The Three Corners Palmyra Resort

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Three Corners Palmyra Resort

good holiday but not 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member sjjkopite

Just returned from the three corners palmyra. I had a good holiday overall ,but must add that this hotel is nowhere near 4 star.What makes the resort is the staff. They are a credit to the hotel as they are friendly, polite and good fun.The food is not very good (very repetative)rooms need upgrading as they are very old.

Great Hotel - Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Rach76

Just returned from a great week at the Three Corners Palmyra - I was a little worried after reading some bad reviews of the hotel but on arrival I realised I had nothing to worry about at all.

The food was of a good standard and there was always something that eveyone in our party of 6 liked. - Chips at lunchtime were great - Homemade !!
Each night was a different theme but generally consisted of Rice, Pasta, Potatoes, Beef/Chicken, Fish, great salads. If you did get bored of the food you could always buy something different from the hotel bar - Beef baguette and chips was only 90p

The hotel staff were awesome, nothing was too much trouble for them, and the animation team did a great job throughout the daytime.

The rooms were very spacious and kept immaculately clean by the cleaning staff.

Only dissappointment was the beach as there was no jetty to get to the sea to snorkel. you had to walk quite away over rocks to get to the coral area and for this you definately need water shoes.

All in all a great holiday and would return to this hotel again - for the costs of the holiday it was well worth what we paid.

beautiful views

by TripAdvisor Member ccccsbc

Just returned from Three corners palmyra in Nabq Bay Sharm.
Beautiful clean hotel staff cannot do enough to help you from day one. The pools which are throughout the complex (3 in total) are well maintained. The food.......what us Brits have to realise here is that we are not in Britain so the food is going to be different, not neccessarily bad just different, although most people had tummy upsets of some degree it is not essentially due to the food we have eaten, this is a very hot place, and de-hydration is more likely to be the cause, I recommend a glass of soda with fresh lime and a sprinkling of salt each morning, to help to re-hydrate, and be careful with the draught beer, it may have a high glycerene content which also can cause upset. A trip into Naama Bay costs around £5 and it's worth a visit, use the hotel taxis there are some crazy drivers out there!!! beware of the cost of imported spirits, £20.00 for two brandies in The Hard Rock Cafe stick to the local spirits they're ok.
The entertainment team are great fun and very hard working, loose your inhabitions and join in from day one, they desrve your participation. Hang on to your empty water bottles, you can refill them at the mineral water stations throughout the complex.
Make sure you have water shoes before you go to the hotel beach you will need them, and dont forget to take a waterproof camera. Congratulations to the staff at The Palmyra Resort, they made our stay special.
An important point if you travel outside Sharm make sure you take your Visa/ Passport, even for the short trip to the national park of Ras Mohamed.

Fabulous 2 Week holiday!!

by TripAdvisor Member jessjones04

We returned on 31st July from a fantastic 2 weeks at the three corners. We were a bit worried before we went as there were mixed reviews but the hotel is lovely. The rooms were very clean and spacious, and the day time activities are great. The animation team were absolutely brilliant, we were made to feel very welcome. We recommend that you do the jeep safari - off road through the mountains followed by a stunning camel ride along the coast and some snorkelling. The red sea marine life is amazing. The beach that is linked to the hotel is not the best so we recommend going to Sharks Bay (available by free shuttle bus) The access to the corals is v. good and there are shops, massage, restaurants and dive shops all along the beach along with plenty of loungers and umbrellas in shade. At the hotel there are planes going overhead but it is not a nuisance at all. The evening shows are a bit basic, there is a disco but if you want the nightlife you can go to naama bay or old market. (we had loads of fun bartering there) The food in the hotel is quite good - none of the 5 of us are fussy eaters so we always found something varied to eat, and its fresh and plenty of it so you can't complain!! (Although some people obviously have!!) Overall, we had a really good deal for the money we paid.

Great choice of hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dewsy

As an independent female traveller who has travelled across the globe, I was very impressed with this low budget choice of hotel.
The hotel was of a good standard, with extensive facilities and kept exceptionally clean. My room was huge and all rooms had good views across the complex.
The food was of good standard for a typically Arabic country, and the choice was satisfactory. The all inclusive options were also very acceptable.
The Animation team were friendly and all the staff within the hotel were friendly and helpful, and not once as a single female did I feel intimadated or pestered by their behaviour.

