lti Tropicana Grand Azure

Nabq Bay, (formerly Tropicana Grand Azure), Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, 00000, Egypt

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Egypts

Just arrived home this morning, had a fantastic holiday, hotel,staff,food and drink great.
    Enough space not to be over crowded. Staff could not do anymore for you than what they did, they fall over backwards to help you, and they are so very friendly.

Very clean, and enough to do in hotel, even just sitting in lobby of a night is amazing.
    Would highly recommend this hotel to everybody, from couples,older generations and families, all well catered for.

Also had water slides all in pools.

Unique Quality: Fantastic views from all rooms, the gardens are amazing and well kept.
    Breath taking views of a night, highly recommend a walk around complex, we where there for 7 days, and didnt see all of hotel surroundings.

Directions: Ten minutes from airport.

• Beautiful hotel

The main lobby area is fantastic with its massive stained-glass dome ceiling, The staff are very friendly and helpful

The main buffet restaurant is good they have the normal selection of salads and pastas with the main dishes being a different theme each night, good selection of cakes and pastries

The a la carte restaurants were good. You can eat at these every night (included in your all-inclusive package)you have to make reservations the day before. The Chinese, The Italian and The Oriental were excellent.

There is a snack bar at the waterfalls pool. There is also the beach bar serving hot-dogs and beef burgers with chips, The Tropicana, this is overlooking the beach on a terrace and has a good selection of salads, breads and fruits and made-to-order pizza and kebabs

The bars are all open during the day, with the lobby bar being 24 hours and the billiard bar staying open until the early hours.

There are several pools, the Fountain Pool, the Dolphin Pool and the kids pool, the Waterfalls Pool, and the heated pool, which is as warm as a hot bath, and the waterslides

The health club has an indoor pool, Jacuzzi and sauna, hairdresser, and offers a good range of massages and beauty treatments

The evening entertainment is good. The main amphitheatre has something on every night

The lobby bar is a good area at night for a quiet drink with friends as there is just background music playing,

The beach is course sand which has plenty of sun loungers available. There is a small gift shop, football pitch, volleyball court and a motorbike and scooter hire shop.

If you want to have a snorkel or a decent swim, you have to walk out along the in jetty which will take you over the top of the reef in about 5 minutes. If you intend to go into the sea during your holiday you WILL need coral shoes or dive boots. The coral is extremely sharp and WILL cut you if you stand on it . You can buy the shoes for next to nothing from the little gift shop on the beach

Overall we had a fantastic holiday, didn't want to come home

Unique Quality: Very clean and well looked after hotel, lovely pools, the snorkeling here is fantastic, friendly staff and good food, what more does a person want.

Directions: The Hotel is located in Nabq Bay which is about ten minutes taxi ride from the airport and about twenty minutes from Nama Bay

• tracymg's Profile Photo

Beautiful Hotel

My partner and I stayed here end of June 2005. We did not want to leave and could have easily spent months here.

The grounds are beautiful with super pools and gorgeous lobby.

Great choice of restaurants. Plenty of snacks to keep you going throughout the day.

Excellent daytime entertainment programme, including belly dancing, aerobics, volleyball, football etc.

Evening entertainment not that lively but there is a nightly disco at hotel next door or a free shuttle into Naama Bay.

Staff worked so hard.

Unique Quality: Fantastic pool areas. Never felt crowded. Always able to find a quiet spot.

Freshly prepared stone-baked pizzas by the sea.

Directions: Fairly close to airport. 15-20 minutes from Naama Bay.

• one of sharms finest!!!

Myself & my boyfriend adam stayed at this all inclusive hotel for 1week & it was great.The hotel is beautiful & very big with 3 lovely pools.unfortunatley they were just to cold to swim in,which was a real shame.The rooms are very clean & spacious & ours had great view of the red sea.The food was lovely with plenty of choices with 4 different themed resteraunts.(recommend the chinese it was scrummy!!!)The staff were excellent & very friendly & polite espeacily to the ladies!!!. My only moan would be the entertainment was a bit thin on the ground,and it was outside & because it was february when we there,it was just to cold of a night to sit outside.But we had a great time & enjoyed the 3 trips that we did, and we came back with a great tan!!!!!I would recommend this hotel to anyone& we would love to go back. Great place to go !!!!!

Unique Quality: Great pools,impressive reception area,great food with plenty of choices,good sized clean rooms,lovely friendly staff,great beach.

