking (it's usual to have single beds abroad) we were given a choice of 3 rooms - all with king-size beds! Eventually we got them to put a single bed in the room as well.

The five star rating isn't on par with a five-star in England or Europe.
Plenty of food at the hotel and plenty of choice - but the food was never hot.
Restaurant waiters extremely helpful and so were the waiters at the poolside bar although they were both under-staffed with lots of people queueing for drinks and only one person serving drinks.
Animation team - crap! Do not expect any entertainment - you have to make your own!!!
Weather was brilliant but the hotel was too far away from anywhere. A taxi into Namh Bay was 50 Egyptian pounds (after haggling) but be prepared to pay more. Taxi ride was 20mins easily.
1 week was enough - wouldn't have wanted to be at this particular place for 2 weeks.

Ann

great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member buddyLanarkshire

Stayed at the Rehana for 10 days. Had a great time. Staff were very friendl and helpful. Lay out of Hotel great. Swimming pools were clean. Rooms were cleaned every day. Beach towels are supplied so there is no need to take your own. Being a fussy eater i thought i may have problems eating but the food was fine, there was always something on the menu i could eat. I will be returning to the Rehana again (hopefully this year). All in all we had a great time and can not fault the Hotel in any way.

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member bevcass

10 of us went to this hotel and i can only say 1thing....it was great.
the staff are great..most of them work 14 hours a day and 7 days a week..so please don,t be like the russians and be rude to them. they will do any thing they can to help you. the food was ok, just remember your not in england, kids will like the snack bar, hot dogs,burgers and fries every day plus pancakes, yes there is plastic glasses around the pool but lets be fair it is around the pool and i think i would pref plastic glasses to my kids treading on glass. the glasses are washed in a dishwasher but are rinsed under the tap to cool them down. the pool was allways being cleaned and all 8 (yes 8,) were really nice,(1)our 1 had a swim up bar and seats in the water and a jacuzzi not heated but warm enough,(2) kids pool next to it,(3) large pool with the two slides , heated ,(4) a small pool on the side,(5) kids pool next to it,(6) next 1 was the lazy river again a large pool, (middle pool bar here, which we could use,after that you go into the other hotel which you have to pay for food or drinks) that applys to that hotel as well, they have to pay at our hotel,(7) the other hotels pool (which we can use) with another swim up bar (8) a kids pool next to it.Plenty of towels and sun beds around the pools. the rooms were very clean, clean towels every day,walk in shower, the new tunnel is finished but because they are building a new hotel acrosss the rd, they have not opened it yet so you will have to walk to the prima hotel, cross the rd and follow the path down to the beach, our beach bar is on the left when you get there, then you go down some more steps, our jetty is the 2nd on the left and yes you can walk to it along the beach, would not bother for just sitting but snorkelling was fabulous. Some people have moaned about the beach but the one you walk to is only a temp beach, shared with another hotel, The Rehana beach will be the one with the jetty, they are building Rehana 3 and even so some say its a building site...there will be a nice beach, a fish restaurant and a bar on it, was told it should be open in august or september.please don,t walk across the coral like some people do, use the jetty.
Boat trips are a must at this location, use the dive centre (Aquamarine) at the prima to book them, they are much cheaper than the rep, safe and well organised by a team of qualified divers so they know where to go for the best snorkelling and diving.You should have a rep for them come round the pool named (Jimmy) he can book any trip for you at reasonable prices.
The entertainment staff are ok, plenty of daytime activities, pool aerobics, table tennis, darts, volleyball, waterpolo etc.In the evening there is entertainment every night, some is good some not so, all hotels in Egypt are pretty low key at night.There is a 24 hour bar if you want it and a disco, not much outside the hotel but Nabq does have a couple of centres nearby 5 min taxi or there is always Naama bay which is very lively.
To finish off this reveiw, all i want to add is have a great holiday and don,t bother looking at the bad reveiws, make your own mind up about it

A better experience than expected

by TripAdvisor Member sibs

Having read a number of (predominantly negative) reviews before travelling I arrived at the hotel with some degree of trepidation. The reception staff did little to allay my anxiety. 3 rooms had been booked and paid for but the hotel were expecting a 2-room party so there was a little "huffing and puffing" whilst an extra room was found.

Things improved once we had been processed by reception. The rooms we were allocated were clean and spacious. Additional beds were needed in 2 of the rooms and these were quickly delivered and made up.

The hotel is not on the beach and it is a good 10-15 minute walk (crossing a busy road) to the beach and the hotel's jetty. This was not a problem in the cooler December weather but might feel a lot further in the hot summer months.

