Savoy-Sharm El Sheikh

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Savoy Sharm

The rooms were spacious and clean,it has a mini bar that you can fill it with your own drinks.
    There were maybe 3 or 4 swimming pools,,as well as a nice beach front.
    The hotel has few resturants of it's own,but not actually in the same building of the hotel, only few meters across the hotel main gate.The staff are very friendly and they have a really nice spa..
    ( personally loved the Egyptian massage).

The only thing I did not like about this hotel,that it has many stairs to go from one room to another,the elevators don't access all floors.a bit of a hassle if you are on a wheel chair or have a baby's stroller.
    other than that,we loved our stay here.

Unique Quality: We got the deal for bed & breakfast which was really good.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Winter Wonderland

We arrived on December 29th and as our car approached the hotel we were immediately swept into a magical Winter wonderland. The driveway was lined with red poinsettias, the hotel was bedecked with twinkling white Christmas lights, and a huge tree graced the pristine marble lobby.

Checkin was immediate, and we were greeted with cooling drinks and a pretty female Santa Clause serving tiny biscuits.

Our room was comfortably furnished. In my opinion the best part of the room was the very large balcony which was more than well furnished with a table, two wicker chairs and a large sofa, all with cushions. We had a room in the Rose wing with a spectacular view of the pools and the sea.

There are five restaurants in this hotel, and all were open every day. In addition to this several of the bars also serve food, and all food was delicious and well presented. There are a number of bars and a disco which stays open till 4am.

The hotel boasts 3 main pools, plus 2 in the Royal Savoy section, and a private pool for each of the hotels villas. The middle main pool became very crowded and this could be unpleasant. There is also a good stretch of private beach and a jetty stretching out over the coral where the multicoloured fish swim around you in every direction. Naturally the hotel boasts its own diving school and a wealth of other activities.

There is a full animation team with a wide range of activities, and great attention is given to children at the kids club.

The downside for me was that the shower is in the bath, with one of those nasty plastic curtains that cling to your skin when you shower. In my opinion all 5 star hotels should have seperate showers and baths!!

Unique Quality: The one thing that makes this hotel stand out above others is its staff. They are friendly and helpful beyond the norm and this was perhaps the outstanding feature that will bring us back to this hotel again and again.

Directions: Three miles from the airport, situated in the Ras mohammad National Park on White Knight beach.

More about Savoy-Sharm El Sheikh

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member Lindzrs

We have just returned from a wonderful week staying at the Savoy. The staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly, the food was excellent especially the Italian. The pools were fabulous with lifeguards on duty at all times and lovely waiter service from the Rocky Pool bar. It is a restful and peaceful location for those who want to chill out and de-stress. The beach is not suitable for children as access to the sea is via a jetty into very deep water and there is very little for them to do if they are past the kids club stage. I would certainly stay at the Savoy again but perhaps not during peak season as the pools could get a little crowded - for some winter sun and relaxation it was ideal.

Beautiful Hotel

We booked this holiday through 'The Holiday Place' and were told that we did not need to pay a supplement for a pool view room as every room in the hotel had one...this I can tell you is not true, we ended up paying £60 extra for a room overlooking the pool but we didn't mind too much once we saw the view we'd have. We thought the Savoy was beautiful, the rooms are not five star but they are more than comfortable but its the pools, the restaurants and the view of Tiran island that make it gorgeous to sit and relax in. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and I recommend the Swedish massage in the Wellbeing spa, just what was needed to really relax into the week ahead. We actually only left the hotel once in the entire week as we found we had everything we needed within the hotel complex. We particularly liked Seafood Island for chargrilled prawns at lunchtime and then Morgana the french restaurant for the fillet steak. The eyptian wine takes a little getting used to but it seems to get better the more you drink!?

We only have one complaint about this hotel and thats a phonecall we received to our room at 4am in the morning on the second night. I answered the phone and was asked by the caller if I had a boyfriend and before having chance to respond was then told by the gentlemen that he wanted to come and have sex with me!! Having suffered this kind of crap in a 3* hotel in Turkey many years ago I certainly did not expect to find this happening in the Savoy. It was no doubt a member of staff who was bored on the night shift but thats no excuse..we dealt with it by unplugging the phone each evening, simple.

Overall we had a nice time and would return to this hotel.

Beautiful Hotel But Not Great for Children

by TripAdvisor Member Nicky0708

We have just returned from a two week holiday at the Savoy in Egypt. The hotel is beautiful with fantastic staff who cannot do enough to please you. They made so much of a fuss of our 2 young children everywhere we went. The hotel room was overlooking a pool and was very spacious and with a 4 year old and a 1 year old baby we had plently of space. The food was fantastic and even room service was very good.

The only negative about this hotel is that there are not many english people, but mostly Russian. This would not have been a problem should we not of had children but the hotel run Kids club "Scooby Doo" was too run by russian people who communicated only in russian, as my daughter was the only english child there, this made her feel very left out. My daughter went to the childrens club on our first day and was happy to stay there on her own. We kept popping back to see how she was and after just an hour she wanted to come out. She said (her exact words) " Nobody played with me because all the ladies were playing with all of the other children but nobody had time to play with me so I just played on my own"!!