More about lti Tropicana Grand Azure

Travel Agents truthful review

by TripAdvisor Member bugbitten

I returned from the LTI Grand Azure Yesterday with my Husband and two children aged 8 & 9. I have just read some of the other reviews and I am shocked to read the ones saying this hotel is awful and that the staff were unfriendly and rude. I am a Travel agent and my cutomers are reading these sites more and more these days, so I will try and be as factual as possible.

The main entrance/lobby area is stunning, an on check in we were very impressed.

We then had a long walk to our room, I noticed then that the lighting was not very good and could possibly be a problem for the elderly or indeed anyone walking back at night.

We stayed in a standard room and found it plenty big enough for the four of us. Toiletries were provided and the room was very clean.

There are several Restaurants, our first meal was at the Main buffet style one and there was a good selection and food was replenished regularly. The second and most consequent meals were taken in one of the a la carte restaurants. The Italian and Chinese being our favorite, and the most popular. We did sample several dishes but the menu stayed the same for the fortnight so towards the end of our stay it did feel a little repetative.
But we prefered to have waiter service rather then buffet. The good thing about this hotel is that you can eat a la carte 5 times per week during your stay which is more than most hotels allow.

The staff were great. We found that a small tip (about £2 per day) at the start of the vacation to the guys around the pool area got us fantastic service and they came to the sunbeds to take drinks orders. The overall service at this hotel from all departments was great and we did not have anyone being rude to us.

Facilities for the chldren were great, my kids thought they were in heaven. Water slides in 2 of the pools kept them entertained for most of the day, we were in the kids pool area most of the time as it was all one depth and they could stand up in it. Music was played also in this pool, but if you want peace and quiet then the lagoon pool was stunning and tranquil. Kids club was there but not many kids seemed to bother with it.

Overall I feel that this hotel is fantastic for families with young children who don't want to holiday in a busy, very commercial package type holiday destination, as the facilties for the children more than made up for the maybe not 5* qualities elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend it to couples who are used to 5* accomodation, and who are particularly fussy. I does cater for all ages and Nationalities though.

The entertainment was very poor though, I'm not one for watching shows anyway so this didn't spoil my holiday but I will mention it when booking anyone else here.

The shuttle bus takes you from the hotel into Naama Bay, and is a trip well worth making. Haggle for everything and get yourselves a bargain buy.

I know I have gone on but I hope this will help you choose your holiday or if you have booked put your mind at rest that this hotel is not as bad as some if the reviews.

I personaly will return to this hotel, it is a great hotel at the right price, you wouldn't get this standard in the Med for what you are paying for the Grand Azure.

Loved It!

Me and my fiance stayed at the Grand Azure August 2005. Before we left I read some of the reviews on this site and they left me a little worried!

When we arrived we walked into reception and were amazed at how beautiful it was. We were shown to our room walking through the hotel grounds, which again BEAUTIFUL! Our room was massive with brilliant views of one of the pools and the sea.

All the hotel staff were so friendly, always talking to you and having a laugh with you.

The food was one thing that I was worried about after reading the reviews, but again it was amazing. So much choice and amazing presentation. We loved eating our evening meal on the outside terrace underneath the stars.

If you get a chance do the snorkling trip in Sharks Bay. Im scared of fish, but after 5 minutes in the sea I was loving it, so beautiful and well worth the mony at £15 each!

I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel. We had the best holiday ever and would almost certainly go back to the Grand Azure.

For all those people reading this about to go to this hotel I am very jelous!!!!! Have a wonderful time.

FABULOUS HOLIDAY!

by TripAdvisor Member CAROL145

Just Returned From The Grand Azure Hotel And We Have Had Two Fabulous Weeks! For An Up And Coming Resort, The Egyptians Are Doing Everything They Can To Ensure You Have A Great Time.
The Hotel Is First Class (We Have Stayed In Many 5* Hotels All Over the World). The Cleanliness Is Second To None. The Staff Are A Scream And Love The English (Because We Say Please & Thank You---Their Words). The Food Was Getting Better Every Day That We Were There; They Were Trying Their Best To Please The English With The Food. The Entertainment Was Not That Good, But I'm Sure This Will Improve with Time.
The Snorkelling Just Off The Beach At The Hotel Was Awesome! We Were Swimming Amongst Puffa Fish, Angel Fish, Parrot Fish & Electric Rays, To Name A Few,----Yes, This Was Just In The Red Sea At Our Hotel----Amazing! We Loved The Holiday So Much That We Have Booked To Come Back To The Grand Azure Next Year!
Just To Say "Hello" To Linda And Gary From Preston (Great Company) And Anyone Who Remembers Us--- Mad Liverpool Supporters.

