Sol y Mar Sea Star Taba

Stazza's Profile Photo

Great friendly & comfortable hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2011

I have coeliac disease so food is the 1st priority when staying anywhere. On arrival I told the receptionist of the condition by way of a pre printed card from the Celiac society printed in Arabic. When we went into dinner the restaurant manager came straight over to me and took me to meet the head chef who took me around the servery area of the restaurant advising what was suitable for me and what was not. The food is self service and there was plenty of choice at all 3 meals. It has to be said as well I am a fussy eater!, however I never went hungry nor did I go looking for anything in the shop for a snack.

A road separates the beach and the hotel, if you see a vehicle once in 15 minutes it is busy! It is truly a quiet road( March 2011), it takes about 5 minutes to walk out from the hotel to the beach, through the car park and turn right. Alternatively the hotel provide a minibus every hour. We were quite glad of the walk as it gave us some exercise. The beach was kept clean as were the facilities there, lavatories, showers & bar area.

The hotel staff are really somethingelse, we found they were always happy to help and socialable. Staff come and go so I won't mention names.

Unique Quality: The view accross the Gulf of Aquaba to Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Large bedrooms that were serviced daily.

Friendly staff

Directions: Travelling from the airport, when you arrive at the coast turn right, hotel is approx 200 meters on right.

3 Photos of Sol y Mar Sea Star Taba

Taba Travel Forum

Need advice about Taba, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Taba and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Taba hotel reviews