I got out and about during my stay using the local taxis which cost approx £4 to get to Nama Bay at night. The nightlife was great with lots of bars and clubs for the night owls. A great workers bar, The Tavern was a great easy going British Option alongside Pacha nightclub.

The only negative about the Palmyra was the Scuba Diving business on site. The service here was very poor. As a qualified diver I chose to contact Emperor Divers in Naama Bay who I spent 2 great days diving with.

3 corners Palymra was a great family hotel, for those wanting a cheap getaway.

Brilliant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Waters1

We just returned from the Palmyra the hotel was lovely,staff were really friendly and it was very clean.The only down fall of the hotel was the entertainment it was very limited if any in the evenings,and in the day they played the same songs for the whole week we were there at the same time with the same dance every single day!!!
The pools were amazing there were four all together and the pool bar was just great,I would certainly return to this property again as the food was also good is well.
Sharks bay was amazing and would recommend snorkelling to any one visiting sharm its amazing!!!!!Cant wait to go back.

Holiday from Hell

by TripAdvisor Member Dolphin251270

What a holiday from HELL !

We arrived on 24/09, one of our parties suitcases did not arrive until next day from Cardiff Airport as they have weight issue's and 45 people did not get their luggage until Monday evening and they had to go and collect it themselves @ their cost from Sharm Airport as it was sent via Gatwick on the flight on Monday, first night there we were broken into, Camera, sunglassses, clothes stolen, no forced entry so inside job but the hotel was not having it and we were forced into saying we had lost it or we were told we would have to go to Police station everyday 100km away ! Food was crap and hardly cooked properly, go up to Namma Bay they have KFC, McDonalds and Hard Rock Cafe at least you will get something half decent there ! we started to enjoy our holiday and then the last night, broken into again ! clothes were ripped up etc, again no forced entry we were again told it could not be staff, but who else has a key ! we had to sleep with Security outside our room all night and they were placed there until we left @ 4.15pm on the 01/10, be very weary of the Massage people and the shop people that befriend you as we are 100% it was one of the Massage people doing this as my friend knocked him back, he has now been sacked from the hotel ! then to top it off we arrived back into Cardiff on 01/10 around 11.30pm to be told 100 people would not get their suitcases and yes none of us got ours, we hopefully get them on Tuesday/Wednesday if lucky coming via Gatwick again.

would not go back

by TripAdvisor Member joanne66

I think this hotel although a 4 star has definately dropped to a 2 star. Although the staff cannot be faulted and the rooms are kept clean, it does not make up for the other faults. The food is terrible and i would reccomend taking vitamin supplements, and plenty of diocalm. Everything seems to be watered down even the booze, if you are willing to pay extra you can have the proper stuff ie: fresh juice and milkshakes. We were all inclusive but the deal was rubbish as you still have to pay for most things and go out to eat most nights. The hotel is also quite away from the resort of naama bay so it also cost in taxis. I would not go back or recommend this hotel, make sure you stay close to naama bay if you go here.

Credit where it's due

by TripAdvisor Member Keb1993

When you look for a review and find a bad one it gets you thinking , well nobody writes in to praise, only complain. Here's an honest view for those looking.
Hotel, appartment and facilities all good (3*)
Food (ok) but geared up for Europeans (Ger, Pol) but if you want Burger and Chips then maybe you should go to Blackpool or Gt Yarmouth.
Disappointed to find that Gym Facilities were chargable £5 per visit.
Plenty of Animation during the day and the animators were good sports if you joined in with them
All the staff were very friendly and helpful despite Ramadam, again talk with them and they respond back.
Resort about 15 mins away from Sharm/ Narma bay but free Shuttle buses provided.
You cannot go to the Red Sea and not have a go at snorkelling, the qty, colours and size of fish and coral will amaze you. The Dive shop will do an intro Dive for 55 Euros, well worth it.
There is building work on locally but it's no inconvenience.

We had an excellent week, we mingled and joined in the games and met some new friends. I'm happy to go back !

It's a hard life

by TripAdvisor Member gekkolick

The hotel is as clean and shiny as a newly minted coin. Battalions of polite and attentive gentlemen attend to your every whim. The chambermaid/male service is so good, it’s like living with your mum, embarassingly, they even tidy up your inevitable holiday clutter. The food is hardly haute cusine, but it is plentiful and there will usually be something you are prepared to eat to fill your rarely empty stomach. The booze flows readily, a limited variety which is more than matched by sheer volume. Remember to drink water though, it’s hot here, 30-40 degrees, even in October, long after that time when we all turn on our central heating in dear ol’ Blighty.

