PO Box 61, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Tropitel Naama Bay

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member HickeyEssex

I have just come back from holidaying at Tropitel Naama Bay and had a good holiday.

Yes the hotel isn't 5 * but most people don't realise that the stars are added depending on the facilities that the hotel has not the quality.

I went AI and wasn't overally impressed, but what do you really expect, this isn't the first time I've done AI but they are roughly all the same. The breakfast was good, lunch was fine if you wanted to go to the main restaurant and dinner was fine, with a variety of foods.

The beach was horrendous and didn't use it, we were quite spolit as we were placed at the top of the hill which is only about 2 mins walk from the main hotel and had our own pool, so no complaints there.

If you plan to go to this hotel do not expect 5*, but it is in a fantastic position so you have to compensate somewhere.

funky boooddaahh

by johnnieaka2002 about little buddah

little buddah is just opening. it's underneath the naama bay hotel next to the mexican restaurant. it's a sushi bar and night club. it was just finished on our last night in naama bay and they were inviting people in to eat, drink and dance for free to get feedback before visiting dignitaries came from cairo. how lucky was that!? it's an amazing wee place you go in and you're instantly on the balcony overlooking a circular subterranean dance floor (the sushi bars down there off to one side.) i think it will be quite expensive when it opens properly but people we spoke to say it's better than Pacha and that's about the same price. (staff at the hotel reckon it'll be about LE120 ($20) to get in with one free drink once you're in there) i went in with reef sandals, camo shorts and a sweaty t shirt but i reckon they'll get stricter as time goes on. all the egyptians and russians were impeccably dressed and the italians were their usual smart selves.

Mojo - Licence To Chill

by caryllg about Mojo @ The Lido Hotel Naama Bay

Mojo - This is a very special place indeed. It is situated at the front of the Lido Hotel in Naama Bay, a really beautiful location. The restaurant is decorated in a very tasteful and comfortable way. A lot of time and consideration has gone into the design of this place. The inside of the bar and restaurant has very stylish tables and chairs and the walls are painted a gorgeous ochre color and decorated with original artwork, paintings and sculptures. It really is a step above any of the other places I have been in Sharm.

There is a fabulous deck outsde the restaurant where the view is the fantastic beach and jetty. In the evening everything outside is lit up and you can sit at the fabulous sofas and tables enjoying the sheers delights of the view and the wonderful ambience of the place. It had a feel of an Art Deco Miami style, especially out on the terrace.

The owner of Mojo, Karim Yassin has really done a magnificent job with the renovation of this restaurant. In fact i visted this place in August 2003 before he got it started and I can honestly say that although it was of a very high standard previously, it definately took my breath away. We had some truly scrumptious food at Mojo. I would describe the cuisine here as fairly "haute". Karim went to a lot of effort to find the perfect chefs and the end result can only be described as amazing. Lots of seafood, with a european/middle eastern twist. Many excellent salad and meat dishes and also pasta with much more besides.

My favourite dish was sea bass with lemon sauce, sarah had chicken with rosemary & garlic. I can abslolutley recommend both. I might also add that they do the meanest cocktails in sharm. We were most happy with everything we were served here. The staff are very good and nothing is too much trouble. standards are Class A!!

I also hear that the cheesecake is second to none, but I have to take Karim's word for that as I was too full on cocktails for dessert.

nama bay

by TripAdvisor Member Calumjack

everything about this resort was amazing! Nama bay was brill although slightly busy at night. all of the restaurants were good too and well worth the money. the best bar to go to would be panorama in nama bay, the view is wonderful and the atmosphere is too. Theres also a nice restaurant called valentinos near hard rock cafe that served amazing dishes.

i was quite apprehensive beforehand as i had heard the locals pester the tourists all the time. This is not the case, they were all very friendly apart from when we went to cairo on a daytrip and was pestered at the pyramids.

All in all i would recommend this resort to anyone, any age. the hotel we stayed in was sharm inn amarein. Good value for money, the hotel had a lovely small homely feel to it.

