Sultans Gardens Resort

Shark's Bay, (formerly Holiday Inn Sultan Gardens), Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 111, Egypt

Sultan Gardens Resort
Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• VikingHarald's Profile Photo

TO FEEL RED SEA AND ENJOY HOLIDAY IN EGYPT

The Sultans Gardens hotel locate near Sharm El Sheik´s Airport (about 15 minutes drove) and hotel has own beach to Read Sea.
    Outstanding facilities to this hotel are excellent. Hotel has also several pools which some of them are warmed during winter time...this was one of my point I accepted this hotel when my local travel agent was booked me to wrong hotel in my short winter broke in Sharm.
    This is hotel where I got service during my December 2007 one week holiday well and I would go there again to take more pics from underwater world of breathtaking amazing world of Red Sea.
    I again underline that the Sultans has own beach where also service work well.

Unique Quality: # pools was well cleaned and the water was analyzed
    # The rooms was well furniture and tides
    # view from room was to Red Sea
    # the noise of yets wasn´t disturbed
    # the best theme at hotel dinner was with my opinion Italian dinner (buffet All Incl.)
    # snacks service was also good and worked
    # to drinks service (all inclusive) has some direct to do with local alcohol beverage

The mostly when I was here during winter time and only one week I would say :
    "I would recommend this hotel to my friends".

Directions: about 15 minutes by car from airport of Sinai

• Mostly Italian guests

The Holiday Inn Amphoras Resort is a 4* Hotel catering mainly for Italian guests. My husband and I were there for a week in early May, and were told by the Reception staff that the clientel is approx 70% Italian, 20% Russian and the other 10% split between Polish, Baltics, Germans and British. The food is certainly not geared towards the British, and although my husband usually found something to eat, I lost 3lbs over the week. So, all in all..... a success! Every cloud has a silver lining and all that. Seriously though, Breakfast was ok, cereals, toast, salads etc. No eggs, bacon etc though so be prepared for a more healthy start to the day. Evening meal was mainly stewy type foods and salads. No chips or fresh vegetables though.

Unique Quality: If you're perfectly happy having a break from our English diet, and the sound of other English folk, the Hotel itself is really very nice. The rooms are spacious and all overlook the Red Sea or one of the 6 Pools. The staff are lovely and so friendly and helpful. They seem to love the English people, and can't do enough for you. There's a small private beach, but always plenty of sunbeds available, and the snorkelling is absolutely fabulous. I would say personally that I would not go back there, mainly because I probably missed chips and fresh vegetables, and also I like the sound of a least a few other English folk around, but if you can overlook my little foible, you could have a really wonderful holiday here, as the Hotel itself, the staff, the wonderful pools and private beach are truly amazing.

• One to avoid

Visited Sharm between the 29th of March and 12th of April 2006
    On first impression, the complex seemed excellent. Got off at Sharm Airport, were out of the airport within 30 minutes, the Hotel driver was waiting to pick us up(3 kids, the missus and I). Got to the hotel, very efficient check in.
    Excellent 2 bed suite, everythig worked perfectly, excellent view from the balcony of the 2 main pools and the sea.
    The resort has 4 pools, however, only 1 is supposedly heated, everytime the temperature touched 28 degrees, the hotel decided to turn the heating in the pool off, result-very hot to stay out and freezing in the water. Repeated complaints to the management did not rectify this, who insisted that the water was fine or the heating will be put on etc. etc.
    Another major irritant-from 10 AM till 6 PM, loud, blaring music at the pool and the beach, if your idea of relaxation is to lie in the sun at the pool or the beach and not listen to the same very loud music hour after hour, then give Hoiliday Inn a miss.
    Last problem-The hotel does not let you bring any food or drink(mineral water, milk for kids, snacks for kids-all to be eaten/drunk in the room), the security guard will stop and poke through all the bags you are carrying-very irritating, happened every night when we returned from a meal from town. An argument would follow with the security guard, who can barely speak English, I would have to call the Duty Manager and insist about taking my things inside and tell him/her that we would not be dictated to. Eventually, they would let us take our things inside, but you have to be firm and put your foot down.
    Apart from this, the resort was good, the diving center was brilliant, especially Tiziana, the scuba diving instructor, staff overall were good and helpful(well, only if you gave them a tip), the room attendant was brilliant, making amazing gigures out of towels.
    Overall, not at all a relaxing place and would not return to Holiday Inn, even though I am planning to return to SSH over next Easter

Unique Quality: Good, clean suite with 2 bedrooms, ample for 5 of us-3 kids and 2 adults.
    Lovely, well maintained grounds and 4 swimming pools.

