4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Tingo.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Custodyspice's Profile Photo

Best Taba Hotel

Super duper 5 star. Great hotel, only 12 months old, so very spick and spanking.

Pays to go All Inclusive as drinks will hammer your half board wallet. There is a main pool area, a salt lake, golf course and right on the Red Sea's doorstep, where there are a few small reefs nearby.

The bedrooms are spacious and you can fit 4 persons into the shower, 5 at a push if you like things cosy.

Price wise, as this was late deal it was cheaper than average.

Unique Quality: As with most Red Sea hotels, the great Location overlooking the Red Sea, Saudi and Jordan, even if you have a back room the mountain backdrop is sterling.

This is by far the most impressive hotel out of the 5(?) large hotels in Taba Heights, ie Sofitel, Radisson etc.

More about Intercontinental Taba Heights

Best Hotel in Taba Heights

by TripAdvisor Member wanderlust57

We went over the New Year Holiday. Our first visit to Taba Heights was in November to the Hyatt. We found the Intercon MUCH more satisfying. The food was much better and the FREE wireless internet was a huge bonus since my husband and two daughters had 3 laptops going at once in our 2 very clean connecting rooms. I understand that this is the only hotel in Taba Heights that has free coffee and tea making facilities in your room. The 2 bottles of free water in each room every day was nice as well. All of the above is a plus over the Hyatt. We had a gorgeous view over the pool and sea. The hotel has planted Bougainvillea against all the walls of the hotel and one had already reached to our 2nd floor balcony - beautiful! It will be glorious in a few years. The hotel is really impressive but it was a bit crowded with the locals since it was the Eid holiday as well as the New Year holiday. The weather was a bit cool but we found a nice quiet, beautiful and warm spot to sunbath (sorry, it is a secret place between the few of us who looked and found it - but if you go - you will find it too if you look!). It was heavenly!

The New Year Gala was fun and well organized for being a new hotel with tons of food and much more reasonably priced then the other hotels. The British couple we sat with had moved to the Intercon after spending their first week at the Marriott - they said they moved because they were unhappy - the Marriott was very dirty and moving to the Intercon was "like a breath of fresh air".

The hotel almost got a perfect 5 stars from me (a difficult accomplishment for any hotel I stay at) - the only thing that kept it from the 5 stars was the dim lighting in the bedrooms (not good for reading) and less then perfect front desk staff (they did not give us towel cards at check in and then asked me "why" they didn't when I went back to get them - what kind of response is that?) My other complaint would be the slow service at breakfast to provide coffee and tea. Overall though, I highly recommend this hotel.

Amazing, fantastic stay

by TripAdvisor Member lizard0

We went to Taba Heights for the New Year.
Staff were fantastic and the food was excellent.
We are going back again later this year when hopefully the days will be a bit longer.
I would totally recommend this hotel, it was the best I have ever stayed in.

worst trip ever

by TripAdvisor Member HBJordan

There was noting good about the trip. the Hotel was horrible. when we first arrived the room we stayed in was filthy and the tap water was brown! the hotel was too big but the sevice was very sloppy! the hotel's food was horrible and the cuttlery was not clean. the transportation was very slow and horrible, the busses were open and the weather was too cold! Taba Heights should close in winter as it is freezing cold at night and the hotels were not made to support the winter! our room heating was not working properly as well!

if you ever want to go there you should be over 60 years old and want to die alone!

good but

by TripAdvisor Member walidhassoun

i booked the hotel over the phone , it was my second visit to taba heights , We have reserved 4 nights but reduced to one after we arrived , we arrived on the 29th of december and we have known that the new year dinner is obligatory for my wife and me where children are free before we booked .

on the very slow counter with absence of guests we were informed that our child 3 yrs and 2 months will have to pay a half ticket suddenly when we refused it took them 15 mns to tell us she can go free . the staff on the reception are not well trained and had dealt with us as we had no other option , we paid for a room with view and they gave us one with a view but very far from evety thing we have found the hotel lacking warmness and moved t the hyatt regency which was better for the rest of our vacation .

they have huge rooms limited satellite channels for only 6 boring programs and excellent food i mean it

by TripAdvisor Member **Bluey14**

This is my second trip to Egypt in 12 months, the first time was travelling all over the country - down the Nile, sleeping in the desert and getting amongst the hustle and bustle of Cairo. So this time we took the extreme approach and went five stars. My husband and I stayed in the Intercontinental Resort at Taba Heights for 3 nights and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Our choice of month to go in winter was not the best as it is a little cooler and we were not able to take advantage of swimming in the all the hotel outdoor pools or salt lake. But we did enjoy the indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.

