Club Med Louxor

Bella Donna Rue Khaled Ibn El Walid Louxor, Louxor Quena, Luxor, Egypt

Satisfaction Average

More about Luxor

The streets being cleaned during hot period.The streets being cleaned during hot period.

Another fine work.Another fine work.

The Obelisk of Hatshepsut @ KarnakThe Obelisk of Hatshepsut @ Karnak

Mosque - LuxorMosque - Luxor

Tom & Jerry motorboat and Mr Ali Abdu

by cyprus4holidays

Hi

We've heard about a small motorboat operated by this man from around the Iberotel area where he offers an evening sail with dinner and a cake from Twinkys.

All sounds like great fun for 6 of us who are travelling together in a couple of weeks.

However, I would like to hear from anyone who has done the same trip and any feedback.

I'm also looking for some up to date prices for the balloon flights? We arrive late on a Friday evening and depart at lunchtime the next Friday so are fairly limited with days/dates and would prefer to have some kind of "plan" in advance!

Can anyone help with prices for Hod Hod (Suliman) and Magic Horizon in comparison with each other and what you get? I really do want a T shirt that says I've been there and done it! :-)

Thanks!

by TheLongTone

Twinky's cakes rule

by Odinnthor

Ssorry, I do not know this particular felucca boat ride, but want to say that you need to be careful regarding the water. Only drink bottled water, and do not use icecubes, and further, avoid all contact with the riverwater.

If you are looking for reliable Blloon rides i srecommend the Sinbad Ballons

(...also, be sure to take toiletpaper with you. Trust me, you will thank me later.......)

by ourluxor

The proprietors of Hod Hod and Magic Horizon are closely related, so their services and standards will probably be very similar, as will be their prices I should imagine. I was talking with a lady last week who had negotiated balloon rides for her and her son for £30 each, she also told another 5 tourists in the same hotel, who took the flight the following day for the same price.
Regarding the motor boat thing, any motor boat captain will make arrangements to suit your requirements, this is how these blokes make a living: they all want to please!
Luxor tap water is safe to drink, but made rather unpalatable due to the addition of large amounts of chlorine in order to kill any unwanted bugs that may lurk there. Like water anywhere, it may be differently constituted to the tap water where you live, and this very difference may cause some mild upset, just as it might in a neighbouring county in England.
The major recurring factor in the cause of upset tummies in Egypt is the extreme heat, too much sun, not enough water, too much alcohol (causing dehydration) and the drinking of cold drinks when your body is too hot to accept them.

Travel Tips for Luxor

Contact a Local Tour Operator

by travellingbetty9

I was tasked to plan our vacation to Egypt and I scoured the internet for tours at Luxor and Cairo. I was lucky to contact a local tour operator for our tour at Luxor, couple Mohamed and Jann at www.reallifeegypt.com. They suggested the attractions to see and were readily flexible to adapt to our requests and budget unlike other tour operators whose prices were already fixed and higher for the same attractions. We were fortunate to be given a knowledgable guide who even accompanied us and bargained for us for souvenirs to bring home.

burrrrrrrrrrrung manis!!!

by ukirsari

visit the small city of luxor, especially along youssef-mariam street, brings me back to the reality; we’re live today after such a long journey to visit historical sites in luxor and thebes. weird to find several kids begging for baksheesh thing, tip from this and that [even we never ask anything!] and the most bored question, “madame, have you already married and how many camels that your hubby brings to your parents?” ohhhhhh, mon dieu!!!
but, we had a payback with visiting gorgeous sites at luxor. and not all of them like that. friendly people still can be found. also this nice creature: cat. we love to call him "burung". actually, in my lingo, burung means bird. but this cat, we see him so nice, cool and friendly like a sweet bird and i also remember a cover from my fave rock band rush in their album "fly by night" with cat and wings put on there. so, we miss this burung cat from chez omar resto and cafe at luxor square. see you again someday, burung manis :)

Off the main road

by pmarshuk

Looking down the narrow sidestreets of Luxor brings back to you that many parts of Egypt are still almost third world. On the overland trip from Aswan to Luxor some of the villages we went thru seemed to have housing that looked almost about to fall down.

Shoes

by Beograd

Unless you have feet like this, I suggest that you pay attention to your foot wear. It's dusty where ever you go on a location in Luxor, so it's best for you to wear sneakers or something similar... Make sure that your footweare is comfortable and practical!

Luxor Temple - Decapitation

by ATXtraveler

One of the things you will notice about Egypt as a whole, and is specifically visible in the Luxor temple is the lack of heads on many of the statues. This is because they were taken as trophies throughout the world as leaders came in and "conquered" Egypt.

It is pretty sad to see these statues stand the test of time, and be here for thousands of years, only to be defaced by someone who had their 15 years of fame!

Comments