The good things:
~ the staff were friendly and for the most part efficient
~service in the main restaurant was excellent
~a couple of minor repairs that were needed were attended to very promptly
~the beds were fantasticaly comfortable
~there were plenty of sunbeds, even tho' lots of people from the adjacent sister hotel came over to our pool because it was the heated one
~after checking out we were allowed to continue getting drinks and food and use of the pool towels even tho' the hotel clearly states that the all inclusive ends at 12 noon on departure day
~the taxi service that operates from the hotel is good
~there was always fresh fruit (by the bucketful) at every meal

The not quite so good things:
~the buffet food becomes monotonous very quickly (but no more so than any other AI hotel I've stayed in in Egypt
~the majority of staff speak little english (and the rest seemingly
none at all) so communication is sometimes challenging
~the majority of the guests are of Eastern European origin (former Soviet Union countries) and they seemed unfamiliar with the concept of queueing for the cooked to order food and with putting their rubbish in the bins around the pool side

Overall I had a lovely stay at the Rehana. It was far better than I had expected from the reviews and every bit as good as other good hotels I've stayed at in Sharm.

DON'T GO !!!

by TripAdvisor Member PinkLadyYorkshire

I can stress this enough- please don't book to go here. I've just returned after spending new year their- it was terrible. I'm curently off work with food poisioning.

We arrived to find that no transfer to the hotel was avaliable as we were delayed- even though this was included in the holiday. We had to sort out a taxi- you shouldn't pay more than £5.00 - even though they will try to charge you £40.00!! Also you don't need a visa if your'e not leaving Sharm- we were told by a lovely egyptian guy that we needed one!! They cost £15.00- pointless to pay if you're not leaving sharm!!

We arrived at the hotel- it looked like Blackpool illiuminations!! Lots and lots of flashing lights!!

we were taken to our room which was nice- probley not 5* but nice view and clean etc.

The food was horrible....

Buffet: Same food served daily, just reheated etc.
BBQ restaurant not open-only open in high season...the hotel was full and l thought egypt was a year round resort.
Fish / Italian restaurnant- rolled into one due to it being low season. We had to book 3 days in advance- limited menu- pizza was nice- desert was a fruit salad- l had -had this for my breakfast that day!!YUCK!!!
The fish restaurant is also here-its fish & chips-just what you want in a 5* hotel. Their is only about 10 tabels in this restaurant.

Lots and Lots of Russians- they love it as they are really greedy and pile their plates up etc!!.

Drinks served in plastic glasses and huge measures. No makes of drinks you have heared of...you have to pay extra if you want a branded beer and they won't give you the bottle- its pored into a glass which is still warm from the dish washer- if you want the bottle you pay.

I'm really dissapointed with my holiday and pissed off about the amount of moneY l wasted going their!! If you want 5* DON'T GO TO REHANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good value for 3 stars

by TripAdvisor Member susan34

We booked through On the Beach online. Hotel is said to be 5 star and new this year but other reviews said opened longer than this. The Wings tours operator and general manager both agreed opened July 2007, first guest August 2007 and were really annoyed at independent reports that hotel is five years old. The furnishings do not look new but are clean. My first time in Sharm itself but companion has been three times now and felt this hotel was about the same as others visited. It does not feel like a 5 star European standard, more like a 3 star. We paid £129 all inclusive each for a week. Food was bland but plentiful. Service was reasonable, others paid tips at beginning of the week and got poolside service. Tips early on do get better service, eg a table waiting in the restaurant, drinks replenished without asking. Otherwise slower service and the Russian guests do not queue. It was quieter when we were there, at busy times this would be frustrating.

Facilities are good but the 8 pools are shared between both hotels. After complaints the pool water was heated and then much better. Plenty of loungers and mattresses, towels provided.Slow service at pool bar.

Rooms were a good size, cleaned daily and the towel animals were a nice touch. Water bottles provided in the room and then refilled from coolers, unknown what water this is. I have had an upset stomach most of the holiday but friend was fine.

Spa was noisy, the relaxing back massage was not so professional. Had to undress in front of young man and no wind down after 30 mins massage, straight up again which defeats the object. £16 for 30 mins but massage itself was fine. I was very sore after wards as pushed spine even though said I had a back problem. I have had massages in rainforest in Australia, this was a cheaper alternative.