• Sharm El'Sheikh is great

We have stayed in this hotel in Feb. of 2004. We were very pleased as the hotel is quite large, but you still feel relaxed and there's much attention to each guest. The hotel staff was friendly, especially the cleaning person. We tipped him $1, and were getting flowers on our beds, scents, etc. every day out of our 7-day stay!
    The only downside of the hotel (as of most in Sharm, actually) is the food. It was very bad. So I'd suggest to people taking bed and breakfast and going out to Naama Bay or Old Market for lunches and dinners. We have found lots of great and inexpensive sea-food places and were really happy to visit a new one each day!
    Also, I must warm people abpuut the beach. Yes, there's a sand to lie on, but you can't get into the water off-shore. The corals are about a meter off the shore, so you either need to wear jelly shoes or jump off the bridge. We actully liked that a lot, as there were so many fishes and other cool stuff right at our hotel beach, and it wasn't different from what we saw at Ras Mohammad.
    I really recommend this hotel - it's simple, but has nice rooms and lovely atmosphere!

• wild_julia's Profile Photo

Towel Art

The hotel was ok. Nothing special or fancy. Very clean and right by the sea (Shark's bay)
    The cleaning staff always make towel swans and hearts on your bed trying to get a tip. If they get nothing the art attempts usually stop, if you pay them the figures will get more creative.

More about Sultans Gardens Resort

Sultan Hotel

by gorskial about Sultan Hotel

£E8 Located right in the downtown area, it's an OK hotel. They've got
dorm beds for £E8 a night, hot showers and cooking facilities. Staff is kind, and it made it a pleasant stay in the city. At upper floors are Venice and Safari hotels (resp. £E7 and £E6). We didn't check 'em out but still it's quite useful to know it in case you visit Cairo during the high season. The place is most frequented by backpackers, then
you might meet interesting people and get some good travel tips there. Last but not least, you'll find plenty of cheap places to eat and coffee shops (understand tea houses) nearby, and the market onto which it opens has proven to be useful for breakfast.

Room with a view

by imdreams about Le Meridien Pyramids

An unrivalled and time-honored situation, 10 kilometers south-west of Cairo and within walking distance of the majestic Giza Pyramids, sole survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the enigmatic gaze of the Sphinx. The Al Shams Restaurant:sumptuous buffet and a la carte menu.
Al Shabaka: seafood restaurant
Direct dial telephone
Radio
Satellite television
Lobby Bar
The 5th floor of the hotel will be dedicated to the Royal Club, designed to provide exclusive services for the business executive, with particular emphasis on individual attention.
Cocktail Lounge
The Al Sultan banqueting room, which can be divided into two sections, will cater for up to 800 people, while the Al Majlis meeting room will provide facilities for up to 50 people.
Secretarial assistance
Doctor on call,
Same day laundry
Valet service
24-Hour safety deposit box
Free parking
Shuttle bus

If it's cheap, go for it!

by TripAdvisor Member AndrewOBrien

Reviews of this hotel range from one extreme to the other. I decided to take a chance for my short stay.

It's a pity that some holiday companies draw attention to an "official rating of 5*" - because the Holiday Inn's own website is perhaps more honest and does not make reference to a rating. My own judgement from the website (and from my subsequent visit) is that it is a good 3* hotel. I made my reservation on the Holiday Inn's own website, and was under no illusions to expect 5 stars.

Given recent nearby terrorist action, hot security is welcome - although I arrived before the bombings and found gate security intrusive. First impressions were very unwelcoming. Pointing to a Duty Free plastic bag containing cartons of cigarettes, one young Guard looks inside & asks "what is this"? I was hot and tired, but resisted the temptation to say what the **** do you think it is?! - only to be asked, "cigars"? When both guards shook their heads & uttered the word "problem", I sliced open a carton and showed them, obviously for the very first time in their lives, what cigarettes look like. Good actors, chancers, looking surprised to see that the contents actually matched the photos and slogans on the cartons. They were genuinely surprised though when I snatched back my Duty Free and marched towards Reception.

