Sol Verginia

solopes's Profile Photo

Acceptable

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 9, 2011

We were a large group, and came with very different ideas. Some of my friends found the hotel awful, with bugs in the rooms, lousy food and the all-inclusive basis only a metaphor to say full board, complemented with the chance to drink the poison that they call "local drinks", presented in three different bottles supposed to have whisky, gin or rum, but all of them having the same... that!

I don't totally agree - I had a good room without bugs, the food was poor as expected in four stars in Africa, and the poison, mixed with the occidental poisons called Coca-Cola, Fanta or Sprite, something not fatal.

The beach is far to walk, close using the free shuttle, that runs only four or five times a day. There's a bar, but the all-inclusive doesn't go so far, so the water is charged at touristy prices.

Back to the hotel, the pool is good, and the animation team is amusing.

NilePrincess's Profile Photo

A Hidden Gem

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 21, 2009

I was very wary about booking this hotel based on the ratings on another website but I was very pleasantly surprised.

The low white washed buildings gleam as you pull up infront of them and reception is cosy with a bar to the right. The rooms are HUGE. I had 2 beds and much more room than I knew what to do with. The mini bar was empty so I just used it as a refrigerator to store my own wine and water. The bathroom needs a bit of re-grouting but it was spotless and the high pressure shower and HOT water were heavenly. I ducked into another room while it was being cleaned and that bathroom was more updated than mine, so maybe they are in the process of updating.

I had a love/hate relationship with my room. The buildings are two-story-bungalow style which gives the complex a very intimate feel. My room was on the ground floor of one of buildings near the pool, which gave me a great view of the pool, the entertainment and the dancing. The downside was that everyone having a drink on the terrace or walking by my building could see straight into my room. I had to keep my curtains closed 80% of the time and the drapes are heavy so I felt a bit imprisoned. Sitting on the balcony was lovely though so I stuck with it.

The pool is fantastic, and there's lots going on. I observed the water-robics at 11am everyday and it looked like fun. The music was really good but not intrusively loud. It was kept to a reasonable volume and they played a good mix of music. I paid 100LE to get onto Terrazina Beach and the DJ at the hotel was a thousand times better! Music ended at midnight, which I thought was considerate.

The hotel beach is down an off-putting dirt road in the middle of a construction site but don't be discouraged. The beach itself is good, with a bar.

Television wise, there are only two English channels available, but a Russian soap opera had subtitles and I found myself caught up in it for the 3 days I was there. :-) Otherwise, there's BBC News and one other.

There's no internet cafe. There is one computer that they let you use and on the last day someone locked it with a password and reception didn't have it. I'm guessing there's wifi.

Did not have any food here, not even breakfast, so I can't comment on the meals. Room service is available but I didn't see a menu. I did use the laundry service to press two pairs of pants and they had them back to me in 5mins and did a flawless job. Not bad for 5LE each.

Overall, I think Sol Verginia is really good value for money if you're on a budget. Booking through Expedia I got a 10min massage but I didn't use it. The hotel is extremely clean, well situated and the brightest one on that street. I will definitely be back.

Unique Quality: Great Pool. Good location. Fun.

Nearby Sol Verginia

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Sharm El Sheikh Travel Forum

Need advice about Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Sharm El Sheikh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sharm El Sheikh hotel reviews

Public Beach
Palmanova
It is raining in Sharm El Sheikh
Off The Beaten Path
Brilliant restaurant in Hadaba.
Big Mall