Perfect hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Hany_Sophia

The best thing about the hotel was its location; you are right in the middle of everything the beach is two mins away! It saves you having to haggle with taxi drivers each morning. The hotel staff were really nice and helpful. Breakfast is very very good and the best surprise is the hotel's three pools!!! Two are on top of a hill, the view was amazing!!!
The food in sharm isn’t the best it’s quite bland, wouldn’t advise going to the Mexican next to the hotel but other places are ok. Believe it or not the KFC was really good!!! We had hard rock, TGI's and KFC opposite us so dinner was never a problem; it’s really cheap out there so a little goes a long way.

Its such a beautiful place, there is soo much to do, a trip to Cairo by bus is a must, even though its a 6hr journey its not bad as the coaches are nice and you don’t even feel it once you see the pyramids! Quad biking was sooo fun, but more than anything you have to go to a Bedouin night, its an evening with the traditional Egyptians out in the desert, food, drinks and entertainment is all inclusive the views are picturesque.

I cant stress how nice it is out there, Naama Bay was the place to be, the rooms were nice, the cleaners would make pretty patterns with the bedding each morning, they always added that extra special touch.

Don't do your excursions through the hotel as the tour operators there charge high prices, instead go find ones from outside that way you can haggle.

Not bad but not brilliant !!

by TripAdvisor Member Pacman52

Ok so I read the reviews about the Naama Bay before I left and on average they seemed ok .... In reality it was not bad at all firstly the staff are very helpful and friendly, checking in was quick and without problems, The room was very clean but I must say very very basic !!! I'd like to meet the person who gave the hotel 5 stars ('I'm thinking it was the owner personally !!) As to me this was at best a 3 star.

The hotel's location was very good though right in the middle of town so no need for taxis etc as everything was on your door step unfortuneatly this also included the noise of the club next door !! so if you don't mind staying awake til 3 or 4 am every morning this is the place for you.

The hotel does have some plus points being the pools especially the ones up the top end of the location which is a little walk (5-10 mins) and these always seemed to be empty which made them more relaxing and on of them has its own bar / coffee hut which was handy.

I can confirm 100% the hotel does NOT have a tennis court after reading on here it does so don't bother lugging your racquets with you in your luggage like we did!!

In summary there are a lot better hotels in Naama Bay but at a push I would stay here again.

definately not five star

by TripAdvisor Member cyprus2006

more like a 3* hotel than 5*.Staff where friendly and helpful but be ready to tip them.Be ready for the bad tummys all 4 of our party endurred them, take plenty of immodium with you as it is very pricey out there. If you dont like being hassled then this is not the holiday for you,you get it the minute you walk out of the hotel.All in all this was not the right kind of holiday for our family ,more for the younger age group i would say.

All Inclusive forget it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member RalphSouthWales

Booked last minute off Tele-text, had a choiceof three 5* Hotels The Naama Bay, Three Corners - Palmyra and Calimera we choose Naama Bay as it was central so no need for taxi's or shuttles. Never tried All Inclusive before and with two children (13 & 10) we thought it would be easier. This is what lets this hotel down the food it self was ok good choice for breakfast, lunch was ok and dinner was supposed to be a different theme every night. It turned out to be the same food every night but dressed differently. It was very mis-leading reading up about the hotel with it's 6 or seven different resteraunts We thought we would have a choice of where to eat (I even took two nice dresses for the al la carte of which there weren't any) but you have to pay for these, you can have discount in the Mexican!!! You are limited to where you can eat inbetween meals if you want a snack you have to go up to the top pools and in searing heat and having to climb up three sets of uphill steps and a steep hill climb only to find that you have a choice of three cold snacks left in serving turines it puts you off going again. No ice-creams for the kids unless you buy them. Drinks - only local alcohol and soft drinks served, after a day or two of drinking it out of plastic glasses (they haven't got a full set of proper glasses so if you are lucky enough to get one keep hold of it) even in the Sunset bar in the evenings it starts to turn you sick. They have three bar staff on in the nights one to serve one to write invoices out and one to wash up the glasses as you wait in cold water not very hygenic. They are not allowed to help out serving so at 10 to 12 just before stop tap every one is getting last orders, some won't get served, at twelve he stops serving even if you have been waiting for 15 mins. Guests were arguing nearly every night over it. It was very stressfull sometimes when you were waiting to be served or waiting for drinks you had ordered with your food they always made you wait and then acted dull and brought the incorrect amount, one night i ordered drinks with our food it took me 25mins and 5 waiters later before i got them. Overall the hotel is okay not 5* we had a lovely sea view, bathrooms are a bit worse for wear and they would only give us two towels every day instead of four, location is 5* central to beach and nightlife and shops but i would not recommend A/I people we spoke to who had tried A/I elsewhere said this was a bad one. Entertainment was basic. We booked trips to Cairo and a boat trip snorkeling in a shop next door called Al Fayhed travel much cheaper. I don't like to be negative but i think they could do much better than this with the A/I people go on holidays to un-wind not to be wound up very slack.