The beach is nearby, walkable by crossing the road. The cool tunnel and new hotel are still being completed on the beach side of the road. The coral is wonderful, off the jetty is fine, a drop off of over 100 foot and lovely fish. tThe beach also has coral at knee depth but you need water shoes to walk more easily. Fish and clams opening up just six inches below you, a wonderful experience. We also walked around Nubian Village which is on the beach itself and looks like a nicer hotel.

Overall a good value 3 star but the food is not very varied. the salad bar was well used but neither of us ate it as avoid such on hols. The sweets looked nice but were bland and I have had so much better at 5 star in Luxor and Cairo and Nile cruise. This was a last minute holiday for £217 flight and £129 food so was good for the price.

On the Beach said no transfers to hotel as booked online. Wings Tours at airport and hotel said free transfer to avoid being ripped off on arrival and took us no problem and no cost. Others paid £12 and £20 to same hotel 5 mins from airport. On the way back paid £5, 5o Egyptian pounds, by getting taxi outside of hotel. Booked in hotel the written cost is 80 Egyptian pounds but down to 55 when said we had already booked elsewhere. Airport queues were long on departure, cases xrayed twice. Wings said get there 2 and a half hour before flight. Hall was full to capacity so needed most of this time especially if shopping in duty free shops which were quite good. Terminal 2 opened in 2007.

We did not use the facilites at Prima Life next door as had to pay for drinks there. OK to use the heated pool if you wanted to. Grounds were well laid out and all being tidied up as a Minister was visiting on the day we left. The manager was annoyed at the complaints and was trying to remedy matters. He was aware of the dirty glasses and said machines being installed. This in a new hotel? Glasses did appear to be cleaned better in restaurant but not at pool bar, still under tap.

For a quick week in the sun this hotel was fine, better than I expected given the other reviews seen. You get what you pay for and other colleagues have been to the Movenpick and Jolieville for a much better hotel but paid alot more too. Other guests ate out in Naama Bay for better quality food.

NOT AS BAD AS THE REVIEWS ..... BUT ......

by TripAdvisor Member LisaFreeman

We booked a week at this hotel before the reviews had come out, so I was really worried about it when I read all the very bad reviews. I have been to The Red Sea twice before so I knew what to expect ( the food is the same pretty much everywhere - if you want good food don't go to The Red Sea ) and this was by far the worst hotel I have stopped at.

The good points : Extremely nice rooms. Bathroom very well laid out with walk in shower and beds were very comfortable. We paid to keep our room on ( £25 ) until 6pm on the last day, but from 4pm we were hassled by staff to get out which annoyed us. The pool, sun bathing and general hotel areas are very good and clean. The pools are especially nice, but very noisy ; loud thumping music when you are trying to relax . Trying to move away from it doesn't really work as they have speakers everywhere. This is NOT a new hotel, it is just under new management. They are building a new hotel over the road, near the sea front. Sunbeds are good quality and comfortable and we didn't have problem getting any, although I would imagine in peak season this could be very tricky.

The bad points: The food was the worst thing. Every meal was stone cold. The hotplates didn't keep the food warm, so everything in the buffet at night was cold. We thought we would be OK one night when we saw a waiter bring a new tray of chicken out of the kitchen, but this also turned out to be cold. We got round it by going to the 3 other restaurants they have, but we still had to eat in their main resturant for 3 nights which was really awful. I don't know if they have done anything about this now. We didn't have a lot to do with the staff, but the room cleaners were extremely polite once they realised we were not Russian. The reception staff pretend to not understand you, then give you wrong prices and information, so if you need to know anything ask a holiday rep. The beach was dreadful and somewhat misrepresented; it is quite a distance away from the hotel down a high number of very steep steps, and is really ugly once you get there. The jetty for snorkeling off is not great either; the "reef" would only impress you if you had never seen one before. There were very few fish, and you have abuse shouted at you for no reason by a bloke standing on the jetty claiming to be protecting the coral. If you want to snorkel go out to the real reefs on a day trip; this is well worth the money and the fish are lovely. The tunnel they claim to be building is non-existent. The bars are not very sensibly located, and you have to wait an awful long time to get a drink; the staff will serve any paying customer before you. Being served drinks in stupid baby plastic cups is really pathetic, however if you go down to the other bars at the Prima hotel you are not treated quite so badly.

I would never go back to this hotel, as it was very disapointing, and would certainly not recommend it to others. It is not in any way a 5 star; a 3 star is more realistic, but it still needs a lot of work.