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member h1mwr

Spend 7 days at the Grand Azure in September 2005. This hotel was really excellent and doesn't warrant some of the reviews it's been given. The hotel and grounds are very well maintained and couldn't be faulted

The staff could not have done any more to be helpful if they had tried and all were really pleasant. The hotel pools are very large and extremely well maintained. (In fact the maintenance team were busy while we were there and actually polished the pathway twice during our seven day stay!)

The buffet meals in the main restuarant were always excellent but it is worth booking the speciality restuarants to try them, especially the chinese one. We had no problem booking all four during our stay. The Egyptian Food Festival held each Wednesday is also extremely good.

If I had to give the hotel one criticism the only one I could think of would be don't rely on the hairdryer in the room!

Ummm!

I visitied The Grand Azure two weeks ago. As a Travel Advisor, I know I can be quite negative! I had booked two ajoining rooms and at reception I was offered two rooms quite near each other!! After refusing to accept them I was finally offered ajoining rooms. (You all have to wait in reception for what seems like eternity to go to your rooms as a group). One room was fine - the other disgusting. Old food in it, dirty beach towels on the floor, dirty unmade beds, litter on the floor. I have to to say the staff were excellent and very apologetic and we were immediately moved to two Junior Suites and when we returned from dinner there were baskets of fruit and hand made biscuits in our rooms. Apart from that there were just little things - no plug in bath, no coffee or cream by ketle, safe didnt work properly, broken glass on stairs, room service items left in corner of corridors, many broken man holes and uneven surfaces, the beach at one end was dirty and there were large blue containers along the beach.
Saying that, the place was lovely and the staff were excellent to us. The food was really good and they had the most amazing cakes ever! Its quite hard to get booked into one of the a la cart restaurants. Quite far from Na'ama Bay which is great cos that is like Blackpool in Sinai! Make sure you do the Cairo at least when you are there. A fab hotel - doesnt compare to other 5 Stars that I have been but I didnt expect it to.

Egypt

by Suzze

"A very relaxing holiday in Sharm el Sheik"

This was my first visit to Egypt and we stayed in Sharm el Sheik. We stayed in the LTI Grand Azure Resort. Could not fault the hotel it was lovely and it was all inclusive too. It was a huge complex and it did take a while from our room to get to the beach though! I even did a bit of snorkeling there as I don't swim at all really but I managed with some help and it was just amazing to see all the fish, a wonderful experience for me as i'm not a water baby! We did the quad bikes one day which was brilliant, really enjoyed that out in the Sinai Desert, and another day we did the camel ride.
I was totaly amazed when we went to pick up our camels to descent into the Sinai Desert again that these children were in total charge of these animals. If we had known that we were going to see these children that looked like they needed a good bath and a good meal we would have brought them some little gifts.
We went with two other couples on this holiday and it was an experience I will say to experince this country. I did enjoy it, but have to say did not enjoy the shopping which is very strange from someone who loves it as much as I like to breathe. I just hated being hassled by everyone trying to sell me something. It really got to me after a while, the worst I have ever know it anywhere that I've been to. That was my only downside of the trip. It was still very hot in Sept and it took me a few days to used to the heat.

I have added to this trip with more photos on my travelog......

This pool was just a few yards from our rooms and there were lots of these little bays around the pool so you wasn't with loads of other people, a really good idea and great planning when built. As you can see the sea was quite away from us so when we did go down we had to back pack to go down there! This complex was so big.

LTI Grand AzureLTI Grand Azure

Grand Azure beach and boardwalkGrand Azure beach and boardwalk

Reception in our hotel The Grand AzureReception in our hotel The Grand Azure

Tropicana Grand Azure Nabq Bay

by ebab

we are off to Tropicana grand azure next week.
can anyone tell me what the hotel is like?
What is in Nabq bay and is it safe to walk around day/night.
Thanks

Re: Tropicana Grand Azure Nabq Bay

by hassanov

Well u can check google for grand azure hotel and nabq bay coz its hard to describe however its very safe to walk day/night. Enjoy your time. :)

Comments