Hot Sharm in the Summer

by swings

"All's well after a long time away"

May 6, 2004:
It’s hot here, but not nearly as hot as in Cairo. Maybe 36 C here, but 40 C in Cairo!!! We walked to get a snorkel strap for my husband’s mask and snorkel, and then we stopped off at the Movenpick to look for the ever elusive bur’a at the shop that always used to carry them. … Well, that shop is GONE! But it HAS been 7 years since we last were here, and that is not all that has changed in the area. There are over 200 hotels and resorts in the area, and they seem to have been able to keep the growth “presentable”. The Promenade is much wider now, and it’s lined with beautiful plantings of blooming desert trees, bougainvilla, vinca, etc… And it’s just jam-crammed-packed with one hotel after another! The entire walkway is lined with restaurants and small shops, including one “Bedouin” shop that we might have to check out later!

"Snorkeling off the Marriott beach"

We decided to check out the snorkeling just off the beach in front of the Marriott. Their reefs turned out to be “ok”, maybe the 2nd best of the three Naama Bay “beach reefs” we went to. The beach of the hotel just to the right…. Maybe in front of the Novotel, was much prettier and the corals were in better shape, plus we saw a big moray eel, about 4-5 feet long, a blue-spotted stingray, and DH saw two stingrays jump out of the water not far from the shore. The beach to the left of the Marriott’s beach was the “worst” of the three beaches there, but we had four sightings of large blue triggerfish there!

So all in all, we were “mobbed” with Sergeant Majors (not nearly like in Fujairah, but it did seem they were attracted to us), and we saw surgeon fish, file fish, various angel and butterfly fish, Picasso fish (humuhumunukunukuapuaa), 6 or more types of parrot fish, puffer fish, etc…. I have to get another fish chart or book to be able to name them! So even though we were barely in deep water, we were able to see wonderful varieties of fish right off the shore!

"Dinner at Negmet Sina in Old Sharm"

I wanted to try one of the restaurants I had read about at Virtual Tourist, so we decided to take the mini-bus (LE 0.5/person, as opposed to LE 20 for a cab, each way) to Old Sharm, which was several miles away, and go to Sinai Star (Negmet Sina). I read they had a platter of grilled fish, calamari, and shrimp, plus salad and tahini and bread for about $10/person, and there was virtually no menu. It was pretty much just what they had on hand…and the locals were reputed to eat there, too…

The place was bigger than I expected…. Full of tables with marble tops and just jam-packed with people from all over! And there were locals, too! Including tall, dark Nubians and Sudanese… Plus the people we sat next to were a young couple of divers from South Africa. And the “local” sitting on the other side was a manager for Adidas clothing in the area. He said this restaurant was the best in the area! I asked him later about the Safsafa… he said it’s not as good as Negmet Sina…