Your fellow guest is more inclined to be a well heeled and beautifully turned out Russian or Pole whose chatter is impenetrable, but whose English is excellent if you’re the sort who likes to socialise. There was barely any evidence of the humiliating British man abroad, except the odd pair of Union Jack shorts, worn on the first day, then hastily repacked. Part of the real beauty of this holiday was that it was NOT Britain abroad.

The grey clouds to mar these silver linings are there if you look though. Whilst the hotel is transfertastically close to the airport, it is also directly under the flightpath and you can see the bolts on the undercarriage of the 747s as they lazily - and bone tremblingly noisily - heave themselves aloft scant inches above your head. At this time, there were few enough planes for it not to be an issue, but the (fairly unobtrusive) building work around the hotel testifies to the fact that this part of the resort is growing. Soon, increasing numbers of pallid incomers will grace the Egyptians with their presence and their 747s.

As a woman in a Muslim country I remained anxious about exposing my mottled and stretchmarked belly, but I need my vitamin D, coming from Scotland, and to be fair, nobody really turned a hair, too many beautiful Russians to look at. Bring polite evening clothing though, and cover that sunburn to protect the propriety of the locals if you plan to venture far.

The hotel is a fair distance from the Sea and the main resort, although regular free shuttle buses will ferry you there and back to the private beach and the bustle of the main strip.

Politely, one could refer to the Egyptian selling technique as persuasive altruism, never selling for less than they can possibly extract from your wallet. Scruples abandoned, they will happily divorce you from your money, even for atrocious tat and shed not a tear for your idiocy. The great British reserve and honour make bartering an uncomfortable prospect for some. I can only suggest that you enter negotiations with a figure in mind of a price you are personally prepared to pay, and be committed to walk away if you fail to reach it. Does your best friend really need that water pipe anyway?

I had intended to leave my 10 yr old son in the care of the kids club for the odd morning, but never did. The complex was large and safe and he wandered like a mini-Bedouin, and grew gills in the three lovely pools. The staff were all wonderful with the kids, treating them like mini-royalty whilst their parents toasted on the plentiful sunloungers.

In all, from the seasoned point of view of the fourth day of my holiday, I am glad I came here. I have certainly experienced worse abroad and it is blissful to doze gently through the alarm call of the muezzin as he calls the poor Egyptians to rise with the unrelenting sun. I can just make out the hills of the Sinai from my balcony, and I can watch the pool chappie cleaning the pool at comedy o’clock, making ready for the rest of my fellow holiday makers to begin another hard day in paradise.

Look closely and you might spot the fishLook closely and you might spot the fish

Ras MohammedRas Mohammed

These are forbidden to do at Red Sea areaThese are forbidden to do at Red Sea area

What a view !What a view !

Three Corners Palmyra

by Linandrob

Hi,we have just booked a family holiday to the Three Corners Palymyra Hotel. Can anyone tell me whether they have been and is it suitable for a child of 11, and what the hotel is like. How far it is to the town and what is pub life around the hotel like. Thanks

by deborahg21

Hi i ahve also booked to got ot that hotel in june, i can tell you it is 20 mins from the town. The hotel has kids clubs and lots of activities during the day, such as darts, table tennis water polo etc

RE: RE: Three Corners Palmyra

Thanks.

by evette77

hi have booked myself for mid july , if possible could you reply , tell me what its like and what you think thanks, have a good one

Three Corners Palmyra

by Linandrob

Hi we have just booked family holiday to the the three corners hotel. Can anyone who has been there tell me if it is good for an 11 year old, and a little information on nightlife and the hotel itself. Thanks

by ruthkasamun

Hi i am satying there in august, have been on their website www.threecorners.com which looks good but have read very mixed reviews on the place? when are you going there?
Ruth

Three corners palmyra

by ruthkasamun

Hi i am staying here in august. Got quite a good deal, all inclusive, but ahve read some mixed reviews a lot of them being poor. Was wondering if anybody can tell me anything? Good or bad, just want to know what to expect!
Thanks
Ruth x

RE: Three corners palmyra

by evette77

hi
im going myself in july so i will let you know , iv read a few bad reviews too but also a few good ones , i guess people jusst have different views and tastes etc so ill let you know what i think when i return , have you seen there web page , the hotel does look great , a bit far out but by sounds of things , plenty of transport to places,

RE: RE: Three corners palmyra