"Not allowed" to wheel our own baggage to Reception, we presented our reservation number, only to find (at 5pm) that our Junior Suite was not ready for another hour. We were told to sit and wait. Then we were asked to pay up-front for the room, & pay any extras on departure. The clerk did not believe our US$119 rate ("too cheap, should be US$225") and wanted to see our full print-out from their own website!!

So, now the positive side; the hotel's public areas and grounds are spacious and attractive, huge pool, different outdoor areas to eat, drink, or just people-watch, including a soft-furnished 'Bedouin' tented area with a great view of the beach. You won't be disappointed if you like crystal clear aquamarine water & tropical coral at your feet.

Our suite was spacious, cool, and comfortable, although furnishings were very 'tired' - but OK for 3*. The website tells you that (in the Junior Suites) the American kitchen has no equipment, and they're not kidding. So, if you want to drink your Duty Free, you'll need to get room service first, and then hide the glasses for future use. If you like a wake-up coffee, bring supplies, a travel kettle, cups, and a spoon!

Unlike gate security, all other staff were friendly and helpful. Room service too was efficient, the food delivered hot (covered in foil) - even an ice bucket with our drinks.

I didn't care for the busy and noisy main buffet restaurant, but the smaller food outlets were good. Food and drink prices at UK levels were not outrageous, but are expensive if compared to other parts of Egypt, where you'd pay much less, between a quarter and a 1/3rd of Holiday Inn prices.

If you don't like unsophisticated Russians, or loud music, this place is big enough to avoid both for most of the time. You can (just about) see the Airport from the hotel, and there can be some noise - but with lots of daily flights that's true for most of Sharm. It is very convenient for the airport, which is why I chose it.

If you plan to spend much time in Naama Bay or Sharm itself, you'll find the commute to this remote hotel a pain.

If you want to chill by a lovely pool or beach, AND if you find a cheap deal to this hotel, go for it. You'll only be disappointed if you pay full or regular prices, or expect 5* treatment, and then start drawing comparisons.

For me, it served its purpose, but I must admit, I was relieved to get to my holiday apartment in Sharm.

Dont go All Inclusive!!!!!!

Me and my girlfriend have just returned from sharm, and the holiday inn. Just thought I would let you know some pro's and cons of the hotel and sharm in general!!

Pros:
1. The Weather was brilliant. Mid to late 30's.
2. The diving and snorkelling is out of this world!
3. The hotels pools and grounds are really well looked after, and look like they belong in a 4 star resort.
4. The rooms are nice, and the air conditioning works well, the cleaners also do a fantastic job!
5. The hotel staff especially the bar staff, are very friendly (if your not all inclusive)
6. The food in Naama bay, is very good and cheap. As well as the beer.
7. Lots of Russians.

Cons:
1. Lots of Russians! (just kidding, take them with a pinch of salt)
2. The food is SHOCKING! We lived on bread and salad at lunch time, and ate out every night, you can only get snacks at certain times.
3. The bar staff are very pleasant if they think they have a chance of getting tips, which is why they dont really like the all inclusive people!
4. The locals love to stare and comment on foreign women, ladies travelling together be aware you WILL get hassled especially in Naama bay, where the bars and restaurants are.
5. The all inclusive people, can only use 1 of the 5 bars at a time, and all your drinks come in plastic cups, but if you pay for the drink you can be trusted with glass.
6. The All Inclusive programme.

Hope this helps! One more thing, we booked last minute, with a company called MED HOTELS, i've been on a lot of holidays and can quite easily say this company is THE WORST and most UN-PROFFESIONAL company i've ever had to deal with, did not see my rep once, there were no hotel transfers, even though I had payed for them, and there was no welcome package. Spoke to an Airtours rep who was lovely and she said they had a "reputation" for being unreliable!

HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY!!

Sharm El  Sheik (Sultan Gardens beach)Sharm El Sheik (Sultan Gardens beach)

Sultan Qaitbey Mosque GuardianSultan Qaitbey Mosque Guardian

Mosque of Sultan HasanMosque of Sultan Hasan

Mosque of Sultan HasanMosque of Sultan Hasan

Sultan Gardens in June

by glen006

Hi,

My girlfriend and I (25&24) have booked a week of all inclusive at Sultan Gardens in the middle of June. Has anyone stayed there? Keen to know what it is like..
Also, a mate of mine told me riding dune bikes in the desert is awesome, anyone have any further info?
Also, what else should we check out?
cheers