We ordered our fish grilled (you can get it fried, too) and got it with a large bottle of water; DH went next door to buy a bottle of Stella beer. We got our platter of fish, shrimp, and calamari strips with little “limun” to squeeze over it. The salad of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers had some dressing with some oil and a bit of pepper to it… very delicious, and the best tomatoes I’ve eaten in a long time! The rice was the short rice with some faint, delicious spice in it… and the tahini was good. The bread was nothing special, but the meal was absolutely delicious! And it cost LE 75 ($1= LE 6.5 right now); the one bottle of beer, on the other hand cost a whopping LE 18.50!!!! I wouldn’t mind going back tomorrow for more of the same! Lol

We wandered around the Old Souk a while… many of the Russian tourists were strolling around, and we saw two girls carrying a few sheesha to take back home. The shops are stuffed with goods, and everyone is very friendly. One of them asked me where I was from? And the guesses are always French? Italian? They never guess American!!!! He didn’t believe me, and asked me again. I always reply in Arabic when I can… when it’s pretty easy. And I love the times when they talk in English and I can respond in Arabic! Lol It’s so much easier that way… but maybe some day I’ll improve and actually be able to hold a decent conversation in Arabic….

We got the same bus going back as which brought us; with the same, kind “conductor” who had helped us find the restaurant. He said he had taken 3 trips while we ate! And he made sure we got off at the right stop on the way back, too.

"Rodana Resort... coming soon"

May7, 2004
Today we took a taxi to scout out the new timeshare that we’ve been told about: Rodana. We have been told it’s in Naama Heights, so we know it’s on the hill overlooking the bay, but the taxi driver cannot find it. We drive out to the tip of the cliff, and we don’t see the name on any of the buildings. We ask a few people, and then we start to backtrack, asking at the last of the more “finished” complexes. It turns out that Rodana is really Naama Bay Resort by the name out front (except that Rodana IS in the fine print, but look hard!), or Rodan Resort (RCI #6397) in Neama Bay, according to RCI… So anyway, we went back to the Marriott, and the charge was only about LE 5 for all of that! It would have been a bargain at twice the price.

"Snorkeling off the Sonesta beach"

We decided to snorkel in front of the hotel over to the far left side of Naama Bay…. Along the cliff and out toward the pier at the end of the bay. We moseyed down the Promenade to the Sonesta and headed towards the water. The tide is low, so we walk out on the floating dock and down the ladder; it’s only about waist deep. But the rocks are hard to walk over, so we have to put our masks on and snorkel. The corals are all broken, of course, in water this shallow, as of course the divers have no patience in getting out to deeper water to see the beautiful fish. But finally we see ahead that we are approaching the “wall”, with deeper water and more fish on the other side. I suck in my stomach to make sure I get over the last of the corals sticking up toward the surface; I don’t want to snag my best bathing suit!

Like yesterday, the corals are good in some places, and totally broken in others. Some areas are so beautiful, though! The water is deeper on this side of the bay, with a wall about 7-10 meters high, I’d guess; the bottom is mostly sandy, and there are other, isolated corals scattered around the area. For a good portion of the afternoon, though, we battle with the glass-bottomed boats for the best views! I cannot believe they will get customers and then take them only a hundred feet from shore to show them the fish! Sometimes I’m afraid to put my face into the water, because I’m afraid of the boats not seeing me and running me over. But the tide is getting lower, and trying to snorkel over the shallows is not going to be as easy as it was, either! This is not really an option… so I continue to keep my eyes on DH and the boats, ready to yell, if need be.

There are many different fish than what we saw yesterday… as well as some of the more common ones, of course! I was just about ready to give up on seeing a lionfish…. When I spotted a whopping beauty of a specimen: big, long reddish fins with whitish markings, too, all arrayed around him, making him look much larger than he really is! What a sight! And I spotted another blue-spotted ray, too, hiding under the corals. And clown fish!!!! Hiding amongst the anemones. I guess I found maybe 4 or 5 pairs of them. And over nearly all the small corals, the tiny black/white zebra-like striped fish (Humbug damsel fish) were clustered.

We went in to rest, once, and upon entering the water again, everyone I saw was standing on the corals or grabbing at them to pull themselves along underwater. I spoke to one man twice…. He had to have known he was doing something wrong, but he didn’t answer me at all; merely continued to kill the corals by touching them! Arrrrrgh! The idiocy and ignorance of so many people!!!! I only hope that when I next get here, there are still live corals and the fish I want to see!