The hotel to date has only been open for 8 months and being Egypt you have to understand the time it takes to get these 5 star places up and running. But I have to say our stay was fault-less.

The breakfast - the hotel offers a large variety of choices from Middle Eastern Style, American (Waffles) general buffet (on the spot Omelette, eggs, sausages, spuds, mushrooms, beans etc) together with alot of breads, alot of pastries, fresh fruit, tea and coffee.

The Staff - are very attentive. Walking within the hotel all staff would say hello, be responsive to carry your bags and make sure you are enjoying your stay. Nothing was a problem.

Tipping - although tipping is not compulsory a few Egyptian pounds to a helpful staff member does not hurt anyone’s pocket and is very much appreciated but not expected.

Nightlife - I have to echo what others have written about there isn't alot of nightlife within the Intercontinental but however you can freely pop over to the Marriott and enjoy their themed evenings in the grotto bar by the pool or cocktail lounge.

Bedroom: there is alot of room configurations within this hotel however, our room was of large size, had a king sized bed, great views of the pools and sea with a decent sized balcony. The shower I have to say is brilliant considering you are in the middle of the desert, great pressure, lots of hot water and huge. the rooms also consists of free wireless internet, safe, large wardrobe and drawers, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary water each day, mini bar, hairdryer, robes, slippers, moisturiser, soap etc

Things to Do: There is a tour company that run several different activities around Taba or further a field i.e. day trip to Cairo. There is a far few water sports to do and quad hire riding through the canyon (which we did and I would totally recommend). The are in the process of creating a 18 hole golf course and it is currently in working order for 9 holes (takes time grow grass in the desert)

There is a complimentary shuttle bus that can take you from the hotel up to the Taba Heights Village where there is a small mini market (best place to get cheap water), a handful of restaurants and shops.

Alot of babble I know, but I hope it helps fellow travellers.

Taba Heights, Egypt

by johnsteel1967

"Taba Summary"

Taba Heights is an area of quality hotels offering superb service. Sandwiched betwen the desert and the Red sea it is ideally located for visiting other parts of Egyt, Israel and Jordan.

"Hyatt Regency"

We stayed at the 5* Hyatt Regency Taba Heights. A fantastic hotel designed like a mini village. Top of the range amenities coupled with a setting overlooking the Red Sea with Saudi Arabia and Jordan in the distance. Food was of the highest standard - try the Lebanese restaurant. plent of space both poolside and on the beach to relax and catch those rays!

Taba heights Egypt

by daislylove

"Hyatt Hotel"

The Hyatt is a fantastic hotel. The staff are very eager to please and very friendly.
The grounds are huge with tennis courts, lagoon, 4 large swimming pools, casino, gym and lots more. The A rooms are the closest to everything and have fantastic views over the complex or to the mountains behind.
The buffet is in Limoncello and the food is wonderful, not too much choice but still very good.
The whole place is clean and welcoming even if the armed guards sitting around are a little worrying.

"Beach"

The Hyatt has its own part of the beach like the other hotels and has a little man keeping watch for strays. Like the rest of the hotel it is very clean. There is a small shack renting life vests and snorkling/diving equipment. The sea is clear and full of life. Pretty much the only place to enter the water is from a long boardwalk as there is coral everywhere which is protected and should not be touched.
Familys of Lion fish are dotted around so watch out.
I am a keen water woman but there are some fish I have never seen before.