Every evening there was a childrens disco which my 4 year old loved. At the end of the disco they would play a game, which was explained to all of the children in russian and not english, so when my daughter was called forward to take her turn she had no idea how to play any of the games because nothing was explained in English to her.

After our 3rd day I complained to our "Thomas Cook" rep about this and he agreed that the resort was prodomanantly Russian but agreed to inform the management. The Entertainment Manager was great and briefed his staff the following day, explaining that they must communicate in English too. After this they did explain the games to my daughter in English, but she never went into the club on her own again because she felt too left out, so my husband and myself had to stay with her.

In conclusion i would recommend this hotel to couples or families with older children but I would most definately not recommend their hotel run kids club, unless of course you are Russian.

by TripAdvisor Member marcel dam

Excellent hotel, nice clean spacious rooms with big balcony. hulpfull, attentive, friendly staff. fine service. good food. perfect swimming pools. near to the airport but no noise problems. very good health spa. perfect coral reef at the private beach of the hotel. very good service with a very personal touch from the cleaners up till the management. They really took care of us here and made sure we had a second honeymoon to remebmer. A lot of russian and italian guest, but not ill behaved also a good number of brits, germans, belgians and dutch. truly a place to relax

wonderful holiday

by TripAdvisor Member criticaleyes

we booked this holiday on the internet at a cost of £480 per person for a week half board.

we decided to pay the extra £80 per person to stay in the royal Savoy section of the hotel. this was well worth it, benefits of the royal savoy were

1. we had free drinks served to us all day by the pool.
2. we had fruit and cold flannels brought out regularly
3. free use of the health club
4. use of the royal lounge all day (an air conditioned haven away from everyone else, with lots of hor d'ouves )
5. when telling staff you were royal savoy they seemed to be a lot nicer to you! our towles were laid out on loungers next to the royal savoys 2 private pools each morning.
6. free alcoholic drinks between 6 - 8

the hotel was virtually empty as we stayed first week of july which was definatly a bonus.

half board meant we could only eat at one restaurant for dinner, but the restaurant had differnt themed nights e.g cafe de paris, butcher night, seafood night, tex mex night and asian night.

these were all buffet style and the food was a bit samey, but you could always find something to satasfy you.

the staff in the buffet restauant were excellant especially if you tip them, we allowed about 5-10 quid a day in tips for all staff around hotel, and found we were treated like kings. unlike the rude russians who dont even acknoledge staff or say pleases and thank yous. english people are well liked amongst the staff.

we only ate at one other restaurant because we didnt want to spend too much money! the pools were beautiful and were cleaned daily infact there were so many staff (more than guests) just constantly cleaning the place. the beach was very nice and we were grateful after looking at the next door hotels beach as they were squashed together on there loungers like sardines (sunrise hotel!) staff were attentive on beach too, offering you drinks to buy. snorkelling was lovely with loads of cool fish and coral to see our snorkelling area was massive compared to the other hotels area.

our room was cleaned well each day, (except i found a toe nail clipping near our bed that did not belong to my husband or myself ((no hoovering, just mopping)) )

nether the less i was very pleased with the way the room was done each day and blokey even went to the trouble of laying on exquisite towel oregami! and lots of flower petals everywhere, clothes were folded up neatly and our bed although a little hard was king size and four posted, beautiful room though

the air conditioning was very noisy, would suggest moving some cieling boards and whacking it with your snorkel to avoid electricution! never enjoyed a holiday so much had a honeymoon in crete last year over 5 grand, this was better.

Fantastic Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Sphinxy

From the moment we arrived we knew we had chosen a fab place to stay. The staff couldn't have been nicer, so friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was clean and scenery amazing. The Red Sea just on your doorstep, snorkling is a must as many fish to see. Just some tips for outside the hotel. Be aware of the luggage helpers outside the airport when you arrive and depart they will gladly help with bags but then expect money. Also when you go to a female public toilet a lady will be inside assisting with giving you toilet roll and turning on the tap for you she too will expect money. We went on a day trip to Cairo which was pricey but was well worth it. We will definately return to the Savoy.

Sharm el sheikh & cairo Egypt September 2006

by TONY786

"savoy hotel sharm el sheikh"

I stayed in this excellent hotel in september 2006 paid £2500 for a week bed and breakfast for 3 adults one child. Bit expensive but loved the place,pools great and restaurants excellent

"white knight beach"

savoy had a great beach attached to it with a jetty that you could snorkle off, easy to hire flippers and masks but no lifeguard about and the sea activities very risky.
I had a trip with my 5 yar old pictured he cannot swim but we both had life jackets on and were towed behind a speedboat on a inflatable doghnut i told the driver of the boat nice and slow and he started to show off with the thing being pulled under water and my sun screaming in terror as i frantcally grabbed for him he apologised and begged i didnt tell his boss but it was the most frightened i have ever been and i honestly thought my little boy was a gonner, picture in next was the one wife took of us as we rode off before the incident

"AVOID the water sports with little ones"

As above I was towed out and nearly lost my 5 year old to a stupid employee, spiled the trip this was our first day and we never went near the sea again

Savoy -sharm el sheikh

by TONY786

I will be staying at the Savoy for a week in September with my family I need recommendations for:-

Best places to eat

local markets (not tourist types local goods)

Beaches at the white knight beach at the Savoy, is it any good?? is it expensive at Sharm compared to the U.K. many thanks Tony

Comments