This time we manage to get all the way out to the pier at the end of the bay…. I wish we could continue around to see more corals, but we’re too tired and it’s time to get something to drink and to eat, before we pass out.

"Fish Tally"

So all told, according to the book I got (Red Sea Reef Guide by Helmut Debelius), we saw, or we think we saw: Cornetfish (p35), Lionfish (p44-45- we think it had more white on it than the common lionfish, more like the Clearfin or the Russell’s, although the latter lives in deeper water), Red Sea coral grouper (p52- this is the only blue-spotted fish in the book, but I thought the ones I saw were more yellowish than reddish behind the many spots; they seemed to be about 14 inches long), Dory snappers (p90), Yellowfin goatfish (?p112), Royal angelfish (p118) and/or Emperor angelfish (p120), Masked butterflyfish (p124), Threadfin (p127) or maybe the Painted (p126) butterflyfish (I distinctly remember the almost perpendicular pattern of black lines on the white body, plus the yellow tail), Striped butterflyfish (p129), Bannerfish (p131), Anemonefish (NEMO!!! P 137- the Damselfishes or Clown fishes), Bicolor puller (p138- black front/white back Chromis), Humbug damsel (p140), Oman hogfish (p145), Bird wrasse (p159) (actually, I think we saw a lot of the wrasses, but I just cannot remember them all), probably about 7-9 species of parrotfish, Arabian surgeonfish (p186) with its two pairs of bright orange-yellow scalpel-like fins and long, trailing filaments from the tail as well as its brilliant coloration, Yellowtail tang (p189), Sailfin tang (?p189), Orangespine unicornfish (?p191), some sort of Jack fish or trevally, I think: a large (2 ft long) silver fish with a distinctive shaped head (p194-198), Redtooth triggerfish (p205- or blue tang?), Arabian Picasso triggerfish (p207), various puffer or boxfish, including the Masked puffer (p216), Bluespotted stingray (p311), moray eel,… Plus the others from the first day that weren’t mentioned here!

Great diving,snorkeling, sun,and not much else.

by mcblacktiger

"Pharoah's Revenge"

This was my first time to Egypt and the first time I went on a package tour.The first couple of hours that I was there we hated it , especially paying some jerk $1 to hand me a lugage cart, after he told me $4 to begin with, but by the second day, after we started to figure out the rules, we started to enjoy the trip and by the end we were actually sorry to leave.

When you first arrive the you will hate people wanting to help for money for everything, no one having change, no prices on items, and being honked at all of the time. Sharm is also a tourist compound and it is wierd to only see Egyptian men. But it only takes about a day to readjust to all of these things and you quickly learn the minimum prices for things like taxi's.(15 to25LE or the blue & white taxi's and 10to 20 for the unmarked Taxi's(trust me , they will let you know they are taxi's, you don't need to ask))

Except for the Naama Bay hotel walkway forget about walking the streets !!! Sharm is very safe and the Egyptians are actually very honestly friendly, but the constant honking,lights flashing and taxi's asking you for a lift will get very old within 200 m.Many of the streets smell like diesel exhaust and they use treated sewer water to water the plants which also smells . Naama Bay and Old town are also not worth seeing, not for even 15 minutes;everything is expensive and the storefront people are borderline rude with thier agressive selling. I personally would not get a hotel on Naama Bay unless you like very crowded beaches and expensive prices.

Having said all that, if your hotel has good food and a good beach, then stick to it and most of the other problems will solve themselves and the water and sun are very nice. Snorkeling and diving is awesome and remember that you can pay to stay(30 to 40LE) on any beach you like if your hotel beach is bad.

The more time you spend on the beach or in the water and the less time you spend in or near town the better your vacation will be.

