Taba Beach, Taba, Red Sea and Sinai, 46621, Egypt

Hilton.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

By the sea, the Hilton Taba

We enjoyed a long weekend at the hotel, with excellent service and the food at the detached Italian restaurant was fabulous. But we did not come for the food, or the service, take a look at the view from our room and you will see the Red Sea, we came for that, and as you can see the Taba Hilton has its property right on the beach.

Unique Quality: Sad to say that in 2004, the Hilton Taba was attacked by terrorists who planted several bombs which killed more than 30 people. This hotel was occupied for many years primarily by Israeli visitors, not so any longer.

Directions: Just over the Israeli/Egyptian border near Eilat

• dd99's Profile Photo

Nelson's Village

The Hilton istelf is still undergoing renovations (after the bombing). Nelson's village - resort-style low-rise (3 stories) buildings is open.

The place itself is fine for the price (very cheap if booked via an Israel travel agent) with limited facilities. Breakfast is OK (restaurant has a great view of the gulf), but the restaurants are expensive for what they offer (lunch and dinner).

Many of the staff are unsmiling, some are nicer.

Unique Quality: The hotel is 100 yards from the border crossing, with nothing else within walking distance.

Actually - the Israeli border is walking distance - I walked across to buy a newspaper and some batteries from the duty-free shop one morning. Crossing the border with no luggage is free (for Hilton guests), quick and easy.

More about Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village

Very Good Resort Hotel

by Paul2001 about The Hilton Taba Hotel

I stayed here for two nights after completing my tour of Israel. I needed to chill for a couple of days and for this the Hilton Taba Hotel served its purpose.
The hotel is saturated with Israelis on vacation although I did come across some Germans and a Greenlander(!). Since the hotel is suppose to have easy access to a reef I did a great deal of snorkelling for just the cost of the rented equipment.
I began my trip across the Sinai Peninsula, with the Greenlander no less, from here. This hotel has all the things that you would expect from a Hilton Resort. There are two pools. Several restaurants and a nightclub with nightly live entertainment usaully with a Middle Easter flavour. The rooms are quite large and modern. Unfortunately the beach is somewhat small but as I said there is easy access to the reef by way of a pier.
The hotel offers all kinds of excursions into the Sinai including to St. Catherine's Monestary. They also offer scuba diving lessons.
This lovely hotel was the victim of a mindless act of terrorism on October 8, 2004. 40 people were killed and more 120 injured by two truck bombs that smashed into the lobby and and the pool of the hotel. The hotel has been closed down and whether it reopens or not is not known at the time of this update.

Pool at the Hilton Taba HotelPool at the Hilton Taba Hotel

Hilton Taba - Red Sea

Hi,
Have just booked a fortnight at the Hilton Taba Resort last minute, and was wondering if anyone has been there and had any good tips?

Are the food/drink prices relatively inexpensive?

Thanks

Mike

Re: Hilton Taba - Red Sea

by ramot418

The hotel is literally on the Israel border - it's a short walk to the border crossing. I recommend 'dropping in' to the Israeli city of Eilat (a 5-minute ride from the border), if you don't mind paying the entry and/or exit taxes on both sides of the border. Not recommended, however, if you plan to go to Lebanon or Syria afterwards, because of the border crossing stamps which will be in your passport.

Thanks Steve,

Would you recommend I get my Visa at the border, I've heard there is quite a queue at the airport.

Mike

by ramot418

I admit I'm confused by your post.

Holders of British passports do not need a visa to enter Israel. It's not clear to me what an airport has to do with this.

by MikeJarvis

I have heard that to enter Eqypt, a visa must be obtained either before you leave, or upon arrival at the airport, however, this is not mandatory unless you are planning on going on any trips outside of the resort. I have been told that a visa can be obtained from the border if needed. So I was checking we didn't need one to go over into Eliat.

by ramot418

I'm not that familiar with Egyptian requirements, but from what I've seen on VT, you need a visa to enter Egypt no matter what. As a holder of a British passport, I presume that you can get it upon arrival. I'll let the Egypt experts answer this one more fully.

If you are arriving overland from Israel, then you may not need a visa to stay at the Taba Hilton. I know this is true for Israelis, but I'm not sure if it is so for other nationals.

by NASIR2

i've been to Taba Dec 15 last year,don't know anything about that hotel,but one thing i know you can get the visa from the Airport,for me as a British Citizen i always get my Visa in advance from the Egyptian Embassy in London,less hassle it takes only 2 hours.
the only problem you would have is if you're transit for some countries,they wouldn't allow you to board there flights if you don't have a Egyptian Visa.once in Budapest,they refuse me to board the plane.

so good luck and enjoy Egypt

Comments