Tropicana Sea Beach

Costs 1560% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tropicana Sea Beach

wicked place very relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member papylon009

great place my first time will be going back. I cannot fault the place apart from the entertainment at night and its a little way of namba bay. I personally had a great time after all a holiday is what you make of it. I was wary because of the reviews of this place but i still went and great it was. Thanks to the people i did ask in messages for your honest answers. However cant fault this place and i cant see you regretting it either. Dont be put off with what other people have wrote as if you do your never go anywhere. Just check my turkey review i personally didnt like it but then again others would of done. Enjoy yourself i did

Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member ajs270177

have just returned this week from this hotel and we found it very enjoyable relaxing week away. The weather was ok while we were there just a couple of overcast days but this allowed us to go out and explore a bit. The room were kept very nice and clean although we did have our alarm clock go missing from our room on our first day, although the hotel said that the maid did not have it who else did!! We did not let this ruin our holiday though. Our only other complaints like previous reviews relates to the lack of sun beds. There are sun beds available but just not enough on occasion we along with others just used the padded mats as lay on them as there were loads of these which should be on sun beds but there were no more wooden beds. The other issues relates to glasses in the bar and restaurant. I drink mainly soft drinks and when these are being served in shot glasses this is not appropriate. Vodka and lemonade in small wine glasses and beer in a whisky glass it all seemed a bit wrong. I did see a couple of people who had taken there own pint glass/beaker to the bar and they are happy to refill the glasses did get better towards the end of our holiday but still no pint glasses for beer!

Hotel is situated next to the Jaz Mirabel beach and is located on the beach which seems to be ideal for kite and windsurfing and very entertaining to watch whilst sunbathing. You will definitely need some sort of coral shoes for walking in the sea as even close in the are corals, although these can be purchased from the on site shop for a couple of pounds. The fish are everywhere off the beach mainly wherever there is coral there are fish so ideal for little ones as water is only about 2 foot deep out for about 800 m.

Most nights we ate at the buffet main restaurant and had no problems, there is also a beach bar which has lovely pizza and BBQ food. There are 2 ala cartes being Chinese and Italian we only went to the Chinese and it was rubbish small portions with slow service and as such after the meal 2 of the group went and got food from the bbq of the normal restaurant.

Overall this was a very good holiday with good weather and good company feel free to ask any questions.

great hotel and felt really welcome

by TripAdvisor Member jjmoyse29

i had a lovely holiday the bar and resturant staff were superb,i never had any problems with glasses,sun beds,towels or anything. i really enjoyed my time food was great,swimming pools and facillities were excellent cant moan at all i made the most of what was available, thanks to all at sea beach

the most amazing place ive been

by TripAdvisor Member kos_08tinks

well what can i say, words just cant describe how amazing this hotel is, as soon as we got there i was just taken a back by how gorgeous it looked, when we got there we went straight to reception and was given our welcome pack which had our rep meeting time on,the staff took care of our bags and took them to our room, our room was so lovely we had free air con and safe box which was fab! our view of the beach was lush, the food was amazing and the puddings well i could have eaten them all day long! its just none stop food! the staff are so friendly and happy all the time, always smiling. to be honest if u want to get a sun bed then get up early and dont moan about it! everyone wants a sun bed so yea there wont be space when u get up at 12! the pool is cold but u dont want it to be hot when u want to cool off! our room was cleaned every day and spotless! ok so people are moaning about the locals making u go in there shop but thats not the hotels fault so why put it in the review??!! if u want to go up to the shops the people are nice u have just got to say no sternly and they will leave u alone, also if u are silly enough not to know how hot it will be, what the food will be, how long the flight is, and that u have to barter then dont go! people were moaning about the heat, its africa its gona be hot! anyway this hotel was the best in the resort! im goin back next year for two weeks.

Great Hotel With Minor Teething Problems

by TripAdvisor Member mr_views

The staff at this hotel are genuinely friendly and were walking around the place all hours of the day. Anytime we needed something done it was dealt with straight away. The majority of staff speak English although in the week we stayed we didn’t really come across many English guests and it was mainly German/Russian/Italians. The food was a bit hit and miss but there’s plenty of it – I would say the food is more suited to European taste buds but I’m sure this is something they will improve on. The rooms are spotless and the whole hotel gets 5/5 for cleanliness. The evening entertainment was very poor but to be honest you get that with all hotels as they are more suited to families with kids as opposed to young UK couples in their 20’s. If you are a family with kids then this hotel is perfect for you. If you are a young couple on a budget then this is a great hotel – just visit Neama Bay each evening for your nightlife.

Captain of our little boatCaptain of our little boat

The amazing colours of Ras MohamedThe amazing colours of Ras Mohamed

Bedouin tentBedouin tent

Narrow and steep wallsNarrow and steep walls

Adult orientated hotel/ good snorkeling/ good service?

by miamoo

I've booked my flights leaving 30th Nov, so just need a hotel. I want good snorkeling nearby, adult orientated more than a family hotel (eg bar where they serve nice cold beer/cocktails with good service).
I dont mind all inclusive or B+B I cant afford the four seasons!

by Odinnthor

OK, how about the Grand Azure......not the Four Seasons but still pretty nice. It is however in Nabq Bay, about 12-15 miles from Naama Bay (main area). I only know two places there, the Azure and Concorde El Salam Hotel, but I have visited a few others, (inspecting the properties for possible future use on my tours)

Here is a handy list of all the properties in Sharm on an interactive map.

Have fun.....

by miamoo

Thanks I will check out those hotels :) the only thing I'm not so keen on with nabq bay is the really long jettys/very shallow sea.
Do you know the Hilton Waterfalls or the Renaissance golden view?

by Odinnthor

Don't know the Renaissance, but the hilton Waterfalls is very nice, however a bit more couples/family oriented. They have a "Kids Club"......

by om_212

I stayed at the Renaissance Golden View (aka Marriott) last November and I would say it is more family than adult oriented hotel. the hotel is located on the southern tip of the Sinai. in November, the sea it is windy and sea gets really choppy, and then it's choppy, they don't let you into the sea.if I remember correctly, at least 3 out 9 days you couldn't swim. so if you are in for snorkling, chose the hotel in the Coral Bay or Shark Bay (Naama Bay's corals are very poor, they cut them in mid-70ies).

the same concerns Nabq. I have been there couple years ago, and there was a wild place where you could enter without using jetty. But it is extremely windy there, which is not good for snorkling at all. the best snorkling that I have done was at the Donima Coral Bay hotel (2 km of very beatiful corals), but this is also a family-oriented hotel. but it is HUGE so I am sure you will find a company there. good luck with your search, you are also welcome to read my hotel tips.

Comments