( I first wrote this in 2004. I took a second trip here in 2007 and stayed in a much more expensive hotel. My feelings have not really changed much about Sharm, if anything, I probably like it less than the first trip and even though sometimes it is all right, I have no intention of ever returning regardless of the rating of the hotel.
Even though the landscape is starkly beautiful and the sea gorgeous, Sharm is a money sucking turist trap with no feeling of Egyptian culture. If all you care about is cost and sun have at it, you'll love it: but if you expect more from a vacation than being herded around and milked like cattle I would definatly find someplace else to go.)

CamelsCamels

Entrance to Ras MohammedEntrance to Ras Mohammed

CoralsCorals

divers clubdivers club

Tropitel Naama Bay hotel

by Princess-Lozie

hi i am going to the hotel tropitel naama bay in february for 10 nights, after reading some good reviews on this hotel we booked up but i was wondering what it was like, how is the food, and the rooms, how old do u have to be to drink inside and outside the hotel ?? !
any info about this would be appreciated
thanks
lauren
xxxx

Re: Tropitel Naama Bay hotel

by carpediem1

The hotel is very nice right in the middle of the shopping area very lively
Theres a pizza restaurant outside the hotel which is good we went there twice so it must be ok
Theres a hugh choice of restaurants around even kfc macdonalds and tgi fridays
If you like good quality indian theres a superb one inside the camel dive club hotel
As for age and drinking i dont know all i will say is the egyptians are pretty laid back
Make sure you do a couple of boat trips to Ras mohamed and tiran if you like snorkelling they were the hilight of the trip for us saying that we are all divers and usually go a couple of times ayear
Regards

by Foxy08

Hi
Just wondered if anyone has stayed at this hotel, After being messed about by Thomas Cook, who informed us that they have changed our hotel, we have had to cancel and do a quick panic rebooking ourselves, We picked the Tropitel as we know it is central in Naama Bay, and we have already booked to go diving with Camel, so wanted to be near them, I have seen some reviews and they are really mixed, So anyone know what the rooms, pools, food etc are like.
Thanks

Naama Bay hotel? places to eat and general questions!??

by Simmo2005

Hi there, Me and my Brother are going to Sharm on the 19th, staying in the Naama bay hotel. I see on this forum hardly anyone one here is staying there.. It can't be that bad surely? Who has actually stayed there?

Also can anyone recomend some places to eat? as we are on a B&B basis...

Can someone please clear the visa issue up for me too please? We will probably be only staying in Sharm, so we dont need a visa yes? I have also heard that holiday makers can get 'harrassed' when claiming baggage at Sharm airport.. for tips and money etc.. is this true ? or am I just believing the hype!?

Many thanks guys in advance... Keep the good stuff coming!

Simon..

RE: Naama Bay hotel? places to eat and general questions!??

by swisssinai

Have nt seen inside the hotel but have heard that it is good, has a great location and one of the best places to eat, the Mexican Bar, is right next door.

RE: Naama Bay hotel? places to eat and general questions!??

by Inga75

Hi!

I have stayed in the Naama Bay hotel and the standard of it is very good. The hotel is located in the middle of the shopping aerea of Sharm el Sheikh and there is no view or anything from the hotel, but the walking distance to the hotel is about 5 minutes. The room I stayed in had no windows, but you are not supposed to spend very much time in your hotel anyway. If you want to eat cheap, good and almost original egyptian there are some good places in the same street as the hotel, if you walk up the road towards the desert. There are meny small restaurants there, just check the prices.

There is absolutely no problem at the airport, you can insist on carrying your luggage yourself and if you get any help, the price is about two egyptian pounds.

Have fun!

RE: RE: Naama Bay hotel? places to eat and general questions!??

by Saladinos

Luggage:
You wont be harrassed as mentioned. unless you consider someone asking you if you need help carrying your stuff is a harrassament. 2 pounds is fine for someone saving your back from being hurt.

Visa.

by mr.small

You are correct,no visa for Sharm only.Stick to your guns with the holiday reps and at passport control.Stu.

RE: RE: Naama Bay hotel? places to eat and general questions!??

by Simmo2005

Cheers Guys, Just got Snokel and diving gear! Countdown is on!

Comments