We were told whilst still in the plane that we must buy a visa to enter the country - this is not true. If you are planning on a quiet holiday stopping in your resort ( ie; no travelling to Cairo etc.). then at the visa desk ask for " Sinai only " which is a free visa stamped into your passport which allows you to travel in Sinai only. You must get this stamp to pass through customs, so you do still need to queue up. If you ask anyone in the airport for advice you will be told you must buy a visa; I managed to stop a couple before they did, by giving them the right information, which upset the travel rep. as they have obviously been told to get as many visitors as possible to buy unnecessary visas.

great hotel,goback again

Pools - 5
Service - 4
Beach - 4
Housekeeping and cleanliness - 5

next year i,ll back again

Change your hotel now!!!

by TripAdvisor Member terriHome

Had read terrible reviews of this hotel after we booked but wasnt too worried. There was just myself and my husband on this trip so thought we could easily make the best of it if there was problems.Have travelled widely and never had a bad holiday so are certainly not very fussy. When we arrived was quite pleased with resort as swimming pools looked nice and room was large and reasonably clean. However the next day the problems became apparant! The staff at this hotel are mostly great and very eager to please but apart from this there is not much to praise. The food was appaling ,not so much what they served although it wasnt good quality, but the hygiene side of it.Raw and cooked meats side by side,chef (and I use that word loosley!) proding raw meat to see if its thawed then grabbing handfulls of salad. Fish and shellfish served with one side raw and almost everything served luke warm. I could go on and on. I decided I could do with losing a few pounds so was still trying to be positive and thought I would eat very littlebut have a drink instead! Pool bar shuts at 10pm and has only seats for about 20max and all drinks served in tiny plastic cups.All spirits/wine local brand with no facility to buy anything else. Tasted foul and even one or two resulted in violent headache. After 10pm had to use inside bar which is just like scruffy cafe. Entertainment really bad mostly in russian and usually involved getting holidaymakers to humiliate themselves. So far cant eat and cant drink anything other than sprite or coke ( water not bottled although they will tell you it is )After 3 days approached courier and he arranged to move us to another hotel. At this point met with manager and he was very sweet and agreed that things were not great but could not really understand why we were upset as "the russians enjoy the food and drink" which indeed they did in HUGE quantities. I think the russians have only just started to holiday abroad and to put it kindly are not overlly fussy about anything!!!!!
For all this the weather was beautiful and most staff nice but I would urge you to pay more and go elsewhere if you want to eat or drink anything and you want something to do at night. This hotel is cab ride away from everything so you have no opptions to walk anywhere.We went stir crazy in 3 days but must be much worse if you have children with you. I would hate anyone to waste their holiday going here because you will come home regretting it.

food

by TripAdvisor Member suco

food
enjoyed our holiday food was luke warm and british standards are not followed in the dining room eg no tongs for bread rolls but a cloth provideed for loaves . pool snack bar we avoided hamburghers and hot dogs as the chef wears plastic gloves to serve and cook eg cutting and filling rolls with salad and preparing burghers for grill . there are 26 desserts for breakfast lunch and dinner fresh fruit bowls of yoghurt ! flys about salad bar quite good 1 cooking station where pasta and stir frys or eggs can be cooked for you plenty of nescafe nonly full cream milk! tea ok fresh orange charged for popcorn and candy floss at pool snack bar
rooms

our room was kept clean towels everyday changed

pools very nice safe for children with a swim up bar

area it costs £5 english money to get to nama bay by taxi but hotel has a shuttle bus for £1-50 each way

staff are very nice and appriciate a tip as they earn £35 per month

good tip give pool boys a fiver and they look after your towel card and put them out every day for you reserving your bed!
all in all i would not go back to this hotel because it is egyptian run and is i would say a 3 star in our standards iff you want 5 star book baron palms or joille ville or hilton etc i was worried about reviws i read but just made the best of it after all you are in their country anf the people are very nice ps the oriental restaurant was the best out of the 2 and you have to pay extra if you want to go to the fish one italian ok but not anything special

Just getting readyJust getting ready

Long Fistularia looks like thin crocodileLong Fistularia looks like thin crocodile

Scweppes made in EgyptScweppes made in Egypt

"Broccoli" of the Red Sea (Nabq National Park)"Broccoli" of the Red Sea (Nabq National Park)

sharm airport transfer

by helzbelz99

Im visiting Sharm El Sheikh next on Sunday but Airport transfers are not included to my hotel, i have found a company called "charm of Sharm" who offer a return transfer for two people for £27
Is this a reasonable price or can i get a taxi for cheaper when i get there? I am staying in the Rehana Sharm resort next to Prima Life but also i have no idea how much i should be paying for this journey! if anybody has any ideas id be very grateful!

Comments