"Trip"

There are loads of trips to do but we only had time for one and that was a boat ride around Taba. We went out to a small island used for sometype of army work but was very scenic. The actual island was off limits but the water was perfect for snorkling as there was a very shallow area full of rocks and coral where i chased a parrot fish and heard it munching on some coral. The trip also offered scuba lessions for a price but it wasn't really necessary.
Lunch was provided and drinks as it usually is on sight seeing boat trips and we booked through the hotel which organised everything.
There is talk of Dolphins visiting and although I didn't see one, I swear I heard its eerie laugh!

by gabriellefox

"Introduction to Taba"

Having sampled the delights of Sharm I wanted to see another part of Egypt and gain more confidence in snorkelling and diving. We booked this break through a local travel agent but you can also book directly through Longwood Holidays who are absoloutly amazing. The staff at Longwood look after you from the moment you are through customs, and having had over 20 years of experience operating in Egypt there is not too much they don't know about the ins and outs of catering for your every need and organising excursions. They are the UK's leading independent Red Sea specialist, with experience of providing tailor-made and package holidays to Egypt, Jordan and Israel.

TABA gives its name to the stretch of coastline from the Israeli border southwards, and is one of the most picturesque on the Red Sea. The town of Taba has few facilities, while it makes a great base for exploring the region, as many sights are easy to reach from here.

TABA HEIGHTS is one of the most exciting tourism developments on the Red Sea, but is no where as commercial as Sharm. At the present time, it’s a peaceful location, perfect for a relaxing break on the beautiful shores of the Gulf of Aqaba.

"The Coastline"

The Taba coastline is an ideal place to learn to dive, or just to snorkel, with very shallow reefs around 12-14 metres being accessible straight from the beach jettys. Pristine coral reefs are found close to the shore, and there are numerous secluded bays, coves and lagoons waiting to be discovered. The shallow reefs are ideal for snorkelling and fantastic marine life can be found in fairly shallow dives, if like me you are not as confident or experienced.

I only had a week so decided to chill out on the beautiful beache by my resort and immerse myself in the equivalent of an underwater theme park. The coast that stretches south of the town of Taba is one of the most picturesque parts of the Red Sea Riviera. The dramatic mountains of the Sinai peninsula run down to quiet, unspoilt beaches with views across the Gulf of Aqaba to Jordan. The resort itself is fairly small, but the top class hotels strung along the coast have plenty of facilities to keep you occupied and entertained. It has excellent diving, snorkelling and watersports. I found that Taba offers outstanding value for money for a winter holiday.

"Winter Sunshine"

Anyone who is familiar with my pages and travel stories will be aware that I love to escape the long gray winters in the UK. A holiday in Taba Heights was just the ticket for year round sunshine, miles of unspoilt coastline and fascinating sights. This Red Sea gem is relatively new and boasts some stunning scenery. From the breathtaking views, to the beautiful mountains and deserts, this little beauty is perfect for summer holidays and not to be missed.

Although the sandy shores are well worth a visit, it's the sparkling seas and marine life that sets Taba Heights head and shoulders above the rest. For great sporting holidays, the area around Taba Heights is considered to be one of the best places in the world for scuba diving. Thanks to the warm, sheltered waters you can get a glimpse of the beautiful marine life, like turtles, dolphins and tropical fish.

by Eko_Fisk

I am travelling to Taba Heights in September staying at the Hyatt Regency. Has nybody stayed there and what is the hotel / resort like?
How much spending money do I need to take?

by Sharon

The hotel seems to be a nice one, but the whole area isnt too interesting. you can atke a few days trips around but basically not to much to do around the hotel.
If i would have travel to Sinay i wouldnt bother to stop in Taba (which is anyway across the border with Eilat. But since you already sounds as if you booked it then enjoy the relaxing time and quiet around and go out to see what you can.
Also check about crossing the border to Eilat, that way you can see something of Israel. the distance from taba to the border is just a few min'.

Enjoy,
S.

by Eko_Fisk

Thank you very much. Do I need a visa to cross into Israel?

by Sharon

To be honest i dont remember who needs and who doesnt. i think you do need.
Why wont you post this question in the Israel forum and ask other Europens that have been in Israel ?

Anyway if you will cross the border then dont miss some of the real nice attractions of Eilat. you can read about then in my eilat page.

And if you go to Nuweiba (still in Egypt) then go swim with Oli the Dolphin... its wonderful.

S.

by ramot418

Holders of British passports do not need a visa to enter Israel.

by ElizabethSmith

see

for my report on my recent trip to this hotel.

We had a bottle of wine every night and beer and gin etc in the eveining. our bill was less than £600 for three of us. (946 dollars)

Comments